Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back observations 20:36 - Dec 27 with 12607 viewsBlackCrowe

Not good. Lucky to get away with 1-0 but could've been a different game were it not for pure Stroud for their goal...we'll never know.

Midfield overrun, we couldn't handle their high press (which they do very well) and Willock and Chair were neutralised from the start.

Biggest irritation was not making subs much much sooner, it was obvious to us that 5-10 mins into the second half nothing had changed, the subs should've come then. And btw Uncs over Kakay every time for starting position.

As for Bournemouth's pantomime collapsing....utterly utterly pathetic, the management and the players should be ashamed. But of course won't be.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back observations on 20:49 - Dec 27 with 5459 viewsqpr_1968

i think uncs is very underrated.
proved he can last 90 minutes...that comes with loving and supporting the club you play for.
assists are second to none.....
and the odd goal thrown in.

we need more players like him, but unfortunatley they are few and far between in this day and age.

there you go.....uncs all day long.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Just back observations on 20:49 - Dec 27 with 5453 viewsCamberleyR

Ashamed? I should think Parker the tailor's dummy is absolutely ecstatic executing his plan to the letter. Anti-football to a 't'. I can't stand him, more so because because Sky seem to absolutely fcking love him.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Just back observations on 20:57 - Dec 27 with 5353 viewsNed_Kennedys

Bloody useless today: can’t think of a single player who played well and Warburton’s team selection and substitutions were awful.
Yes Stroud was a thundercnt as expected but we could’ve played for another few hours without even having a decent shot: we were woeful.
Picking Kakay and Field was a mistake from the start and put us on the back foot. Dykes was way off the pace. Not sure what was wrong with Willock but he did nothing.
I’d have put Uncle on after half an hour: pathetic that it was well into the second half before he appeared. Amos for Field was obvious as well but only to everyone who thought we needed to get
some more attacking options on the pitch. Ridiculous we didn’t use all our subs either.

Hopefully just a one off: embarrassing today.
Just back observations on 20:58 - Dec 27 with 5346 viewstraininvain

Just back observations on 20:49 - Dec 27 by qpr_1968

i think uncs is very underrated.
proved he can last 90 minutes...that comes with loving and supporting the club you play for.
assists are second to none.....
and the odd goal thrown in.

we need more players like him, but unfortunatley they are few and far between in this day and age.

there you go.....uncs all day long.

Surely Adomah wasn’t enough fit to start today? That’s what I assumed anyway as he has to be starting if he can play 90 mins.
Just back observations on 21:08 - Dec 27 with 5239 viewsessextaxiboy

Just back observations on 20:57 - Dec 27 by Ned_Kennedys

Bloody useless today: can’t think of a single player who played well and Warburton’s team selection and substitutions were awful.
Yes Stroud was a thundercnt as expected but we could’ve played for another few hours without even having a decent shot: we were woeful.
Picking Kakay and Field was a mistake from the start and put us on the back foot. Dykes was way off the pace. Not sure what was wrong with Willock but he did nothing.
I’d have put Uncle on after half an hour: pathetic that it was well into the second half before he appeared. Amos for Field was obvious as well but only to everyone who thought we needed to get
some more attacking options on the pitch. Ridiculous we didn’t use all our subs either.

Hopefully just a one off: embarrassing today.

Dunne had a very good game IMO ...
Just back observations on 21:12 - Dec 27 with 5197 viewseastside_r

Just back observations on 21:08 - Dec 27 by essextaxiboy

Agree.
Just back observations on 21:17 - Dec 27 with 5129 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I didn't realise Albert was fit until he started warming up. Why would you start Kakay over him? We only looked dangerous in the last 20 minutes.

Hopefully there are some incoming signings otherwise we're going nowhere.
Just back observations on 21:21 - Dec 27 with 5075 viewsthame_hoops

Good lord.. perspective…lost to the team top of the league with a big budget, we really weren’t that bad 🤦🏼‍♂️ Fine lines and all that
Login to get fewer ads

Just back observations on 21:30 - Dec 27 with 4955 viewsNed_Kennedys

Just back observations on 21:21 - Dec 27 by thame_hoops

Good lord.. perspective…lost to the team top of the league with a big budget, we really weren’t that bad 🤦🏼‍♂️ Fine lines and all that

Are you serious?
We literally had no efforts on goal today: their keeper had to make no saves.
Bournemouth were out of form and played like it but they won easily.
Just back observations on 21:31 - Dec 27 with 4963 viewsWirralHoop

I presumed Uncs isn’t ready to start 2 games in 4 days, 3 in 6 so Kakay played before he goes to AFCON.
Just back observations on 21:53 - Dec 27 with 4785 viewsMrSheen

Just back observations on 21:08 - Dec 27 by essextaxiboy

Only Dunne, Dieng and Dozzell, when he came on, we’re better than passable tonight. We have lots to complain about - Stroud, Bournemouth’s pathetic gamesmanship - but the result wasn’t one of them. They could have buried us.

Honourable exception to Bournemouth‘s play-acting - Lewis Cook. Aggressive and energetic, but had no interest in time wasting and feigning injury. Even ran off when he was subbed off at the end.
Just back observations on 22:00 - Dec 27 with 4723 viewsenfieldargh

Mention to Gary Cahill, he might be ex chelsit but on three occasions he pulled teammates to their feet when they were in the throws of giving birth.

When 3 Bournemouth players went down as if shot at the same time in extra time I can only assume they lost the rota.

Losing Chair for much of the first half didn't help, Willock looks half the player he can be when Ilias isn't around

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Just back observations on 22:02 - Dec 27 with 4689 viewsCamberleyR

Just back observations on 21:53 - Dec 27 by MrSheen

Only Dunne, Dieng and Dozzell, when he came on, we’re better than passable tonight. We have lots to complain about - Stroud, Bournemouth’s pathetic gamesmanship - but the result wasn’t one of them. They could have buried us.

Honourable exception to Bournemouth‘s play-acting - Lewis Cook. Aggressive and energetic, but had no interest in time wasting and feigning injury. Even ran off when he was subbed off at the end.

"Even ran off when he was subbed off at the end."

I bet he wasn't in Parker's good books for that.

Just back observations on 22:03 - Dec 27 with 4687 viewsSK_hoops

Just back observations on 22:00 - Dec 27 by enfieldargh

Mention to Gary Cahill, he might be ex chelsit but on three occasions he pulled teammates to their feet when they were in the throws of giving birth.

When 3 Bournemouth players went down as if shot at the same time in extra time I can only assume they lost the rota.

Losing Chair for much of the first half didn't help, Willock looks half the player he can be when Ilias isn't around

I noticed that too. Fair play. Never really had a problem with Cahill.... for a Chelsea player.
Just back observations on 22:07 - Dec 27 with 4623 viewsqueensparker

Only watched on telly but thought we looked like we hadn’t played for three weeks and a tough game really caught up with our legs - really sharp for 30 mins then faded badly until Adomah came on. We normally finish strong but we looked tired in the second half for once.

God bless Kakay thought he was actually alright in terms of defending and getting up the pitch but his crossing isn’t great. Wallace and Dykes looked rusty as well. No Chair for second half means we’re less of a threat and Willock was as anonymous as he’s been all season, but he’s allowed one off game.

Despite that we gave Bournemouth a good game and I reckon they’ll be top two no doubt, Solanke and Billing and Stanislas and Cook are all top players.

I seem to be in a total minority but thought we had a fkin nailed on penalty on Johansen as well.

Need to get back match fit
Just back observations on 22:14 - Dec 27 with 4571 viewsLowerloftLad

Bournemouth bottom prem side top 2 champ squad
League one fan base at best.
League two stadium.

Did they a good side in the 60- 70s ect or is it just the past few years they have had half decent sides ?.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2021 22:15]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Just back observations on 22:15 - Dec 27 with 4565 viewsQPR_Hibs

Just back observations on 22:03 - Dec 27 by SK_hoops

I noticed that too. Fair play. Never really had a problem with Cahill.... for a Chelsea player.

Also, Cahill didn't complain when Dykes shoved him into the advertising boards.

Thought Wallace played reasonably well too.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Just back observations on 22:22 - Dec 27 with 4497 viewsdannyblue

Just back observations on 22:15 - Dec 27 by QPR_Hibs

Also, Cahill didn't complain when Dykes shoved him into the advertising boards.

Thought Wallace played reasonably well too.

Yes I too gained respect for Cahill today. All this while he was getting dog's abuse from R block. A grown up.
Just back observations on 22:28 - Dec 27 with 4440 viewsCamberleyR

Just back observations on 22:14 - Dec 27 by LowerloftLad

Bournemouth bottom prem side top 2 champ squad
League one fan base at best.
League two stadium.

Did they a good side in the 60- 70s ect or is it just the past few years they have had half decent sides ?.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2021 22:15]

Bournemouth spent over 60 years in the bottom two divisions before spending three seasons in the old second division in the late 80s. They then didn't spend another season in the second tier until 2013-14 and then got promoted for the first time to the top flight in 2015-16.

So your summation is correct; small club with small tinpot fanbase artificially inflated to a couple of levels above their natural level by their rich Russian owner.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AFC_Bournemouth_seasons

Just back observations on 22:34 - Dec 27 with 4388 viewsqueensparker

Just back observations on 22:22 - Dec 27 by dannyblue

Yes I too gained respect for Cahill today. All this while he was getting dog's abuse from R block. A grown up.

He also kicked off our shitty recent Prem adventures by blasting a 30 yarder into the top corner for Bolton as they dicked us 4-0 at home on the opening day of the season in 201-something.

The good at football classy bast-rd.
Just back observations on 22:34 - Dec 27 with 4390 viewsMrSheen

Ted McDougall, errrr, that’s it for Bournemouth’s memorable 20th Century players.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2021 22:35]
Just back observations on 22:50 - Dec 27 with 4254 viewswokingrs

Just back observations on 22:34 - Dec 27 by MrSheen

Ted McDougall, errrr, that’s it for Bournemouth’s memorable 20th Century players.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2021 22:35]

Best team on the night by far won. We rarely looked liked scoring until final 10 mins or so. Stroud was awful as always. Never a foul by Field and from where we were sitting, it looked like a pen on Stefan. Missed Chair big time. Wallace didn’t look fit at all.
Just back observations on 22:51 - Dec 27 with 4237 viewsLowerloftLad

So my shout of you make Brentford look big is true then.

Why did chair come off ? I'm guessing he is injured.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2021 22:53]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Just back observations on 23:00 - Dec 27 with 4155 viewsbongo_king

Not a great night but think we've got to keep perspective:
- Bournemouth were the better team - unlike when we played them earlier in the season - and deserved it over the 90. We haven't played for 3 weeks, some players have been ill/injured and it showed.
- That said, Stroud did what he does. I saw a stat that Bournemouth have now played 13 won 13 with the hometown boy as ref. IMO free kick never was one, if we were his hometown we'd have had at least one pen, Dozzell's 2nd yellow deserved for handbags but first barely.
- Despite being outplayed for most of the match, last 15 mins we were unlucky, constant pressure but it just didn't drop for us in the box.
- On specific players - unfair on Kakay, he did a job in the circumstance, I'd say his normal level is lower Champ / L1 and he played well above that tonight against what is almost certainly a prem team next year. Unlike a Mr Todd Kane, he beat the first man with all his crosses. Wallace similarly tried but just back from injury.
- On team selection - with 3 games in 6 days and Chair, Kakay, Dieng about to disappear its risky to play Adomah and wallace for the 90. So would have been nice to e.g start uncs but fair chance we'd run into problems in a few games. Ageee that midfield clearly overrrun from about min 30 and needed changes.
For me it's onwards, fingers crossed, and upwards, if we can keep players fit.
Just back observations on 23:27 - Dec 27 with 3995 viewsOldPedro

Just back observations on 22:22 - Dec 27 by dannyblue

He did throw himself to the floor in challenge with Johansen to 'win' a free kick when he knew he was beaten for pace and Johansen was going to get in behind their defence
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 17:56]

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024