Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rational hatred of Scott Parker 22:52 - Sep 14 with 5243 viewsPeterHucker

Someone on the Bournemouth match thread said they were beginning to develop an irrational hatred of Scott Parker.

First of all, there's nothing irrational about that.

And secondly "beginning to develop" FFS man, what kept you? I've hated him for decades and I was genuinely quite surprised to discover that others hadn't done the same.

We're talking about a man who left Charlton when they were a very good team, regularly finishing midtable or higher in the Premier League. He was the main man at that club and he left to take the tainted rubles of filthy Chelsea.
Curbishley was rightly critical of him at the time saying he didn't put any effort into training once he heard of Chelsea's interest.
If you look up "mercenary" in the dictionary there's a photo of him sitting on the bench at Chelsea.

In an England shirt, he was mainly there to do the same job as he did at Chelsea which was to come on as sub to replace Lampard and miraculously somehow manage to be even more ineffectual than Fat Frank!

My West Brom mate has a theory that London-based players and particularly Londoners get more than their fair share of England caps and he reckons this applies particularly if Spurs & West Ham players. I'm not sure I agree with his theory overall and I think it is largely borne out of jealousy.
But on the other hand, you see Scott Parker being picked for England while playing for those clubs and maybe he's on to something?

In post-match interviews as a player he never came across as a very bright bloke and yet he's walked into a few managerial jobs now just on the basis of his name, his ill-deserved reputation as a player and supposedly being a "good pro".
Not sure Curbishley or the Charlton fans would agree with that!
"Good pro" my hairy arse!

So that checklist again...
Being thick CHECK
Getting manager's jobs he hasn't earnt through previous relevant experience in the lower divisions. CHECK
Underachieving in those jobs CHECK.

You see even as a manager he's just following in Lampard's footsteps.
Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 23:18 - Sep 14 with 4137 viewsozexile

To think he got an England cap. And to think Mark Hughes wanted to bankrupt us to get him here.
Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 23:22 - Sep 14 with 4123 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Scott Parker has now faced QPR 4 times as a manager and won all 4. Sufficient grounds in itself for disdain.

That being said, he was pretty honest in tonight's post-match interview and gave the impression that QPR were worthy of a draw. Faint impression but an impression nonetheless.
Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 23:26 - Sep 14 with 4107 viewsloftboy

To be fair he was great in the McDonald’s ads as a kid

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 23:28 - Sep 14 with 4096 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Didn't he give a really great half-time team talk once or something?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 23:37 - Sep 14 with 4059 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Also, what's with his hair? It's like 3 haircuts in 1.
Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 23:39 - Sep 14 with 4051 viewsted_hendrix

Back then the score was QPR 1-Spurs 0, about 15 minutes to go and we were desperate for the points to stay up which we ultimately did at the Etihad.
It was the season that refs were told to book players for diving, Parker done a swan lake dive and the ref run past him gesturing to him to get up, I went apeshit then the ball was delivered into our box but headed out by a Spurs player but the bloody ref gave them bastards a corner FFS.
By this time I'd gone completely mental and as the ball landed in the lower loft behind our goal I decided enough was enough, jumped over the wall and headed down to give ape boy Bale a piece of my mind which I duly did, calling him and his f ucking team mates a bunch of cheating/diving bastards etcetera-etcetera.

Anyway Parker was the cause of my mentalness that Saturday afternoon so I've rightly hated the f uckpig ever since.

Goodnight.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 23:43 - Sep 14 with 4034 viewsloftboy

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 23:39 - Sep 14 by ted_hendrix

Back then the score was QPR 1-Spurs 0, about 15 minutes to go and we were desperate for the points to stay up which we ultimately did at the Etihad.
It was the season that refs were told to book players for diving, Parker done a swan lake dive and the ref run past him gesturing to him to get up, I went apeshit then the ball was delivered into our box but headed out by a Spurs player but the bloody ref gave them bastards a corner FFS.
By this time I'd gone completely mental and as the ball landed in the lower loft behind our goal I decided enough was enough, jumped over the wall and headed down to give ape boy Bale a piece of my mind which I duly did, calling him and his f ucking team mates a bunch of cheating/diving bastards etcetera-etcetera.

Anyway Parker was the cause of my mentalness that Saturday afternoon so I've rightly hated the f uckpig ever since.

Goodnight.

That picture is legendary Ted

[Post edited 14 Sep 2021 23:45]

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 23:53 - Sep 14 with 4009 viewsqueensparker

Goodnight.

Nice to have the behind the scenes commentary of that legendary picture Ted. One for the real fans 😀
Login to get fewer ads

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 00:25 - Sep 15 with 3943 viewsBoston

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 23:37 - Sep 14 by Benny_the_Ball

Also, what's with his hair? It's like 3 haircuts in 1.

Pretty Boy Parker.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 07:37 - Sep 15 with 3588 viewsnix

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 23:43 - Sep 14 by loftboy

Is that really you Ted?
Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 07:39 - Sep 15 with 3583 viewslondonscottish

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 23:43 - Sep 14 by loftboy

Love that picture.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 08:07 - Sep 15 with 3470 viewsflynnbo

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 07:37 - Sep 15 by nix

Is that really you Ted?

Yep, that's our Ted!
Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 08:13 - Sep 15 with 3458 viewsnix

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 08:07 - Sep 15 by flynnbo

Yep, that's our Ted!

Awesome. I love the fact I know what he looks like now! What a fantastic picture too.
Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 08:16 - Sep 15 with 3445 viewsgazza1

Yeh great picture of you Ted, thread is a lot of nonsense though!!!! Posters don't even know the bloke, haven't got a clue what he does and says to whoever!!!!.
Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 08:25 - Sep 15 with 3399 viewskernowhoop

Goodnight.

Would you say that football affects you emotionally, Ted?
Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 08:48 - Sep 15 with 3330 viewsloftboy

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 08:16 - Sep 15 by gazza1

Yeh great picture of you Ted, thread is a lot of nonsense though!!!! Posters don't even know the bloke, haven't got a clue what he does and says to whoever!!!!.

I know him, and have had several conversations at LR with him.

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 08:51 - Sep 15 with 3318 viewsgazza1

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 08:48 - Sep 15 by loftboy

I know him, and have had several conversations at LR with him.

Really, what did he have to say?? Did he tell you to fxck off wxnker, I hate QPR, I get my teams to kick players and to put pressure of the refs, etc???
Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 09:06 - Sep 15 with 3250 viewsbosh67

Tin hat on. I think he' a decent manager and have very few complaints about him as a human being.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 09:12 - Sep 15 with 3230 viewsCamberleyR

He looks shifty when he's being interviewed and he's talking to his shoes. He's also got the personality of an amoeba.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 10:01 - Sep 15 with 3125 viewstoboboly

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 09:06 - Sep 15 by bosh67

Tin hat on. I think he' a decent manager and have very few complaints about him as a human being.

Apparently he tried it on with my sister in law a number of years ago in a bar despite being married. Don't think he is particularly moral.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 10:04 - Sep 15 with 3121 viewsthemodfather

i don;t know what it is but i have never liked him as a player or manager, does he "look" sneaky? the fulham bit doesn't help either
Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 10:10 - Sep 15 with 3103 viewsgazza1

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 10:04 - Sep 15 by themodfather

i don;t know what it is but i have never liked him as a player or manager, does he "look" sneaky? the fulham bit doesn't help either

Played at the top level, busy midfielder, in your face, limitations but a good player for the team. Not sure about him as a Manager but he was in all sorts of trouble at Fulham with their set-up and players. Don't see why Fulham has anything to do with it.

He is OK as far as I am concerned, no issues especially.
Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 10:34 - Sep 15 with 3055 viewsloftboy

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 08:51 - Sep 15 by gazza1

Really, what did he have to say?? Did he tell you to fxck off wxnker, I hate QPR, I get my teams to kick players and to put pressure of the refs, etc???

I thought you were talking about Ted 😂😂😂

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 11:15 - Sep 15 with 2969 viewswestberksr

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 10:34 - Sep 15 by loftboy

I thought you were talking about Ted 😂😂😂

Rational hatred of Scott Parker on 11:29 - Sep 15 with 2939 viewswillis1980

Goodnight.

that season I really felt like the world was against little old QPR, so many terrible decisions by officials (the goal vs. Bolton in particular, Derrys red card at Old Trafford, Bartons red vs. Norwich etc etc) too made you feel like winning a game is merely reserved for the upper table sides. In a way a lot of this galvanised the supoort and the team I reckon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024