Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Baird signing this week 10:19 - Aug 12 with 2028 viewsGloucs_R

Multiple sources reporting this now.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-boss-keen-to-complete-baird-signing?

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2013/08/12/82029-33717997/?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Chris Baird signing this week on 10:55 - Aug 12 with 1903 viewsadhoc_qpr

Good news!

Great professional and character but all accounts and versatile too. Can play RB, CB and defensive midfielder (better than Henry there for sure).
Chris Baird signing this week on 10:57 - Aug 12 with 1885 viewsQPRDave

Decent defensive cover
Chris Baird signing this week on 10:57 - Aug 12 with 1883 viewsNorthernr

I like this signing a lot. Cheap, not a long contract, nobody at Fulham with a bad word to say about him, covers several positions we're short in (left back/centre back), right sort etc etc.
Chris Baird signing this week on 11:21 - Aug 12 with 1733 viewsHooparoo

Chris Baird signing this week on 10:57 - Aug 12 by Northernr

I like this signing a lot. Cheap, not a long contract, nobody at Fulham with a bad word to say about him, covers several positions we're short in (left back/centre back), right sort etc etc.

Agree. We are starting to look like a squad with some depth and I like that Harry is thinking about a couple of utility players like O'Neill and now Baird.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Chris Baird signing this week on 11:23 - Aug 12 with 1726 viewsadhoc_qpr

Chris Baird signing this week on 10:57 - Aug 12 by Northernr

People keep saying he covers left back, but has he ever actually played there?

He started out as a right back, but i never seen him lined up on the left.
Chris Baird signing this week on 11:25 - Aug 12 with 1712 viewstoboboly

Chris Baird signing this week on 11:23 - Aug 12 by adhoc_qpr

No, and i'm not sure where this has come from. He was a CB then an RB and then covered as a CM.

If he is cheap then it is good strength in depth for the RB and CB spots. However I would like a LB as well. Otherwise we will just be shoehorning people into positions as per normal.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Chris Baird signing this week on 11:27 - Aug 12 with 1693 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Chris Baird signing this week on 11:23 - Aug 12 by adhoc_qpr

Thats true, but if we do sign him, i can't see where Harry would want to play him other than left back, we are already strong at CB and RB and CM, and were desperately in need for a LB. I can see hin playing LB, and being a cover for Simpson at RB if he gets injured, where Suk Young can slot in a LB

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Chris Baird signing this week on 11:51 - Aug 12 with 1586 viewsqueensparker

People keep saying we're strong at centre mid, but I don't think we are, at all.

As it stands we've got Henry (solid / average), Faurlin (injured a lot, jury still out on whether he can regain form), O'Neill (no idea if he's any good yet), M'Bia (going to leave), Granero (going to leave), Derry (out on loan already, reckon he's unlikely to come back), Diakite (on holiday with Lord Lucan), and Barton (almost certain to leave or implode at some point, can't rely on him).

While that's a lot of names still on the books, looking at that list we definitely need a centre mid to come in.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2013 11:52]
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Baird signing this week on 11:57 - Aug 12 with 1563 viewsrsonist

If we can win the league with Clint playing there then Baird should do fine.
Chris Baird signing this week on 12:01 - Aug 12 with 1547 viewsrsonist

Chris Baird signing this week on 11:51 - Aug 12 by queensparker

People keep saying we're strong at centre mid, but I don't think we are, at all.

As it stands we've got Henry (solid / average), Faurlin (injured a lot, jury still out on whether he can regain form), O'Neill (no idea if he's any good yet), M'Bia (going to leave), Granero (going to leave), Derry (out on loan already, reckon he's unlikely to come back), Diakite (on holiday with Lord Lucan), and Barton (almost certain to leave or implode at some point, can't rely on him).

While that's a lot of names still on the books, looking at that list we definitely need a centre mid to come in.

From the games played so far I haven't really got an idea of what HR wants from central midfield. None of the options we have are like-for-like and they seem to be being put together arbitrarily.
Chris Baird signing this week on 12:06 - Aug 12 with 1518 viewsStanisgod

Spot on, we've got numbers but no permutation that looks solid all across the middle with enough nous to support Austin and AJ. Oh for a Kevin Nolan.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Chris Baird signing this week on 12:11 - Aug 12 with 1489 viewsrsonist

I've been banging on about it for ages that the #1 thing this team needs is a driving threat from CM. Plenty of sitting midfielders but no one to support the strikers and break up the static lines of play. The Jenas of ten years ago would be perfect.
Chris Baird signing this week on 12:15 - Aug 12 with 1464 viewsadhoc_qpr

Chris Baird signing this week on 12:06 - Aug 12 by Stanisgod

Spot on, we've got numbers but no permutation that looks solid all across the middle with enough nous to support Austin and AJ. Oh for a Kevin Nolan.

You've missed out Jenas (although to be fair he is often invisible).

I think between Jenas, Henry, Baird, Faurlin and O'Neill we can put out 2 players to hold the middle of the park, recycle possession and offer cover for the centre backs.

Our main attacking thrust seems to be coming from the wings and fullbacks and with no Kevin Nolan/Lampard type player that seems sensible to be.
Chris Baird signing this week on 12:15 - Aug 12 with 1462 viewssimmo

You forgot Jenas

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Chris Baird signing this week on 12:25 - Aug 12 with 1411 viewsqueensparker

Chris Baird signing this week on 12:15 - Aug 12 by simmo

You forgot Jenas

Ah yes, fair enough. Although to be honest can you blame me?

I still think Barton is guaranteed to leave, which only leaves Faurlin, Jenas, Henry and O'Neill. Would be pleased if we added Baird to that on the proviso that Faurlin is bound to get injured and Henry doesn't look all that.
Chris Baird signing this week on 12:39 - Aug 12 with 1342 viewsDylanP

'arry seems to want to play Faurlin and Barton. And I think that is a strong combination. True, one is an apparent injury risk, and the other is an apparent nutjob risk. But that seems to be his preferred set-up. Granero can probably cover for Fuarlin. And we still have MBia, Jenas, Henry, Diakite and some of the young 'uns in back-up.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Chris Baird signing this week on 13:03 - Aug 12 with 1244 viewsHollowayRanger

we certainly need someone that can play at centreback if required as we only rreally got 3 centrebacks in dunn hill onouha at the monment ,sure mbia might be ok IF he stays

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Chris Baird signing this week on 13:18 - Aug 12 with 1195 viewsBklynRanger

He hasn't played Barton and Faurlin together, and he didn't even put Barton in the middle until the last 15 minutes on Saturday. But I do think he should try it when Ale recovers from his breakfast in bed.

I don't know if Baird would be thought of as the solution at LB. If he's being bought as one of the CB options then he'd do well there I'm sure.
Chris Baird signing this week on 14:45 - Aug 12 with 1060 viewssimmo

Chris Baird signing this week on 12:25 - Aug 12 by queensparker

Ah yes, fair enough. Although to be honest can you blame me?

I still think Barton is guaranteed to leave, which only leaves Faurlin, Jenas, Henry and O'Neill. Would be pleased if we added Baird to that on the proviso that Faurlin is bound to get injured and Henry doesn't look all that.

No I cant blame you, that is how anonymous he is considering he has played in all of our games so far and still get forgotten! Although if that 25 yeard strike had gone in just under the bar on Saturday it would be different :-)

Also I dont think Faurlin is injury prone as people are saying, he had his bad injury and then struggled a bit but mainly due to very poor management. Previous to that he never missed a game and apart from this very slight strain has been pretty reliable. I would like to see Barton stay in the middle of we are going to play him (although in the middle of the road would be my first choice) alongside Faurlin. Both can pick a pass and do the physical side too.

If Barton and Granero go, we could probably do with another CM, although I cant see us being that lucky.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024