Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor 13:08 - Sep 13 with 8230 viewsGloucs_R

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-eye-emmanuel-adebayor-l

Poll: Are we staying up?

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 13:17 - Sep 13 with 4570 viewsN12Hoop

Please Lord NO!
I wouldn't have thought that this is anymore than paper talk, but he certainly doesn't fit into the "right sort" category.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 13:21 - Sep 13 with 4554 viewsHayesender

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2419913/Emmanuel-Adebayor-grea

In the mail as well

Poll: Shamima Beghum

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 13:23 - Sep 13 with 4549 viewsTacticalR

I think we have enough Tottenham players for now.

Air hostess clique

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 13:28 - Sep 13 with 4533 viewsisawqpratwcity

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 13:23 - Sep 13 by TacticalR

Is that a racist thing?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 13:28 - Sep 13 with 4526 viewsingeminate

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 13:23 - Sep 13 by TacticalR

in a heart beat - completely unplayable on his day and by a country mile the best player in the championship - should he sign.

If Harry feels he can manage him without him being a disruptive influence in the dressing room then it is a no-brainer.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 13:39 - Sep 13 with 4471 viewsrobith

he always seems to do really well on loan - it's when you give him a fat deal that he stops caring.

He's pretty unlikeable but he would destroy this division
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 13:40 - Sep 13 with 4466 viewsRblockPrior

as long as he didnt become disrubtive he would be a great signing imo but I would question his desire

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 13:42 - Sep 13 with 4463 viewstoboboly

If he was on loan and we weren't paying a huge amount of wages then of course we should take him.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 13:51 - Sep 13 with 4439 viewsrobith

Also reading between the media spin, the actual story is he hasn't trained because of the death of his brother and AVB is having him train with the youngsters to get his fitness up.

SHUNNED
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 13:55 - Sep 13 with 4424 viewsjohnswiltsqpr

He is unbelievable and unplayable until he gets a deal and then he turns into a lazy careless money grabbing bag so it's a yes on loan from me.
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 13:57 - Sep 13 with 4415 viewsJeff

He's obviously not coming to us, it's just the media using Harry's Name to link us with every Spurs player not playing on a given week, but playing devil's advocate, and pretending that there is a shred of truth in the rumour...

IF Adebayor comes to us to prove a point, to put himself in the shop window, and he's fit, interested, and motivated, and we're not picking up too much of his £100k a week salary, then it's a no brainer. he'll be comfortably the best player in the league.

HOWEVER, if we're just going to bring him in to replace Austin up top, then that is probably no better than the Cesar/Green situation, and it once again sets a pretty poor precedent for any potential player to come to the club.

we are in danger of actually cultivating a team spirit at the club. We would have to sign the 'right' adebayor on the right terms, otherwise it'll cause more harm than good.

...he's not signing though...

Can we not knock it?

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 14:06 - Sep 13 with 4374 viewsRangerJim

Barring any injuries to our strikers - We dont need him.
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 14:08 - Sep 13 with 4371 viewstoboboly

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 14:06 - Sep 13 by RangerJim

Barring any injuries to our strikers - We dont need him.

That would be Austin? The other two are generally injured.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 14:12 - Sep 13 with 4356 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 13:57 - Sep 13 by Jeff

He's obviously not coming to us, it's just the media using Harry's Name to link us with every Spurs player not playing on a given week, but playing devil's advocate, and pretending that there is a shred of truth in the rumour...

IF Adebayor comes to us to prove a point, to put himself in the shop window, and he's fit, interested, and motivated, and we're not picking up too much of his £100k a week salary, then it's a no brainer. he'll be comfortably the best player in the league.

HOWEVER, if we're just going to bring him in to replace Austin up top, then that is probably no better than the Cesar/Green situation, and it once again sets a pretty poor precedent for any potential player to come to the club.

we are in danger of actually cultivating a team spirit at the club. We would have to sign the 'right' adebayor on the right terms, otherwise it'll cause more harm than good.

...he's not signing though...

Good post.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 14:25 - Sep 13 with 4302 viewsJuzzie

He's the sort of player that plays well when a new contract is looming or a move to another club. Then goes completely off the boil.

We've got to start recognising these sorts of players and stay well clear of them. If the general public can see this, how comes Clubs can't seem to??
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 14:33 - Sep 13 with 4281 viewssimmo

The ultimate mercenary. If he actually possessed work ethic and commitment he would be a superb striker, strong in the air, good feet, fast. Problem is he plays well enough to earn himself a fat contract then just rests on his laurels, done it everywhere he has been.

When he has a point to prove or money to make he is unplayable, for the other 3 and a half years he is like Bobby Zamora. No interest in signing him, on loan or permanently.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 14:40 - Sep 13 with 4256 viewsTacticalR

Is his salary £100,000?

A year ago it was £175,000, and he had two years to run on his contract. This article says that even after Spurs bought him City were still subsidising his pay:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19334854

Air hostess clique

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 14:52 - Sep 13 with 4205 viewsimustbemad

It wouldnt surprise me if Man city were paying him 100K and Spurs 75K per week. Mad.
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 15:14 - Sep 13 with 4146 viewsexiled_dictator

Fact is, when he left Arsenal, he managed to squeeze Man City for £175k a week, as he was a trophy high visibility signing.
And when City had enough of him and wanted rid of him, Spurs were the only real suitors for him, but were not prepared to break their wage structure for him. So the agreement is that Spurs pay him £100k a week, and Man City will subsidise £75k a week for the duration of the contract. This was the only way that City could get rid of him, and they look at it as saving £100k a week.
I have never really rated him as being a top, top player, but although he has shown the odd ability, it is not frequent enough and he simply doesn't score enough goals to be a top striker in any league.
I would be seriously concerned if Harry was considering actually buying him for us. A loan deal would be different, as long as we don't pay him any more than £25k a week, otherwise Tony is having his trousers pulled down again, and being fingered.
Personally, if I never see him in QPR hoops, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it; I would only be concerned if he was on loan with us as it means he is replacing a permanent member of team, and he is just not as good as he thinks he is.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 15:31 - Sep 13 with 4113 viewsTacticalR

César is beginning to look pretty cheap!

Air hostess clique

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 16:06 - Sep 13 with 4043 viewsadhoc_qpr

He's a strange one for sure - he's always called a mercenary but he sends about a third of his wages back to Togo to various charities!

A short term loan until Xmas where Spurs pay the majority of his wages would be fine though!
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 16:15 - Sep 13 with 4021 viewsJuzzie

I don't mind where he sends his money to as long as he's earned it, which he hasn't.

All games (jnc Internationals) he's scored 160 goals in 447 games, that's 1 goal every 3 games. Probably not bad but when you consider Messi has scored a goal every 1.2 games and Ronaldo every 1.6 games then Adebayor isn't earning his wage.

[Post edited 13 Sep 2013 16:22]
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 16:49 - Sep 13 with 3956 viewsJonDoeman

In all likelihood we're going to be treated to the sight of Bob lumbering around tomorrow, and people are saying no to this? Would be a great loan signing, he'd be far too good for championship defenders!
Timely reminder for Charlie its time to start to scoring anyway.....

It Is What It Is !!

QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 16:54 - Sep 13 with 3945 viewsBklynRanger

I just watched the question being out to HR in the press conference.

Impossible to tell of course if he knew about it and already had an interest but it was almost as if something dawned on him when he said he couldn't be loaned in the Premier League and so would have to come to the Championship.

Could imagine him afterwards saying "He's not going to Watford, for sure, difficult difficult, good player, difficult, Gareth Bale".

So I do think he'll try to get him, if only out of the fear of how much he might, potentially, help a close rival.
QPR eye Emmanuel Adebayor on 16:56 - Sep 13 with 3944 viewsAlbRanger

Anyone else reckon he's only any use when playing to earn a contract and, when he's got it, he goes right off the boil?

Just a hunch
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024