Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury sign Beckford 18:11 - May 12 with 32645 views442Dale

Absolutely ridiculous. Any proper Bury fan should be embarrassed.

Yeah, obsessed.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bury sign Beckford on 14:12 - May 16 with 3436 viewsTVOS1907

Bury sign Beckford on 10:49 - May 16 by burymeinexile

Trust me, I feel that frustration you're describing.

I bet you're popular on the bury board.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bury sign Beckford on 14:17 - May 16 with 3411 viewsBarryStrange

Bury sign Beckford on 14:11 - May 16 by Knowlesy

3 year deal, Jesus. They know he's 31, right? He's a decent player at this level but he'll be on good money and 3 years is a long time at this level at that age....

Can't argue with a word of that.

Considering the amount of toss that Clark was landed with, and the likes of Kay and Danns who are on 2-year deals, I cannot fathom why we are giving out such long contracts.

Surely if we have learned anything from the painful Hallam Hope experience it is that 3 year deals can bite you and do so early. Even allowing for the fact that Dawson is of course ace.
Bury sign Beckford on 14:21 - May 16 with 3389 viewsTVOS1907

Bury sign Beckford on 14:17 - May 16 by BarryStrange

Can't argue with a word of that.

Considering the amount of toss that Clark was landed with, and the likes of Kay and Danns who are on 2-year deals, I cannot fathom why we are giving out such long contracts.

Surely if we have learned anything from the painful Hallam Hope experience it is that 3 year deals can bite you and do so early. Even allowing for the fact that Dawson is of course ace.

Ball park figure, Barry, how much would you think Dawson, Beckford and Edwards are earning per week?

Bury sign Beckford on 14:23 - May 16 with 3368 viewsisitme

Beckford was on 14k a week a PNE. I suspect Bury will be paying at least 7k a week for him to have signed so early.
Bury sign Beckford on 14:29 - May 16 with 3317 viewsShun

I love Dawson, he's a great player, but even I'd be disappointed if we gave a 31-year-old a 3 year contract, regardless of the kind of money he'll be on.
Bury sign Beckford on 14:53 - May 16 with 3185 viewsscarrow

Another line on bury bingo within the interview.

Poll: Final position

Bury sign Beckford on 15:18 - May 16 with 3111 viewsBarryStrange

Bury sign Beckford on 14:21 - May 16 by TVOS1907

Ball park figure, Barry, how much would you think Dawson, Beckford and Edwards are earning per week?

Honestly no idea - bearing in mind he is not coming from a big club and didn't fit into their plans anyway Edwards won't have been that expensive but I can easily believe that the other two are eating up all of the bigger wages freed up by the retained list combined.

We will have undercut Wigan by offering the longer contract and at least we know Dawson is fit enough now, since he ran through the middle of our defence to score a couple of months back, which was never a given with Flitcroft signings.

My conclusion on how we afford this is that we can't. And we still need a centre half from somewhere.
Bury sign Beckford on 15:37 - May 16 with 3036 viewsTVOS1907

Bury sign Beckford on 15:18 - May 16 by BarryStrange

Honestly no idea - bearing in mind he is not coming from a big club and didn't fit into their plans anyway Edwards won't have been that expensive but I can easily believe that the other two are eating up all of the bigger wages freed up by the retained list combined.

We will have undercut Wigan by offering the longer contract and at least we know Dawson is fit enough now, since he ran through the middle of our defence to score a couple of months back, which was never a given with Flitcroft signings.

My conclusion on how we afford this is that we can't. And we still need a centre half from somewhere.

Edwards came from a Championship club and Dawson left Dale for Scunthorpe two years ago for more money, so your 'won't have been that expensive' might be higher than you think.

Login to get fewer ads

Bury sign Beckford on 15:52 - May 16 with 2978 viewsaleanddale

Bury sign Beckford on 13:42 - May 16 by burymeinexile

Have you hacked into my blog? My very next post has the phrase 'rolling the dice' in the title!

Ha ha

Post a link on here when it's ready.

Can't look at beardyman for all the slobbering worship!!

#milkybars
Bury sign Beckford on 18:36 - May 16 with 2732 viewsAtThePeake

Bury already fallen from 50/1 to 33/1 to win the league with Sky Bet: https://www.skybet.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/event/20567445

If they keep making these strong signings, that's only gonna keep dropping. I got a couple of quid on when they were still 50s.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 18:36]

Tangled up in blue.

Bury sign Beckford on 19:41 - May 16 with 2586 viewsboromat

Pretty sure when Dawson left for Scunny 5k a week was mentioned.

3 years is a huge gamble taking into account both his age and recent injury troubles. If the rumours were true about the other clubs interested in Dawson I should imagine the 3 years was the deciding factor.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Bury sign Beckford on 20:27 - May 16 with 2481 viewsrobshaker

Bury sign Beckford on 18:36 - May 16 by AtThePeake

Bury already fallen from 50/1 to 33/1 to win the league with Sky Bet: https://www.skybet.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/event/20567445

If they keep making these strong signings, that's only gonna keep dropping. I got a couple of quid on when they were still 50s.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 18:36]

you bet on Bury when they were still 50's???
Bury sign Beckford on 20:45 - May 16 with 2412 viewsAtThePeake

Bury sign Beckford on 20:27 - May 16 by robshaker

you bet on Bury when they were still 50's???

Worth a quid or two at 50/1 earlier today I thought. Heard that the Dawson move was happening so thought it was only going to fall as it already has. Keep making signings like these and it's only going to fall further.

Tangled up in blue.

Bury sign Beckford on 20:54 - May 16 with 2386 viewsrichfoad32

I'm not sure why people keep making a big deal of Dawson being 31, it's nothing in football terms these days. It's not the 1970's any more, players are playing well into their mid to late 30's at a high level with the increased awareness of sports science and better medical care. Where Bury are getting the money from is another matter but a 3 year deal at Dawson's 'age' hardly represents a massive gamble and I'd be willing to bet he'll still be a productive player at the end of it.
Bury sign Beckford on 21:09 - May 16 with 2313 viewsrobshaker

Bury sign Beckford on 20:45 - May 16 by AtThePeake

Worth a quid or two at 50/1 earlier today I thought. Heard that the Dawson move was happening so thought it was only going to fall as it already has. Keep making signings like these and it's only going to fall further.

we're goin bust on here every week tho?
Bury sign Beckford on 21:10 - May 16 with 2308 viewsTVOS1907

Bury sign Beckford on 21:09 - May 16 by robshaker

we're goin bust on here every week tho?

He'll get his money back then.

Bury sign Beckford on 21:21 - May 16 with 2281 viewsrobshaker

Bury sign Beckford on 21:10 - May 16 by TVOS1907

He'll get his money back then.

he will no doubt.

uppermill last week tvos wernt bad.
Bury sign Beckford on 21:23 - May 16 with 2278 viewsTVOS1907

Bury sign Beckford on 21:21 - May 16 by robshaker

he will no doubt.

uppermill last week tvos wernt bad.

You're getting about, as it were.

Bury sign Beckford on 21:32 - May 16 with 2248 viewsDaleiLama

Bury sign Beckford on 21:23 - May 16 by TVOS1907

You're getting about, as it were.

Another goer ........ it's spreading ...........

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bury sign Beckford on 22:05 - May 16 with 2133 viewsrobshaker

seems strange tho how you would bet on your hated rivals about to go bust any day having just survived relegation by a point to win the fookin league next year!
Bury sign Beckford on 22:18 - May 16 with 2083 viewsrobshaker

or maybe at the peake's not one of the haters..

"this famous old club"
Bury sign Beckford on 22:50 - May 16 with 1999 viewsDanny1907

Bury do seem to get a lot of stick but the fact is, they're not going to go bust, according to most people on here they were going to be AFC Bury 3 or 4 seasons ago. I know I'm going to get stick for this but they'll get it right and they'll be playing championship football soon - I would imagine they'll go up next year and this is coming from a die hard Dale fan before I'm accused of being a troll.

I'd kill for a Vaughan or Dawson here, they're quality players, especially at this level. Yes they're most likely offering staggering contracts but they'll go up and then who'll have the last laugh because they won't be going bust.
Bury sign Beckford on 22:59 - May 16 with 1984 viewsboromat

Bury sign Beckford on 20:54 - May 16 by richfoad32

I'm not sure why people keep making a big deal of Dawson being 31, it's nothing in football terms these days. It's not the 1970's any more, players are playing well into their mid to late 30's at a high level with the increased awareness of sports science and better medical care. Where Bury are getting the money from is another matter but a 3 year deal at Dawson's 'age' hardly represents a massive gamble and I'd be willing to bet he'll still be a productive player at the end of it.

I'd say in Dawson's case age is a concern he's a physical high energy player that has had plenty of injuries.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Bury sign Beckford on 23:04 - May 16 with 1973 viewsTVOS1907

Bury sign Beckford on 22:50 - May 16 by Danny1907

Bury do seem to get a lot of stick but the fact is, they're not going to go bust, according to most people on here they were going to be AFC Bury 3 or 4 seasons ago. I know I'm going to get stick for this but they'll get it right and they'll be playing championship football soon - I would imagine they'll go up next year and this is coming from a die hard Dale fan before I'm accused of being a troll.

I'd kill for a Vaughan or Dawson here, they're quality players, especially at this level. Yes they're most likely offering staggering contracts but they'll go up and then who'll have the last laugh because they won't be going bust.

How is it a fact?

Bury sign Beckford on 23:06 - May 16 with 1969 viewscon_dale

Bury sign Beckford on 15:18 - May 16 by BarryStrange

John Terry is available, I'm sure your chur will find the money somehow
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024