Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury sign Beckford 18:11 - May 12 with 31964 views442Dale

Absolutely ridiculous. Any proper Bury fan should be embarrassed.

Yeah, obsessed.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bury sign Beckford on 21:55 - May 12 with 3608 viewskel

Bury sign Beckford on 21:25 - May 12 by PDIDDY

I'm off this page now, it's gonna be the same after our next 4/5 imminent signings, see you in a few weeks.... Might pop back before though 😜

Don't go without telling complete strangers where you're going on holiday will you? It's like you're the only person I've ever encountered who's been abroad.
Bury sign Beckford on 22:08 - May 12 with 3557 viewsnordenblue

Bury sign Beckford on 21:28 - May 12 by Brierls

Might?

It's more certain than day turning into night.......
obsessed
Bury sign Beckford on 22:10 - May 12 with 3547 viewsShun

What a joke of a club.
Bury sign Beckford on 23:21 - May 12 with 3419 viewsTrueDaleBlue

Bury sign Beckford on 21:11 - May 12 by macro

Yes it does and your statement is completely wrong especially regarding wanting Beckford. You’ll be in a very small minority wanting him. Bury are the gift that keep on giving so i suggest you don’t read bury threads in the future if it upsets you so much.

The threads about bury don't upset me in the slightest, I couldn't care less if they do go bust, but how long have you been saying it. I for one think having bury around is good for us, especially for a financial point of view, I'd rather be playing bury than say Exeter or Swindon. Jermaine Beckford is a good signing on paper, but football matches aren't played on paper, and he may turn out to be a complete waste of money.
You were the one who resorted to playground name calling because of a difference of opinion, which says more about you than me.
Bury sign Beckford on 00:29 - May 13 with 3339 viewsHopwoodblue

Bury sign Beckford on 20:21 - May 12 by nordenblue

Makes sense,he left us for Scunthorpe due to a ridiculous wage increase,another one on the "expenses only list" no doubt....

Have we suffered ?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Bury sign Beckford on 00:59 - May 13 with 3307 viewsD_Alien

Bury sign Beckford on 20:44 - May 12 by SaxonDale

Regardless of where the money is I'd find Bury's transfer policy so frustrating if I was a fan. It seems every transfer has to be a 'name' or they're not worth signing. Beckford's 33 and I'd be amazed if he scored 20+ goals this League 1 season but he'll still be on a relatively big wage. There's very little chance of him going to another club for any money in the future and for a club of ours or Bury's size that should always be a consideration when spending big wages on a player. Then again the same could be said for so many of their previous signings under Day and probably so many more in the future (ie Dawson.) I don't pretend to know where this money is coming from down at Gigg Lane or how sustainable it is however what would really frustrate me as a Bury fan is how much money has the club wasted so far on transfers like this? I don't mean to be smug but can you imagine if we had spent the money that Bury had in the last few years? I'd wager that Hilly would probably have a Championship team and recouped most of his outlay. Why sign Beckford when players like Done are younger and available. Bury's youth system has seemingly improved dramatically over the past few seasons and whoever is responsible for that deserves huge credit, but it's ridiculous that the money coming from youth players is helping fund signings who you could argue are at the club for a last big pay day.

It's the basic difference between fielding eleven players or putting a team on the pitch

When push comes to shove, not one of the bury squad that starts next season will give a shit about the club

The majority of players who start for Dale will either have come through the ranks or have been given a chance to make good on their early potential. That's why we were pushing for the playoffs, and bury were on their arse

My instinct tells me it'll be the same again, Beckford, Dawson or not

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bury sign Beckford on 02:05 - May 13 with 3276 viewsDaley_Lama

Year 4 of the plan. Throw good money after bad.

As with our team, the problem for bury is not up front, but this is a marquee signing for them.

Equally, there is only one way Beckford's career is heading, irrespective of what happens next season. There are good shakers out there and one of them immediately questioned where this would leave George Miller, one of the very good young talents they haven't sold on (behind Vaughn, Pope and Beckford)

Poll: DF in or out

Bury sign Beckford on 05:28 - May 13 with 3241 viewsDalefc

Bury sign Beckford on 00:59 - May 13 by D_Alien

It's the basic difference between fielding eleven players or putting a team on the pitch

When push comes to shove, not one of the bury squad that starts next season will give a shit about the club

The majority of players who start for Dale will either have come through the ranks or have been given a chance to make good on their early potential. That's why we were pushing for the playoffs, and bury were on their arse

My instinct tells me it'll be the same again, Beckford, Dawson or not

It's silly IMO to suggest that the players at Dale are any more committed than those at Bury They will want to leave at the first opportunity when money is shown to them. See Lund and NML The reason why Bury struggled last season was because Flitcroft didn't recruit the right balance of squad and stupidly signed players with injury records. Time will tell if Clark recruits well enough to make the squad any better.

No mention on here that Beckford is probably replacing Pope who (as reported on here) is a big earner. I know which of the 2 i would prefer in my squad if (as reported on here) the salaries are similar.

As P Diddy has pointed out time and time again, there are a lot of bitter blues on here. There is no need for it when as it is acknowledged, Dale are doing so well. It would be nice to see what signings Dale are interested in rather than obsessing with Bury's.
[Post edited 13 May 2017 5:32]
Login to get fewer ads

Bury sign Beckford on 06:42 - May 13 with 3203 viewsSandyman

Bury sign Beckford on 05:28 - May 13 by Dalefc

It's silly IMO to suggest that the players at Dale are any more committed than those at Bury They will want to leave at the first opportunity when money is shown to them. See Lund and NML The reason why Bury struggled last season was because Flitcroft didn't recruit the right balance of squad and stupidly signed players with injury records. Time will tell if Clark recruits well enough to make the squad any better.

No mention on here that Beckford is probably replacing Pope who (as reported on here) is a big earner. I know which of the 2 i would prefer in my squad if (as reported on here) the salaries are similar.

As P Diddy has pointed out time and time again, there are a lot of bitter blues on here. There is no need for it when as it is acknowledged, Dale are doing so well. It would be nice to see what signings Dale are interested in rather than obsessing with Bury's.

Worst troll ever....

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/members/Dalefc/posts/
Bury sign Beckford on 06:55 - May 13 with 3202 viewsDalefc

Bury sign Beckford on 06:42 - May 13 by Sandyman

Worst troll ever....

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/members/Dalefc/posts/

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/156010/page:1

69 pages on Bury plus other endless BFC topics. Not one thread about you lot on Bury's message board. You are all secret shakers.

The only reason we come on here is to have a chuckle at your obsession. There's nothing wrong with that in the same way a fair few of you are signed up on the shakers site. It's only a game as Diddy points out.

Anyway, enjoy your summer and all the best for next season.
[Post edited 13 May 2017 7:10]
Bury sign Beckford on 07:14 - May 13 with 3184 viewsD_Alien

Bury sign Beckford on 05:28 - May 13 by Dalefc

The "silly" reason why we're consistently finishing above bury in the pecking order these days is precisely why it's happening, and why you lot just don't seem to get it

You can't buy commitment. Players such as Lund & NML have put in performances because we've given them the chance and the framework to do so, and like Matty Done, Scott Hogan, Craig Dawson, Adam Le Fondre and Will Buckley - to name but a few - their commitment allowed their talent to flourish, enhancing their careers whilst bringing Dale up the tables and earning us serious dosh whilst you splash silly wages on has-beens

Are you still here, btw? Do one

[Post edited 13 May 2017 7:35]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bury sign Beckford on 07:19 - May 13 with 3163 viewsSandyman

Bury sign Beckford on 06:55 - May 13 by Dalefc

69 pages on Bury plus other endless BFC topics. Not one thread about you lot on Bury's message board. You are all secret shakers.

The only reason we come on here is to have a chuckle at your obsession. There's nothing wrong with that in the same way a fair few of you are signed up on the shakers site. It's only a game as Diddy points out.

Morning PDIDDY
Bury sign Beckford on 07:27 - May 13 with 3156 viewsDalefc

Bury sign Beckford on 07:19 - May 13 by Sandyman

Morning PDIDDY

Pops not Diddy.
Bury sign Beckford on 07:28 - May 13 with 3151 viewsColDale

Bury sign Beckford on 07:14 - May 13 by D_Alien

The "silly" reason why we're consistently finishing above bury in the pecking order these days is precisely why it's happening, and why you lot just don't seem to get it

You can't buy commitment. Players such as Lund & NML have put in performances because we've given them the chance and the framework to do so, and like Matty Done, Scott Hogan, Craig Dawson, Adam Le Fondre and Will Buckley - to name but a few - their commitment allowed their talent to flourish, enhancing their careers whilst bringing Dale up the tables and earning us serious dosh whilst you splash silly wages on has-beens

Are you still here, btw? Do one

[Post edited 13 May 2017 7:35]

It would be frightening had someone come into our club four years ago offering blank cheques left right and centre, and still we couldn't finish above our nearest and dearest. I think it's fair enough to say now that all the loans are just a "clever" way of funding the club rather than them actually being run on the tick but by the start of the new season, the "investment" must be getting close to ten million and still they've yet to come close to us in the Stewie era. Obsessed? Find one post boasting about finishing above Bury - it's just considered standard.

Think Beckford is a good signing for them despite the question marks. There's certainly an argument that Bury have found a decent strategy. Sign Clarke, and sell
Him for Vaughan. Sell Vaughan and sign beckford? maybe but if not, Pope, Vaughan and Beckford will be without doubt earning more than our entire squad. Our entire squad.

It also calls to question the worth of Hilly. Whatever he's being paid, it's an absolute bargain given the millions people are spending to try and compete with us. And failing miserably.
Bury sign Beckford on 07:59 - May 13 with 3091 views442Dale

If we were "secret shakers" we'd not put up with our football club being run in such a manner or take any enjoyment from watching our team gain results when they've been put together in such a farcical, repetitive, self-promoting manner.

That's the difference. The similarity? It's pretty certain that most proper football supporters realise that it's all sorts of wrong to celebrate any "success" in such circumstances. It's just that it becomes a question of an individual's moral fortitude whether they manage to admit they're not actually enjoying such a situation.

Bury sign Beckford on 08:49 - May 13 with 3015 viewsdavidab2202

Bury sign Beckford on 07:59 - May 13 by 442Dale

If we were "secret shakers" we'd not put up with our football club being run in such a manner or take any enjoyment from watching our team gain results when they've been put together in such a farcical, repetitive, self-promoting manner.

That's the difference. The similarity? It's pretty certain that most proper football supporters realise that it's all sorts of wrong to celebrate any "success" in such circumstances. It's just that it becomes a question of an individual's moral fortitude whether they manage to admit they're not actually enjoying such a situation.

Whilst very pleased as a Dale fan of more years than I care to remember that our club is run the way it is in comparison to the apparent way our near neighbours choose to run their club , I do feel that should their way bring them comparitive success the majority of their fans really won't be stood there thinking this is all wrong.

We can wonder as to the financial wisdom,what Bury and Mr Day are supposedly doing is on a much smaller scale admittedly no different to what the major clubs in the Premiership are doing and I'm sure that there are few Chelsea,City or United fans are too concerned about were their club's money is coming from.

What would concern me would be if I was a fan of a local big club that they choose to pay an agent millions of pounds to persuade a player that it is a good idea to sign for my club.

Lets be fair most players would, given the necessary talent,walk through a brick wall to play for one of the "big" clubs and earn the sort of money they would without the need to pay those sort of figures being banded about at the moment to an intermediary.I know that it is for many players all about the money or some of the players who have gone to play in China whilst still with their best years in front of them would even look at going out there.
Bury sign Beckford on 08:55 - May 13 with 3001 viewsYouTubeDale

Beckford's a fighter, I will give him that...

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Bury sign Beckford on 08:57 - May 13 with 2999 views442Dale

Bury sign Beckford on 08:49 - May 13 by davidab2202

Whilst very pleased as a Dale fan of more years than I care to remember that our club is run the way it is in comparison to the apparent way our near neighbours choose to run their club , I do feel that should their way bring them comparitive success the majority of their fans really won't be stood there thinking this is all wrong.

We can wonder as to the financial wisdom,what Bury and Mr Day are supposedly doing is on a much smaller scale admittedly no different to what the major clubs in the Premiership are doing and I'm sure that there are few Chelsea,City or United fans are too concerned about were their club's money is coming from.

What would concern me would be if I was a fan of a local big club that they choose to pay an agent millions of pounds to persuade a player that it is a good idea to sign for my club.

Lets be fair most players would, given the necessary talent,walk through a brick wall to play for one of the "big" clubs and earn the sort of money they would without the need to pay those sort of figures being banded about at the moment to an intermediary.I know that it is for many players all about the money or some of the players who have gone to play in China whilst still with their best years in front of them would even look at going out there.

It's not just a case of where any finances are coming from, it's the other things too. See the BL9 saga for one such example of how others who shouldn't be affected, are.

The thing is, the most annoying thing for them is that they'll realise all this and it niggles away. Really gets to them but they can't bring themselves to admit it.

Bury sign Beckford on 09:57 - May 13 with 2884 viewsBartRowou

The more this short-sighted nonsense continues, the more respect I have for our friends at Boundary Park. At least over there, the fans ask the right questions about late ticket payments, winding up orders and finances in general.

Bury fans are more than happy to reminisce about the late 90s but where was the money coming from to fund them then?

The link below is written by David Conn after they were kicked out of the FA Cup. Some statements stick out like a sore thumb:

"Since then, a new prudence has prevailed, informed by a determination that Bury will never face extinction again."

"That money will go straight to buying the ground outright, making us virtually debt-free,"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/jan/10/bury

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Bury sign Beckford on 10:16 - May 13 with 2853 viewsDaley_Lama

Ultimate irony: A bury fan registered on the Rochdale site with the username Dalefc saying....you are all secret shakers.😊

Have a nice summer too, Pops.

Poll: DF in or out

Bury sign Beckford on 10:42 - May 13 with 2795 viewskel

That reminds me, my window cleaning bill is overdue.
Bury sign Beckford on 11:10 - May 13 with 2745 viewsSandyman

Bury sign Beckford on 07:27 - May 13 by Dalefc

Pops not Diddy.

I was waving at PDIDDY, not you Pops. Hence the sentence "Morning PDIDDY".

He's bound to be looking in
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:16 - May 13 with 2740 viewsfitzochris

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bury sign Beckford on 17:44 - May 13 with 2415 views49thseason

In the last 2 seasons, Beckford has played a total of 29 games, scored 3, 3 yellows, 2 reds.
He is more likely to be booked or sent off than score!
Bury sign Beckford on 18:11 - May 13 with 2357 views1mark1

Bury sign Beckford on 17:44 - May 13 by 49thseason

In the last 2 seasons, Beckford has played a total of 29 games, scored 3, 3 yellows, 2 reds.
He is more likely to be booked or sent off than score!

Let's hope that form continues or even gets worse.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024