Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest Green Rovers 16:56 - May 14 with 3802 viewsDaley_Lama

Welcome to the FL!

Poll: DF in or out

Forest Green Rovers on 17:24 - May 14 with 3751 viewsKenBoon

£££££££££££££££
Forest Green Rovers on 17:37 - May 14 with 3714 viewsShun

Complete with wooden stadium and vegan refreshments.
Forest Green Rovers on 17:50 - May 14 with 3696 viewsSuddenLad

FGR were well worth their victory today. Some super goals, worthy of the occasion. Apart from the managers' son, Charlie Cooper, who was a cheating, bleating farquhar, they played very well and Tranmere struggled.

Now they represent the smallest town in England to have a FL team, with a population of only 6,000.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Forest Green Rovers on 18:00 - May 14 with 3667 views1mark1

Forest Green Rovers on 17:37 - May 14 by Shun

Complete with wooden stadium and vegan refreshments.

Not vegan myself, but personally I think it's brilliant that they offer vegan food. In my opinion there should be as a wide as possible variety of refreshments available to cater for those that follow non meat, dairy etc diets, as well as meat diets.
[Post edited 14 May 2017 19:44]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Forest Green Rovers on 18:15 - May 14 with 3625 viewsBrierls

Forest Green Rovers on 18:00 - May 14 by 1mark1

Not vegan myself, but personally I think it's brilliant that they offer vegan food. In my opinion there should be as a wide as possible variety of refreshments available to cater for those that follow non meat, dairy etc diets, as well as meat diets.

They offer nothing but vegan food, so there is no variety of refreshments.
Forest Green Rovers on 18:38 - May 14 with 3552 viewsShun

I like it, and I like that the Chairman has this eco-friendly vision for his football club, but like Brierls said, the club offers nothing but vegan food. And that's to home fans, away fans, staff and players. Forcing veganism on to people, even if it's only for a couple of hours a fortnight, is what I don't like.
Forest Green Rovers on 18:52 - May 14 with 3508 viewsisitme

I believe Islington FC offer a good selection of quinoa and falafel based dishes!
Forest Green Rovers on 19:42 - May 14 with 3400 views1mark1

Forest Green Rovers on 18:38 - May 14 by Shun

I like it, and I like that the Chairman has this eco-friendly vision for his football club, but like Brierls said, the club offers nothing but vegan food. And that's to home fans, away fans, staff and players. Forcing veganism on to people, even if it's only for a couple of hours a fortnight, is what I don't like.

I agree with that. Offering vegan food should not be at the expense of offering food suitable for ordinary vegetarians and meat eaters.

Login to get fewer ads

Forest Green Rovers on 19:42 - May 14 with 3398 views1mark1

Forest Green Rovers on 18:52 - May 14 by isitme

I believe Islington FC offer a good selection of quinoa and falafel based dishes!

Do they offer meat dishes too?

Forest Green Rovers on 19:43 - May 14 with 3397 views1mark1

Forest Green Rovers on 18:15 - May 14 by Brierls

They offer nothing but vegan food, so there is no variety of refreshments.

That's not good, should offer a choice.

Forest Green Rovers on 20:07 - May 14 with 3339 viewsD_Alien

Forest Green Rovers on 18:52 - May 14 by isitme

Quinoa? Kinell!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Forest Green Rovers on 21:22 - May 14 with 3216 viewsKenBoon

Forest Green spent £174,613 on agents fees between 2nd Feb 2016 and 31st January 2017
http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/rules-and-regulations/2016-17/al

It's a fairy tale.
Forest Green Rovers on 21:54 - May 14 with 3109 viewsisitme

Forest Green Rovers on 19:42 - May 14 by 1mark1

Do they offer meat dishes too?

Halal.
Forest Green Rovers on 01:11 - May 15 with 2944 viewsDiddyDave

Take yer own bacon butties then.
Forest Green Rovers on 02:13 - May 15 with 2923 viewsdownunder

Can you take in fish and chips?
Forest Green Rovers on 05:05 - May 15 with 2902 viewsrichfoad32

Forest Green Rovers on 18:38 - May 14 by Shun

It's not being forced on the fans. You don't like the food on offer, don't go. If Forest Green's gates suffer because of their refreshments then that's their problem. I'm vegetarian and at most grounds at our level if I want to eat my choices usually consist of a cheese and onion pie or a mars bar. I usually eat before the game to make sure I don't starve for a couple of hours.
Forest Green Rovers on 08:20 - May 15 with 2753 viewsMoonyDale

Forest Green Rovers on 20:07 - May 14 by D_Alien

Quinoa? Kinell!

Quinoa Kinell, is that the new lad just signed for Bury?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Forest Green Rovers on 08:45 - May 15 with 2714 viewsnordenblue

Forest Green Rovers on 05:05 - May 15 by richfoad32

It's not being forced on the fans. You don't like the food on offer, don't go. If Forest Green's gates suffer because of their refreshments then that's their problem. I'm vegetarian and at most grounds at our level if I want to eat my choices usually consist of a cheese and onion pie or a mars bar. I usually eat before the game to make sure I don't starve for a couple of hours.

You won't starve having not eaten for 90 minutes either way surely?
Forest Green Rovers on 09:17 - May 15 with 2669 viewsDaleiLama

Forest Green Rovers on 08:45 - May 15 by nordenblue

You won't starve having not eaten for 90 minutes either way surely?

Chuckle. Like the folk who carry water around everywhere with them? It's also possible to go at least an hour without consuming liquids too! (except beer)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Forest Green Rovers on 10:26 - May 15 with 2591 views1949er

Dont tell Conrad

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Forest Green Rovers on 11:29 - May 15 with 2525 viewsD_Alien

Forest Green Rovers on 08:20 - May 15 by MoonyDale

Quinoa Kinell, is that the new lad just signed for Bury?

It would make a superb name for a pretentious footballer!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Forest Green Rovers on 13:05 - May 15 with 2381 viewsD_Dale

1.00 pm News on Radio 4 will include a report on FGR's promotion and an interview with the chairman.

I'm more interested in the fourth team promoted into L1. After the first round of the playoffs, a southern club looks more likely. Exeter v. Luton at Wembley?
Forest Green Rovers on 13:12 - May 15 with 2367 viewsTVOS1907

Forest Green Rovers on 13:05 - May 15 by D_Dale

1.00 pm News on Radio 4 will include a report on FGR's promotion and an interview with the chairman.

I'm more interested in the fourth team promoted into L1. After the first round of the playoffs, a southern club looks more likely. Exeter v. Luton at Wembley?

Carlisle won at Exeter last week, so they aren't out of it yet based on their performance in that game.

Blackpool also have the advantage going to Luton, especially as away goals don't count double.

Hopefully it will be anyone but Luton.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Forest Green Rovers on 14:02 - May 15 with 2304 viewsBarryStrange

As someone who gave up eating meat in 1996 I couldn't agree more. Pubs, restaurants, chippies all cater to a variety of diets I don't see why football clubs can't get beyond the notion of food = meat pie or burger.

Will add the disclaimer now if you're particularly good at this at Dale well done, no idea as I have only bothered going to Spotland once since 2010 (I live in London) and didn't eat anything. At Gigg Lane, however, we are basically backwards. And most away grounds I go to are the same.

And whilst I generally agree with the response from another poster that the meat eating majority should be catered for, I don't see what the problem is with them offering only vegan food in one ground.

If you need to eat meat, get something before you get in the ground. It's what those of us who don't eat meat have to do most other places (at Gigg, for instance, there is nothing other than crisps or chocolate if you're vegetarian, and presumably only the crisps if you're vegan). Good on them for trying something different.
Forest Green Rovers on 14:10 - May 15 with 2297 viewsAtThePeake

Forest Green Rovers on 14:02 - May 15 by BarryStrange

As someone who gave up eating meat in 1996 I couldn't agree more. Pubs, restaurants, chippies all cater to a variety of diets I don't see why football clubs can't get beyond the notion of food = meat pie or burger.

Will add the disclaimer now if you're particularly good at this at Dale well done, no idea as I have only bothered going to Spotland once since 2010 (I live in London) and didn't eat anything. At Gigg Lane, however, we are basically backwards. And most away grounds I go to are the same.

And whilst I generally agree with the response from another poster that the meat eating majority should be catered for, I don't see what the problem is with them offering only vegan food in one ground.

If you need to eat meat, get something before you get in the ground. It's what those of us who don't eat meat have to do most other places (at Gigg, for instance, there is nothing other than crisps or chocolate if you're vegetarian, and presumably only the crisps if you're vegan). Good on them for trying something different.

I think the difference is pubs, restaurants and chippies are all geared towards selling food, whereas food stalls at the football are just an add-on to the general customer if that makes sense?

I think everyone would agree though that both options should be catered for.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024