Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Clark FIRED. Bucketti HIRED. bury PROMOTION PUSH back on track. 21:17 - Oct 29 with 33988 viewsRAFCBLUE

Now, I'm not keen on bury but I have got to say I've some sympathy for Lee Clark.

He comes in after Chairman Day fires Flitcroft and then goes on a recruitment spree of what I'll define as journeymen professionals supplemented by a gaming of the loan system.

Now Clark has his faults but seems to have copped for Chairman Day arranging signings that he would not have wanted.

I personally hope he wins at Woking next week and stays for a few more league games; the financial papering over the cracks is a timebomb that will explode eventually.

He has a massive constructive dismissal claim coming if Day does decide to pull the trigger.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 10:58]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 09:39 - Nov 1 with 4079 viewsBFC1885

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 22:46 - Oct 30 by Toffeemanc

Absolutely gutted about this.

I really really really wanted them to keep hold of him until Christmas in the hope he would already have them with one foot in league two before he was sacked. To be fair he has given it a good go and hopefully his successor will complete the job and get them relegated in time to open the new stadium in league two.

Maybe Day should just appoint himself manager and save a wage as it seems he is playing his own game of football manager anyway.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2017 22:47]

Hope you are right and we ' get relegated in time to open the new stadium in league two. ' because that would give us a long, long time with no relegation worries.

The new stadium is a pipedream.
Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 11:32 - Nov 1 with 3979 viewsonedalefan

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 09:39 - Nov 1 by BFC1885

Hope you are right and we ' get relegated in time to open the new stadium in league two. ' because that would give us a long, long time with no relegation worries.

The new stadium is a pipedream.

You can still get relegated from league 2 in case you hadn't realised, ask Stockport. Maybe that's a new idea of Day's, clubs with a great history can't go down!
Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 12:03 - Nov 1 with 3938 viewsBFC1885

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 11:32 - Nov 1 by onedalefan

You can still get relegated from league 2 in case you hadn't realised, ask Stockport. Maybe that's a new idea of Day's, clubs with a great history can't go down!

???
Think you have missed something here?
Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 12:30 - Nov 1 with 3903 viewsupthedale

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 11:32 - Nov 1 by onedalefan

That was BFC1885's point.

If the new ground opens while Bury are in League Two then they won't have been relegated any lower (I suppose could go down and back up though, or even vice versa!).
Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 18:00 - Nov 1 with 3667 viewsjudd

Bury fan at work was at the Village Hotel, Bury, earlier today and said he saw the chur having lunch with who he thought was Steve Eyre.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 18:03 - Nov 1 with 3663 viewsEllDale

Brilliant, you couldn't make it up.

A combination of FRMSE and Chris "No" Brass who always seems to be available......
Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 18:11 - Nov 1 with 3649 viewsTTNYear

I'm still laughing at David Moyes... Steve Eyre might just see me off.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 18:14 - Nov 1 with 3642 viewsColDale

Steve Eyre has Huddersfield connections too. Reckon Eyre and Frankie might just get the best out of young Harry.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 18:18 - Nov 1 with 3627 views442Dale

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 18:14 - Nov 1 by ColDale

Steve Eyre has Huddersfield connections too. Reckon Eyre and Frankie might just get the best out of young Harry.

Still yet to see what the fuss is with Harry Bunn. Same with David Ball.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 18:19 - Nov 1 with 3619 viewsTTNYear

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 18:14 - Nov 1 by ColDale

Dunno who Reckon is but it sounds like a more suitable, affordable and realistic candidate than Moyes et al... that our chums our suggesting.

Good edit Col
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 18:20]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 00:43 - Nov 2 with 3396 viewsSandyman

Given that bury have a magic money tree, the worlds greatest training facility, a new stadium next season, the greatest squad of players ever assembled in League 1, and a chur's vision to buy into, who could possibly fail at giggle lane? Blackwell, Flitcroft, Brass, Clark ? All perfect candidates.
FRMSE would complete the comedy quintet for me.
It's all comedy gold. The club that keeps on giving.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2017 0:45]
Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 06:44 - Nov 2 with 3350 views1mark1

Hope Eyre does get the job, so at least BBC manc might stop referring to him FRMSE, as he no longer would be summarising on broadcasts.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2017 6:48]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 20:52 - Nov 2 with 3083 views49thseason

It gets worse... apparently, Steve Evans is now 2-1 favourite. Steve Evans and Stuart Day, a match made in heaven!
Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 23:42 - Nov 2 with 2982 viewsdownunder

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 20:52 - Nov 2 by 49thseason

It gets worse... apparently, Steve Evans is now 2-1 favourite. Steve Evans and Stuart Day, a match made in heaven!

Does SD want him for football experience or his experience with tax evasion?
Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 00:37 - Nov 3 with 2965 viewsDaley_Lama

Lee Clark is/was a pooh manager, not a hindsight thing, always called that one.

Steve Evans was a fat cheating obnoxious firebrand but also a winner more often than not, good at delivering.

He appears to have lost this one positive characteristic whilst at Mansfield so is obviously the man for Gigg Lane

Poll: DF in or out

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 12:25 - Nov 3 with 2742 viewsMoonyDale

The pie consumption will go through the roof at gigg if Evans gets the nod.....2 fat lads arguing over the last meat pie......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 13:31 - Nov 3 with 2677 viewsdingdangblue

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 12:25 - Nov 3 by MoonyDale

The pie consumption will go through the roof at gigg if Evans gets the nod.....2 fat lads arguing over the last meat pie......

And the cash less club now have a cash less stadium

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2017/october/bury-fc-and-tappit/

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 13:56 - Nov 3 with 2629 viewsRAFCBLUE

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 13:31 - Nov 3 by dingdangblue

"Prepay for your match day pie and coffee"

Times must be hard.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 14:07 - Nov 3 with 2615 viewsToffeemanc

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 13:56 - Nov 3 by RAFCBLUE

"Prepay for your match day pie and coffee"

Times must be hard.

The big question is will this pre-paid card be valid payment for Bucket collections ?

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 14:13 - Nov 3 with 2601 viewsD_Alien

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 14:07 - Nov 3 by Toffeemanc

The big question is will this pre-paid card be valid payment for Bucket collections ?

"Please use at the hole in the wall, not in the bucket"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 14:58 - Nov 3 with 2543 viewsDaleiLama

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 13:31 - Nov 3 by dingdangblue

So it's a contactless card, like a debit or credit card, except you have the extra hassle of having to know what's on it and top it up in advance, thereby financing the club along the way?

You couldn't make it up.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 14:58 - Nov 3 with 2540 viewsEllDale

At first I misread the name of the company involved as "Tippit" and thought that they'd taken up the ancient Rochdale taproom game.......
Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 15:20 - Nov 3 with 2511 viewsSandyman

Ironically the creators of this scheme for giggle lane have the web address that reads just a pit

www.justtappit.com
Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 16:15 - Nov 3 with 2450 viewspioneer

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 14:58 - Nov 3 by DaleiLama

So it's a contactless card, like a debit or credit card, except you have the extra hassle of having to know what's on it and top it up in advance, thereby financing the club along the way?

You couldn't make it up.

I always enjoy the humour generated towards our nearest and poorest but at the same time I think as the luddites of the football league when it comes to technology adoption we might want to give them a bit of a break.

I have seen this technology work in North America, both at Sporting venues and on public transport systems and it is very convenient. In most cases the user can set up an automatic payment so that once your card balance dips under a pre specified amount (say 10 quid) then it is topped up by automatically charging 10 quid to your credit/debit card. That way you dont have to be concerned with balance checking. Of course those wary of such automatic payments dont have to go that way and can instead add additional funds to their card whenever they chose (or remember!). Also in the versions I have seen you are provided with balance information each time you use the card. Isnt that how the Oyster card works in London? I dont get down there enough to bother having one.
Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 16:26 - Nov 3 with 2437 viewsDaleiLama

Lee Clark FIRED ahead of Woking Cup upset. on 16:15 - Nov 3 by pioneer

I always enjoy the humour generated towards our nearest and poorest but at the same time I think as the luddites of the football league when it comes to technology adoption we might want to give them a bit of a break.

I have seen this technology work in North America, both at Sporting venues and on public transport systems and it is very convenient. In most cases the user can set up an automatic payment so that once your card balance dips under a pre specified amount (say 10 quid) then it is topped up by automatically charging 10 quid to your credit/debit card. That way you dont have to be concerned with balance checking. Of course those wary of such automatic payments dont have to go that way and can instead add additional funds to their card whenever they chose (or remember!). Also in the versions I have seen you are provided with balance information each time you use the card. Isnt that how the Oyster card works in London? I dont get down there enough to bother having one.

Take your point about our own challenged technology and agree fully. You're asking the wrong man about Oysters too - the closest I've got to those is slurping them raw from the shells.

Maybe those cards aren't as difficult to administer as suspected, but do they have any benefits over contactless? I suppose there are limited funds so fraud wouldn't be as worrisome, but then again, the banks usually stump up if an individual has been defrauded through no fault of their own.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024