Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Oldham 14:08 - Nov 18 with 18525 views442Dale

No MJ Williams?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Oldham on 20:44 - Nov 18 with 2945 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham on 20:41 - Nov 18 by Daley_Lama

Better team won.

First half they were quicker than us in all areas, we looked a bit shell-shocked at times.

Second half much better, we reached parity with them, trading attack for attack.

Wrestling free-kick between defender and striker, poor clearance (quite a few of those today) drops nicely and good finish. 3rd was a sweet strike.

Hilly swung momentum our way with Bunney on, it went from their RB (2) terrorising us to our LB terrorising him. Bunney and Inman (at fault for goal and poor til that point) start d to dominate down the left.

Wellens countered with a nippy RM who pushed Bunney back and swung it their way once again.

Of their players

2 - great going forward, daft mistake for our goal
29 - really good, reminded me of J Allen
9 - Davies - physically battered us at the back
13 - Doyle - Too good for us

Bunney looked absolutely knackered after being on the field for only 15 minutes. He was tracking back like Ian Thompstone at one point.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Oldham on 20:48 - Nov 18 with 2926 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Oldham on 19:21 - Nov 18 by TVOS1907

But isn't that the case for all teams who are in a relegation battle, which we are?

yes spot on. We are in a mess anybody who thinks were not is not thinking straight. There seems to be a prevailing thought that Hill will magically get it right because he always does. Im not so sure Oldham looked nailed on for bottom four a few weeks ago now new manager same players and they are the form team of the division. Its now down to Hill to fix his problem he recruited he coaches them its his team his selection and formation. last time he was in this position at Barnsley and yes completely different division, level of difficulty and circumstances but he wobbled with strange selections players out of position etc where's Whitey he could explain it better than me. Brian Clough got the sack in the end Dario Gradi when he eventually ran out of ideas got shunted upstairs.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 20:55]

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread: Oldham on 20:54 - Nov 18 with 2890 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Oldham on 20:44 - Nov 18 by TVOS1907

Bunney looked absolutely knackered after being on the field for only 15 minutes. He was tracking back like Ian Thompstone at one point.

Joe was clattered once he'd started making headway down the left, and took a while to shake it off - but you're right, Thompstone ran like he was injured on a good day

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Oldham on 21:35 - Nov 18 with 2791 viewsbiffoboffo

Match thread: Oldham on 20:48 - Nov 18 by kiwidale

yes spot on. We are in a mess anybody who thinks were not is not thinking straight. There seems to be a prevailing thought that Hill will magically get it right because he always does. Im not so sure Oldham looked nailed on for bottom four a few weeks ago now new manager same players and they are the form team of the division. Its now down to Hill to fix his problem he recruited he coaches them its his team his selection and formation. last time he was in this position at Barnsley and yes completely different division, level of difficulty and circumstances but he wobbled with strange selections players out of position etc where's Whitey he could explain it better than me. Brian Clough got the sack in the end Dario Gradi when he eventually ran out of ideas got shunted upstairs.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 20:55]

Mostly the same players. It was stubbornness to ignore some new signings (linked to the potential new owner) that lead to Sheridan leaving.

The new manager, a fresh approach coupled with 2 or 3 becoming regulars in the team started the changes that sees us top of the form tables.

All managers have a shelf life. Sheridan ran out of ideas and influence. It happens. Can happen anywhere, to anyone......
Match thread: Oldham on 21:39 - Nov 18 with 2774 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham on 21:35 - Nov 18 by biffoboffo

Mostly the same players. It was stubbornness to ignore some new signings (linked to the potential new owner) that lead to Sheridan leaving.

The new manager, a fresh approach coupled with 2 or 3 becoming regulars in the team started the changes that sees us top of the form tables.

All managers have a shelf life. Sheridan ran out of ideas and influence. It happens. Can happen anywhere, to anyone......

Sheridan has had more shelves at Oldham than the British Library!

Match thread: Oldham on 21:45 - Nov 18 with 2757 viewsBartRowou

Match thread: Oldham on 21:35 - Nov 18 by biffoboffo

God, you're irritating. There are many complimentary comments about your team's performance today on here so, if you have to be around, just enjoy them rather than imply things about our club: we can do that ourselves.

You did it a few weeks ago, in that weasely way of yours, when having a dig at our away following. We didn't hear from you at all until your form picked up.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Match thread: Oldham on 21:46 - Nov 18 with 2754 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Oldham on 21:39 - Nov 18 by TVOS1907

Sheridan has had more shelves at Oldham than the British Library!

I didn't know the British Library had shelves at Oldham?

But if you say so, I'll take it as read

Match thread: Oldham on 21:49 - Nov 18 with 2738 viewsbiffoboffo

Match thread: Oldham on 21:45 - Nov 18 by BartRowou

God, you're irritating. There are many complimentary comments about your team's performance today on here so, if you have to be around, just enjoy them rather than imply things about our club: we can do that ourselves.

You did it a few weeks ago, in that weasely way of yours, when having a dig at our away following. We didn't hear from you at all until your form picked up.

Bit touchy. Hill will leave one day, it’s not the end of the world when he does.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Oldham on 21:51 - Nov 18 with 2726 viewsBartRowou

Match thread: Oldham on 21:49 - Nov 18 by biffoboffo

Bit touchy. Hill will leave one day, it’s not the end of the world when he does.

You see, when you actually say what you mean, it doesn't grate as much.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Match thread: Oldham on 21:52 - Nov 18 with 2720 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Oldham on 21:49 - Nov 18 by biffoboffo

We know

He's already left once

Try telling us summat we don't know

Match thread: Oldham on 22:03 - Nov 18 with 2692 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Oldham on 21:46 - Nov 18 by D_Alien

I didn't know the British Library had shelves at Oldham?

But if you say so, I'll take it as read

Book Off!

Match thread: Oldham on 22:07 - Nov 18 with 2669 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Oldham on 22:03 - Nov 18 by TVOS1907

Book Off!

DA shaking like a leaf. That was just spineless

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Oldham on 22:18 - Nov 18 with 2635 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Oldham on 22:07 - Nov 18 by DaleiLama

DA shaking like a leaf. That was just spineless

I'll be bound by whatever TVOS says

Match thread: Oldham on 08:24 - Nov 19 with 2408 viewsmingthemerciless

Match thread: Oldham on 20:41 - Nov 18 by Daley_Lama

Better team won.

First half they were quicker than us in all areas, we looked a bit shell-shocked at times.

Second half much better, we reached parity with them, trading attack for attack.

Wrestling free-kick between defender and striker, poor clearance (quite a few of those today) drops nicely and good finish. 3rd was a sweet strike.

Hilly swung momentum our way with Bunney on, it went from their RB (2) terrorising us to our LB terrorising him. Bunney and Inman (at fault for goal and poor til that point) start d to dominate down the left.

Wellens countered with a nippy RM who pushed Bunney back and swung it their way once again.

Of their players

2 - great going forward, daft mistake for our goal
29 - really good, reminded me of J Allen
9 - Davies - physically battered us at the back
13 - Doyle - Too good for us

I did mention the other day that 29 ( Jack Byrne ) would be a problem. He's a very good busy player at this level. If you don't sit on him he'll run the show.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 16:04]
Match thread: Oldham on 08:30 - Nov 19 with 2389 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Oldham on 17:47 - Nov 18 by dingdangblue

You seriously thought this was a push on season when we lost 3 of our best players?

The club talked of promotion ambitions, gilly was happy with the squad

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Oldham on 09:10 - Nov 19 with 2300 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Oldham on 16:58 - Nov 18 by Dale23years

Wonder how long it's takes for someone to say Hill is our greatest manager we've had, and be carefull what you wished for.

The Hill thinks he's better manager than he is,sooner he's fcuks off the better
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 17:00]

Had Keith not come back, yesterday's opponent almost certainly wouldn't have been Latics. Instead it could have been a 'derby' with Accy, Macc or even Salford City. As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Oldham on 11:42 - Nov 19 with 2096 viewsaleanddale

Match thread: Oldham on 18:15 - Nov 18 by dingdangblue

Both Williams are totally unproven at this level - certainly no replacement for any of the 3 we lost - just yet - they may still come good. It looks like it's going to be a season of struggle for a change under Hill - bring it on! Certainly will be a different feeling to going for the top 6 but if we get out of it it will feel great all the same. People saying he should 'fcuk off' just shows a total lack of respect for the 99% of great things Keith Hill has done for our club.

Exactly this!

Yep we are in a relegation dog fight, so bring it on!!!

Shun I agree with 99% of what you usually post but we were dog poop today. Really poor.

Owdum deserved the 3 points and but for a poor back pass and josh Lillis being MOM it could have been A 5-0 tonking.

Bad afternoon at the office - very un hill like to get so many things wrong!!

A bounce back is required on Tuesday night and I think big Jim needs to have some time warming the bench.

Lillis and Harrison the only two to deserve plaudits on yesterday's showing.

I trust Hilly to turn this around!
Match thread: Oldham on 11:45 - Nov 19 with 2087 viewsaleanddale

Match thread: Oldham on 19:33 - Nov 18 by regjenkins

You hit the nail with that Ken. The basics were lacking, i would add that there seemed little leadership today. Oh for a Gary Jones..

I said exactly this yesterday!!

Camps is mouse like in comparison.
Match thread: Oldham on 11:53 - Nov 19 with 2063 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Oldham on 11:45 - Nov 19 by aleanddale

I said exactly this yesterday!!

Camps is mouse like in comparison.

Where is Andy Cannon......he was in the squad recently so could he add a bit of bite?

Keano too, surely he must be due back soon.......

And Brown........LEAVE IT!
Match thread: Oldham on 12:00 - Nov 19 with 2045 viewsaleanddale

I dint think we will see Keane in a Dale shirt again.

The black hole is a tough one to get out of.

Agree cannon and Slew should get there chance soon. We are in a bit of trouble at the moment and Tuesday looks a very tough ask to get anything from.
Match thread: Oldham on 12:02 - Nov 19 with 2036 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Watched it in their Main Stand with an Oldham fan and two neutrals who couldn’t give two fooks either way who had won. It was interesting to hear their views on our performance. The main points were Oldham’s play was far more varied than ours. They went wide, they used Davies welll and they played a bit through the middle as well. Our play, on the hand, was focused solely on trying to release Done, which Latics bar the mistake dealt with well. Their midfield was far more balanced and had far more strings to its bow. Everyone seemed to know their role and did it well. Finally, the battle of the non goal-scoring big number 9s was won hands down by Davies who offensively used his physical attributes well and ours had very little if any impact in the final third. Couldn’t disagree with any of it tbh. Oldham were by far the better side and it should have been more.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match thread: Oldham on 12:25 - Nov 19 with 1978 viewsBlueMessiah

Match thread: Oldham on 12:02 - Nov 19 by BigDaveMyCock

Watched it in their Main Stand with an Oldham fan and two neutrals who couldn’t give two fooks either way who had won. It was interesting to hear their views on our performance. The main points were Oldham’s play was far more varied than ours. They went wide, they used Davies welll and they played a bit through the middle as well. Our play, on the hand, was focused solely on trying to release Done, which Latics bar the mistake dealt with well. Their midfield was far more balanced and had far more strings to its bow. Everyone seemed to know their role and did it well. Finally, the battle of the non goal-scoring big number 9s was won hands down by Davies who offensively used his physical attributes well and ours had very little if any impact in the final third. Couldn’t disagree with any of it tbh. Oldham were by far the better side and it should have been more.

Regarding our non-goal scoring number 9: Could someone please enlighten me as to why "we" love him so much? He seems to have been elevated to legend status over the last 18 months or so but I must have missed something as to why that is. He's the only player we seem to have a song about and seems to get applauded for every header he "wins" even though the oposition inevitability end up with the ball.

Is it merely his assault on the biffo last season that makes him so great?

To me he is the same shit player we signed years ago who couldnt hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Can someone please let me know what it is I don't see?

Poll: Do I Know You?

Match thread: Oldham on 12:34 - Nov 19 with 1946 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Oldham on 12:25 - Nov 19 by BlueMessiah

Regarding our non-goal scoring number 9: Could someone please enlighten me as to why "we" love him so much? He seems to have been elevated to legend status over the last 18 months or so but I must have missed something as to why that is. He's the only player we seem to have a song about and seems to get applauded for every header he "wins" even though the oposition inevitability end up with the ball.

Is it merely his assault on the biffo last season that makes him so great?

To me he is the same shit player we signed years ago who couldnt hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Can someone please let me know what it is I don't see?

Bit harsh that,maybe people like him as hes very honest and plays anywhere thats asked of him and always gives 100%,I wasn't there yesterday so can't comment on that specific game.

He def won't score a bag full of goals though,but he's a decent player if we only worked out how to play off him,hes not a bad option off the bench for me.
Match thread: Oldham on 12:41 - Nov 19 with 1923 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Oldham on 12:34 - Nov 19 by nordenblue

Bit harsh that,maybe people like him as hes very honest and plays anywhere thats asked of him and always gives 100%,I wasn't there yesterday so can't comment on that specific game.

He def won't score a bag full of goals though,but he's a decent player if we only worked out how to play off him,hes not a bad option off the bench for me.

Aye here's the so called 'shit player' setting up the best chance of the game for Hendo....

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Oldham on 13:00 - Nov 19 with 1884 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match thread: Oldham on 12:41 - Nov 19 by dingdangblue

Aye here's the so called 'shit player' setting up the best chance of the game for Hendo....

Yep, Calvin has the shot in first half as well. In fact Davies is not even shown on that clip. However, I think anybody who went to yesterday’s game would be hard pressed to suggest that Calvin was as effective as Davies. The latter really hurt Dale, I’m not sure the Latics defence were unduly concerned all afternoon to be honest. For what it’s worth, Hendo was just as ineffective. At least there is a return with him though.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024