Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
O`Grady 16:15 - Jan 14 with 12966 viewsalderleydale

Journalist saying on twitter we want COG
Depends IF he wants to come
O`Grady on 19:45 - Jan 14 with 4129 viewsDaleiLama

O`Grady on 17:32 - Jan 14 by Dale23years

Not a 36 year old forward we need a finisher, a guy who can score goals around the box.

Tell you want lets get Whitehall out of retirement.

See what I mean if any over manger wanted to bring a 36 year old forward in to help us get out of this mess, they would be uproar, but cause it's Keith hill it's ok.

Tbf - the more hirsute Mourinho brought a 35 yo Zlatan in. Let's see if the baldy version thinks COG can pull off anything even remotely similar. If nothing else, the buzz would come back to the COA.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

O`Grady on 20:01 - Jan 14 with 4055 viewskiwidale

O`Grady on 19:45 - Jan 14 by DaleiLama

Tbf - the more hirsute Mourinho brought a 35 yo Zlatan in. Let's see if the baldy version thinks COG can pull off anything even remotely similar. If nothing else, the buzz would come back to the COA.

Remember the buzz that reverberated around Spotland when Hill brought Holt back last year. Holt kicked started our season when we were in a slump O'Grady could be the catalyst we need this year def worth a punt. Another point worth making is we need to sign a "captain" as much as anything something that has been lacking since Jones left... just my opinion before the gobshites tell me I don't watch the games.

This is not the time for bickering.

O`Grady on 20:10 - Jan 14 with 4008 viewsIknoweverything

O`Grady on 20:01 - Jan 14 by kiwidale

Remember the buzz that reverberated around Spotland when Hill brought Holt back last year. Holt kicked started our season when we were in a slump O'Grady could be the catalyst we need this year def worth a punt. Another point worth making is we need to sign a "captain" as much as anything something that has been lacking since Jones left... just my opinion before the gobshites tell me I don't watch the games.

You like the word gobshite, don’t you?

And for the record, your opinion is duff.

Holt didn’t sign for us last year.
O`Grady on 20:11 - Jan 14 with 4000 views442Dale

You're totally right about the captaincy situation.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

O`Grady on 20:16 - Jan 14 with 3984 viewsTVOS1907

I think the most important part of that is "O'Grady could be the catalyst".

Of course, he might not be either, but at a time when we clearly need new players and changes, things have to be tried in the hope they have an effect.

It's certainly better than just saying O'Grady isn't the answer with nothing to back it up or with no further suggestions.

Like 442, I agree about the captaincy situation too.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

O`Grady on 20:32 - Jan 14 with 3921 viewsShun

I'd be pretty pleased with this, but, as mightydale and Chaff said, only if he played in a team without Andrew. I wouldn't like to see those two on the same pitch but I think in a front two with Henderson or Done he'd thrive.

The worry is that it's clear our confidence has been shredded, and a player coming in from an outside environment might usually be expected to provide a bit of relief in the dressing room. Yet COG would be coming from a team who are having an equally shit season as us, so his confidence is probably just as low. But he did have the best spell of his career here, so perhaps returning to that same club and manager might see a smile come back to his face and with that, improved form.

Kiwi makes an excellent point about the Holt effect, and I'd love that to happen, but I'm also mindful that signing COG wouldn't be as much of a boost as signing someone who'd had a career like Holt since his first Dale spell.
O`Grady on 20:34 - Jan 14 with 3914 viewskiwidale

O`Grady on 20:10 - Jan 14 by Iknoweverything

You like the word gobshite, don’t you?

And for the record, your opinion is duff.

Holt didn’t sign for us last year.

Right on cue a Gobshite turns up, why don't you just piss off.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2018 20:43]

This is not the time for bickering.

O`Grady on 21:08 - Jan 14 with 3816 viewsIknoweverything

O`Grady on 20:34 - Jan 14 by kiwidale

Right on cue a Gobshite turns up, why don't you just piss off.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2018 20:43]

Keep editing your comebacks until you get them just right.
Login to get fewer ads

O`Grady on 21:58 - Jan 14 with 3692 viewsCrede_Sign0

I can’t see COG weighing in with the desired goals.
What’s his current tally; 2 in 30 odd games??
O`Grady on 22:05 - Jan 14 with 3674 viewsmeeee

Chesterfield fans singing his praises after his performance on Saturday http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=211d6476116c0719aaae2ff92e7d739c&sho
O`Grady on 08:13 - Jan 15 with 3392 views1907

COG is capable of scoring the goals, but more importantly brings others into play.

The best target man & strongest player I’ve ever witnessed at Dale.

If we are able to get him to 70% of his prime then he could be a hell of an important player for us from now until seasons end.

Done / Henderson / Camps / Knott will all be more than capable of scoring goals, we just need to be able to create the chances for them to finish.

If we have to go long due to Scotland Beach, COG could well be the link we’ve been missing.

If we manage to come out of the window with Delaney, Knott, COG, a battling midfielder & a fast young striker we could have a chance.
O`Grady on 08:25 - Jan 15 with 3361 viewsBigDaveMyCock

O`Grady on 21:58 - Jan 14 by Crede_Sign0

I can’t see COG weighing in with the desired goals.
What’s his current tally; 2 in 30 odd games??

I take your point. If we’re going to have any chance of making a fist of surviving then we need someone who is going to score 10-15 goals from here on. Unfortunately, that type of player is unlikely to be available or achieveable within our budget. The next best thing we can do is try to get a player in who will tease more goals out of Done and Hendo, who are capable of scoring the volume of goals required.
One thing is apparent, it isn’t working at the moment. Chaff and Shun are spot on though, if you play O’Grady with Andrew there is a huge risk that you’re just going to take more (potential) goals out of the side. My fear is that Hill will still play Andrew. If that’s going to be the case then I agree I don’t think O’Grady is the answer.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 8:36]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

O`Grady on 08:37 - Jan 15 with 3317 viewsDaleFan7

The only way I'd like to see COG back is if we start playing a front 2. Like others have said, he was far less effective when he was pushed out wide. I don't think we've got the midfield players (on what they've shown this season) to be able to back up a hold-up striker so he'd be wasted in the middle on his own too.

Whether our manager can bring himself to change the system that clearly isn't working is another story. Just a waste of a signing if we're only playing 1 up top imo.
O`Grady on 09:07 - Jan 15 with 3279 viewsKenBoon

Calvin AndrewS is our best defender. It's pretty much the only reason to keep him in the side. I daren't think of how many more goals we'd have conceded without his head on corners.
O`Grady on 10:58 - Jan 15 with 3191 viewsParkinsGimp

O`Grady on 22:05 - Jan 14 by meeee

Chesterfield fans singing his praises after his performance on Saturday http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=211d6476116c0719aaae2ff92e7d739c&sho

Yep League 2 standard ..good one.
But hes better than Andrew and fat Davies.
O`Grady on 11:51 - Jan 15 with 3093 viewsTVOS1907

O`Grady on 10:58 - Jan 15 by ParkinsGimp

Yep League 2 standard ..good one.
But hes better than Andrew and fat Davies.

Blimey, a little bit of praise, although still tinged with the usual negativity. Just can’t help it, can you?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

O`Grady on 13:14 - Jan 15 with 2932 viewsupthedale

O`Grady on 08:13 - Jan 15 by 1907

COG is capable of scoring the goals, but more importantly brings others into play.

The best target man & strongest player I’ve ever witnessed at Dale.

If we are able to get him to 70% of his prime then he could be a hell of an important player for us from now until seasons end.

Done / Henderson / Camps / Knott will all be more than capable of scoring goals, we just need to be able to create the chances for them to finish.

If we have to go long due to Scotland Beach, COG could well be the link we’ve been missing.

If we manage to come out of the window with Delaney, Knott, COG, a battling midfielder & a fast young striker we could have a chance.

Good points.

If we do have to play hoof ball to match the pitch, then COG and Calvin might not be too bad together. If the players you mention can feed off them. Would be better to keep possession where possible and holding players would at least do that.

Completely take the argument that between them they might not score much (as recent history evidences), but then again they could work well together.

Also agree Calvin heads away most of the opposition corners!
O`Grady on 16:13 - Jan 15 with 2719 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

It doesn`t really matter who we bring in, things will only change when defenders we have are played in their best positions i.e. MCGahey CH, Rafferty RFB, McNulty subs bench. We need a commanding midfielder, as none of the ones we have at present are up to the job. Playing Calvin up front on his own with no wingers (AND expecting him to defend every corner we concede), or anyone who can put a remotely decent cross in, is pointless as we have been witness to. Leaving our fastest player on the halfway line, when defending corners, might also improve our chances. Davies should be paid up, as he is being paid to keep the treatment table warm. Henderson is a forward and he and Done should be used the same way they were when they terrorised defences not so long ago. But, that takes us back to the midfield, where we have nobody other than Camps who can pass through the opposition. Just a team with players playing in correct positions would be a start. Kitching getting a game has already given us more bite in midfield, which was more than he did sat in the stand every weekend.
O`Grady on 12:35 - Jan 16 with 2274 viewsChaffRAFC

Seen in a couple of places that Chris O'Grady is on £6,000 a week at Chesterfield!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

O`Grady on 12:57 - Jan 16 with 2194 viewsdingdangblue

O`Grady on 12:35 - Jan 16 by ChaffRAFC

Seen in a couple of places that Chris O'Grady is on £6,000 a week at Chesterfield!

We can match £6000

..........per month.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

O`Grady on 13:02 - Jan 16 with 2165 viewsnordenblue

O`Grady on 12:35 - Jan 16 by ChaffRAFC

Worth every penny of it if he came to us and kept us in league 1
O`Grady on 13:27 - Jan 16 with 2068 viewsBrierls

If COG is available it would be stupid not to sign him. Sadly I don’t think he will be available. He’s still only 31 and his game was never based on pace anyway.

Hilly knows how to get the best out of him, and his best was absolutely fantastic for Dale. It’s not just goals, it’s bringing others into play. COG does that better than any striker I’ve ever known at Dale.
O`Grady on 13:45 - Jan 16 with 1996 viewsDaleFan7

O`Grady on 13:27 - Jan 16 by Brierls

If COG is available it would be stupid not to sign him. Sadly I don’t think he will be available. He’s still only 31 and his game was never based on pace anyway.

Hilly knows how to get the best out of him, and his best was absolutely fantastic for Dale. It’s not just goals, it’s bringing others into play. COG does that better than any striker I’ve ever known at Dale.

Hilly knew how to get the best out of him whilst playing him in a front 2. He was pushed out wide later on and was nowhere near as effective. If and it's a big if he came back we'd need to go back to 2 upfront.

Whether our stubborn manager would do that is up for debate.
O`Grady on 17:07 - Jan 16 with 1724 viewsBrierls

O`Grady on 13:45 - Jan 16 by DaleFan7

Hilly knew how to get the best out of him whilst playing him in a front 2. He was pushed out wide later on and was nowhere near as effective. If and it's a big if he came back we'd need to go back to 2 upfront.

When I say getting the best out of him, I mean for Dale not just individual goalscoring statistics. If you can prove that Dale scored less goals or gleaned less points when our ‘stubborn’ manager played COG in more of a wide role then fair enough. If not I suggest you look at the bigger picture and see that you win games by scoring goals and you don’t get bonus points for those goals coming from specific positions.
O`Grady on 19:01 - Jan 16 with 1553 viewssweetcorn

O`Grady on 13:45 - Jan 16 by DaleFan7

Surely it's not a coincidence that Gary Jones scored so many goals from midfield when Andrew was used as an hold up target man, rather than as a front 2?

With Done and Henderson around O'Grady they would get goals for the side. I have no doubt.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024