Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobre and that GOAL.... 14:14 - Mar 8 with 14007 viewsCleedale

Just wondered how this goal rates amongst all time classics at Dale. Seem to think Paddy McCourt did some incredible stuff, "sometimes", but for me this has got to be up there with Henderson's touches of brilliance and some others? Debate....

PS. Hope Dobre manages to climb down from the clouds, or is pulled, as ANY player to score a goal like that mightn't realise that it's possibly a once-in- a-lifetime. Of course bring it on again if that's just a taster - it could be that extra bit of magic to raise the confidence in the whole squad that notch higher for L1 survival.
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 15:01 - Mar 8 with 8102 viewsMoonyDale

I've seen some crackers in my years watching Dale but I have to admit that was one of the best, just hope we get to see more of this lad before the season ends....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 16:40 - Mar 8 with 7926 viewsmeeee

It's definitely up their with one of the best. I think the best goal I've seen was Rafferty away at Peterborough. Also I remember Adam Rundle scoring straight from the corner flag away at Doncaster in the cup but I don't think he meant it
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 16:41 - Mar 8 with 7924 viewselectricblue

Im seem to remember that Johnny Bowden and Andy Flounders scored from just inside the opponents half...
Or.
The side foot from Paul Connor via Carlise was class....
For dribbling n beating his man then its either Dobres goal or One or two from Paddy McCourt.....

Even the goal Lee McEvilly when he dropped the defender with a shoulder charge and then banged the goal into the corner of the net was something you dont see anymore....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 17:00 - Mar 8 with 7881 viewscumbria_dale

Jason Peake scored an overhead kick from outside the box at the Sandy end - that one stays in the memory
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 17:04 - Mar 8 with 7867 viewsTVOS1907

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 17:00 - Mar 8 by cumbria_dale

Jason Peake scored an overhead kick from outside the box at the Sandy end - that one stays in the memory

Are you thinking of his goal at Halifax?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 17:42 - Mar 8 with 7785 viewsdeeplishblue

When I watched that goal I was more thinking "How good a layoff was that by Andy Cannon" rather than thinking about what Dobre did.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2018 17:43]

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 18:02 - Mar 8 with 7721 viewsCleedale

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 16:41 - Mar 8 by electricblue

Im seem to remember that Johnny Bowden and Andy Flounders scored from just inside the opponents half...
Or.
For dribbling n beating his man then its either Dobres goal or One or two from Paddy McCourt.....

Even the goal Lee McEvilly when he dropped the defender with a shoulder charge and then banged the goal into the corner of the net was something you dont see anymore....

If the Flounders goal is the one I'm thinking it was against Lincoln as I was there. The keeper came out of his area but managed to head the bouncing ball which fell to Andy wide out right and about level with the edge of the opposition part of the centre circle. Think he took one touch and whacked it. The returning keeper couldn't make it back and it dropped into the goal - about 55 yard hoof but intentional. That day he got a hat-trick, think we won 5-1. Not sure we saw the best of Flounders when he came to us but that was Dale's pecking order then....but not now.
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 18:05 - Mar 8 with 7710 viewsTVOS1907

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 18:02 - Mar 8 by Cleedale

If the Flounders goal is the one I'm thinking it was against Lincoln as I was there. The keeper came out of his area but managed to head the bouncing ball which fell to Andy wide out right and about level with the edge of the opposition part of the centre circle. Think he took one touch and whacked it. The returning keeper couldn't make it back and it dropped into the goal - about 55 yard hoof but intentional. That day he got a hat-trick, think we won 5-1. Not sure we saw the best of Flounders when he came to us but that was Dale's pecking order then....but not now.

Login to get fewer ads

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 18:07 - Mar 8 with 7708 viewsCleedale

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 17:42 - Mar 8 by deeplishblue

When I watched that goal I was more thinking "How good a layoff was that by Andy Cannon" rather than thinking about what Dobre did.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2018 17:43]

Think that Cannon has more than impressed with the recent run and so unlucky not to score at Wembley.
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 18:15 - Mar 8 with 7691 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 16:41 - Mar 8 by electricblue

Or.

Callum Higginbottom at Accy......half way line?
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 18:16 - Mar 8 with 7689 viewsDaley_Lama

Hendo v Leeds for guile and touch is my fav of late.

Poll: DF in or out

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 18:23 - Mar 8 with 7661 viewsrafc1984

O' Shaunessy's 35 yard free kick v Northampton was a belter. I think it was 4th round of the cup in 89
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 19:06 - Mar 8 with 7554 viewsfitzochris

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 19:45 - Mar 8 with 7460 viewsSuddenLad

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 18:23 - Mar 8 by rafc1984

O' Shaunessy's 35 yard free kick v Northampton was a belter. I think it was 4th round of the cup in 89

I remember the free kick, but I thought it was against Scarborough. I sponsored him under the name 'Exocet Boot Company'

He had hell of a shot on him.

One of the best I saw was Barry Diamond with a flying scissor kick into the Sandy Lane goal.

A one-in-a-million success for a kick like that, but memorable for it's outcome. I think the opposition was Burnley in a pre-season friendly.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 19:59 - Mar 8 with 7421 viewsrich_dale

O'Shaughnessy scored free kicks in both those games - the one v Scarboro was from 40+ yards, not that far in front of the centre circle.

Didn't see Wakenshaw's v Halifax but my uncle used to say it was the best he saw at Spotland. Is there any video footage of that?
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:02 - Mar 8 with 7410 viewsTVOS1907

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 18:23 - Mar 8 by rafc1984

Not quite 35 yards... (7:13 into the clip):

...unless you're thinking of the Scarborough goal, as SuddenLad mentions:

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:09 - Mar 8 with 7386 viewsTVOS1907

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 19:59 - Mar 8 by rich_dale

O'Shaughnessy scored free kicks in both those games - the one v Scarboro was from 40+ yards, not that far in front of the centre circle.

Didn't see Wakenshaw's v Halifax but my uncle used to say it was the best he saw at Spotland. Is there any video footage of that?

Unfortunately not, but your uncle was right!

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:23 - Mar 8 with 7352 viewsmikehunt

For a good mazy run and finish Rhys Bennet v York takes some beating. Who knew he had that in his locker?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:25 - Mar 8 with 7348 viewsfitzochris

Peake v Halifax
Paddy v ‘ull
Gary Jones v Bristol Rovers
Paul Connor v Carlisle
Paul Simpson (any goal he scored)

And that’s for starters.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:35 - Mar 8 with 7305 viewsmikehunt

The best strike (after O’Shaughnessy) has to be Vincenti v Plymouth

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:43 - Mar 8 with 7285 viewsTVOS1907

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:35 - Mar 8 by mikehunt

The best strike (after O’Shaughnessy) has to be Vincenti v Plymouth

I think you mean v Newport

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:55 - Mar 8 with 7252 viewsColDale

Holt v Macc
Holt v Oxford

This post has been edited by an administrator
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 21:20 - Mar 8 with 7186 viewsmikehunt

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:43 - Mar 8 by TVOS1907

Ooh That’s the one TVOS. Thanks for that 😄

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 21:37 - Mar 8 with 7139 viewsShun

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:43 - Mar 8 by TVOS1907

Never mind Vincenti's goal, Lillis' penalty save is sensational!
[Post edited 8 Mar 2018 23:10]
Dobre and that GOAL.... on 21:55 - Mar 8 with 7090 viewsrafc1984

Dobre and that GOAL.... on 20:02 - Mar 8 by TVOS1907

Not quite 35 yards... (7:13 into the clip):

...unless you're thinking of the Scarborough goal, as SuddenLad mentions:

Haha I sort of knew it wouldn't have been 35 yards but one that's stuck in my piss poor memory. Cheers for the vid, great to see it again
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024