Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Oxford away 14:09 - Apr 28 with 26277 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:06 - Apr 28 with 3151 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:04 - Apr 28 by Shun

Davies probably, but I don’t think we could’ve brought Dobre on any earlier. Defensively he’s a liability and whilst all our rivals were drawing and we were too it was the right decision to leave him on the bench.

Defensively the defence have been shite all season aswell. Down and it’s our fault.
Match thread: Oxford away on 17:06 - Apr 28 with 3152 viewsRotherhamDale

What a set of absolute bottlejobs.

Andrew and Thompson up front today... Asking to be relegated.

As for Camps... His goal return is poor, he's shown today that he can't tackle. All he's good for is flicking the ball about with the outside of his right foot and he's not even good at that.

Complete overhaul needed in the summer. Lillis, Raff, Cannon, Hendo to stay out of the regular starters. The rest can go.

Possession with progression.

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:07 - Apr 28 with 3130 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Oxford away on 16:59 - Apr 28 by Shun

Absolutely need Northampton to beat Oldham next week now.

Henderson owes us a hat trick against Charlton too.

Why will Northampton try next week

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:08 - Apr 28 with 3107 viewsBazzanne

Sad to say but we are garbage and deserve to go down. I would love us to stay up but we will get what we deserve. I am sick of watching the rubbish served up this season. KH should hang his head in shame with what he's done to the club this year,his signings have been rubbish and the same with tactics and team selection. Absolutely gutted!!
Match thread: Oxford away on 17:11 - Apr 28 with 3039 views442Dale

Match thread: Oxford away on 16:52 - Apr 28 by Dale23years

yep hill out, sad it since end of last season, he's cost us our league 1 place this season, cost us a play off place last season.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2018 16:55]

No, a combination of factors have put us in this position. Not least the absolutely stupid decisions made by two players who have worn the captain’s armband in the last few weeks.

As for today, there is nothing that will begin to explain why we played the formation we did, but it would be nice if Hill tried. It left us completely lopsided and almost playing with ten as first Thompson and then Gillam were stood up near their left back who was happy enough to stand there while everything else happened on the other flank.

Make no mistake, we are where we are partly because the manager and his selections haven’t been good enough, but that doesn’t mean he should go nor does it mean those he does put on the pitch shouldn’t take their percentage of responsibility. Today it was Camps, it was pub league stuff.

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:12 - Apr 28 with 2979 viewsShun

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:04 - Apr 28 by regjenkins

With Walsall winning today i would think we are down. Options have run out and we were found wanting this season. We are were we are because of lack of spending. Nothing else to say.

I wouldn’t say it’s to do with lack of spending. We spent £100K on a player this season who’s proved to be a huge disappointment, and that’s more than we’ve spent in forever. The past decade or so of relative success hasn’t been built on high spending at all.

This squad could quite easily have survived (and still could, but probably won’t), it’s more to do with baffling manager decisions than spending if you ask me.
Match thread: Oxford away on 17:14 - Apr 28 with 2938 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:06 - Apr 28 by rochdale_ranger

Defensively the defence have been shite all season aswell. Down and it’s our fault.

It's the attack that's been wanting, we haven't conceded that many

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:16 - Apr 28 with 2905 views442Dale

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:06 - Apr 28 by RotherhamDale

What a set of absolute bottlejobs.

Andrew and Thompson up front today... Asking to be relegated.

As for Camps... His goal return is poor, he's shown today that he can't tackle. All he's good for is flicking the ball about with the outside of his right foot and he's not even good at that.

Complete overhaul needed in the summer. Lillis, Raff, Cannon, Hendo to stay out of the regular starters. The rest can go.

Picking out the Camps comment - it’s obvious he’s a good footballer but I find it amazing that Hill still allows the inconsistencies and poor choices that exist in his game to remain while still picking him every week.

At the moment it’s a necessity due to a lack of options, but when you see performances like that there’s no way we should be hoping someone will pay £1m. It’s so frustrating because so much of what he does is avoidable, and that’s in general play not the penalty thing today.

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:19 - Apr 28 with 2851 viewsMoonyDale

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:12 - Apr 28 by Shun

I wouldn’t say it’s to do with lack of spending. We spent £100K on a player this season who’s proved to be a huge disappointment, and that’s more than we’ve spent in forever. The past decade or so of relative success hasn’t been built on high spending at all.

This squad could quite easily have survived (and still could, but probably won’t), it’s more to do with baffling manager decisions than spending if you ask me.

Baffling managerial decisions are exactly why we are where we are. Shocking again today, recruitment, tactics, formations, teams selections, let's see who come on to defend this crap tonight.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:19 - Apr 28 with 2842 viewsRotherhamDale

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:16 - Apr 28 by 442Dale

Picking out the Camps comment - it’s obvious he’s a good footballer but I find it amazing that Hill still allows the inconsistencies and poor choices that exist in his game to remain while still picking him every week.

At the moment it’s a necessity due to a lack of options, but when you see performances like that there’s no way we should be hoping someone will pay £1m. It’s so frustrating because so much of what he does is avoidable, and that’s in general play not the penalty thing today.

Just look at his free kicks. They're awful.

He thinks he can dip a ball like Ronaldo but he can't do it. He's so much better when he plays a simple game and it's so frustrating to watch.

Possession with progression.

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:20 - Apr 28 with 2817 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Oxford away on 16:59 - Apr 28 by Shun

Absolutely need Northampton to beat Oldham next week now.

Henderson owes us a hat trick against Charlton too.

Or draw and we win. Plymouth scoring in injury time didn't help meaning Charlton's play off not secured yet. Need Scunthorpe to beat Plymouth heavily this week but Charlton will still be going for a win I reckon.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:21 - Apr 28 with 2813 views442Dale

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:12 - Apr 28 by Shun

Your last paragraph is exactly the response to Hill/Radio Manchester/anyone else who plays the budget card. We make the most of what we have, this season we haven’t

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:21 - Apr 28 with 2809 viewsShun

They’ve hardly been shite. We’ve had a mid-table defence and a League Two attack. Our goals against is actually better than most outside the top 7.
Match thread: Oxford away on 17:21 - Apr 28 with 2785 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:07 - Apr 28 by rochdaleriddler

Why will Northampton try next week

Why did bury try today?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:24 - Apr 28 with 2738 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:14 - Apr 28 by rochdaleriddler

It’s the kind of goals we are conceding last minute goals and stupid defensive mistakes. Not picking up men and tracking back etc. Clubs have played us, scored easy goals and sat back basking in the knowledge that we don’t have any threat up front. This season we have been shite. Enjoy next seasons price increase in season tickets for league two football. First time in a few years I won’t be renewing. Picking and choosing my games next season. Will be nice to get the bus to macc.
Match thread: Oxford away on 17:24 - Apr 28 with 2729 viewsrochdale_ranger

It’s the kind of goals we are conceding last minute goals and stupid defensive mistakes. Not picking up men and tracking back etc. Clubs have played us, scored easy goals and sat back basking in the knowledge that we don’t have any threat up front. This season we have been shite. Enjoy next seasons price increase in season tickets for league two football. First time in a few years I won’t be renewing. Picking and choosing my games next season. Will be nice to get the bus to macc
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:25 - Apr 28 with 2697 viewsdingdangblue

We aren't actually down yet - not that you'd know it reading this.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2018 17:30]

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:26 - Apr 28 with 2698 views49thseason

You are correct.
I said at Christmas that I thought we would be relegated, not because the players in the club couldn't play but because it seemed to me that the management had decided that being relegated was somehow in the interest of the club. Hill was bleating about having to rebuild a side in the early Summer, and in January he still didn't find a proven goalscorer and continued to persist with Andrew and playing Henderson in midfield. Partnering Andrew with Thompson up front in these last few critical games seems to be a deliberate sabotage of our League One status.
I even regard the Season Ticket announcement with further price reductions to be part of the plan to play in L2 next season, as was giving Hill a 5-year contract.
I struggle to imagine why this probable relegation is in anyone's interest but little has been done to persuade me that we have been heading in any other direction.
Match thread: Oxford away on 17:31 - Apr 28 with 2591 viewsdawlishdale

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:16 - Apr 28 by 442Dale

Even more shameful is letting Jamie Allen go whilst Camps had meningitis. That is the biggest mistake the Manager and Board have made, in a season containing dozens of bad decisions.

Yes...we were paid a fee by Burton, but it is less than half of what we stand to gain by remaining in League one next year.

Short sighted by the Board, or a conflict of interests by Hilly, who had the final say (and thus got a big bonus again)

Camps has struggled for much of the season, and sometimes looks completely knackered during games. Exactly what you'd expect in the months following such an illness.
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:32 - Apr 28 with 2570 viewsrochdaleriddler

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:25 - Apr 28 by dingdangblue

We aren't actually down yet - not that you'd know it reading this.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2018 17:30]

Did you go today? If you did you surely cannot contemplate us winning next week

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:34 - Apr 28 with 2528 viewsdingdangblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:32 - Apr 28 by rochdaleriddler

Wtf? Might as well not fcking bother going next Saturday then! We can win , draw or lose any game - it's football.

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:35 - Apr 28 with 2523 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Oxford away on 17:26 - Apr 28 by 49thseason

You are correct.
I said at Christmas that I thought we would be relegated, not because the players in the club couldn't play but because it seemed to me that the management had decided that being relegated was somehow in the interest of the club. Hill was bleating about having to rebuild a side in the early Summer, and in January he still didn't find a proven goalscorer and continued to persist with Andrew and playing Henderson in midfield. Partnering Andrew with Thompson up front in these last few critical games seems to be a deliberate sabotage of our League One status.
I even regard the Season Ticket announcement with further price reductions to be part of the plan to play in L2 next season, as was giving Hill a 5-year contract.
I struggle to imagine why this probable relegation is in anyone's interest but little has been done to persuade me that we have been heading in any other direction.

No Such conspiracy in my opinion. We started to bag goals because Hendo struck form both with goals and overall play. Then he got sent off in our last win & the 4 games since have been powder puff upfront. Add in the Josh error which cost 2 points & it has been a struggle all round for those matches

However we are where we are due to 45 games not the last 4 and it is an overall lack of firepower + playing up to Christmas with no constant formation & playing men out of position that puts us where we are

Last game of the season can throw up any result & a win will see us safe. However I can see a situation where a win would keep us up but we end up with a draw - That would sum up our season
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:42 - Apr 28 with 2436 viewsrochdale_ranger

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:32 - Apr 28 by rochdaleriddler

Did he fook. He’s Hills unofficial PR man. He takes any criticism of how the team perform as a personal slight against him.
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:45 - Apr 28 with 2397 views442Dale

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:34 - Apr 28 by dingdangblue

Wtf? Might as well not fcking bother going next Saturday then! We can win , draw or lose any game - it's football.

Yes. But today summed up the deficiencies that exist within the squad and those on the bench. There’s no getting away from it, today was depressing, honestly it feels that bad because yet again it was all on us. Not our ability to compete with bigger teams with bigger budgets, not the fact that we are punching above our weight and that we were always going to have a bad season, but because as a football team we were not good enough in games and because our manager has made poor decisions that have led to a squad that was easily good enough to be safe by now, looking at a possible relegation. If we survive it will be an amazing achievement, but it won’t mask any of the above and nor should it.

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:47 - Apr 28 with 2372 viewsdingdangblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:42 - Apr 28 by rochdale_ranger

Did he fook. He’s Hills unofficial PR man. He takes any criticism of how the team perform as a personal slight against him.

I guess you weren't cheering when Inman scored then? With us being down already?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024