Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Doncaster, home 14:01 - Oct 13 with 27562 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 10:17 - Oct 14 with 2366 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 09:38 - Oct 14 by 442Dale

There was me thinking that earlier posts could help.

If people want every match thread to end up like this, carry on. If youā€™ve any respect for the forum and the positive part it has played for so many years, then please assess your own choices and actions.

Others may well be acting in a way we disagree with, but it is solely up to ourselves to choose what we say in response and whether it will be pouring oil on troubled waters. To do so continuously is akin to a Shell tanker deliberately emptying its contents into the North Sea; a total disregard for the environment it is affecting and every sea bird or fish that inhabits the area.

As someone should have told the Tinman, take responsibility for your own oil can when thinking about articulating a response. We can only control ourselves and all we have to decide is what to do with the time thatā€™s given to us.

That's a sobering post 442 I accept your criticism, you are right I am responsible for the way I respond provocation or not. I will double my resolve to ignore those who want to stir trouble I'm just as sick of it as I'm sure the majority are.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 10:19]

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 11:14 - Oct 14 with 2243 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 10:17 - Oct 14 by kiwidale

That's a sobering post 442 I accept your criticism, you are right I am responsible for the way I respond provocation or not. I will double my resolve to ignore those who want to stir trouble I'm just as sick of it as I'm sure the majority are.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 10:19]

Stick to footballing matters. Iā€™ve learnt over the last week or two debates about anything else simply donā€™t work on here. You canā€™t debate idealogues or people that are removed from reality. I was spending to much time on here anyhow, you know your becoming an internet nerd when the other half is saying ā€œyour not arguing with nob heads on fans network again are ya?!ā€ and some people must actually have nothing else in their going on as they are in here 24/7 it would seem.
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 13:16 - Oct 14 with 2125 viewstony_roch975

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 21:01 - Oct 13 by dingdangblue

You thought Clough was invisible? Seriously?
He had a brilliant 1st half and his best game so far and he'll only get better the more he plays for us. He linked up play superbly with some really sharp passing and but for a world class save and a lucky block he'd have his 1st league goals for us. Saw some real positives today.

Well called DDB - I'm not a great fan of Clough but just seen the highlights and, hats off, he not only created several superb chances and was unlucky not to score at least once but he put in some good tackles (not usually his strength in my [blinkered] view])

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 13:45 - Oct 14 with 2070 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 09:38 - Oct 14 by 442Dale

There was me thinking that earlier posts could help.

If people want every match thread to end up like this, carry on. If youā€™ve any respect for the forum and the positive part it has played for so many years, then please assess your own choices and actions.

Others may well be acting in a way we disagree with, but it is solely up to ourselves to choose what we say in response and whether it will be pouring oil on troubled waters. To do so continuously is akin to a Shell tanker deliberately emptying its contents into the North Sea; a total disregard for the environment it is affecting and every sea bird or fish that inhabits the area.

As someone should have told the Tinman, take responsibility for your own oil can when thinking about articulating a response. We can only control ourselves and all we have to decide is what to do with the time thatā€™s given to us.

Some perfect points well made 442, without dragging it up boringly again,it's easy to solve as there's clearly one constant in the majority of the petty personal squabbles on here...
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 16:02 - Oct 14 with 1939 viewsaleanddale

Others hit the nail with we had enough chances to win two games!

Best attacking performance of the season mixed with more dismal defending.

Poor by josh for the first goal and Hendo scores that chance 9999 times in 10000 chances.

We MORE than competed but half time could have been 3-0 / 0-3 or 3-3!! Bonkers.

More of the same in the up coming weeks and I think we will be fine.

What a disappointment to end up with zero points yesterday!
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 16:08 - Oct 14 with 1927 views49thseason

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 21:51 - Oct 13 by TVOS1907

I'm not disputing what you say, 49th, but a lifelong fan would have seen much worse than being 16th in League One.

It sounds like an over-reactionary lack of perspective to me.

Lack of perspective? We have over 120 seasons between us, we have seen more dross than any pair of football supporters should ever be subjected to, but to be honest, it always used to be fun and unpredictable, now the fun has gone and it has become all too predictable. Thank God the prices have tumbled because of the season tickets, can you imagine how many there would be on the ground if everyone was being asked for Ā£17 a game?
We have to shout at one another at halftime because the local disc joker is obviously deaf and resorts to shouting each and every syllable, there are "stewards" pretending to have our interests at heart when in fact all they do is play at being jobsworths, closing gates, stopping people standing in arbitrary places, and doing airport-style searches at the entrances to the extent of sniffing in flasks to see if we have been reckless enough to put a drop of Bells into the coffee.

The football has become a bland version of the premiership TV product but with the extra addition of incompetent referees, redundant linesmen, cheating players and play-acting managers. Visiting teams now seem to regularly bring their local dickhead population for a day out and just getting back to your car without incident is an exercise in camouflage the SAS would be proud of.
So you ask yourself, is it worth it? Well, it would be if we could play 90 minutes like the last 20 from yesterday and if the Manager would pick a team that looked like they all actually knew each other by name. Oh, and winning is also good but a rare event in these days of playing most of the game with our backs to the opposition goal and being apparently terrified of taking a player on.
Since the start of last season we have won 7 drawn 13 lost 10 that's the equivalent of the whole of a home season without winning a game. Since the 1st of January 2017 we have only won 10 home games and drawn or lost 30. Since the start of last season we have only scored 32 home goals, just over 1 per game. Even the Trafford Centre starts to look attractive by comparison.
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 16:49 - Oct 14 with 1862 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 21:51 - Oct 13 by TVOS1907

I'm not disputing what you say, 49th, but a lifelong fan would have seen much worse than being 16th in League One.

It sounds like an over-reactionary lack of perspective to me.

We've Probably have seen a lot worst but then again the budget was probably God knows how times than smaller than it is now.

God knows how many years I've been watching Rochdale now (Think it's 31 years) never seen defending like we have over the last 18 months, also bearing in mind Keith has probably got the biggest backroom staff the club has ever had as well.

So how can you call it an over reaction- when it's being going for 18+months, and for Keith to call them big hitters, is an insult to our fans.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 16:55]

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 17:23 - Oct 14 with 1803 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 16:49 - Oct 14 by Dale23years

We've Probably have seen a lot worst but then again the budget was probably God knows how times than smaller than it is now.

God knows how many years I've been watching Rochdale now (Think it's 31 years) never seen defending like we have over the last 18 months, also bearing in mind Keith has probably got the biggest backroom staff the club has ever had as well.

So how can you call it an over reaction- when it's being going for 18+months, and for Keith to call them big hitters, is an insult to our fans.

So why arenā€™t you called Dale31years?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 17:26 - Oct 14 with 1798 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 17:23 - Oct 14 by TVOS1907

So why arenā€™t you called Dale31years?

Probably cause I started posting on here when I supported rochdale for 23 years not rocket science is it.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 17:29 - Oct 14 with 1794 viewsMoonyDale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 13:45 - Oct 14 by nordenblue

Some perfect points well made 442, without dragging it up boringly again,it's easy to solve as there's clearly one constant in the majority of the petty personal squabbles on here...

To be fair NB there has to be more than one to have a squabble, although many have said i could argue in an empty house ive never managed it....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 17:37 - Oct 14 with 1773 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Wot....no "rate the players " today, Col? Or have I missed it?

Anyway, ........my tenpennoth........this game hinged on a couple of minutes on the hour mark. After Butler had banged in the header from the corner to make it 2-0,Dale started to gain the initiative building up to the penalty and Hendo doing the bizz....seconds later and MJ wallops a pile driver which even before a slight deflection was goalbound and Marosi had no right to save never mind hold onto....I was stood right behind it......if we had scored we would have had them wobbling even further and who knows what might have happened.

My point......,Small margins.
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:03 - Oct 14 with 1729 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 17:26 - Oct 14 by Dale23years

Probably cause I started posting on here when I supported rochdale for 23 years not rocket science is it.

Obviously not.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:44 - Oct 14 with 1682 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 16:08 - Oct 14 by 49thseason

Lack of perspective? We have over 120 seasons between us, we have seen more dross than any pair of football supporters should ever be subjected to, but to be honest, it always used to be fun and unpredictable, now the fun has gone and it has become all too predictable. Thank God the prices have tumbled because of the season tickets, can you imagine how many there would be on the ground if everyone was being asked for Ā£17 a game?
We have to shout at one another at halftime because the local disc joker is obviously deaf and resorts to shouting each and every syllable, there are "stewards" pretending to have our interests at heart when in fact all they do is play at being jobsworths, closing gates, stopping people standing in arbitrary places, and doing airport-style searches at the entrances to the extent of sniffing in flasks to see if we have been reckless enough to put a drop of Bells into the coffee.

The football has become a bland version of the premiership TV product but with the extra addition of incompetent referees, redundant linesmen, cheating players and play-acting managers. Visiting teams now seem to regularly bring their local dickhead population for a day out and just getting back to your car without incident is an exercise in camouflage the SAS would be proud of.
So you ask yourself, is it worth it? Well, it would be if we could play 90 minutes like the last 20 from yesterday and if the Manager would pick a team that looked like they all actually knew each other by name. Oh, and winning is also good but a rare event in these days of playing most of the game with our backs to the opposition goal and being apparently terrified of taking a player on.
Since the start of last season we have won 7 drawn 13 lost 10 that's the equivalent of the whole of a home season without winning a game. Since the 1st of January 2017 we have only won 10 home games and drawn or lost 30. Since the start of last season we have only scored 32 home goals, just over 1 per game. Even the Trafford Centre starts to look attractive by comparison.

Yes, lack of perspective, although I actually agree with a lot of things you say (especially those things outwith the action on the pitch), while disagreeing with others. That's the nature of a forum, though.

I must have misinterpreted your previous post as it read to me like your pal wasn't bothering anymore solely because of yesterday.

Yes, we lost and yes, it was a lot of the same old failings (especially in defence) we have seen for the last 18 months or so, but we certainly didn't "play most of the game with our backs to the opposition goal and being apparently terrified of taking a player on". We had 22 shots, according to the BBC stats, so we must have done some attacking...

Presumably - if I've understood your line about prices correctly - your mate has a season ticket, so surely he's still going to use it?

Obviously it's each to their own and everyone has a choice, but what kept you going in the past, say in the mid-1970s, for example? That's a genuine question as it's before my time and I'd be interested to know from people who were actually there.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 19:10 - Oct 14 with 1630 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 16:08 - Oct 14 by 49thseason

The last 20 mins?
Did you miss the first 45 mins?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 19:39 - Oct 14 with 1583 viewsMoonyDale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:44 - Oct 14 by TVOS1907

Yes, lack of perspective, although I actually agree with a lot of things you say (especially those things outwith the action on the pitch), while disagreeing with others. That's the nature of a forum, though.

I must have misinterpreted your previous post as it read to me like your pal wasn't bothering anymore solely because of yesterday.

Yes, we lost and yes, it was a lot of the same old failings (especially in defence) we have seen for the last 18 months or so, but we certainly didn't "play most of the game with our backs to the opposition goal and being apparently terrified of taking a player on". We had 22 shots, according to the BBC stats, so we must have done some attacking...

Presumably - if I've understood your line about prices correctly - your mate has a season ticket, so surely he's still going to use it?

Obviously it's each to their own and everyone has a choice, but what kept you going in the past, say in the mid-1970s, for example? That's a genuine question as it's before my time and I'd be interested to know from people who were actually there.

I know your question wasn't aimed at me but what kept me going in the mid 70s is genuinely a feeling of belonging to a club, could not wait for match day to come around and would have crawled over broken glass to be there. In the mid 70s I had little or no responsibilities though unlike today....There was no better feeling that seeing us win and nothing worse than a defeat of which there were many...I still hate losing today but I certainly don't have the same feeling of belonging to a club anymore....Maybe that's the problem with modern league football and it's not just a Dale thing...Maybe it's just my age, maybe i'm just a miserable sod...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 19:50 - Oct 14 with 1562 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 19:39 - Oct 14 by MoonyDale

I know your question wasn't aimed at me but what kept me going in the mid 70s is genuinely a feeling of belonging to a club, could not wait for match day to come around and would have crawled over broken glass to be there. In the mid 70s I had little or no responsibilities though unlike today....There was no better feeling that seeing us win and nothing worse than a defeat of which there were many...I still hate losing today but I certainly don't have the same feeling of belonging to a club anymore....Maybe that's the problem with modern league football and it's not just a Dale thing...Maybe it's just my age, maybe i'm just a miserable sod...

Cheers, I understand where you're coming from.

In a similar vein, I used to enjoy football more in the 1980s, be it at Spotland or on TV, than I do today. It was nowhere near as good as it is today, but it was more enjoyable, although that could just be misty-eyed nostalgia.

There are probably a multitude of other reasons that could fill a book, yet at no point has it ever crossed my mind to not go to the next game.

Like I said earlier, though, each to their own.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 19:51]

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 19:54 - Oct 14 with 1554 viewssweetcorn

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 16:49 - Oct 14 by Dale23years

You do realise that as our budget goes up, so does 90% of the teams who are in the league, iā€™d wager our standing in terms of budget size is a similar postion as back then..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:04 - Oct 14 with 1548 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 19:39 - Oct 14 by MoonyDale

A spot on post,I'd agree with most of that but to a lesser extent time wise. I started going in the early 90s and as shit as we were in the main there was a huge sense of belonging for me,when the defeats hurt more and the wins got celebrated more for me personally.

I also think the age of the internet hasn't helped either in a lot of ways us fans sometimes now can "know too much",I've felt recently the more I've known about happenings behind the scenes and other issues fans have had directly with the club again through reading places like this forum, I have genuinely now got to a stage where I can happily take it or leave going to the games.

At the minute the choice to throw Ā£25-Ā£30 to watch us currently fanny about with 4 million passes to then see the inevitable multiple goals conceded from a set piece is as certain as day turning into night

This also coincides for me with having 1 young child and another merely months old though,but I've honestly found the more I hear/know about plenty of modern footballers even at our level, all the drama that surrounds them etc I'd rather not be involved with all the bollox to be honest for the majority of the time too.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 20:06]
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:23 - Oct 14 with 1520 viewsscarrow

It's simple if you don't want to come to the games don't bother.

Was something deserved from the game yesterday? Without doubt. Were we the architects of our own downfall? Without doubt. Problem is that is too common a theme at the moment.

Poll: Final position

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:32 - Oct 14 with 1511 views442Dale

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:04 - Oct 14 by nordenblue

A spot on post,I'd agree with most of that but to a lesser extent time wise. I started going in the early 90s and as shit as we were in the main there was a huge sense of belonging for me,when the defeats hurt more and the wins got celebrated more for me personally.

I also think the age of the internet hasn't helped either in a lot of ways us fans sometimes now can "know too much",I've felt recently the more I've known about happenings behind the scenes and other issues fans have had directly with the club again through reading places like this forum, I have genuinely now got to a stage where I can happily take it or leave going to the games.

At the minute the choice to throw Ā£25-Ā£30 to watch us currently fanny about with 4 million passes to then see the inevitable multiple goals conceded from a set piece is as certain as day turning into night

This also coincides for me with having 1 young child and another merely months old though,but I've honestly found the more I hear/know about plenty of modern footballers even at our level, all the drama that surrounds them etc I'd rather not be involved with all the bollox to be honest for the majority of the time too.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 20:06]

Itā€™s very easy to say ā€œit was better in my dayā€ when talking to the younger generation (even though that day we refer to was 20-30 years ago and we arenā€™t that old), but I sort of get your point NB. The internet era has definitely evolved the game and maybe we do know too much now, it certainly creates more annoyance at times.

Life was simpler when the focus was a Saturday or a Tuesday night, make no mistake thatā€™s exactly how it used to be. That doesnā€™t mean we donā€™t enjoy seeing how well the club has done over the last decade and the football is light years better (even if the defending isnā€™t!), itā€™s that the world has changed and the focus for some of us isnā€™t what it once was. Even for those who I admire for travelling everywhere may agree that things were better in a different way in the 80s/90s, itā€™s like life/music/pubs/tv: we reminisce, sometimes in a way that paints a skewed picture of the reality then that we wish it was still the same.

Football itself has definitely changed and while the standard may be better, I can categorically say the game is nowhere near as enjoyable as it once was.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:37 - Oct 14 with 1489 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:32 - Oct 14 by 442Dale

Itā€™s very easy to say ā€œit was better in my dayā€ when talking to the younger generation (even though that day we refer to was 20-30 years ago and we arenā€™t that old), but I sort of get your point NB. The internet era has definitely evolved the game and maybe we do know too much now, it certainly creates more annoyance at times.

Life was simpler when the focus was a Saturday or a Tuesday night, make no mistake thatā€™s exactly how it used to be. That doesnā€™t mean we donā€™t enjoy seeing how well the club has done over the last decade and the football is light years better (even if the defending isnā€™t!), itā€™s that the world has changed and the focus for some of us isnā€™t what it once was. Even for those who I admire for travelling everywhere may agree that things were better in a different way in the 80s/90s, itā€™s like life/music/pubs/tv: we reminisce, sometimes in a way that paints a skewed picture of the reality then that we wish it was still the same.

Football itself has definitely changed and while the standard may be better, I can categorically say the game is nowhere near as enjoyable as it once was.

Such as classic TV football moments like this. Far better than anything Sky churn out. RIP Peter Brackley.

[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 20:38]

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 21:10 - Oct 14 with 1424 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 20:32 - Oct 14 by 442Dale

It is def a case of rose tints as you say it's the same with pubs,music etc, a big element of that is you don't really ever appreciate a lot of good things at the time and only when you look back you realise how good that specific time actually was.

Another point too the games evolved again very much away from a sport and into a massive money making industry that's swept the players along with it,great for them I'm guessing but you can't help but watch them again even down at our level and think... what a bunch of absolute self engrossed tossers,the hairstyles,the boots,the tattoos,jesus wept it's like an episode of Towie
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:20 - Oct 14 with 1318 views49thseason

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 18:44 - Oct 14 by TVOS1907

"we had 22 shots" Actually we had 7 on target and they had 6. The first half was, as usual, tipp- tappy neat football ... no end product. Probably enough chances to see the game off but ... we didn't take them and haven't taken enough chances for 2 seasons. Last season the defence did sort of OK and we were down at the bottom because we couldn't score enough goals, this year we are scoring fewer goals and conceding more!

We were playing at home for crying out loud. Tippy-tappy is fine, keep the ball don't let the opposition play with it, I understand that, but the same BBC says Doncaster had 51% of possession so what exactly is the point if tippy-tappy if it equals no goals? We actually scored twice when we chucked the ball into their penalty area and got some players there too. Playing without a six foot -plus striker at this level is a nonsense, Inman for Andrew is a poor swap at both ends of the pitch. Hill must have known the size of the Doncaster team and thought he might be able to play through them, to an extent it worked because there were undoubtedly chances created but if you don't take them, you don't win, and we aren't winning. The last time we won more than two games on the trot was between 10th of December 2016 and 2nd Jan 2017 when we won 5. Last season we won two games back to back twice!
Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:53 - Oct 14 with 1269 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:20 - Oct 14 by 49thseason

"we had 22 shots" Actually we had 7 on target and they had 6. The first half was, as usual, tipp- tappy neat football ... no end product. Probably enough chances to see the game off but ... we didn't take them and haven't taken enough chances for 2 seasons. Last season the defence did sort of OK and we were down at the bottom because we couldn't score enough goals, this year we are scoring fewer goals and conceding more!

We were playing at home for crying out loud. Tippy-tappy is fine, keep the ball don't let the opposition play with it, I understand that, but the same BBC says Doncaster had 51% of possession so what exactly is the point if tippy-tappy if it equals no goals? We actually scored twice when we chucked the ball into their penalty area and got some players there too. Playing without a six foot -plus striker at this level is a nonsense, Inman for Andrew is a poor swap at both ends of the pitch. Hill must have known the size of the Doncaster team and thought he might be able to play through them, to an extent it worked because there were undoubtedly chances created but if you don't take them, you don't win, and we aren't winning. The last time we won more than two games on the trot was between 10th of December 2016 and 2nd Jan 2017 when we won 5. Last season we won two games back to back twice!

I know, you've said before and I've seen all the games.

We aren't actually scoring fewer goals this season. We've scored four more league goals than after the same number of games last year. OK, it's only four more, but if we want to start being all statistical, it's a 33% increase.

You're right about the goals conceded, though, which nobody has even disputed as far as I can see. It's a massive worry that hasn't been addressed since Eastham left, in my opinion.

However, you suggested we didn't attack yesterday when the statistics prove otherwise. You never said anything about shots on target. [Quote: ...these days of playing most of the game with our backs to the opposition goal and being apparently terrified of taking a player on].

Or am I wrong in presuming you're meaning across the season as a whole, rather than after arguably the most attacking home display of the season? Apologies if so.

You have also just said "there were undoubtedly chances created", which contradicts us playing with our backs to goal and taking players on...

I did try to make some other fairly reasonable points and agree with a lot of what you said about the matchday experience (DJ, stewards, visiting hoodlums, etc), so I'm not sure why you're getting so irate about a difference of opinion elsewhere.

What about the other question I asked - what kept you going in the old days, given the 120 years you and your pal have between you?

For me, after I first went in 1982, I couldn't wait to go back again. I can't explain why, but I suppose it was new; it was exciting; I didn't have to wait for Match of the Day to see football; I could see players who had been on Match of the Day and in my sticker album; defeats were forgotten more quickly; as a teenager, life wasn't as serious; I had no commitments.... Hundreds of reasons really.

I always wish I had been there in the 1970s. Reading about it, I have no idea why as it sounded absolutely dreadful at times, but I regret not being born ten years earlier.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 23:02]

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:59 - Oct 14 with 1262 viewsShun

Match thread: Doncaster, home on 22:20 - Oct 14 by 49thseason

His point still stands, we had 22 shots yesterday, which in itself rubbishes your claim that we ā€˜played most of the game with our backs to goalā€™ and were ā€˜terrified to take an opposition player on.ā€™ Nobody who watched yesterday could agree with those statements.

You claim that weā€™re conceding more and scoring fewer than last year. That latter point (without being bothered to find a table from this time last year) seems highly unlikely. Weā€™re scoring a lot of goals (only two teams have stopped us scoring, and for one of those we had ten men for over half the game), and in Henderson we have the 4th highest scorer in the league. Weā€™re in a better position than last season and weā€™re undoubtedly playing better too. Entertainment is a subjective matter but personally Iā€™m finding games this season far more entertaining and exciting than some of the turgid, defensive performances we saw last season. Some problems have become magnified since last season but others have improved, and in more than a few games already this season weā€™ve seen glimpses of a return to Hillā€™s attacking ethos with the good football to match.

I posted this yesterday but Iā€™ll echo it now. We now sit in a position where weā€™ve played all of the top 8 bar Accrington, so we should have a few easier games coming up. We havenā€™t lost to anyone outside the top 7. Just for emphasis, everyone from position 8 to position 24 weā€™ve either beaten or drawn with. From that we can garner a couple of things. Firstly, weā€™ve been a tad unlucky to play all the top teams in the first quarter of the season, and secondly, weā€™re not good enough ourselves to be a top team - I think we all knew that anyway. If we carry on losing to just the top 7 then we can still have a damn good season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024