Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale v Shrewsbury 13:29 - Nov 17 with 24729 viewsSuddenLad

Live commentary on BBC Radio Matey.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:05 - Nov 17 with 2477 viewsBass1

Dale v Shrewsbury on 16:35 - Nov 17 by 442Dale

In 18 games we’ve conceded 3 or more EIGHT times.

Just to put things in perspective, in our promotion campaign in 1968/69, we conceded just 11 goals at home all season. Yes, ELEVEN goals at home ALL season.
Where do you think our current problems lie?

Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:08 - Nov 17 with 2466 viewsDaleFan7

Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:05 - Nov 17 by Bass1

Just to put things in perspective, in our promotion campaign in 1968/69, we conceded just 11 goals at home all season. Yes, ELEVEN goals at home ALL season.
Where do you think our current problems lie?

With the coaching staff.
Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:19 - Nov 17 with 2422 viewsJames1980

Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:08 - Nov 17 by DaleFan7

With the coaching staff.

How much is players not doing as they are told though?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:20 - Nov 17 with 2411 viewsscarrow

V poor today. First 43 minutes atrocious. Defensive suicide for the second goal yet again. Although Norman couldn't really do anything about the goals, I'd prefer any of Dale's other 3 keepers in the net ahead of him.

Poll: Final position

Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:26 - Nov 17 with 2379 viewsTVOS1907

Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:19 - Nov 17 by James1980

How much is players not doing as they are told though?

More like they aren't able to.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:28 - Nov 17 with 2369 viewsDaleiLama

Curious. I only tuned in at end of first half but comms very derogatory about Dale to that point. To any who went - did we play better to open second half due to a rocket up the @rse at HT or was there a formation change or ........

It is disturbing how seemingly fragile we have become when I would characterise Hilly's sides historically as robust.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:31 - Nov 17 with 2353 viewsBass1

Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:26 - Nov 17 by TVOS1907

Absolutely, they just aren't good enough.

Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:32 - Nov 17 with 2348 viewsJames1980

Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:26 - Nov 17 by TVOS1907

Is that a training, ability or attitude issue?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:34 - Nov 17 with 2339 views49thseason

It's not the fact of losing, after the first 20 or 30 seasons you get used to that, it's the reasons behind losing that cause the deepest hurt.
In the final analysis, a team is only as good as the sum of its parts and we are currently 3 points above the relegation zone. Of the new players this season, I am reasonably impressed with Dooley, I am pleased Hart is making an impression but for the rest... they add little to nothing. The manager can't seem to pick his best team because he doesn't know what it is. We are leaking goals and not scoring enough to compensate, it's not shambolic but there is clearly something amiss and it has been going on for 2 seasons now. If he doesn't know what the problems are, he should do. Or, he should be honest and simply admit that with crowds of 3000 it's getting harder to compete financially and a lower L1 existence is the best we can hope for.
We have become the new Oldham.
Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:35 - Nov 17 with 2336 viewsBass1

Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:32 - Nov 17 by James1980

All three.

Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:44 - Nov 17 with 2281 viewsscarrow

With the keeper crisis - where does Steve Collis fit into this, is he a strength or a weak link.

Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:44 - Nov 17 with 2280 viewsDaleFan7

I think our squad is good enough to be doing better than it is in this division. Then you've got other players like Adshead and Morely to add to the picture who I think are both easily good enough at this level.

Therefore for me its down to the coaching staff not getting the best out of the squad.
Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:56 - Nov 17 with 2214 viewsTVOS1907

Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:32 - Nov 17 by James1980

A bit of everything, possibly.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dale v Shrewsbury on 21:10 - Nov 17 with 2169 viewsD_Alien

It's possible that last season's great escape helped prolong a sense of something that might've been apparent for some time - that week in, week out, winning isn't the most important thing. I'm aware that might sound daft, but since our financial model has been built around developing talent to offset the relatively meagre income from our fanbase, i think it's become more about surviving rather than thriving in L1 whilst our younger players are provided with more experienced professionals in the squad to help bring them on

In that sense, i don't see that Hill is too concerned about fans expectations - including those fans who travel the length and breadth of the country to support Dale. And with the board apparently fully behind this model, who's prepared to try and change it?

The great escape possibly has the effect of him thinking we can do the same again should this way of conducting first team affairs lead to danger - and even if we dropped into L2 it wouldn't be of huge concern. Of course, along the way it'd be a bonus if something else clicked into place and we found ourselves riding high in the league again, but it seems to me that'd be more by accident than design

Am i bothered? I don't know, when we have occasions like the Spurs tie and the finale against Charlton to look back on; but be prepared for an uncomfortable experience during the bread and butter of the season

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dale v Shrewsbury on 21:24 - Nov 17 with 2119 viewsShun

Dale v Shrewsbury on 17:24 - Nov 17 by DaleFan7

As a defensive unit I think we have decent individual players. But conceding as often as we do is alarming and just screams to me that they're not being coached well enough.

I think that’s the main crux of one of our predominant problems. We know that, of the regular back 4, at least McGahey and Rafferty are certainly good enough to play regularly at this level, and Hart seems good enough to as well. And it’d be unfair to blame our defensive woes solely on Delaney, so clearly something’s going wrong in that individually our defenders aren’t bad players, but as a team we’re defending terribly. I’d have to agree with you that it sounds like it’s most likely a coaching issue.
Dale v Shrewsbury on 22:15 - Nov 17 with 1984 viewssoulboy

Dale v Shrewsbury on 21:24 - Nov 17 by Shun

I think that’s the main crux of one of our predominant problems. We know that, of the regular back 4, at least McGahey and Rafferty are certainly good enough to play regularly at this level, and Hart seems good enough to as well. And it’d be unfair to blame our defensive woes solely on Delaney, so clearly something’s going wrong in that individually our defenders aren’t bad players, but as a team we’re defending terribly. I’d have to agree with you that it sounds like it’s most likely a coaching issue.

I think the problem lies mainly in midfield. Sadly, Camps is very inconsistent, Perkins hasnt only lost his pace but seems to struggle to control the ball when under any pressure from the opposition. Inman, when back tracking rarely wins a 60/40 let alone a 50/50 and Williams is anonymous for large parts of the game, all of which mean the defence are having to defend situations which have arisen largely out of our own making. In my opinion, picking Rathbone and Cannon when fit will go a considerable way to solving the problem.
Dale v Shrewsbury on 22:20 - Nov 17 with 1969 views49thseason

We need a "ratter" in front of the back four, a Shaun Reid, Cavanagh, Dawson sort of player who can smell trouble and stop it. It's a pity Keane never seemed quite as good after his injury and lay off but the need for someone of his sort is evident. I imagine Perkins was brought in for the job, unfortunately, he doesn't seem up to it these days and when Camps plays there he is clearly out of position. its a problem that needs a solution quickly.
Dale v Shrewsbury on 22:28 - Nov 17 with 1945 viewsNewbury_Dale

What was the formation today please ?
Dale v Shrewsbury on 22:30 - Nov 17 with 1931 viewsscarrow

Dale v Shrewsbury on 22:15 - Nov 17 by soulboy

I think the problem lies mainly in midfield. Sadly, Camps is very inconsistent, Perkins hasnt only lost his pace but seems to struggle to control the ball when under any pressure from the opposition. Inman, when back tracking rarely wins a 60/40 let alone a 50/50 and Williams is anonymous for large parts of the game, all of which mean the defence are having to defend situations which have arisen largely out of our own making. In my opinion, picking Rathbone and Cannon when fit will go a considerable way to solving the problem.

Henderson was dreadful in midfield today.

Dale v Shrewsbury on 23:03 - Nov 17 with 1854 views442Dale

Dale v Shrewsbury on 22:30 - Nov 17 by scarrow

Henderson was dreadful in midfield today.

He’s very average when he’s there and it’s to his credit that it doesn’t affect him when he goes back up front.

Nothing changes in this situation so there’s nothing the manager or player can say which will make a difference. He either plays in his best position or the team suffers, up to them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale v Shrewsbury on 23:11 - Nov 17 with 1834 viewsscarrow

Dale v Shrewsbury on 22:28 - Nov 17 by Newbury_Dale

What was the formation today please ?

4123 or 4132

Couldn't quite work out whether Inman was meant to be up front or in midfield with Henderson and Dooley.

Norman
Raff, del, mcg, Hart
Camps
Dooley, Henderson, Inman (?)
Andrew, Williams Inman (?)

Dale v Shrewsbury on 23:12 - Nov 17 with 1833 viewschalky_ncfc

Dale v Shrewsbury on 17:25 - Nov 17 by Sandyman

After looking at the League 2 table, I think Chalky might...

We are in trouble,big trouble,I'm already starting to fear relegation,today's game was the worst that I had seen them play this season and that's saying something,I've got no idea who gonna take charge of Notts no hopers but they're gonna need a hell of a lot of luck and anti depressants

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Dale v Shrewsbury on 23:18 - Nov 17 with 1818 viewsNewbury_Dale

Dale v Shrewsbury on 23:11 - Nov 17 by scarrow

4123 or 4132

Couldn't quite work out whether Inman was meant to be up front or in midfield with Henderson and Dooley.

Norman
Raff, del, mcg, Hart
Camps
Dooley, Henderson, Inman (?)
Andrew, Williams Inman (?)

Where does that formation provide any cover for the fullbacks ?
Dale v Shrewsbury on 23:52 - Nov 17 with 1743 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dale v Shrewsbury on 21:24 - Nov 17 by Shun

....and that's not mentioning the goal-keeper shambles. Is there a lack of trust?
Dale v Shrewsbury on 23:53 - Nov 17 with 1742 viewstony_roch975

Dale v Shrewsbury on 20:34 - Nov 17 by 49thseason

It's not the fact of losing, after the first 20 or 30 seasons you get used to that, it's the reasons behind losing that cause the deepest hurt.
In the final analysis, a team is only as good as the sum of its parts and we are currently 3 points above the relegation zone. Of the new players this season, I am reasonably impressed with Dooley, I am pleased Hart is making an impression but for the rest... they add little to nothing. The manager can't seem to pick his best team because he doesn't know what it is. We are leaking goals and not scoring enough to compensate, it's not shambolic but there is clearly something amiss and it has been going on for 2 seasons now. If he doesn't know what the problems are, he should do. Or, he should be honest and simply admit that with crowds of 3000 it's getting harder to compete financially and a lower L1 existence is the best we can hope for.
We have become the new Oldham.

But Hill's been saying exactly that for 2 years and when he does he gets slated on here for 'lacking ambition'.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024