Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale Pubs 18:38 - Dec 15 with 7753 viewsjoecooke

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/greater-man

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Rochdale Pubs on 18:49 - Dec 15 with 5788 viewsrochdale_ranger

The people that we are being replaced with don’t drink cask ales. The first boozer I ever went in (bowling green) now sells burkas.
Rochdale Pubs on 19:28 - Dec 15 with 5687 views49thseason

How dare you point out the Pachyderm in the Taproom?
Rochdale Pubs on 19:45 - Dec 15 with 5642 viewsArthurDaley

Its enough to make me weep into my pint of Wilsons bitter at 1/11p or mild at 1/8p.
Where we used to drink Cloverdale, Printers Arms or Mayfield. Just have a couple on a Saturday afternoon at the Flying Horse after Hockey now. £3-60 a pint. Its enough to make me cry in my pint of Carlsberg.

A large VAT Dave

Rochdale Pubs on 19:46 - Dec 15 with 5637 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Rochdale Pubs on 18:49 - Dec 15 by rochdale_ranger

The people that we are being replaced with don’t drink cask ales. The first boozer I ever went in (bowling green) now sells burkas.

And right across the road from that burka shop is....another glittery burka shop.
Rochdale Pubs on 20:05 - Dec 15 with 5594 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale Pubs on 18:49 - Dec 15 by rochdale_ranger

If you know it sells burkas, you must've been delving deep among the shelves because from the outside the only clothes on display are fashion items for Eid or weddings, some of them quite attractive, depending on taste of course

As for the pub article, it spells out exactly why there needed to be a cull of piss-stained spittle-ridden boozers and those that remain are much the better for it in every way, with mainly decent grub but more importantly a comfortable, smoke-free atmosphere where everyone is welcome (including lone females who simply want a quiet drink after work) and some fantastic beers on cask or other beverages if you prefer. I know what i prefer

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rochdale Pubs on 20:21 - Dec 15 with 5551 views49thseason

Rochdale Pubs on 20:05 - Dec 15 by D_Alien

If you know it sells burkas, you must've been delving deep among the shelves because from the outside the only clothes on display are fashion items for Eid or weddings, some of them quite attractive, depending on taste of course

As for the pub article, it spells out exactly why there needed to be a cull of piss-stained spittle-ridden boozers and those that remain are much the better for it in every way, with mainly decent grub but more importantly a comfortable, smoke-free atmosphere where everyone is welcome (including lone females who simply want a quiet drink after work) and some fantastic beers on cask or other beverages if you prefer. I know what i prefer

"I know what I prefer"... Babycham? Créme de Menthe?
Rochdale Pubs on 20:25 - Dec 15 with 5536 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale Pubs on 20:21 - Dec 15 by 49thseason

"I know what I prefer"... Babycham? Créme de Menthe?

Wobbly Bob

Rochdale Pubs on 20:41 - Dec 15 with 5486 viewsmingthemerciless

Rochdale Pubs on 19:46 - Dec 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

And right across the road from that burka shop is....another glittery burka shop.

Err, burkas aren't glittery.
Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale Pubs on 20:42 - Dec 15 with 5484 viewssince58

Rochdale Pubs on 20:25 - Dec 15 by D_Alien

Wobbly Bob

He used to sell the pink final outside the Robin Hood.
He only drank crème de meths.
Rochdale Pubs on 21:00 - Dec 15 with 5424 viewsDaley_Lama

With goals conceeded like today, I’m amazed more people aren’t drowning their sorrows in the pub.

Poll: DF in or out

Rochdale Pubs on 21:13 - Dec 15 with 5393 viewsrochdale_ranger

A burka would be a welcome prospect for yourself considering your forty stone legs. Don’t know how flattering it would be mind.
Rochdale Pubs on 21:15 - Dec 15 with 5385 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale Pubs on 21:13 - Dec 15 by rochdale_ranger

A burka would be a welcome prospect for yourself considering your forty stone legs. Don’t know how flattering it would be mind.

Ah, my bad... i thought it was about 40 stoned legs

Rochdale Pubs on 23:14 - Dec 15 with 5261 viewspioneer

Rochdale Pubs on 21:00 - Dec 15 by Daley_Lama

With goals conceeded like today, I’m amazed more people aren’t drowning their sorrows in the pub.

they are...its just that there are fewer of them whose sorrows need drowning.
Rochdale Pubs on 00:26 - Dec 16 with 5216 viewsrochdale_ranger

Rochdale Pubs on 21:15 - Dec 15 by D_Alien

Ah, my bad... i thought it was about 40 stoned legs

As a not to hostile riposte to one of your posts would you argue that all of the boozers along the spotland road were piss stained shitholes where females dare not venture. For they have all gone?
Rochdale Pubs on 07:19 - Dec 16 with 5154 viewssmaclad1

It's taken a while for the MEN to catch up with this story - the statistics came out weeks ago. The article below gives the story of an east Lancashire town with a similar demographic, and a far better analysis of the issues concerned..

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/dec/01/half-pubs-vanished-people-dont-
Rochdale Pubs on 07:39 - Dec 16 with 5149 viewsBartRowou

I'm not a massive drinker but if you can get four cans of big Stella from Morrisons for £5.50 and drink in comfort at home, why spend over £4.00 for one pint of same in a noisy, poorly-lit, draughty building where there's much more chance of getting your lights punched out/wallet nicked/a cold?
It's a similar story in the pie world but that's been covered on here recently.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Rochdale Pubs on 08:30 - Dec 16 with 5109 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale Pubs on 00:26 - Dec 16 by rochdale_ranger

As a not to hostile riposte to one of your posts would you argue that all of the boozers along the spotland road were piss stained shitholes where females dare not venture. For they have all gone?

I enjoyed drinking in them at the time, but have evolved since then

Rochdale Pubs on 09:12 - Dec 16 with 5072 viewsmingthemerciless

Rochdale Pubs on 07:19 - Dec 16 by smaclad1

It's taken a while for the MEN to catch up with this story - the statistics came out weeks ago. The article below gives the story of an east Lancashire town with a similar demographic, and a far better analysis of the issues concerned..

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/dec/01/half-pubs-vanished-people-dont-

That article spells it out. Regarding business rates I was talking to Simon who used to run The Baum in town a year or two back. He was complaining about the latest rise in business rates. I can't remember the exact figures now but the costs were jaw dropping.
Most people given the choice of a pint of Stella at £3.95 in a pub or 4 pints for £5.50 at home will vote with their feet.
Rochdale Pubs on 09:36 - Dec 16 with 5035 viewsrochdale_ranger

Rochdale Pubs on 08:30 - Dec 16 by D_Alien

I enjoyed drinking in them at the time, but have evolved since then

In fairness a lot of the boozers in town are dumps. The white lion, Yates, spread eagle, the mucky duck, the navigation, then the flower of the valley on Halifax road. It’s no wonder that they are going or gone.
Rochdale Pubs on 09:56 - Dec 16 with 4999 viewsmingthemerciless

Rochdale Pubs on 09:36 - Dec 16 by rochdale_ranger

In fairness a lot of the boozers in town are dumps. The white lion, Yates, spread eagle, the mucky duck, the navigation, then the flower of the valley on Halifax road. It’s no wonder that they are going or gone.

When did you last drink in town ? The Spread Eagle and The Navigation have been shut for ages. The old Yates stopped being Yates a while ago, it's changed it's name a few times since the Yates dats.
Rochdale Pubs on 10:26 - Dec 16 with 4970 viewsrochdaleriddler

Yep, a lot of the pubs that have closed were crap. It’s not just Muslims don’t use them, times have changed

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Rochdale Pubs on 17:05 - Dec 16 with 4841 viewsBFC1885

Eight pubs closed permanently on one estate, assuming Midd. is part of Rochdale?
Rochdale Pubs (n/t) on 19:37 - Dec 16 with 4744 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Rochdale Pubs on 20:41 - Dec 15 by mingthemerciless

Err, burkas aren't glittery.

[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 19:38]
Rochdale Pubs on 19:53 - Dec 16 with 4715 viewsforeverhopefulDale

The reduction of pubs in the Rochdale Area, like elsewhere has nowt to do with demographics, it’s down in the main to the amount of disposable income people have to spend in pubs, being a lot less, together with a higher than inflation rise in drinking costs in pubs, much down to the greed of breweries, since the 1980s.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Rochdale Pubs on 20:06 - Dec 16 with 4701 viewsDaleiLama

Rochdale Pubs on 19:53 - Dec 16 by foreverhopefulDale

The reduction of pubs in the Rochdale Area, like elsewhere has nowt to do with demographics, it’s down in the main to the amount of disposable income people have to spend in pubs, being a lot less, together with a higher than inflation rise in drinking costs in pubs, much down to the greed of breweries, since the 1980s.

Lets not forget the role HMRC plays in this either.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024