Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Building bridges and improving this forum. 22:46 - Jun 3 with 4457 viewskiwidale

As the Bury fiasco draws to its inevitable close there is a tremendous opportunity before us but we need to act fast before its too late. The scramble for bums on seats has never been as fierce. We are surrounded geographically by other clubs desperate for new fans, the emergence of a potential giant in Salford fc means we slip further and further down the pecking order. Come august there will be 2 to 3 thousand disenfranchised Bury fans looking for a new club to support. Now is not the time to Gloat publicly at least, rather now is the time for building bridges across Heywood. We need to show compassion to win their hearts and minds, laughing at them should only be done in private. The first step as a sign of goodwill should be the immediate reinstatement of PDIDDY on here, get him on board and the rest will follow. The potential to double our gates is obvious to a visionary like me so what I propose is a two pronged strategy that will benefit both the club and this forum.

A/ bring back PDIDDY.
B/ get rid of the clique.

I might get James to run a poll on it.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 23:38]

This is not the time for bickering.

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 22:53 - Jun 3 with 3501 viewsSuddenLad

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 23:28 - Jun 3 with 3453 views_Windydale

Feck the clique...I think the more the merrier, come and join us, you from down the road.

To ease the transition there are spaces for bury market stalls.

As you walk into the sandy end there could be a few food stalls like Harry muffin (baked stuff sausage rolls etc) or maybe the bottom end of the car park. Stripcheeze, Planet of the Crepes, Mrs Ogden tea rooms.

I'd try a bury black pudding and spam sandwich sold at the catering hut. Brown sauce.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 23:46]
Building bridges and improving this forum. on 23:35 - Jun 3 with 3430 viewskiwidale

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 23:28 - Jun 3 by _Windydale

Feck the clique...I think the more the merrier, come and join us, you from down the road.

To ease the transition there are spaces for bury market stalls.

As you walk into the sandy end there could be a few food stalls like Harry muffin (baked stuff sausage rolls etc) or maybe the bottom end of the car park. Stripcheeze, Planet of the Crepes, Mrs Ogden tea rooms.

I'd try a bury black pudding and spam sandwich sold at the catering hut. Brown sauce.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 23:46]

Black pudding and spam now there a winner how about tripe and spam on a muffin of course?
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 23:39]

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 23:45 - Jun 3 with 3414 views_Windydale

maybe.... but the word tripe puts me off. Probably cos it rhymes with shyte. One up from witicha grub.

hmm dunno...eating one of the first 3 stomachs of a cow. Although, if it tastes alright with a bit of red sauce and viginer.
Building bridges and improving this forum. on 23:49 - Jun 3 with 3403 viewskiwidale

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 23:45 - Jun 3 by _Windydale

maybe.... but the word tripe puts me off. Probably cos it rhymes with shyte. One up from witicha grub.

hmm dunno...eating one of the first 3 stomachs of a cow. Although, if it tastes alright with a bit of red sauce and viginer.

Its white vinegar by the way brown vinegar is for common folk... Tomato ketchup on tripe? now that is tripe.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 23:50]

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 03:53 - Jun 4 with 3317 viewsdownunder

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 22:53 - Jun 3 by SuddenLad

Will they be allowed to bring their own car parking space?
Building bridges and improving this forum. on 09:17 - Jun 4 with 3149 viewselectricblue

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 23:49 - Jun 3 by kiwidale

Its white vinegar by the way brown vinegar is for common folk... Tomato ketchup on tripe? now that is tripe.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 23:50]

Who the f@@k puts ketchup on tripe!!!!

That is well rough..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 09:24 - Jun 4 with 3127 viewskiwidale

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 09:17 - Jun 4 by electricblue

Who the f@@k puts ketchup on tripe!!!!

That is well rough..

If it takes ketchup to please Bury fans give it them they know all about tripe Day was feeding them tripe and milky bars for years they lapped it up.

Login to get fewer ads

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 10:53 - Jun 4 with 2972 viewsThacks_Rabbits

If We, god forbid, ever went to the wall, I would sooner watch the grass grow than watch bURY, and I think the vast majority feel the same.

I could never support another club, ever.

I like some clubs more than others, I guess we all do, but to even consider supporting someone else just would not happen.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 11:34 - Jun 4 with 2904 viewsDalenet

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 10:53 - Jun 4 by Thacks_Rabbits

If We, god forbid, ever went to the wall, I would sooner watch the grass grow than watch bURY, and I think the vast majority feel the same.

I could never support another club, ever.

I like some clubs more than others, I guess we all do, but to even consider supporting someone else just would not happen.

Agree. But shoudn't stop us from trying to do a marketing campaign - anybody with last seasons Bury season ticket can have ours at half price (off the full price) for next season. A few hundred extra bums will be welcome assuming only nice ones come along :)

But lets be honest. Miraculously we all know that Bury will fight another day - administration or not
Building bridges and improving this forum. on 11:38 - Jun 4 with 2891 views_Windydale

I think it's worth a try.

The dale roadshows currently at Morrison's, maybe next stop - bury's 'The Rock' to draft in a few lost souls with only car parking space to show for their bury years.

Pick up a few young fans who haven't been brainwashed with a club yet.
Building bridges and improving this forum. on 21:32 - Jun 4 with 2492 viewskiwidale

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 11:38 - Jun 4 by _Windydale

I think it's worth a try.

The dale roadshows currently at Morrison's, maybe next stop - bury's 'The Rock' to draft in a few lost souls with only car parking space to show for their bury years.

Pick up a few young fans who haven't been brainwashed with a club yet.

Being serious for a minute I think it would be crass to send the roadshow anywhere in bury given the plight of Bury fc. The roadshow crew would get what the deserve if they pulled a stunt like that. Any overtures to bury fans right now would be very foolish and in bad taste more likely to put them off than anything my OP was just mischief not to be taken serious I have nothing but sympathy for them sure they stood back and watched but what could the average fan do?

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 01:25 - Jun 5 with 2392 views_Windydale

Ye..i wasn't serious either and can sympathise with fans watching their club go down the pan.
. ..just a bit of gallows humour.

Road show staff would probably get a good kicking from the shay faithful if they turned up with with blue and white balloons.half dressed models in dale kit,.give-away merchandise, Sunderland commemorative cups etc
Building bridges and improving this forum. on 07:07 - Jun 5 with 2292 viewskiwidale

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 01:25 - Jun 5 by _Windydale

Ye..i wasn't serious either and can sympathise with fans watching their club go down the pan.
. ..just a bit of gallows humour.

Road show staff would probably get a good kicking from the shay faithful if they turned up with with blue and white balloons.half dressed models in dale kit,.give-away merchandise, Sunderland commemorative cups etc

correct Windy just gallows humour carry on

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 09:12 - Jun 5 with 2200 viewsJames1980

What would the options on the poll be?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 12:21 - Jun 5 with 2052 viewsCleedale

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 09:12 - Jun 5 by James1980

Think this could be the ever-so-slightest winding-up thread James...as opposed to a WuP.
Building bridges and improving this forum. on 12:31 - Jun 5 with 2027 viewsJames1980

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 12:21 - Jun 5 by Cleedale

Think this could be the ever-so-slightest winding-up thread James...as opposed to a WuP.

A wind up surely not

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 12:43 - Jun 5 with 2001 viewskiwidale

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 09:12 - Jun 5 by James1980

Take no notice James this is very serious the democracy of the forum is at stake and it needs more than a mere poll. What is required is two binding referendums. Referendum one should be reinstate PDIDDY a straight yes or no. The second referendum should be ban the clique yes or no. I vote yes for both. You and chalky should be some kind of commissioners only you and chalky can be said to be totally unbiased and not in the clique..
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 12:54]

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 13:06 - Jun 5 with 1951 viewschalky_ncfc

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 12:43 - Jun 5 by kiwidale

Take no notice James this is very serious the democracy of the forum is at stake and it needs more than a mere poll. What is required is two binding referendums. Referendum one should be reinstate PDIDDY a straight yes or no. The second referendum should be ban the clique yes or no. I vote yes for both. You and chalky should be some kind of commissioners only you and chalky can be said to be totally unbiased and not in the clique..

What this forum needs is a president with total power over what is written on here,his word must be final and be given control of the handing out of red cards,handed the job of the moderator etc,whilst I agree that James would be honest and fair he's not unbiased as he supports Dale,what you need is somebody who has the Rochdale forums best interest at heart but sees things as an outsider,somebody who understands football but has no connection to Rochdale,somebody who lives outside of the area so that they can't be influenced,support a team that's not a league club so there's no conflict of interests,if only I could think of somebody appropriate

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 13:24 - Jun 5 with 1918 views_Windydale

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 13:06 - Jun 5 by chalky_ncfc

What this forum needs is a president with total power over what is written on here,his word must be final and be given control of the handing out of red cards,handed the job of the moderator etc,whilst I agree that James would be honest and fair he's not unbiased as he supports Dale,what you need is somebody who has the Rochdale forums best interest at heart but sees things as an outsider,somebody who understands football but has no connection to Rochdale,somebody who lives outside of the area so that they can't be influenced,support a team that's not a league club so there's no conflict of interests,if only I could think of somebody appropriate

Rochdale_col was one of the fairest moderators around. Little bit passive and diplomatic in my view though as some of the lunatics used to take advantage of this.

Has he showed his @rse? Not sen him here for a while.
Building bridges and improving this forum. on 13:39 - Jun 5 with 1897 viewskel

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 13:24 - Jun 5 by _Windydale

Rochdale_col was one of the fairest moderators around. Little bit passive and diplomatic in my view though as some of the lunatics used to take advantage of this.

Has he showed his @rse? Not sen him here for a while.

He’s posted today.

I’d imagine he might be a bit busy juggling his full time job, chairing the Trust and running this site. Still, let’s accuse him of showing his arse though.
Building bridges and improving this forum. on 13:53 - Jun 5 with 1868 viewsD_Alien

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 13:39 - Jun 5 by kel

He’s posted today.

I’d imagine he might be a bit busy juggling his full time job, chairing the Trust and running this site. Still, let’s accuse him of showing his arse though.

That's what we're here for - the craic

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 13:54 - Jun 5 with 1865 viewsJames1980

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 12:43 - Jun 5 by kiwidale

Aren't referendums advisory? Also isn't there more than one clique are you calling for abolishing all cliques?

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 15:26 - Jun 5 with 1742 views442Dale

Can somebody shed some light on what positives this thread is trying to achieve or why any of this needs discussing?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 16:25 - Jun 5 with 1671 viewskel

Building bridges and improving this forum. on 13:53 - Jun 5 by D_Alien

That's what we're here for - the craic

Always thought it was “seen his arse” but I couldn’t be, erm, arsed correcting them.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 16:27]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024