Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wycombe Match 16:16 - Sep 27 with 12736 viewsboromat

Well after Man U it's been one rest day and one day prep before our game on Saturday. Considering the effort that went into Wednesday night what team are we expecting or hoping for?

I'm hoping we have some good news on the injury front.

Sanchez
McLaughlin
O'Connell
McNulty
Norrington-Davies
MJ
Ryan
Morley
Done
Camps
Pyke

Think I'd freshen it up as much as possible. I wouldn't normally leave Hendo out but he's been off recently and could maybe needs a rest.

Well it's on. Baah the scholar from palace on the bench.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 14:08]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Wycombe Match on 20:00 - Sep 28 with 2096 viewsFalingeParka

Wycombe Match on 19:55 - Sep 28 by soulboy

There doesn't appear to be any urgency in the side. 1 0 down and it was the same slow build up from the back as it was from the kick off which, if anything, went even slower in the second half. Three forwards on at the start but apart from Hendos shot straight at the keeper and JMs effort of the bar it was like watching paint dry. I'm baffled, as others have said, why there weren't a couple of changes at half time to try and liven things up a bit. Tavares must have been on 20 mins before he even got a kick, i'm afraid the lad is nowhere near ready for the first team yet. The sooner O Connell is back the better, JM and MJW are not a good combination at the back. At least a point next week is paramount as we go into a run of homes games where we should be picking points up.

So, essentially, you are demanding O'Connell be fit. And that Tavares be ready beyond his years. And that you demand a point next week. Great!

ColonelHall

Wycombe Match on 20:01 - Sep 28 with 2087 viewssoulboy

Wycombe Match on 20:00 - Sep 28 by FalingeParka

So, essentially, you are demanding O'Connell be fit. And that Tavares be ready beyond his years. And that you demand a point next week. Great!

Read my post again I said nothing of the sort.
Wycombe Match on 20:03 - Sep 28 with 2079 viewsCleedale

Wycombe Match on 19:08 - Sep 28 by Thacks_Rabbits

It’s ok playing a target man wide, if he holds the ball up, lays it back to an attacking wing back, and has the pace to get into the box to provide an end product, Peter V did this to great effect.

The problem is alby can get there in 3 seconds for the cross and Calvin is about as much of a threat as the Green Party’s nuclear policy. Playing 1 lump as a wide target can work, but 2 is crazy!

Thanks Thacks - your last para lightened the mood on a very dreary evening.

Funnily enough I was thinking about Vincenti being used in those wide positions - some of his headers created all sorts of havoc as they tended to be so powerful, aggressive and opened up space; perhaps the type of player we're presently missing?
Wycombe Match on 20:20 - Sep 28 with 1992 viewsdownunder

Crazy stats for this game. Compared with Wednesday we are better without the ball
How many people attended? Or did the weather make a mess of that opportunity?

(Edit...just seen the it on the other thread)
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 20:28]
Wycombe Match on 20:23 - Sep 28 with 1975 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Wycombe Match on 20:03 - Sep 28 by Cleedale

Thanks Thacks - your last para lightened the mood on a very dreary evening.

Funnily enough I was thinking about Vincenti being used in those wide positions - some of his headers created all sorts of havoc as they tended to be so powerful, aggressive and opened up space; perhaps the type of player we're presently missing?

PV was hugely effective but eventually became less effective as he slowed, I think he was younger than Calvin and certainly younger than Alby when he was released.

Alby is a target man who will score 1 in 4, and be a pain, Calvin is essentially the same but has never played at the same level really and will score near 1 in 10.

I long since gave up working stuff out fully but we still have a club, so let’s just have a smile together, it could be worse 👍

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Wycombe Match on 21:35 - Sep 28 with 1772 viewsEllDale

I would suggest that one injury to a key player in O’Connell has disrupted the balance of the entire team.
No replacement so MJW has to move back.
Ryan is still off the pace after a long layoff and Camps can’t play as a number 10 in the formation we adopted today.
I think we’re lucky that three teams are going down and not four but we needn’t be one of them.
Wycombe Match on 00:02 - Sep 29 with 1599 viewsShun

Anyone know anything about Baah who was on the bench today?

Inb4 he’s the black sheep of the squad or he’s a dyed in the wool Dale fan.
Wycombe Match on 00:18 - Sep 29 with 1558 viewsD_Alien

Wycombe Match on 00:02 - Sep 29 by Shun

Anyone know anything about Baah who was on the bench today?

Inb4 he’s the black sheep of the squad or he’s a dyed in the wool Dale fan.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/september/kwadwo-baah_scholarship/

Signed from Crystal Palace

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Wycombe Match on 09:22 - Sep 29 with 1333 viewsSandyman

A stinker of a day at the office. No home wins in 5 league games is now concerning, and being so shot shy needs looking at.
Compare and contrast:

Sunderland - home defeat - everyone stayed until the end and applauded the players off after a magnificent effort.
Wycombe - home defeat - supporters drifted away disappointed after a very poor effort by most of the players.

Wycombe finished one place below Dale last season and now sit in 2nd spot by being simple and very effective.The Dale's passing play is all well and good, but without the accompaniment of other players moving forward into progressive positions (e.g. THAT goal v Southend) it achieves little. Over to you BBM.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024