Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Beech 11:57 - Nov 26 with 4739 viewsjacko_dale

New head coach at Carlisle. Didn't see that one coming!
Chris Beech on 12:01 - Nov 26 with 4726 viewsDareToCalvin

Good luck to him, can't see him being a good manager but a better coach but hope he does well; was a superb servant for us.
Chris Beech on 12:25 - Nov 26 with 4640 viewsIOMDale

Good luck to him but Carlisle fans don't seem overly enthused:

https://www.thecumbrians.net/cufc-forum/main-forum/10986-chris-beech-confirmed-a
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 12:26]

UTDNFS

Chris Beech on 12:45 - Nov 26 with 4586 viewsboromat

I can see why they feel like that. He struggled when given the job temporarily here but that had a lot to do with the players given to him. His signings in that January on paper sounded great but they just didn't pay off. I feel like he probably struggled to move from coach to manager within the same squad. Maybe coming in fresh to the club will give him a better grounding to build on and get his managerial career started. All the best to him, he's loyal and has been kept around by quite a few managers that have come and gone so is obviously highly thought of.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Chris Beech on 12:52 - Nov 26 with 4565 viewsgriff

As an Carlisle fan I’m underwhelmed. He’s inherited mainly dross at our spot and you know what they say, you can’t polish a turd. Oh, also we’re skint. The National League looms.
Chris Beech on 13:05 - Nov 26 with 4525 viewsAncoats_Blue

Timely, I was wondering where he'd ended up after Hill hooked back up with Flickers.
Didn't really get a proper run as #1 here in his caretaker spell so it'll be interesting to see how this pans out. Good luck to him though, always came across well.
Chris Beech on 13:06 - Nov 26 with 4516 viewsdavidab2202

Chris Beech on 12:52 - Nov 26 by griff

As an Carlisle fan I’m underwhelmed. He’s inherited mainly dross at our spot and you know what they say, you can’t polish a turd. Oh, also we’re skint. The National League looms.

Sounds about as positive as many of us Dale fans feel at the moment.
Chris Beech on 17:32 - Nov 26 with 4302 viewsYouTubeDale

It's OK, apparently he single handidly made Rochdale £25 million in transfer fees according to the article on the official site and then replaced the players that had been sold under the budget, even though he wasn't actually the manager.....

The above copied from the Carlisle Forum....what, £25M. !!!!!!!

Where’s that sofa, that money must be somewhere...

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Chris Beech on 18:36 - Nov 26 with 4176 viewsgriff

I wouldn’t believe a word that comes out of the official side of our Club. It’s all designed to justify their decision to appoint a new Manager with no previous track record at keeping Clubs from going down the drain. Smoke and mirrors, and I expect that Beech will be cheap, another of their requirements as we’re skint.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Beech on 18:57 - Nov 26 with 4121 viewsblackdogblue

Chris Beech on 17:32 - Nov 26 by YouTubeDale

It's OK, apparently he single handidly made Rochdale £25 million in transfer fees according to the article on the official site and then replaced the players that had been sold under the budget, even though he wasn't actually the manager.....

Kim Jung Hills Bonus payment probably..

On Chris, really nice guy on the occasions I met him, it’s the same as BBM, they need a chance in the big chair like Captain of the Enterprise, they will either do well with the money / team they have or the Klingons will destroy them 😀

Best of luck to him 👍

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Chris Beech on 19:26 - Nov 26 with 4070 viewsAtThePeake

Chris Beech on 17:32 - Nov 26 by YouTubeDale

We need it to cover the lost gate money from the Bury game.

Tangled up in blue.

Chris Beech on 20:12 - Nov 26 with 3977 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Can we now assume that Dale have paid him off completely...or is he still on the payroll here under compensation?

The pair of them cost us a fortune....that we didn't have.
Chris Beech on 20:33 - Nov 28 with 3422 viewsBrierls

Chris Beech on 20:12 - Nov 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

Can we now assume that Dale have paid him off completely...or is he still on the payroll here under compensation?

The pair of them cost us a fortune....that we didn't have.

The pair of them cost us a fortune because they were entitled to the compensation.

For what it’s worth, Hilly was said to be very amenable with regard to payment terms to help the club, Beechy not so much.

I’m glad they’ve both found work elsewhere. It can’t be anything other than good news for Dale as far as the £££ are concerned.

I’m gobsmacked that Beechy has landed the Carlisle job. Fair play to him.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 20:34]
Chris Beech on 20:37 - Nov 28 with 3405 views442Dale

Chris Beech on 20:33 - Nov 28 by Brierls

The pair of them cost us a fortune because they were entitled to the compensation.

For what it’s worth, Hilly was said to be very amenable with regard to payment terms to help the club, Beechy not so much.

I’m glad they’ve both found work elsewhere. It can’t be anything other than good news for Dale as far as the £££ are concerned.

I’m gobsmacked that Beechy has landed the Carlisle job. Fair play to him.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 20:34]

Where was it disclosed how much it was and the situation around the payment terms?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chris Beech on 20:49 - Nov 28 with 3374 viewsBrierls

Chris Beech on 20:37 - Nov 28 by 442Dale

Where was it disclosed how much it was and the situation around the payment terms?

It wasn’t. It may become clear on the next set of accounts.

I was quoting YD on the “fortune”. Given the length of the contracts, I think it’s fair to say the cost to the club was considerable.

The compensation terms was something that I heard. Nothing more, nothing less. I’m probably not the first person to mention it.

I didn’t think it was necessary to add disclaimers to a post.
Chris Beech on 21:02 - Nov 28 with 3333 viewsseasidedale

Beech got paid full pay for 6 months and the use of his car, this stopped in August, know this as fact (family friend), don’t know if he got lump some as well but doubt it. hIll I suspect cost us a bit more
Chris Beech on 21:11 - Nov 28 with 3293 viewsTVOS1907

Chris Beech on 20:49 - Nov 28 by Brierls

It wasn’t. It may become clear on the next set of accounts.

I was quoting YD on the “fortune”. Given the length of the contracts, I think it’s fair to say the cost to the club was considerable.

The compensation terms was something that I heard. Nothing more, nothing less. I’m probably not the first person to mention it.

I didn’t think it was necessary to add disclaimers to a post.

Nobody else has mentioned it, tbf.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Chris Beech on 21:13 - Nov 28 with 3289 viewsSuddenLad

Chris Beech on 21:02 - Nov 28 by seasidedale

Beech got paid full pay for 6 months and the use of his car, this stopped in August, know this as fact (family friend), don’t know if he got lump some as well but doubt it. hIll I suspect cost us a bit more

Exactly what I was told. Anyway, good luck to him. He must have impressed the Carlisle people, if not their fans.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Chris Beech on 13:45 - Nov 29 with 3079 viewsCockneyDale

There's an interesting piece in The Athletic today by an anonymous club owner about what happens when a manager is sacked. It's apparently usual to pay people only up until they find a new job, no matter if there's years left on the deal and they find a job in 7/8 months, as Hill (roughly) did. So if this applies to Hill's contract too, then although it clearly cost us money, it may not have been as astronomical as paying up the remainder of their contract.

There was also interesting mention of clever contract clauses, like being able to fire someone for cheaper if the team's position in the table was below a certain point.
Chris Beech on 13:49 - Nov 29 with 3063 viewsD_Alien

Chris Beech on 13:45 - Nov 29 by CockneyDale

There's an interesting piece in The Athletic today by an anonymous club owner about what happens when a manager is sacked. It's apparently usual to pay people only up until they find a new job, no matter if there's years left on the deal and they find a job in 7/8 months, as Hill (roughly) did. So if this applies to Hill's contract too, then although it clearly cost us money, it may not have been as astronomical as paying up the remainder of their contract.

There was also interesting mention of clever contract clauses, like being able to fire someone for cheaper if the team's position in the table was below a certain point.

That latter inclusion in a contract could well have club chairmen hoping for a defeat to reduce the payout!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chris Beech on 13:52 - Nov 29 with 3056 viewsCockneyDale

Chris Beech on 13:49 - Nov 29 by D_Alien

That latter inclusion in a contract could well have club chairmen hoping for a defeat to reduce the payout!

True! But also could motivate managers who are near the end to continue to try
Chris Beech on 12:20 - Dec 22 with 2624 viewsfitzochris

Looking for anything to distract me from the fact we’re poor just now, I notice Carlisle lost again.

It got me thinking about Beech’s record. Has he ever won a game where he has been in charge? He hasn’t while at Carlisle so far and he certainly didn’t when he was with us, from what I can recall.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Chris Beech on 12:28 - Dec 22 with 2606 viewsTVOS1907

Chris Beech on 12:20 - Dec 22 by fitzochris

Looking for anything to distract me from the fact we’re poor just now, I notice Carlisle lost again.

It got me thinking about Beech’s record. Has he ever won a game where he has been in charge? He hasn’t while at Carlisle so far and he certainly didn’t when he was with us, from what I can recall.

He won their FA Cup replay v Forest Green the other week.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Chris Beech on 12:39 - Dec 22 with 2580 viewsfitzochris

Chris Beech on 12:28 - Dec 22 by TVOS1907

He won their FA Cup replay v Forest Green the other week.

True. I was just looking at the league record tbf.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024