Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale 15:20 - Jan 27 with 19285 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: MK Dons vs Dale 27th Jan 2020 15:15
Dale face a huge fixture against relegation strugglers Milton Keynes on Tuesday night as they look to create some breathing space towards the bottom of the League One table. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:04 - Jan 28 with 2046 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 21:57 - Jan 28 by todmordendale

We just can’t get it forward. For 2 seasons we have been pxssing about at the back and losing games.
Everyone sees this and it is obviously wrong. Yet for some reason unbeknown to us all, they persist in the same foolhardy tactics.
When will you wake up BBM.

As said many time it's now the "fashionable" way to play now, and while they all go to the same coaching schools I dare say it will be here for a while, all about possession now.

Steve Eyre for all his faults described it all pretty well recently while commenting on BBC radio BOLTON, he mentioned how some teams like to set out as a solid platform and then introduce more pace later on,rather than go all guns blazing then shut up shop.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:05 - Jan 28 with 2033 viewsD_Alien

Next Saturday suddenly becomes a must-win game

Followed by two tough away fixtures, then an absolute crunch fixture against Tranmere

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:05 - Jan 28 with 2039 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 21:52 - Jan 28 by KenBoon

Edged the first half. Second best for most of the second. Inevitable ending. No injury crisis now, just a poor side. Even if we avoid relegation this season (a massive if) I don't see anything but relegation next.

Especially if we can't keep Henderson, which I'm starting to think is getting more and more unlikely.

Our top goalscorer without him is Camps with 6 league goals which is more than his average over a season in the league since he became a regular in the side.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:05 - Jan 28 with 2038 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 21:56 - Jan 28 by IOMDale

I’d love the management to stick a rocket up the squad but I suspect they’ll be pleased with a lot of what we did... again.

We don't know that behind closed doors they don't get a rocket. And if there were positive passages of play why not highlight those to players and reinforce those behaviours?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:06 - Jan 28 with 2011 viewsDelboy

We seem to be incapable of holding a lead and unable to open up a two goal lead in a game. This means that every match we play is going to be on a knife edge. When we are in front or level and the opposition are pushing we are too brittle mentally and physically to withstand the pressure. Like it or not we are in as much as a dogfight as we were last season despite the fact that we appear to be in a better position than we were then. The points we have in hand will quickly fritter away if we continue to produce performances that disintegrate like so many seem to do this season.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:08 - Jan 28 with 1985 viewsboromat

We're looking better now we've got a proper squad. First half we managed the game really well, well organised without the ball and scored one of the 3 chances we had. Second half they predictably came out fighting, equalised and then the end to end open game after that was ridiculous. Could have gone either way a draw would have felt fair. But it was entertaining as well as slightly disappointing in the end.

Looking forward to the rest of the season. Dooley looked better today, McNulty was great, another good cameo for Done aswell.

Would like to see Wilbraham start instead of Smith.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:08 - Jan 28 with 1980 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 21:49 - Jan 28 by SuddenLad

We've lost 23 points from winning positions this season (according to Sky)

Even if you go just below half of that to 11 then we'd be 11th! Just shows how much we really are the architects of our own downfall.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:08 - Jan 28 with 1975 viewsKenBoon

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:01 - Jan 28 by 1907

No but in the last three games Wycombe scored from a cross Sanchez would have caught, we’ve the conceded from two garbage corners, being bullied in our own six yard box when again Sanchez would have just come and claimed the ball.

Lynch is definitely not a viable long term number one.

tbf Sanchez is about 11 foot tall so he can bully everyone else in the area.
Those goals aren't all down to the goalkeeper. It's awfully defended in general. It's funny because there will be loads of fouls going on in there since blocking without playing the ball is a foul, but to win the foul someone needs to fall over. The two recent corner goals have passed a lot of Rochdale defender's before the player gets a tap in.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:09 - Jan 28 with 1952 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:08 - Jan 28 by KenBoon

Those goals aren't all down to the goalkeeper. It's awfully defended in general. It's funny because there will be loads of fouls going on in there since blocking without playing the ball is a foul, but to win the foul someone needs to fall over. The two recent corner goals have passed a lot of Rochdale defender's before the player gets a tap in.

Tbf he has presence too. Lynch is more De Gea aerially.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:10 - Jan 28 with 1933 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:08 - Jan 28 by KenBoon

Wouldn't matter if Lynch was that tall either, he's glued to his line whenever a ball comes across the box.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 22:10]
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:13 - Jan 28 with 1853 viewsKenBoon

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:10 - Jan 28 by DaleFan7

Wouldn't matter if Lynch was that tall either, he's glued to his line whenever a ball comes across the box.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 22:10]

He's blocked in. Sanchez just walks through them because he's much taller. My point is the defenders can stop that happening, but for whatever reason they don't plan for it and allow it to happen.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:14 - Jan 28 with 1834 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:13 - Jan 28 by KenBoon

He's blocked in. Sanchez just walks through them because he's much taller. My point is the defenders can stop that happening, but for whatever reason they don't plan for it and allow it to happen.

I'd go along that line of thinking if it was just corners he's glued to his line for but it's not. It's any type of ball across the box.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:14 - Jan 28 with 1829 viewsShun

I was genuinely excited by BBM at the start of the season. We were playing some magnificent football, the best in about 6 years, and he’d had success in the transfer window. Even when our form dropped off I still had faith in him because it was clear what he was trying to do and the football was still pretty good, and we were hampered by a freakish injury crisis.

Now though, I’ve pretty much lost all faith in him. He just doesn’t seem capable of turning this around. He never tries anything different.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:15 - Jan 28 with 1819 viewssweetcorn

Ship as much of this side out as is humanly possible in the summer and try and have a rebuild.

I've been banging this same drum for the past 2 years, the majority of this side aren't up to the task.

I still trust BBM to carry out a rebuild of this squad, most of his signings have been good and have added to the squad, so he's obviously got an eye for a player.

Think we'll stay up, just.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:17 - Jan 28 with 1777 views49thseason

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 21:51 - Jan 28 by RotherhamDale

We're extremely lucky that Bolton had points taken off them, and that Southend are horrific. If they were half decent we'd be in serious trouble (We're not far off now)

There is no real confidence in this side and this transfer window should have seen the start of the clear-out at least with a couple of new faces to add to the squad and I dont mean another kid .
Games are coming thick and fast and no one seems to know know what the best team is or what the best tactics are. This whole squad is short (literally) of the basic requirements to compete in this division, no pace, no athleticism, too much tippy tap not enough drive and determination, individually there are some decent players, but there is no enforcer, no leader. They have bought the mantra "help the kids" but forgotten how to win. The whole squad knows about last-minute penalties after Matheson's mistake 2 games ago, to do it again is unforgivable.

Its time to stop these 45-minute appearances and 75-minute appearances too, either they are fit or they aren't, if McNulty couldn't do 95 minutes leave him at home until he can. Did the manager serious think playing McNulty ahead of McShane tonight against eminently beatable opposition was a good idea?
Does he really think Done has anything to offer? I sense we are in the ever-deepening brown stuff unless someone grows a pair and starts to put some backbone into this team.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:19 - Jan 28 with 1750 viewssweetcorn

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:14 - Jan 28 by Shun

I was genuinely excited by BBM at the start of the season. We were playing some magnificent football, the best in about 6 years, and he’d had success in the transfer window. Even when our form dropped off I still had faith in him because it was clear what he was trying to do and the football was still pretty good, and we were hampered by a freakish injury crisis.

Now though, I’ve pretty much lost all faith in him. He just doesn’t seem capable of turning this around. He never tries anything different.

In reality, what can he do to try something different? Half our bench is made up of kids who've barely made it through puberty, never mind being up to adult football.

I don't think BBM is getting a proper crack of the whip, he's barely been able to sign any players and is probably working on the smallest budget we've had for some time.

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:19 - Jan 28 with 1744 viewsfinberty

Having watched his ineffectual mincing around on Saturday, as some form of 'defensive midfielder' I was mighty surprised to see one MJW in a starting berth.

Also, the definition of insanity is to keep trying the same thing over and over again whilst expecting a different result. For a practical example of this, watch the Dale backline farting about aimlessly with the ball, openly inviting pressure that they are manifestly ill-equipped to deal with.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:22 - Jan 28 with 1696 viewssweetcorn

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 21:51 - Jan 28 by RotherhamDale

We're extremely lucky that Bolton had points taken off them, and that Southend are horrific. If they were half decent we'd be in serious trouble (We're not far off now)

Bolton would still be 9 points behind us with their 12 added on, stop talking shit.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 22:23]

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:24 - Jan 28 with 1668 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:05 - Jan 28 by D_Alien

Next Saturday suddenly becomes a must-win game

Followed by two tough away fixtures, then an absolute crunch fixture against Tranmere

Let's hope Shrewsbury have one eye on Anfield - that could be our only hope.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:26 - Jan 28 with 1633 viewsIOMDale

Let’s not pretend BBM has had detractors all season. Very few were knocking BBM when we had the youth club on the bench. Wilbraham and McLaughlin should start for me if fit.

However, I definitely agree with Sweetcorn that BBM needs more time. The fact that we’ve done nowt this window aside from sign (another) kid, however promising, suggests one of two things:

- That we’re hoping to muddle through the season and stay up, ready for a summer of change

Or, more worryingly:

- That we haven’t got a pot to piss in, even after all the money generated from the cup runs and sell-on clauses.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 22:29]

UTDNFS

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:29 - Jan 28 with 1597 views442Dale

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:26 - Jan 28 by IOMDale

Let’s not pretend BBM has had detractors all season. Very few were knocking BBM when we had the youth club on the bench. Wilbraham and McLaughlin should start for me if fit.

However, I definitely agree with Sweetcorn that BBM needs more time. The fact that we’ve done nowt this window aside from sign (another) kid, however promising, suggests one of two things:

- That we’re hoping to muddle through the season and stay up, ready for a summer of change

Or, more worryingly:

- That we haven’t got a pot to piss in, even after all the money generated from the cup runs and sell-on clauses.

If we’d got a result tonight, would have fully expected the “happy with the squad, everyone coming back from injury” line.

This is a big two days for the club. Shift some out, get in some substance.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:30 - Jan 28 with 1591 viewssweetcorn

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:26 - Jan 28 by IOMDale

Or, more worryingly:

Plenty have knocked it and people don't like hearing them criticised, I've seen some go as far as demanding an apology for daring to, quite sad really.

The odd youth player on the bench, getting time when a game is done is fine, but relying on tavares and baah is a sorry state to be in, they aren't ready and may never be.

We desperately need a striker, unfortunately the kind we need we can't afford.

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:33 - Jan 28 with 1568 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:29 - Jan 28 by 442Dale

If we’d got a result tonight, would have fully expected the “happy with the squad, everyone coming back from injury” line.

This is a big two days for the club. Shift some out, get in some substance.

The disconcerting thing for me is ‘what position do we need?’

I look at our strongest eleven and wonder who I’d replace. We’d obviously all take a clinical striker but what specific positions would people look at strengthening and bringing leaders in?

Genuine question as I’m unsure myself.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 22:34]

UTDNFS

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:37 - Jan 28 with 1517 viewssweetcorn

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:33 - Jan 28 by IOMDale

The disconcerting thing for me is ‘what position do we need?’

I look at our strongest eleven and wonder who I’d replace. We’d obviously all take a clinical striker but what specific positions would people look at strengthening and bringing leaders in?

Genuine question as I’m unsure myself.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 22:34]

A 15 years younger Wilbraham would be a start.

I'd like to see a RB who isn't made out of ryvita come in, because whilst Matheson is a talent, for me he shouldnt be starting every game.

A winger/wide forward.

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:41 - Jan 28 with 1476 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:37 - Jan 28 by sweetcorn

A 15 years younger Wilbraham would be a start.

I'd like to see a RB who isn't made out of ryvita come in, because whilst Matheson is a talent, for me he shouldnt be starting every game.

A winger/wide forward.

I must admit, I’d like to see a nasty midfielder arrive. Somebody akin to Michael Brown in his playing days, constantly riling the opposition and doing the simple stuff well.

UTDNFS

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024