Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale 15:20 - Jan 27 with 19590 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: MK Dons vs Dale 27th Jan 2020 15:15
Dale face a huge fixture against relegation strugglers Milton Keynes on Tuesday night as they look to create some breathing space towards the bottom of the League One table. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:42 - Jan 28 with 2311 views49thseason

we have 29 points from 27 games, 10 from the last 14 games,
10 of the remaining fixtures are against top 12 teams where our current record is 4 points from 14 games leaving just 6 fixtures against sides in the bottom half.

Tranmere have 9 games against bottom-half teams
M Dons have 8
Wimbledon have 9
Accrington have 7
The trend is not our friend!
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:46 - Jan 28 with 2279 viewssweetcorn

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:41 - Jan 28 by IOMDale

I must admit, I’d like to see a nasty midfielder arrive. Somebody akin to Michael Brown in his playing days, constantly riling the opposition and doing the simple stuff well.

Whilst I'd agree we need that type of player, we've plenty of cover there, with the limited budget and short amount of time in the window, I'd rather see us sign one of the 3 I mentioned as a priority as we're seriously lacking in those areas.

We've got quite a lot of depth in midfield, enough to see out the season anyway

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:49 - Jan 28 with 2248 viewsJimmyRustler

With the players we have at our disposal, it's no real shock that we are were we are (Hendo is also papering over the cracks). However, it's the predictable manner of defeat that's worrying. No matter who's on the pitch, it's down to BBM to mentally prepare the squad and the buck lies with him. Whilst it's difficult to account for individual error, the fact that the same shit keeps happening over and over again suggests there's a deep lying problem with the overall mentality and composure of the squad
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 10:18]
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 23:03 - Jan 28 with 2185 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:00 - Jan 28 by dingdangblue

2 consecutive 2-1 defeats away from home both with 93rd min penalties.
That takes some doing!

Only at Rochdale......we WILL let you down.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 23:08 - Jan 28 with 2163 viewsNewbury_Dale

Senior players (including the captain) need to standup and be counted. The game management is terrible. The amount of teams who come to Spotland, pinch a goal and then shut up shop with proper game management.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 23:25 - Jan 28 with 2083 viewsdingdangblue

3 horrible goals to be honest. Rubbish defending from both teams.

https://www.skysports.com/football/mk-dons-vs-rochdale/report/410256

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 23:40 - Jan 28 with 2031 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 23:25 - Jan 28 by dingdangblue

The other side of the coin is that Ginger and MKD must be absolutely cockahoop over that win tonight..they are right at us now, only a point behind . That boost will give them the added boost that WE so sadly lack in all departments.......

What must it be like on the Team bus after that shambles?
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 23:40 - Jan 28 with 2031 viewsJames1980

Last few games it has been like a team from year nine (3rd year in old money) playing a team of sixth formers.
Can just see our players getting bogwashed and having their dinner money nicked.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 05:18 - Jan 29 with 1876 viewsaleanddale

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 23:40 - Jan 28 by Yorkshire_Dale

The other side of the coin is that Ginger and MKD must be absolutely cockahoop over that win tonight..they are right at us now, only a point behind . That boost will give them the added boost that WE so sadly lack in all departments.......

What must it be like on the Team bus after that shambles?

Not good and it’s up to BBM and Lee Riley to sort it and quickly.

Not good enough last 3 away games by a considerable distance.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 07:36 - Jan 29 with 1756 viewsSaxonDale

Rathbone always seems to take 1 or 2 games to get back up to speed after an injury- he was poor against Burton and Gillingham away. I’m sure we’ll look better as an attacking unit when he’s back to his best.

Can understand people’s frustrations against BBM, he’s made mistakes but I’m surprised some people have lost faith in him. As others have said the main problem with this squad is the deadwood, who I presume will be on considerable wages compared to others. The objective for this season has always been to stay up- which I think we will achieve (dare I say it relatively comfortably compared to the last 2 seasons) I think we should be judging BBM on his ability to kick on by October/November next year.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 08:19 - Jan 29 with 1671 views1907

Our front line moved the ball about really well in phases last night I thought. Not sure why Alby didn’t start at least one of the last two games?

I feel sorry for Keohane because he’s literally been the ultimate utility man all season, being passed from pillar to post & expected to play in different positions most weeks. We would have really struggled without him plugging gaps this season so I can forgive his wreck less error last night.

We definitely need some sort of enforcer on the pitch to drag us over the line in games. There just isn’t a leader on the pitch, it’s really concerning.

Still stick with my opinion that had Sanchez been in goal these last three games we would have picked up far more points than we have. I definitely no longer see Lynch as a viable future number one, purely for lack of height. I’d be even tempted to say Lillis deserves a shot.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 09:14 - Jan 29 with 1554 viewstodmordendale

I believe the quality of the team is on par with many in the division. Ryan is now box to box, transformed from his early season. O’Connell is one of the best seen at Spotland. RND is a superb player with drive and enthusiasm. Hendo is a top forward as his record shows. Rathbone’s energy. Morley is cucumber cool with excellent vision and passing range. Matterson is now a regular starter for his Country. Camps is Camps.
Not to mention our well respected academy.
It is clear that the lauded fashionable tippy tappy possession at the back is not suited to our players and has been seen to be so for a while. We are not Man City or Barcelona. We are in League One. This style either ends up with a disaster or someone hoofing it away. MJ is not capable of his role in this format. He even drops back behind the goalie. Midfielders go to deep full back position with full backs shoved up into no mans land.
We have good players who can play with excellent aplomb, but they are restricted by a stranglehold of tactics.
A bit more freedom rather than laptop on the touch line.
I am confident we will still be in league one next season but a freedom to let skilled players play is what may be needed. Onwards and Upwards
Up the Dale.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 09:40 - Jan 29 with 1491 viewsJames1980

It seems like the tactic against us is allow the passing around at the back, but be ready to pounce on the loose balls/poor passes.
If an attack is looking imminent close down the attacking midfielder/winger as soon as they receive the ball if not before hand. Allowing Dale to tippy tappy at the back frees up players leaving 2 often 3 to do the closing down.
Don't get disheartened if Dale go a goal ahead they rarely score more than 1 and struggle to keep a clean sheet.

Maybe I am misinterpreting what is happening, but if not surely if an idiot like me can see it..........

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 09:42 - Jan 29 with 1480 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 23:25 - Jan 28 by dingdangblue

I wasn't there so not sure if the highlights were biased in anyway but they could and should have had a hat full in the 2nd half based on those.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 09:44 - Jan 29 with 1478 viewsjonahwhereru

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:14 - Jan 28 by DaleFan7

I'd go along that line of thinking if it was just corners he's glued to his line for but it's not. It's any type of ball across the box.

Interesting comments. For their first goal Lynch’s initial movement is forward into the mass of players. I have only seen Lynch twice, so you will be better placed to judge than me, but in those two games he has done nothing wrong. He look competent. He should not be judged against Sanchez who handling skills are rarely seen at this level. The last thing we need now is another keeper merry go round. If Sanchez is fit play him, if not Lynch steps in.
Crowding the six yard box at corners is prevelent at all levels precisely because with a good delivery it is difficult to defend.
Didn’t go to the game last night so can’t comment, but January was ok for us with 2 wins 1 draw and 2 deafeats. That form will keep us up. However 49th pointed out the remaining fixtures and it doesn’t look easy. The saving grace is that the bottom teams will be playing each other frequently. Like this coming Saturday. They can’t all win. I guess draws in those games are our friend as that only yields 2 points from each game.
We need a strong reaction on Saturday and ideally a two goal advantage to defend.
The club still has my absolute support as does BBM.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 09:45 - Jan 29 with 1470 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 09:40 - Jan 29 by James1980

It seems like the tactic against us is allow the passing around at the back, but be ready to pounce on the loose balls/poor passes.
If an attack is looking imminent close down the attacking midfielder/winger as soon as they receive the ball if not before hand. Allowing Dale to tippy tappy at the back frees up players leaving 2 often 3 to do the closing down.
Don't get disheartened if Dale go a goal ahead they rarely score more than 1 and struggle to keep a clean sheet.

Maybe I am misinterpreting what is happening, but if not surely if an idiot like me can see it..........

Exactly this. I readily accept that teams will beat us just because they're more skilled or organised or even if a few of our players have had an off-day but what I struggle to forgive is the current inflexibility we're demonstrating.

It's clear you just have to press us and we'll make mistakes so why do we insist on continuing to play triangles all over the pitch? Up top and in midfield is fine but sometimes, a Guy Branston-esque clearance is needed at the back.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 09:46 - Jan 29 with 1468 viewsAtThePeake

I didn't watch the game last night, but can someone explain why the passing out from the back is getting such a hammering in specific relation to this game?

To me, both the goals on the highlights appear to come from set-pieces/crossed balls into the box.

Like both of the goals we conceded against Gillingham. Like the first goal against Wycombe. Like the goal Accy scored against us. Like the winner Gillingham got against us. Like all three goals Fleetwood scored against us.

It's been our problems for seasons and seasons and it still costs us one or two goals every single week.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 09:52 - Jan 29 with 1452 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 09:46 - Jan 29 by AtThePeake

I didn't watch the game last night, but can someone explain why the passing out from the back is getting such a hammering in specific relation to this game?

To me, both the goals on the highlights appear to come from set-pieces/crossed balls into the box.

Like both of the goals we conceded against Gillingham. Like the first goal against Wycombe. Like the goal Accy scored against us. Like the winner Gillingham got against us. Like all three goals Fleetwood scored against us.

It's been our problems for seasons and seasons and it still costs us one or two goals every single week.

It was just the sheer number of times we turned possession over in our defensive third ATP. I applaud BBM for wanting to play a possession-based game but even as we entered injury-time, I said to my dad that we'd concede (granted, our form here doesn't make me Nostradamus) and lo and behold, we did. We're still missing pace at the back - RND excepted - but I guess this would be fixed if McLaughlin can stay fit.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 9:52]

UTDNFS

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 09:56 - Jan 29 with 1433 viewsmacro

Was last nights performance in the second half good enough - no - Is the fact that we are conceding too many goals from winning positions and in the last few minutes good enough - no.

I was surprised that Keohane wasn't taken off for McLaughlin or Matheson, he was being skinned most of the game. Realistically though but for two rash challenges we'd have drawn both games of the last away matches and everything would seem different, the over reaction on here is OTT.

Most of the season the squad has been so ravaged by injury that we've had a bench full of kids. We are higher in the division than I was expecting to be honest. Could anyone really see this season as being any other than a rebuild in progress. Dead wood left over from KH days needs getting rid of - maybe the likes of Lillis, Andrew, Delaney, Gillam will go in the next few days. BBM's signings have looked decent the only criticism I might have is would he be better off with an experienced head in the coaching area as well.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 10:17 - Jan 29 with 1370 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 09:46 - Jan 29 by AtThePeake

You are correct, I watched some of it. Passing out from the back is a good way to ensure possession is not given away, however passing out every time, and passing to and fro left to right encourages the opposition to press, and then we make mistakes . By all means roll the ball from keeper to full back, but he then needs some movement ahead to receive the ball. It wouldn’t hurt to mix it up, the occasional long ball keeps the opposition guessing. Our big problem is as you say , set pieces. We Concede so many from corners, and have done for years, for that the coaching has to be blamed.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 10:22 - Jan 29 with 1345 viewsParkinsGimp

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 22:15 - Jan 28 by sweetcorn

Ship as much of this side out as is humanly possible in the summer and try and have a rebuild.

I've been banging this same drum for the past 2 years, the majority of this side aren't up to the task.

I still trust BBM to carry out a rebuild of this squad, most of his signings have been good and have added to the squad, so he's obviously got an eye for a player.

Think we'll stay up, just.

Please no , I actually agree that most need to go , but trusting BBM we will get inundated with Irish has beens and no marks... He isnt tactically good enough either to bring about a change.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 10:29 - Jan 29 with 1333 viewsseasidedale

To be fair to BBM and Irish signings, Dooley , Keohane , McLaughlin were no his signings, O’Connell and Ryan where and they have been good.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 10:33 - Jan 29 with 1318 viewsjonahwhereru

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 10:22 - Jan 29 by ParkinsGimp

Please no , I actually agree that most need to go , but trusting BBM we will get inundated with Irish has beens and no marks... He isnt tactically good enough either to bring about a change.

Your are in a small minority if you think BBM has recruited poorly. No justification for that view. Other than wanting to stir things up. FYI this is the last time I will bite on one of your trite remarks about player recruitment.
Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 10:55 - Jan 29 with 1268 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 07:36 - Jan 29 by SaxonDale

Rathbone always seems to take 1 or 2 games to get back up to speed after an injury- he was poor against Burton and Gillingham away. I’m sure we’ll look better as an attacking unit when he’s back to his best.

Can understand people’s frustrations against BBM, he’s made mistakes but I’m surprised some people have lost faith in him. As others have said the main problem with this squad is the deadwood, who I presume will be on considerable wages compared to others. The objective for this season has always been to stay up- which I think we will achieve (dare I say it relatively comfortably compared to the last 2 seasons) I think we should be judging BBM on his ability to kick on by October/November next year.

I've not lost faith with BBM yet. The way we played against Tranmere on the opening day and acquitted ourselves at OT speak to what can be achieved. We aren't there yet by a long chalk, but I'd give him at least til Christmas to make a final judgement on him.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: MK Dons vs Dale on 11:00 - Jan 29 with 1245 viewsDareToCalvin

Agreed. If you look at the players BBM has brought in, most of them are good first-team players:
Sanchez, RND, O'Connell, McShane, Ryan, and then there's Lynch who isn't bad and Smith who we can't really judge yet, but looks decent and Magloire who was only brought in for cover. Although the same Hill-esque traits keep popping up (conceding from corners, throwing points away in the last minute), I'm still behind BBM and I do believe we'll stay up more comfortably than the past two years, mainly due to teams somehow being worse than us. We do need to shift some of the deadwood like Delaney and Gillam so Brian can make the squad his own. I only think he should be judged in about a years time, providing he's kept us up. The one criticism I have is our lack of Plan B, yes when the total football works it looks brilliant but most of the time it doesn't, we need to learn to switch to other tactics.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024