Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? 19:18 - Jan 30 with 3758 viewsDaleyBrent

Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 19:22 - Jan 30 with 3740 viewsDaleyBrent

Posted this as there's been a few murmurings of folk wanting him out. Shameful if you ask me and I'm 100% behind the man. Clarity on this would shun the discussion away where it belongs.

The fella isn't/hasnt been perfect but show him some respect, and understanding on what he's trying to achieve.
Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 19:36 - Jan 30 with 3683 viewsdeeplishblue

Well I voted out.

I have thought that since august, I find the style of play negative, and frustrating and honestly think its unwatchable at times.

I find it hard to think of a game that we have won that we deserved to though that might be slightly harsh.

We were v lucky to progress in the cups terrible v Wrexham twice and Boston at home. Bad for the last hour v Carlisle.

Many say that we have got a fair squad I think that I agree but if it's true why are the results so dire?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 20:08 - Jan 30 with 3596 viewsCockneyDale

Oh, for goodness' sake
Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 20:09 - Jan 30 with 3591 viewsJames1980

Do we want to become a 'sacking club'?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 20:12 - Jan 30 with 3574 viewsdiver

Bring back Keef I say !!
Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 20:15 - Jan 30 with 3546 viewsboromat

Ridiculous to want him out. KH was apparently working miracles to have us punching above our weight. BBM is now doing slightly better on a lower budget while having a season of ridiculous injuries and having to introduce the youngsters. No brainer he stays.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 20:17 - Jan 30 with 3536 viewsrichfoad32

Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 19:36 - Jan 30 by deeplishblue

Well I voted out.

I have thought that since august, I find the style of play negative, and frustrating and honestly think its unwatchable at times.

I find it hard to think of a game that we have won that we deserved to though that might be slightly harsh.

We were v lucky to progress in the cups terrible v Wrexham twice and Boston at home. Bad for the last hour v Carlisle.

Many say that we have got a fair squad I think that I agree but if it's true why are the results so dire?

Tranmere, Southend, Accy, Rotherham, MK Dons....all deserved victories off the top of my head. At least give the man until the end of the season for God's sake. If we go down then by all means review the situation but give him a chance.
Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 20:41 - Jan 30 with 3433 viewsShun

I think the two most positive aspects of his management are his recruitment and his passion for playing passing football. And there are a few bonuses that are less important - he’s eloquent, well-liked and an apparently genuinely nice guy.

On the other side he seems quite stuck in his ways and unable to find a Plan B on the frequent occasions that Plan A doesn’t work. Whether that’s down to stubbornness (which I doubt), or inexperience (most probably) isn’t certain.

I’m more than happy with giving him until Christmas at the very least, regardless of what league we’re in (although I’m positive it’ll be this league).
Login to get fewer ads

Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 21:23 - Jan 30 with 3336 viewstodmordendale

I seem to think Plan B worked in the second half of the first game against Newcastle. Master stroke changed the game and we could have won it after a drubbing in the first half.
He’s learning and learning well. Fergie and Klopp were not immediate successes.
Keep up the good work BBM ... onwards and upwards.
Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 21:37 - Jan 30 with 3293 viewsDale92

Hey stays for me, his signings have been mainly positive, he gives youth a chance and knows the club inside and out, perhaps a Lennie Lawrence type of appointment as a DoF or Sporting Director would help BBM, Ridley is the youth guru but none of the backroom have great experience.

This is the One, I've waited for

Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 21:40 - Jan 30 with 3274 viewsShun

Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 21:23 - Jan 30 by todmordendale

I seem to think Plan B worked in the second half of the first game against Newcastle. Master stroke changed the game and we could have won it after a drubbing in the first half.
He’s learning and learning well. Fergie and Klopp were not immediate successes.
Keep up the good work BBM ... onwards and upwards.

Fair point actually, it did work well against Newcastle. My problem though is that it’s so rare that we see ourselves getting outplayed and then BBM changing tactics, as we saw in that game.
Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 21:59 - Jan 30 with 3225 viewstodmordendale

I think every endeavour is made to move the tactics with the game Shun, but sometimes the opposition don’t let it happen and let’s no forget, we are Rochdale.
Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 22:21 - Jan 30 with 3169 views49thseason

Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 21:37 - Jan 30 by Dale92

Hey stays for me, his signings have been mainly positive, he gives youth a chance and knows the club inside and out, perhaps a Lennie Lawrence type of appointment as a DoF or Sporting Director would help BBM, Ridley is the youth guru but none of the backroom have great experience.

Tony Ellis is often in the dugout. I don't think the management group lacks experience, I think they have been saddled with a number of players they are trying to get the best out of who really should have been moved on long ago, lots of injuries and a financial crisis all at the same time which have reduced options and cost lots of points.
BUT...its now absolutely essential that he picks his best team and sticks with it, opts for playing pragmatic, points acquisition football, we are probably looking for about 20 -22 points from remaining games...6 wins and a few draws and some inevitable losses but BBM must now give the tippy tappy a rest, play the strongest team and see the season out through hard graft and sheer bloody-mindedness, no shrinking violets, no one going missing when the fouls start flying, no half-hearted tackles, no jogging back after a mistake, 16 left - 5 wins, 5 draws 6 losses might be enough... 6 wins would be better.

If we stay up, job is done, but currently it reminds me of Walsall , slipping lower each season with no apparent strategy to shift the direction of travel and points to huge changes needed for next year whatever the outcome.
Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 22:25 - Jan 30 with 3152 viewsjudd

Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 20:15 - Jan 30 by boromat

Ridiculous to want him out. KH was apparently working miracles to have us punching above our weight. BBM is now doing slightly better on a lower budget while having a season of ridiculous injuries and having to introduce the youngsters. No brainer he stays.

I absolutely do not want rid of BBM, but is he performing any better than Hill?

Has any of the massive raft of changes forced through the club over the past 3 or 4 years improved us at all?

We are running to stand still.

BBMs budget is rumoured to be in the top 3 ever sanctioned. Hill worked with less and got us biting the arse of league 1 play offs.

Look elsewhere

Poll: What is it to be then?

Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 00:17 - Jan 31 with 3007 viewsSandyman

Is unnecessary parsimony in the board room, given our recent stream of monies in the problem, rather than the manager? I don't bloomin' know. It is frustrating nonetheless. Feb forum could be a bit fiery.
Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 08:30 - Jan 31 with 2771 viewsaleanddale

I am on the fence.

Really want him to do well but the reality is in my eyes we are going backwards on the pitch and his brand of football hardly has you on the edge of your seat.

Trying to balance the fact that he has had a lot of injury and a reduced budget but that should not stop us ( the team ) trying to be more proactive in wrestling the initiative during games.

This is his team now so two things.... keep us up and have a clear out in the summer and be more ruthless. MJ Williams / Keoghan and the like have to be moved on IMO.
Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 10:24 - Jan 31 with 2602 viewsjonahwhereru

What were the objectives he was set by the board for the season, having already met he only objective last season. I suspect he is meeting his objectives in the main. Keep us out of the relegation zone, while maximising the exposure of our on field assets, and not rubbing the fans up the wrong way. So it would be almost impossible for the club to sack him imo.
I’ll say it again I prefer money to be spent on the team rather than the management. If we become a proper sacking club, getting rid of managers and rolling the dice every year, my love of the club will start to wain. Just can’t stand businesses that treat their employees like sh-t.
Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 11:49 - Jan 31 with 2478 viewsDaleiLama

Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 10:24 - Jan 31 by jonahwhereru

What were the objectives he was set by the board for the season, having already met he only objective last season. I suspect he is meeting his objectives in the main. Keep us out of the relegation zone, while maximising the exposure of our on field assets, and not rubbing the fans up the wrong way. So it would be almost impossible for the club to sack him imo.
I’ll say it again I prefer money to be spent on the team rather than the management. If we become a proper sacking club, getting rid of managers and rolling the dice every year, my love of the club will start to wain. Just can’t stand businesses that treat their employees like sh-t.

I would add one objective to his list until season's end. Bring back no fear football. We play like we are scared at the moment. We get treated accordingly by the opposition. We need to bring back a bit of attitude.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 13:29 - Jan 31 with 2384 viewsDaleyBrent

Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 22:25 - Jan 30 by judd

I absolutely do not want rid of BBM, but is he performing any better than Hill?

Has any of the massive raft of changes forced through the club over the past 3 or 4 years improved us at all?

We are running to stand still.

BBMs budget is rumoured to be in the top 3 ever sanctioned. Hill worked with less and got us biting the arse of league 1 play offs.

Look elsewhere

His budget was cut by 1/3 from Hillys tenure.
Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 13:37 - Jan 31 with 2368 viewsPotterDale

I voted in because I rarely like to see us sacking managers. This may however change if he continues to blindly select players that do not have the necessary skills to improve this squad, Keohane being the main culprit. BBM was given a squad who were low on morale last season and injected a bit of positivity back into those players to drag us away from the relegation zone. This season however there are no signs that this was anything more than "new manager" bounce. A few matches aside we still look as though there is no plan B, and cannot adapt to anything other than the style of play we set up with at the kick off.
Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 15:15 - Jan 31 with 2245 viewsjudd

Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 13:29 - Jan 31 by DaleyBrent

His budget was cut by 1/3 from Hillys tenure.

I've no idea of the size of cut but Hill's last budget was increased by 30%, so Hilly worked on much lower numbers during most of his tenure.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Cant believe im asking this, but, BBM In or Out? on 16:03 - Jan 31 with 2178 viewssweetcorn

In. I'd imagine the objective at the start of the season was a decent cup run and survival.

He's done the first part (twice) and is on target to survive as it stands.

The squad is littered with deadwood throughout. We have very few options in the forward lines and have a fairly talented, but lightweight, midfield. BBM deserves at least another summer to get rid of the said deadwood and make the squad his own. Maybe then we'll see what he can do.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024