Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 of our Worst signings 09:25 - Apr 29 with 7336 viewsJames1980

'Football league World' list the following players as some of our worst 6 signings
Trotman
Denton
Sako
Simpkins
Barker
Branston
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/6-of-the-worst-ever-rochdale-signings-weve-see

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

6 of our Worst signings on 09:43 - Apr 29 with 2887 viewsjonahwhereru

Guy Branson was excellent in the away game against Barnet. He was a towering presence in every respect. For some reason they just kept pumping high balls in and Branston got his head on everything. We knew we were signing a loose cannon, but he definitely had some attributes.

For the record I think listing Sako but not Paul Williams is harsh on Sako. He was better in every aspect than Williams.
6 of our Worst signings on 09:56 - Apr 29 with 2862 viewsisitme

What an awful site to navigate, especially on a phone. I hate those 'clicks driven' articles where they separate something that could have been easily on one page across in this case 6. Not really much information but food for thought.

In terms of level of expectation on signing Trotman and Hodges were massive disappointments.
6 of our Worst signings on 09:58 - Apr 29 with 2856 viewsJames1980

6 of our Worst signings on 09:56 - Apr 29 by isitme

What an awful site to navigate, especially on a phone. I hate those 'clicks driven' articles where they separate something that could have been easily on one page across in this case 6. Not really much information but food for thought.

In terms of level of expectation on signing Trotman and Hodges were massive disappointments.

That's the reason for listing them agree some click bait sites are awful to navigate

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

6 of our Worst signings on 10:00 - Apr 29 with 2850 viewsisitme

6 of our Worst signings on 09:58 - Apr 29 by James1980

That's the reason for listing them agree some click bait sites are awful to navigate

And you did a good job listing them. I thought the article might have added a bit of insight, but alas no! At least I've been a corporate click even though I have no idea what adverts were on the site.
6 of our Worst signings on 10:02 - Apr 29 with 2837 viewsNigeriamark

Genuinely can't even remember Denton ??
6 of our Worst signings on 10:42 - Apr 29 with 2780 views1949er

Les Strong.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

6 of our Worst signings on 10:59 - Apr 29 with 2746 viewsChaffRAFC

Anyone know who Denton is and what era that was from? It's not from my time watching Rochdale.

For what it's worth, Trotman and Simpkins would absolutely make my worst 6 signings. Keith Barker as well if you're including loans but thankfully for him realised he was better at cricket than football! From the loans you'd also look at the likes of Matt Dickens, Magnus Norman and Lee Buggie.

Without loans, Steve Macauley was a disastrous signing or us, as was Hodges but Hodges wasn't given a chance at all.

Paul Tait was a rare example of Parkin signing an awful striker.

Jon Boardman as well, what a horrendous signing that was. Still have nightmares about that night at Stockport with him and McArdle at the back.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

6 of our Worst signings on 11:18 - Apr 29 with 2708 viewsjudd

6 of our Worst signings on 10:59 - Apr 29 by ChaffRAFC

Anyone know who Denton is and what era that was from? It's not from my time watching Rochdale.

For what it's worth, Trotman and Simpkins would absolutely make my worst 6 signings. Keith Barker as well if you're including loans but thankfully for him realised he was better at cricket than football! From the loans you'd also look at the likes of Matt Dickens, Magnus Norman and Lee Buggie.

Without loans, Steve Macauley was a disastrous signing or us, as was Hodges but Hodges wasn't given a chance at all.

Jon Boardman as well, what a horrendous signing that was. Still have nightmares about that night at Stockport with him and McArdle at the back.

Tommy Jaczczczzczun or however you spell it.

Did not impress at all.

That keeper that Parkin loaned from Notts Co - cant remember his name. Paul summat or other? Gibson?

Craig (?) Strachan

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

6 of our Worst signings on 11:19 - Apr 29 with 2708 viewskel

That ginger Cumbrain. Name escapes me though.
6 of our Worst signings on 11:30 - Apr 29 with 2680 viewsChaffRAFC

6 of our Worst signings on 11:18 - Apr 29 by judd

Tommy Jaczczczzczun or however you spell it.

Did not impress at all.

That keeper that Parkin loaned from Notts Co - cant remember his name. Paul summat or other? Gibson?

Craig (?) Strachan

Paul Gibson is correct, Parkin signed him on loan from Notts County but he'd come through Man Utd's ranks so I presumed he'd be decent. I was wrong.

6 of our Worst signings on 11:32 - Apr 29 with 2673 viewsChaffRAFC

6 of our Worst signings on 11:19 - Apr 29 by kel

That ginger Cumbrain. Name escapes me though.

Keiron Durkan? He nearly made it onto my list.

Sadly took his own life a couple of years ago I seem to recall.

6 of our Worst signings on 11:39 - Apr 29 with 2658 viewsncfc_chalky

6 of our Worst signings on 11:30 - Apr 29 by ChaffRAFC

Paul Gibson is correct, Parkin signed him on loan from Notts County but he'd come through Man Utd's ranks so I presumed he'd be decent. I was wrong.

I can remember somebody saying at Utd that he was one for the future but he didnt.impress,we signed a player from City called Will Patching a couple of seasons ago that had the same potential pedigree and he didnt.impress either,I didn't realise that Gibson had gone out on loan to you tbh

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

6 of our Worst signings on 11:42 - Apr 29 with 2652 viewsdaledaft

Pim Balkestein.
Played 13 times on loan. Didn't think it was so many.
6 of our Worst signings on 11:43 - Apr 29 with 2647 viewselectricblue

Bergkamp.
Andy morris.
Ruben Reid due to his attitude.
Matt Dickens.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

6 of our Worst signings on 11:47 - Apr 29 with 2620 viewskel

6 of our Worst signings on 11:32 - Apr 29 by ChaffRAFC

Keiron Durkan? He nearly made it onto my list.

Sadly took his own life a couple of years ago I seem to recall.

I’ve checked and it’s that Curran bloke. Turns out he’s a scouser and not a Cumbrain too. Utter shite.
6 of our Worst signings on 11:49 - Apr 29 with 2609 viewsisitme

6 of our Worst signings on 11:47 - Apr 29 by kel

I’ve checked and it’s that Curran bloke. Turns out he’s a scouser and not a Cumbrain too. Utter shite.

Craig! I remember him playing against Accrington, as you say not the best.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 11:50]
6 of our Worst signings on 11:54 - Apr 29 with 2588 viewsboromat

Jason Lydiate and Gareth Stoker always come to mind.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

6 of our Worst signings on 12:20 - Apr 29 with 2542 viewsEllDale

Isn't Craig Curran still playing for Ross County. Or am I on the wrong striker?

Worst loan player was Lord Kanga who cam from Bolton.

Worst permanent signing who comes readily to mind was Lee Proberts who Steve Bould at Arsenal recommended to Parkin when the Gunners released him.
6 of our Worst signings on 12:28 - Apr 29 with 2526 viewsfitzochris

Simpkins definitely belongs on that list.

There are too many to mention, sadly.

Some I had no expectations for, but others, such as Mark Carter or Isidro Diaz, for example, I had high hopes for but was left completely underwhelmed. Probably didn't help that they were in poor teams.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

6 of our Worst signings on 12:40 - Apr 29 with 2495 viewsBigDaveMyCock

In terms of profile, Zack Clough?
Have we ever had a player who had previously commanded such a large transfer fee and whose arrival had created such excitement?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

6 of our Worst signings on 12:50 - Apr 29 with 2476 viewspioneer

6 of our Worst signings on 10:59 - Apr 29 by ChaffRAFC

Denton, Roger......nobody who saw him would ever forget him. I still wake up in the middle of the night occasionally sweating and screaming.

He was signed on loan from Bradford City in the winter of 1974...the season from hell. His first game I think was Huddersfield away. We got hammered 5-0 and Denton was responsible for 6 of them. Mike Poole was in goal and spent the evening on suicide watch.

I think he might of played one more game before Walter Joyce, the man who could see talent where itdidnt exist, got rid.

I often feel these best/worst lists are purely subjective...but no one could ever believe we have fielded a worse player than him.
6 of our Worst signings on 12:51 - Apr 29 with 2473 viewsfitzochris

6 of our Worst signings on 12:20 - Apr 29 by EllDale

Worst permanent signing who comes readily to mind was Lee Proberts who Steve Bould at Arsenal recommended to Parkin when the Gunners released him.

Curran has played for both Dundee clubs since Ross County, before disappearing elsewhere.

It was Ashley Probets we signed but, yes, very underwhelming.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

6 of our Worst signings on 12:51 - Apr 29 with 2475 viewsboromat

6 of our Worst signings on 12:28 - Apr 29 by fitzochris

Simpkins definitely belongs on that list.

There are too many to mention, sadly.

Some I had no expectations for, but others, such as Mark Carter or Isidro Diaz, for example, I had high hopes for but was left completely underwhelmed. Probably didn't help that they were in poor teams.

I was only young at the time but always thought Carter and Diaz were some of out better players at the time but as you say in very poor teams.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

6 of our Worst signings on 12:55 - Apr 29 with 2470 viewsAtThePeake

6 of our Worst signings on 11:54 - Apr 29 by boromat

Jason Lydiate and Gareth Stoker always come to mind.

Lydiate later spent some time on the coaching staff I seem to remember?

Tangled up in blue.

6 of our Worst signings on 12:56 - Apr 29 with 2468 viewsAtThePeake

6 of our Worst signings on 12:20 - Apr 29 by EllDale

Bit harsh on Kangana Ndiwa - didn't he only play about 30 seconds of one game?

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024