Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? 11:15 - May 6 with 6043 viewsDaleiLama

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 13:06 - May 6 with 4249 viewsboromat

I wouldn't but I think they should offer a pro-rata refund if they can as there will be some people that need the extra help at the minute.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 13:20 - May 6 with 4226 viewsD_Alien

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 13:06 - May 6 by boromat

I wouldn't but I think they should offer a pro-rata refund if they can as there will be some people that need the extra help at the minute.

And that's a great suggestion

Give supporters the chance to forego any refund if they see fit, but offer it to those who might be in financial difficulty and wish to take up that option

Can't think of a better example of win-win

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 13:26 - May 6 with 4217 viewsjudd

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 13:20 - May 6 by D_Alien

Give supporters the chance to forego any refund if they see fit, but offer it to those who might be in financial difficulty and wish to take up that option

...throw in some midget gems and hey ho

Not, in any way, advocating dwarf tossing disclaimer.

Poll: What is it to be then?

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 13:42 - May 6 with 4187 viewsncfc_chalky

I personally won't look for some kind of refund on this seasons ticket but I can understand others hoping for a discount on next season if it helps them out financially especially if they've incurred larger household bills due to the lockdown

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 14:48 - May 6 with 4091 viewsDaleiLama

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 13:20 - May 6 by D_Alien

Sounds very reasonable to me.

I wouldn't pursue a refund, but thought it might be a good quick litmus test for the club to help with their thinking going forward. Cashflow, as things stand now, is going to be critical and there's going to be an even bigger juggling challenge than normal one would imagine.

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 15:36 - May 6 with 4020 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Personally wouldn’t want a refund, but agree the Club could offer a refund to those that feel they need it, as an aid to buying next seasons st.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 15:44 - May 6 with 3997 viewsBartRowou

I agree with all the suggestions above.

The club could also go the other way and offer an incentive for fans who are in position to pay more to offset any of the losses caused by fans who might be struggling. It'd have to be thought through though and fully transparent.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 15:45 - May 6 with 3993 viewswatford_dale

The refund would be £40.91 (without accounting for the refund processing fee) based on a season ticket price of £150 allowing for the lost game from Bury. I will be forgoing a refund.
Login to get fewer ads

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 16:04 - May 6 with 3956 viewsDaleiLama

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 15:45 - May 6 by watford_dale

The refund would be £40.91 (without accounting for the refund processing fee) based on a season ticket price of £150 allowing for the lost game from Bury. I will be forgoing a refund.

So £54.55 in TDS and £68.18 in main stand.

Even if financing the cost of a ST, everyone will have already paid for it and I'm sure most have got more on their mind at the moment. I do agree that depending on when footy starts up again, many may be deeper in the mire than now and need help with next year's ST cost though.

If current season is declared on 16:27 - May 6 with 3894 viewsJames1980

Maybe off setting those figures against next season's season ticket and perhaps not putting in some of the vouchers
[Post edited 6 May 2020 16:28]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 16:29 - May 6 with 3881 views49thseason

I don't honestly see how they can simply pocket the money, its a blatent breach of contract. Therefore, I think they have to offer either a refund or some other form of remuneration. Either a discount on the next season ticket or maybe 8 - 12 shares in the club so that the income could be added into the accounts relatively quickly or discount vouchers for the club shop.
I know I have banged on about this over the last few months but I think its important that the club does not simply leave the bulk of its supporters out of pocket without first asking them and secondly offering alternatives.
If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 16:36 - May 6 with 3861 views442Dale

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 16:29 - May 6 by 49thseason

I don't honestly see how they can simply pocket the money, its a blatent breach of contract. Therefore, I think they have to offer either a refund or some other form of remuneration. Either a discount on the next season ticket or maybe 8 - 12 shares in the club so that the income could be added into the accounts relatively quickly or discount vouchers for the club shop.
I know I have banged on about this over the last few months but I think its important that the club does not simply leave the bulk of its supporters out of pocket without first asking them and secondly offering alternatives.

Depends how people want to look at it. The bigger picture is about ensuring money that’s already been spent is retained/refunded where needed.

The options put forward in this thread have been positive, nobody who wants the best for the club and is happy for them to keep the money would have any real issues with that. It’s been covered really well in earlier posts.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 17:21 - May 6 with 3787 viewswatford_dale

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 16:36 - May 6 by 442Dale

Depends how people want to look at it. The bigger picture is about ensuring money that’s already been spent is retained/refunded where needed.

The options put forward in this thread have been positive, nobody who wants the best for the club and is happy for them to keep the money would have any real issues with that. It’s been covered really well in earlier posts.

I would like to see the cost of the games not played, so £40.91, as a credit against next years season ticket with the option of declining the credit for those who wish to do so.

It is much better for the club this way as they would be in a better position to adjust the budget accordingly rather than dip into reserves to provide refunds increasing the clubs financial risk.
If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 17:24 - May 6 with 3781 viewsTVOS1907

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 16:29 - May 6 by 49thseason

"A blatant breach of contract" suggests a deliberate act, rather than trying to come up with something that is fair to everyone in light of the worldwide pandemic that probably wasn't foreseen when season tickets went on sale last May!

As 442 says, there are several good suggestions on here (including yours), but I'm not sure what any clubs can do at the moment when they don't know what's going to happen with this season, never mind the next one.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 18:54 - May 6 with 3649 viewsblackdogblue

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 17:24 - May 6 by TVOS1907

"A blatant breach of contract" suggests a deliberate act, rather than trying to come up with something that is fair to everyone in light of the worldwide pandemic that probably wasn't foreseen when season tickets went on sale last May!

As 442 says, there are several good suggestions on here (including yours), but I'm not sure what any clubs can do at the moment when they don't know what's going to happen with this season, never mind the next one.

I was discussing this last week with a club employee as a coincidence.

When Russ Green did his “the more we sell, the cheaper they are promo”, season ticket holders still had the £25 discount voucher in the book and it was a “request” from the club for fans only to use them if they need to, I didn’t use our 2 (my boy was only a tenner back in them days) but that surely must be an indication on what take up from season ticket holders would possibly do if that happens again. Personally and I have said this before on here, if they go back up to best part of £400 each again pre Russ’s deal I will be thinking long & hard before shelling out nearly a grand to watch what I watched home & away before all this COVID-19 business. This seems a long time ago now when we were all more interested in debating the passing sideways rule & how Calvin hadn’t scored for months..

Who knows, perhaps I might go & watch some non league football instead. How much are season tickets in lower leagues Chalky? £50.. bargain will have 2 adults & a junior?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

If current season is declared on 21:13 - May 6 with 3519 viewsBigDaveMyCock

When you say it’s a ‘blatant breach of contract’ have you come to that conclusion after reading the club’s Ts & Cs re season tickets? I personally haven’t read them but I do know clubs tend to provide that the relevant club has no liability to the ticket holder re postponed matches other than allowing them to use the relevant ticket for the rearranged fixture. If games are not rearranged because the season is cancelled then I don’t think a breach has occurred. Anyway, that’s speculation, what do the club’s Ts & Cs say?
[Post edited 6 May 2020 22:13]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 12:16 - May 7 with 3328 viewssmaclad1

Think that you buy a ticket for the season, not for a set number of matches. You buy with the expectation of 23 games, but if the season is ended early etc then it's over.

Personally I wouldn't be chasing refund or inducement to buy for next season. Not sure that supporting a club and buying a season ticket is a normal commercial transaction - as a fan you are buying into something a bit more. If the club build something into the offer for next season (tho' who knows what 'next season' even means at the moment), then fine. But wouldn't be criticising the club if it didn't.
If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 13:38 - May 7 with 3234 viewstony_roch975

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 12:16 - May 7 by smaclad1

Think that you buy a ticket for the season, not for a set number of matches. You buy with the expectation of 23 games, but if the season is ended early etc then it's over.

Personally I wouldn't be chasing refund or inducement to buy for next season. Not sure that supporting a club and buying a season ticket is a normal commercial transaction - as a fan you are buying into something a bit more. If the club build something into the offer for next season (tho' who knows what 'next season' even means at the moment), then fine. But wouldn't be criticising the club if it didn't.

agree with this sentiment but, equally, acknowledging that some fans who share it may be suffering financially I think offering a refund on the current ST could be a win win PR approach.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 20:07 - May 7 with 3122 viewspioneer

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 13:38 - May 7 by tony_roch975

agree with this sentiment but, equally, acknowledging that some fans who share it may be suffering financially I think offering a refund on the current ST could be a win win PR approach.

Looking towards future sales a guarantee that a ST provides entry to 23 games could be a good marketing tool and remove uncertainty arising from the current crisis. Its essentially costless since it avoids any refund discussions and gives the club revenue certainty with every sale.

Also at the moment many of those fortunate enough to be without any disruption to their income are experiencing a savings boom since many of the things they normally spend money on are off limits. Offering some sort of guaranteed ST/23 game pass could be attractive.
If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 20:09 - May 7 with 3120 viewstony_roch975

If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 20:07 - May 7 by pioneer

Looking towards future sales a guarantee that a ST provides entry to 23 games could be a good marketing tool and remove uncertainty arising from the current crisis. Its essentially costless since it avoids any refund discussions and gives the club revenue certainty with every sale.

Also at the moment many of those fortunate enough to be without any disruption to their income are experiencing a savings boom since many of the things they normally spend money on are off limits. Offering some sort of guaranteed ST/23 game pass could be attractive.

I don't think my suggestion precludes yours

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

If current season is declared on 22:36 - May 7 with 3058 viewslyberoc

For my part ,I,m in no position to turn down any discount or refund should it be offered however I,d rather new season tickets to be the same affordable price over any discount/refund
Perhaps an answer would be the remaining tickets for this season be valid for pre season or the tin pot trophy matches next season?
Whatever the club decides I,ll happily go along with as long as its not a hike in ST prices
If current season is declared on 23:09 - May 7 with 3028 viewsTalkingSutty

If current season is declared on 22:36 - May 7 by lyberoc

For my part ,I,m in no position to turn down any discount or refund should it be offered however I,d rather new season tickets to be the same affordable price over any discount/refund
Perhaps an answer would be the remaining tickets for this season be valid for pre season or the tin pot trophy matches next season?
Whatever the club decides I,ll happily go along with as long as its not a hike in ST prices

Yes,we will probably have a fair number of supporters who are really struggling financially at the moment and are worried to death about what the future holds. To suggest that people should be showing sympathy towards the football club when it comes to finances doesn’t sit right really under the current circumstances, well I don’t think it does. The staff and the players will also have their own financial worries, it doesn’t matter what they earn, their overheads will match their wages. If some fans are struggling to purchase their usual season ticket next season then maybe the Club could give them a bit of a helping hand, bearing in mind the curtailing of this seasons fixtures. Contacting those who have failed to renew and having the discreet conversation would be nice. Hopefully the majority of us will be financially ok and will just do what we normally do, renew!
If current season is declared "over" would you pursue a refund for games missed? on 09:43 - May 8 with 2918 viewsdiver

I would not pursue refund anything to help the clubs finances which must be bleak at the moment.I am still paying into goldbond but I do not know if it is still being drawn yet?
If current season is declared on 10:47 - May 8 with 2856 viewsDaleiLama

If current season is declared on 23:09 - May 7 by TalkingSutty

Yes,we will probably have a fair number of supporters who are really struggling financially at the moment and are worried to death about what the future holds. To suggest that people should be showing sympathy towards the football club when it comes to finances doesn’t sit right really under the current circumstances, well I don’t think it does. The staff and the players will also have their own financial worries, it doesn’t matter what they earn, their overheads will match their wages. If some fans are struggling to purchase their usual season ticket next season then maybe the Club could give them a bit of a helping hand, bearing in mind the curtailing of this seasons fixtures. Contacting those who have failed to renew and having the discreet conversation would be nice. Hopefully the majority of us will be financially ok and will just do what we normally do, renew!

Personally, I don't think some empathy with the plight of any person or organisation disadvantaged by this pandemic is out of place, and "feeling sorry" for the club/having concern about finances, does not preclude hope that every individual and family struggling can find a way to put food on the table and keep ahead of the bills. The club is the fans so both need to be in a good place to thrive. Not a dig at your post TS - just my thoughts and an insight into why I posted the polls. Of course, individuals and families come first and as a family club, I would hope that, as you suggest, the club is mindful of this when a new normal resumes.

If current season is declared on 10:59 - May 8 with 2824 viewsD_Alien

Pitch renovation is apparently back on the table, a pretty significant expense at any time but especially now. Are we so sure that the club would struggle to survive given that this outlay isn't being put on hold until something like normality is restored?

[Post edited 8 May 2020 11:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024