Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown 22:14 - Jul 30 with 12266 viewsShun

Lockdown to be tightened from midnight tonight in our area.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53602362
Lockdown on 22:20 - Jul 30 with 5868 viewsJames1980

We have gone from a falling rate of cases in nearly all of our boroughs last week to a rising rate in nine out of 10 affecting communities across a much wider geography," he said. "In Rochdale, the one borough where cases have fallen, they are still too high."

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Lockdown on 22:35 - Jul 30 with 5828 viewsLAClues

Lockdown on 22:20 - Jul 30 by James1980

We have gone from a falling rate of cases in nearly all of our boroughs last week to a rising rate in nine out of 10 affecting communities across a much wider geography," he said. "In Rochdale, the one borough where cases have fallen, they are still too high."

Hey, the too high bit is drugs related yeah?
Lockdown on 06:55 - Jul 31 with 5631 viewsisitme

They had fallen in Rochdale 31% last week. The reality is that this is a measure brought in to coincide with Eid this weekend.
Lockdown on 07:46 - Jul 31 with 5579 viewsrod_leach

Lockdown on 06:55 - Jul 31 by isitme

They had fallen in Rochdale 31% last week. The reality is that this is a measure brought in to coincide with Eid this weekend.

Why not include the West Midlands and London then, for example?
Lockdown on 08:02 - Jul 31 with 5541 viewsmightydale

Lockdown on 06:55 - Jul 31 by isitme

No way Rochdale should be in lockdown. Pillar 1 testing is up but piller 2 numbers are falling (which is the important Part).

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Lockdown on 08:11 - Jul 31 with 5521 viewsmightydale

Lockdown on 08:02 - Jul 31 by mightydale

No way Rochdale should be in lockdown. Pillar 1 testing is up but piller 2 numbers are falling (which is the important Part).

Look at Oldham you can see the difference between Rochdale and Oldham

Lockdown on 08:33 - Jul 31 with 5475 viewsisitme

Lockdown on 07:46 - Jul 31 by rod_leach

Why not include the West Midlands and London then, for example?

Leicester is included, as is Luton.

Look at Blackburn and Oldham. Two areas with large increases. Press releases mentioned that in Blackburn 90% of the new cases were in 'South Asian communities' whereas in Oldham the figure was 80% from 'Pakistani and Bangladeshi communities'. Look at the areas in Rochdale where there has been an increase in cases. The Rochdale Council Twitter feed has been awash with Eid safety messages and posts from what Mosques are doing to combat the spread.

Infection rates are higher in the areas which have had additional restrictions placed on them compared to the other places you cited. Most of these are in the North of England and the Northwest.

I do find it strange that the when all of Greater Manchester has been included when some areas have much lower infection rates. The inclusion of places such as Hydburn is also bizzare as they have really low single figure infection rates.
Lockdown on 08:54 - Jul 31 with 5416 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Lockdown on 08:58 - Jul 31 with 5403 viewsBartRowou

Can people who live alone and not currently in a support bubble hire themselves out for company/chat/entertainment?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Lockdown on 09:02 - Jul 31 with 5374 viewsAncoats_Blue

Iā€™ve been back up to Rochdale and Littleborough a couple of times to see friends and family in the last few months. Went yesterday. Itā€™s stark how differently the public behave there to where I live in Stockport. A lot of people with no masks or masks just on plain wrong. Covering only the mouth, or only the nose. Really no point wearing one in those cases!
Also great to get a nice ā€œWelcome to Rochdaleā€ when I got into the bus station as a bloke decided to cough up and spit onto the floor next to a load of people waiting for a bus. Lovely.
Lockdown on 09:10 - Jul 31 with 5346 viewsDalenet

Lockdown on 08:33 - Jul 31 by isitme

Leicester is included, as is Luton.

Look at Blackburn and Oldham. Two areas with large increases. Press releases mentioned that in Blackburn 90% of the new cases were in 'South Asian communities' whereas in Oldham the figure was 80% from 'Pakistani and Bangladeshi communities'. Look at the areas in Rochdale where there has been an increase in cases. The Rochdale Council Twitter feed has been awash with Eid safety messages and posts from what Mosques are doing to combat the spread.

Infection rates are higher in the areas which have had additional restrictions placed on them compared to the other places you cited. Most of these are in the North of England and the Northwest.

I do find it strange that the when all of Greater Manchester has been included when some areas have much lower infection rates. The inclusion of places such as Hydburn is also bizzare as they have really low single figure infection rates.

I am convinced it is an Eid issue. Why panic and rush out the rules at 9pm at night the day before? By including boroughs like Rossendale and Hyndburn where infection rates are low they are acutely aware that families will meet across the boroughs this weekend to celebrate.

What is important is that we don't have a cultural divide and a hate of the Asian communities because of the new rules. It has taken years to try and create a more integrated community and this mustn't result in prejudice
Lockdown on 09:10 - Jul 31 with 5344 viewsmightydale

Lockdown on 09:02 - Jul 31 by Ancoats_Blue

Iā€™ve been back up to Rochdale and Littleborough a couple of times to see friends and family in the last few months. Went yesterday. Itā€™s stark how differently the public behave there to where I live in Stockport. A lot of people with no masks or masks just on plain wrong. Covering only the mouth, or only the nose. Really no point wearing one in those cases!
Also great to get a nice ā€œWelcome to Rochdaleā€ when I got into the bus station as a bloke decided to cough up and spit onto the floor next to a load of people waiting for a bus. Lovely.

Where did you see people walking round with no mask.

Every shop/supermarket ive been into 99% of people have been wearing mask.

Lockdown on 09:18 - Jul 31 with 5319 viewsisitme

Lockdown on 09:10 - Jul 31 by Dalenet

I am convinced it is an Eid issue. Why panic and rush out the rules at 9pm at night the day before? By including boroughs like Rossendale and Hyndburn where infection rates are low they are acutely aware that families will meet across the boroughs this weekend to celebrate.

What is important is that we don't have a cultural divide and a hate of the Asian communities because of the new rules. It has taken years to try and create a more integrated community and this mustn't result in prejudice

It is more complex than the narrative that they are more like not to follow the rules. You have multi generational households, more employment in public facing jobs, a greater incidence of underlying health conditions and lower vitamin D levels. Add in a number who do not speak English and understandably you have complex issues.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 9:19]
Lockdown on 11:13 - Jul 31 with 5138 viewsjonahwhereru

If there is a general increase in cases this winter I can see the same restrictions being in place over the festive period. By then will people have compliance exhaustion?
Lockdown on 11:30 - Jul 31 with 5094 viewsisitme

Lockdown on 11:13 - Jul 31 by jonahwhereru

If there is a general increase in cases this winter I can see the same restrictions being in place over the festive period. By then will people have compliance exhaustion?

I suspect people have compliance exhaustion already. There will be loads of people having friends/family round tonight after work, especially as the weather is really nice.
Lockdown on 11:42 - Jul 31 with 5057 viewsD_Alien

I too think that Eid is a factor, but as AncoatsBlue points out, there's a good deal of ignorance around following guidance among the general population in the region that will also have been a contributing factor

I honestly don't think it'll lead to greater prejudice though i.e. not any more than might already exist. Muslims don't mix in pubs without following guidance for instance, which is just as likely to induce greater transmission rates
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 11:44]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lockdown on 12:13 - Jul 31 with 4987 viewsDaleiLama

Lockdown on 11:42 - Jul 31 by D_Alien

I too think that Eid is a factor, but as AncoatsBlue points out, there's a good deal of ignorance around following guidance among the general population in the region that will also have been a contributing factor

I honestly don't think it'll lead to greater prejudice though i.e. not any more than might already exist. Muslims don't mix in pubs without following guidance for instance, which is just as likely to induce greater transmission rates
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 11:44]

As Isitme pointed out above, everything surrounding Covid is complex. Guidance changes daily at times, it needs to be communicated effectively and efficiently, it then needs to be listened to and understood by the population and finally adhered to if it is to work as you rightly point out. That's not easy for people who follow updates, let alone those who couldn't give a flying feck and think they are immune to it. Many, many people will only learn the hard way, but that of course impinges on everyone's life. Common sense, common decency and social responsibility don't apply to an increasing percentage of the population, though thankfully still small.

BoJo is going to do a press conference soon. His tone will be much different to the "everything's open, get out there and fill your boots safely and we'll be back to normality by Christmas". I know he has to encourage commerce again, but I bet the folk who've cancelled Spanish holidays or Jet2 customers having to come home early won't be too chuffed.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Lockdown on 13:19 - Jul 31 with 4877 viewsmingthemerciless

Lockdown on 12:13 - Jul 31 by DaleiLama

As Isitme pointed out above, everything surrounding Covid is complex. Guidance changes daily at times, it needs to be communicated effectively and efficiently, it then needs to be listened to and understood by the population and finally adhered to if it is to work as you rightly point out. That's not easy for people who follow updates, let alone those who couldn't give a flying feck and think they are immune to it. Many, many people will only learn the hard way, but that of course impinges on everyone's life. Common sense, common decency and social responsibility don't apply to an increasing percentage of the population, though thankfully still small.

BoJo is going to do a press conference soon. His tone will be much different to the "everything's open, get out there and fill your boots safely and we'll be back to normality by Christmas". I know he has to encourage commerce again, but I bet the folk who've cancelled Spanish holidays or Jet2 customers having to come home early won't be too chuffed.

It's not looking good for the new football season is it ?

We initially moved our flight to Spain by a week. As things developed we cancelled that flight and moved it to this time next year. Jet2 charged us a small fortune to re-arrange it.
Lockdown on 13:20 - Jul 31 with 4872 viewsAncoats_Blue

Lockdown on 09:10 - Jul 31 by mightydale

Where did you see people walking round with no mask.

Every shop/supermarket ive been into 99% of people have been wearing mask.

Buses, the train station, the main shopping precinct, taxis, super markets. Iā€™m not saying everyone doesnā€™t wear a mask all the time but Iā€™m commenting on what Iā€™ve seen that thereā€™s a contrast between how people behave in Rochdale and how they behave where I live. And guess what? Thereā€™s a lot more positive cases in Dale so Iā€™m guessing Iā€™ve not just seen a one off.
Lockdown on 13:26 - Jul 31 with 4856 viewsAncoats_Blue

100% agree. I think they could have planned and announced this sooner. I was out cycling through Rusholme and Levenshulme on ā€œlittleā€ Eid in May. There wasnā€™t a great deal of social distancing going on then so the writing was on the wall.
Lockdown on 13:38 - Jul 31 with 4837 viewsdiver

Completely confused about visiting pub.Do I have to stand on my own and not speak to anybody and ignore people I know related or not?
Lockdown on 13:44 - Jul 31 with 4815 views442Dale

Lockdown on 13:38 - Jul 31 by diver

Completely confused about visiting pub.Do I have to stand on my own and not speak to anybody and ignore people I know related or not?

Itā€™s worked for years for some of us.

However, on specifics, Andy Burnham is apparently having a press conference soon, this is a decent account to follow:

Edit: sorry wrong tweet, wrong thread. This one:

[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 13:47]

Lockdown on 13:45 - Jul 31 with 4808 viewsD_Alien

Lockdown on 13:38 - Jul 31 by diver

That's my modus operandi at the best of times

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lockdown on 13:50 - Jul 31 with 4784 viewskel

Lockdown on 13:45 - Jul 31 by D_Alien

That's my modus operandi at the best of times

Bad news for the clique though.
Lockdown on 13:53 - Jul 31 with 4761 views442Dale

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024