Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket prices 10:09 - Aug 5 with 44778 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/20-21_sts_announcement/

£200 Sandy
£270 Pearl
£335 Main

[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 10:13]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season ticket prices on 13:13 - Aug 17 with 2128 viewsAtThePeake

Season ticket prices on 13:07 - Aug 17 by D_Alien

That's incredibly frustrating, after your initial troubles

If that issue can be resolved, how about joining me in buying a Dale Family Card?

At worst, £25 spent and access to iFollow at a reduced rate, but also the possibility of getting into a few games?

Does anyone know if there is a time limit on when you can buy a Dale Family Card?

Not sure I want to pay for one now when there could be a limit of 100 tickets on sale for every game, but if the capacity starts to increase, would I be able to purchase one half-way through the season for example?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Season ticket prices on 13:20 - Aug 17 with 2080 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket prices on 13:13 - Aug 17 by AtThePeake

Does anyone know if there is a time limit on when you can buy a Dale Family Card?

Not sure I want to pay for one now when there could be a limit of 100 tickets on sale for every game, but if the capacity starts to increase, would I be able to purchase one half-way through the season for example?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Very good question

I'm not sure why the club would want to put a time limit on buying one (not seen anything), but it's possible they could "close" sales of them if the numbers became so high they were in danger of being inundated (like they are now) for every home game

Something that needs urgent clarification

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season ticket prices on 13:24 - Aug 17 with 2053 viewsDaleiLama

Season ticket prices on 12:32 - Aug 17 by James1980

They should issue you a rewards card at a discount and allow you to attend matches at £14.50 a pop.

Has anyone received a written response to emails sent regarding ticket renewals yet? I know some have received a telephone call.

I'm really ok with it. I'm a fatalist by nature and if it wasn't meant to be maybe there's a reason for that? Life as we knew it has changed. Everyone is making sacrifices, changing the way they do things etc etc. Sky have made it impossible for me to contact them. They were ripping me off, so I cancelled my dd. Now they are chasing me for a late payment fee. They can kiss my @**e. I can't have a foreign holiday this year, but I have booked a nice cottage for a week. Many people aren't in work anymore and are struggling (and in some cases failing) to make ends meet. I can't complain - I'm one of the lucky ones to still be in full time employment. To put it in further perspective, I follow a guy on Twitter as I really like the stuff he tweets. Over the weekend he posted this. "Went to the funeral of my best friend’s dad yesterday. My other best friend’s dad has been in the hospital for the past 3-months – with no visitors. My dad was admitted to the hospital earlier this evening".

As an exile, part of the matchday experience was having a chin wag with folks from my home town which inevitably included a whinge about our club (and occasionally even extended to revelling in our success). The bloke next to me and his 2 mates are giving this season a swerve. Couple of other really good people close to me are being displaced to a new place to watch from. A good mate who I met up with for a couple of pre-match pints will not be renewing his ST and attending less frequently. Everyone will be social distancing so attending matches will be vastly different for everyone where meeting up with people just isn't going to be the same during the pandemic - I include your good-self in that too by the way, even though it's been a while!) We're all having to get used to a new normal and for some, that will involve missing out on trips to Spotland. Life goes on.

For Fermin "part of the delay is getting security clearance for credit cards as the system is new" ……….. understatement of the week right there!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season ticket prices on 13:30 - Aug 17 with 2018 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season ticket prices on 12:18 - Aug 17 by fermin

Been trying off and on all morning and got through not long ago, which took me by surprise. Seems part of the delay is getting security clearance for credit cards as the system is new.

I realised after completing the transaction that I was getting confused over the stand names, so to be honest I am not sure where I have ended up. I think I am in the WIlbutts Lane, which for some bizarre reason I was thinking was called the Pearl Street. Must be getting old!

Didn’t seem any issues with ‘in person’ card payments

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season ticket prices on 13:31 - Aug 17 with 2012 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season ticket prices on 12:32 - Aug 17 by James1980

They should issue you a rewards card at a discount and allow you to attend matches at £14.50 a pop.

Has anyone received a written response to emails sent regarding ticket renewals yet? I know some have received a telephone call.

I emailed DB on sat afternoon, no reply

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season ticket prices on 13:37 - Aug 17 with 1989 viewsDaleiLama

Season ticket prices on 13:03 - Aug 17 by tony_roch975

but how would you have been able to fill out an order form - which seats are available and therefore which seats you want changes in real time as purchases are made and covid distancing then applied - just 'I'd like a ticket' isn't going to be of much use?

Even if there was an "allocate anywhere" option for a ticket as folk didn't give a damn where their seat was, the payment has to go through at the time the seat is allocated. If a cheque subsequently bounced, that may become an issue. The only way round that would be to pre-deposit the cheque and there probably wasn't time to do that? All hypothetical now anyway, and hopefully the system will work better next year for those renewing.

Season ticket prices on 13:41 - Aug 17 with 1969 viewsDaleiLama

Season ticket prices on 13:07 - Aug 17 by D_Alien

That's incredibly frustrating, after your initial troubles

If that issue can be resolved, how about joining me in buying a Dale Family Card?

At worst, £25 spent and access to iFollow at a reduced rate, but also the possibility of getting into a few games?

Might give that a try in the fullness of time and if still available/appropriate. Don't know if this is official yet, but my g/f who is itk a little on gov/local council stuff got a mail this a.m. which looked very ominous in terms of Oldham going into complete lockdown in the not too distant. How are things in Rochdale? I know the areas have many similar challenges.

Season ticket prices on 13:57 - Aug 17 with 1911 viewspioneer

Season ticket prices on 13:24 - Aug 17 by DaleiLama

I'm really ok with it. I'm a fatalist by nature and if it wasn't meant to be maybe there's a reason for that? Life as we knew it has changed. Everyone is making sacrifices, changing the way they do things etc etc. Sky have made it impossible for me to contact them. They were ripping me off, so I cancelled my dd. Now they are chasing me for a late payment fee. They can kiss my @**e. I can't have a foreign holiday this year, but I have booked a nice cottage for a week. Many people aren't in work anymore and are struggling (and in some cases failing) to make ends meet. I can't complain - I'm one of the lucky ones to still be in full time employment. To put it in further perspective, I follow a guy on Twitter as I really like the stuff he tweets. Over the weekend he posted this. "Went to the funeral of my best friend’s dad yesterday. My other best friend’s dad has been in the hospital for the past 3-months – with no visitors. My dad was admitted to the hospital earlier this evening".

As an exile, part of the matchday experience was having a chin wag with folks from my home town which inevitably included a whinge about our club (and occasionally even extended to revelling in our success). The bloke next to me and his 2 mates are giving this season a swerve. Couple of other really good people close to me are being displaced to a new place to watch from. A good mate who I met up with for a couple of pre-match pints will not be renewing his ST and attending less frequently. Everyone will be social distancing so attending matches will be vastly different for everyone where meeting up with people just isn't going to be the same during the pandemic - I include your good-self in that too by the way, even though it's been a while!) We're all having to get used to a new normal and for some, that will involve missing out on trips to Spotland. Life goes on.

For Fermin "part of the delay is getting security clearance for credit cards as the system is new" ……….. understatement of the week right there!

Your ‘life goes on’ is the real point of concern in this. Many folks who are unable to go to games who previously were regulars might find out they dont miss it as much asthey expected and maybe less willing to get back into the habit if and when life returns to normal.
Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket prices on 14:24 - Aug 17 with 1843 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket prices on 13:41 - Aug 17 by DaleiLama

Might give that a try in the fullness of time and if still available/appropriate. Don't know if this is official yet, but my g/f who is itk a little on gov/local council stuff got a mail this a.m. which looked very ominous in terms of Oldham going into complete lockdown in the not too distant. How are things in Rochdale? I know the areas have many similar challenges.

Rochdale's not far behind Oldham in terms of number of cases, but still the numbers admitted to hospital and subsequent mortality figures continue to stay at the low they've been at for the past few weeks. This seems to be a trend throughout the UK, although not unfortunately in the case of those you referenced in the tweet

I'm awaiting clarification on how the DFC will work in real terms, and as ATP indicated, there are real issues to be considered. If the club don't put that information out there - and we know they'll be reading this - i won't be buying

The idea put forward by 442 of allocated specific blocks of DFCs to specific games has its merits, but if say 1000 fans have to scramble to get hold of say, 100-300 tickets pre-match, it's just more of the same ballache you and others experienced, but every week or so...
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 14:27]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season ticket prices on 14:41 - Aug 17 with 1796 viewsdawlishdale

Season ticket prices on 14:24 - Aug 17 by D_Alien

Rochdale's not far behind Oldham in terms of number of cases, but still the numbers admitted to hospital and subsequent mortality figures continue to stay at the low they've been at for the past few weeks. This seems to be a trend throughout the UK, although not unfortunately in the case of those you referenced in the tweet

I'm awaiting clarification on how the DFC will work in real terms, and as ATP indicated, there are real issues to be considered. If the club don't put that information out there - and we know they'll be reading this - i won't be buying

The idea put forward by 442 of allocated specific blocks of DFCs to specific games has its merits, but if say 1000 fans have to scramble to get hold of say, 100-300 tickets pre-match, it's just more of the same ballache you and others experienced, but every week or so...

Pretty sure the club have only allocated 100 places for holders of the Family Rewards Cards whilst the current restrictions apply.

These 100 tickets are to be sold on a first come first served basis, and must be bought in advance of Matchday. This potentially means that fans could purchase a Family rewards Card, but not be able to get a ticket.

Can't imagine that this will go down well with someone who has paid out £25 but can't get in. Or; does it mean that they will be able to get in, but will have to pay full price?

It's just not very clear, and requires clarification from the club.
Season ticket prices on 14:51 - Aug 17 with 1773 viewsSuddenLad

Season ticket prices on 14:41 - Aug 17 by dawlishdale

Pretty sure the club have only allocated 100 places for holders of the Family Rewards Cards whilst the current restrictions apply.

These 100 tickets are to be sold on a first come first served basis, and must be bought in advance of Matchday. This potentially means that fans could purchase a Family rewards Card, but not be able to get a ticket.

Can't imagine that this will go down well with someone who has paid out £25 but can't get in. Or; does it mean that they will be able to get in, but will have to pay full price?

It's just not very clear, and requires clarification from the club.

The important thing is to make purchasers aware BEFORE they buy, that they are effectively buying a raffle ticket and that there is NO guarantee that they will get to see a match at the stadium.

Knowledge is power. Once they know that, they can make a measured decision based on that. If they buy a FC thinking that it guarantees them entry, there will be an outcry when it becomes apparent that isn't so.

Make it abundantly clear, wherever necessary and frequently, so that purchasers KNOW.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season ticket prices on 15:02 - Aug 17 with 1749 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season ticket prices on 14:24 - Aug 17 by D_Alien

Rochdale is quite a long way off Oldham’s numbers, and cases appear to be levelling off. I suspect that one of the reasons serious illness isn’t occurring is that it’s young people who are catching it, as they seem to be the ones ignoring the rules most, at least 3 bars in Rochdale not taking details, ensuring distancing. Last weekend in Manchester most places were quite strict, indeed the Knott bar has today declared they are shutting until restrictions are loosened as the can’t make the business pay. I noticed they only had 2 tables on their balcony. Next door the Atlas bar wouldn’t let us in as we were a group of 6. Other places including Wetherspoons didn’t bother , and didn’t ask for details. Just been reading about an Asian wedding venue allowing over 100 in, without distancing

Season ticket prices on 15:40 - Aug 17 with 1655 viewsstandale

Season ticket prices on 15:02 - Aug 17 by rochdaleriddler

Rochdale is quite a long way off Oldham’s numbers, and cases appear to be levelling off. I suspect that one of the reasons serious illness isn’t occurring is that it’s young people who are catching it, as they seem to be the ones ignoring the rules most, at least 3 bars in Rochdale not taking details, ensuring distancing. Last weekend in Manchester most places were quite strict, indeed the Knott bar has today declared they are shutting until restrictions are loosened as the can’t make the business pay. I noticed they only had 2 tables on their balcony. Next door the Atlas bar wouldn’t let us in as we were a group of 6. Other places including Wetherspoons didn’t bother , and didn’t ask for details. Just been reading about an Asian wedding venue allowing over 100 in, without distancing

Not sure what relevance being an Asian wedding venue is, a venue of any variety breaking the rules is wrong, seems a bit of a racist comment.
Season ticket prices on 15:46 - Aug 17 with 1634 viewsSuddenLad

Season ticket prices on 15:40 - Aug 17 by standale

Not sure what relevance being an Asian wedding venue is, a venue of any variety breaking the rules is wrong, seems a bit of a racist comment.

If you want mass gatherings, a local rugby club might be a good place to start, never mind Asian weddings.

Season ticket prices on 15:49 - Aug 17 with 1630 viewsisitme

You must have missed the comments about Wetherspoons not following rules in Riddler's post. I may disagree with a lot of what Riddler says policitically, but he is certainly not a racist. The two major lockdown breeches highlight by the police tied into areas of enhanced lockdown measures were the wedding in Blackburn and the rave in Gorton.

I suppose some people see racism everywhere!
Season ticket prices on 15:55 - Aug 17 with 1602 viewsstandale

Season ticket prices on 15:49 - Aug 17 by isitme

You must have missed the comments about Wetherspoons not following rules in Riddler's post. I may disagree with a lot of what Riddler says policitically, but he is certainly not a racist. The two major lockdown breeches highlight by the police tied into areas of enhanced lockdown measures were the wedding in Blackburn and the rave in Gorton.

I suppose some people see racism everywhere!

That actually is my point. I don’t think RR is one bit racist, but that comment could be construed as racist even though I don’t actually really think it is, and he has labelled people on this forum , when they clearly aren’t, and it’s not nice.
Season ticket prices on 15:57 - Aug 17 with 1595 viewsSuddenLad

Season ticket prices on 15:55 - Aug 17 by standale

That actually is my point. I don’t think RR is one bit racist, but that comment could be construed as racist even though I don’t actually really think it is, and he has labelled people on this forum , when they clearly aren’t, and it’s not nice.

I don't think for a minute it can be construed as a 'racist comment' when it is a simple matter of fact.

There are many places where breaches of the regulations are taking place and he highlighted just one of them. Social media is alive with many other examples.

Season ticket prices on 15:58 - Aug 17 with 1594 viewsmightydale

Don't know riddler , and deffo don't agree with 99% of the things he says, but he's deffo not a racist . Think you need to give you're head a wobble.

Like isitme said people see racism everywhere.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Season ticket prices on 16:14 - Aug 17 with 1530 viewsstandale

Season ticket prices on 15:57 - Aug 17 by SuddenLad

I don't think for a minute it can be construed as a 'racist comment' when it is a simple matter of fact.

There are many places where breaches of the regulations are taking place and he highlighted just one of them. Social media is alive with many other examples.

So why make a point of it being an Asian wedding venue, I can’t see the relevance in the word Asian, like you’ve pointed out there seems to be plenty of other venues breaking the rules.
Season ticket prices on 16:15 - Aug 17 with 1523 viewsEllDale

You don't have to look far to see examples of social distancing recommendations being ignored or flouted.
I was in the queue at Willbutts Lane chippy last Saturday teatime when three taxis drew up outside a house in the next block and about ten lads went in, each carrying a box of beer.
And they were giddy then!
Season ticket prices on 16:19 - Aug 17 with 1501 viewsrochdaleriddler

The only reason I mentioned, apart from the fact I had just read it, is because after listing problems with pubs I was sure someone would point out the large Asian gatherings last week also. I was just offering a bit of balance. You can call me many things, but racist isn’t one of them. Perhaps I should have pointed out the people in the pubs were predominantly white.

Season ticket prices on 16:24 - Aug 17 with 1470 viewsstandale

Season ticket prices on 16:19 - Aug 17 by rochdaleriddler

The only reason I mentioned, apart from the fact I had just read it, is because after listing problems with pubs I was sure someone would point out the large Asian gatherings last week also. I was just offering a bit of balance. You can call me many things, but racist isn’t one of them. Perhaps I should have pointed out the people in the pubs were predominantly white.

read my first reply to isitme
Season ticket prices on 16:25 - Aug 17 with 1468 viewsSuddenLad

Season ticket prices on 16:14 - Aug 17 by standale

So why make a point of it being an Asian wedding venue, I can’t see the relevance in the word Asian, like you’ve pointed out there seems to be plenty of other venues breaking the rules.

In his whole post, he makes reference to several venues elsewhere. He also refers to an Asian wedding, not in isolation but as a further example. Nothing whatsoever remotely racist. A balanced post, making a valid point.

Season ticket prices on 16:32 - Aug 17 with 1434 viewsrochdaleriddler

Season ticket prices on 16:24 - Aug 17 by standale

read my first reply to isitme

I’ve only called two people out on here for racism( I think). One said black people were’predisposed’ to certain crimes. The other said white people are better managers than black people. I’m not wishing to get into an argument, so I’ll leave it there

Season ticket prices on 16:54 - Aug 17 with 1361 viewsdiver

Will I be allowed to use my fold up garden chair on Sandy Lane should be plenty of space for it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024