Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New kits 12:02 - Aug 14 with 5263 viewsIOMDale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/20-21_kitsreleased/

UTDNFS

New kits on 12:03 - Aug 14 with 3416 viewsIOMDale

Not sure I'm super keen on the neckline for the home and away shirts. The retro kit is a winner, mind.

UTDNFS

New kits on 12:07 - Aug 14 with 3379 viewsSaxonDale

Didn’t vote for it but will definitely buy the 3rd kit. Tempted to also buy all the away kits just so I don’t ever have to see them again.
New kits on 12:10 - Aug 14 with 3348 viewsNigeriamark

New kits on 12:07 - Aug 14 by SaxonDale

Didn’t vote for it but will definitely buy the 3rd kit. Tempted to also buy all the away kits just so I don’t ever have to see them again.

Will get the away kit. Was my second choice after kit A which seems to have been second in the vote but is still very good. Hope we actually use it for some away games as I don't like the away kit, although perhaps it looks better than the photo's when you get hold of one
New kits on 12:12 - Aug 14 with 3330 viewsfunkkk

Don't like the black arms on the home shirt, blue should always be the predominant colour. Never liked us having a red logo on our shirt either.

No real view on the away but the badge looks a bit weird.

The retro kit looks very good 👍🏼
New kits on 12:15 - Aug 14 with 3291 viewsCedar_Room

first impression is I like them all - the retro kit was my choice. I owned and wore the original more than many other during that era. The home shirt is slightly different with black being predominant and the jagged lines. We've had much worse in recent years that's for sure.
New kits on 12:15 - Aug 14 with 3290 viewsAncoats_Blue

Actually really like all 3. Will buy an away or 3rd shirt tomorrow. Need to decide which...
New kits on 12:20 - Aug 14 with 3230 viewsTVOS1907

Is that our team on the pictures?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New kits on 12:23 - Aug 14 with 3206 views442Dale

Home shirt - again similar to previous years with the width of the stripes but at least it’s changed with the sleeves, but this makes black far too prominent. The kit then becomes too dark especially with black shorts. Would be much better with white shorts but like we have gone with the option to try black socks at home.

Third kit - by far the best, a decent collar too. That bit about the EFL saying it’s too close in colour to be the away kit: so have they said the same to Southend who have two shades of blue as home and away kits and will need a third kit. Will the EFL tell them they can’t call a shirt an “away kit” too?

Away kit - why? It’s a colour that may not be able to used against blue by some refs as well!

Also, are the socks set in stone as they’re black for every kit!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

New kits on 12:23 - Aug 14 with 3198 viewsboromat

All a bit meh.

Probably buy the green 'retro' one. As I've always liked the green and black stripes but we had one not that long ago think it was a special release so was hoping for something different.

Home kit is pretty standard. (EDIT) Just realised the home kit is missing any white which is a shame.

Away kit I'm not sure might be a grower.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 12:29]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

New kits on 12:24 - Aug 14 with 3196 viewsBrierls

Very (very) pleasantly surprised.

Home - Really like it. Additional bit of detail with the design leaking onto the collar and like how its not a solid stripe at the top. The thing you could pick at is the black sleeves, not blue, but thats not a huge deal. It looks good.

Away - Jury is out. It's certainly a colour that we've not had before and tried to do something different with the badge. I think this one will be a grower. It'll look good in the summer.

Retro - A thing of beauty. I voted for the Yellow with Blue pinstripe but this was a close second. The implementation of it is excellent. Hats off to Errea on this one.

In summary...the club, and Errea, have done really well with the kits this season. I'm happy with those kits as a whole. The proof is in the pudding, will I buy them?...yes, I'll get all three.
New kits on 12:25 - Aug 14 with 3192 viewsDaleFan7

Not a fan of the home shirt with the black sleeves. Do quite like the away kit, though I bought last year's away kit and we probably wore it twice.
New kits on 12:27 - Aug 14 with 3168 viewsTVOS1907

New kits on 12:23 - Aug 14 by 442Dale

Home shirt - again similar to previous years with the width of the stripes but at least it’s changed with the sleeves, but this makes black far too prominent. The kit then becomes too dark especially with black shorts. Would be much better with white shorts but like we have gone with the option to try black socks at home.

Third kit - by far the best, a decent collar too. That bit about the EFL saying it’s too close in colour to be the away kit: so have they said the same to Southend who have two shades of blue as home and away kits and will need a third kit. Will the EFL tell them they can’t call a shirt an “away kit” too?

Away kit - why? It’s a colour that may not be able to used against blue by some refs as well!

The description on the o/s says the away socks are mint green, so maybe they haven't arrived.

And to be pedantic, the 1995-97 away kit had green socks, as seen here:

Otherwise, I like them all, although I think I'll stick to buying the darker coloured ones.

New kits on 12:31 - Aug 14 with 3117 viewsD_Alien

New kits on 12:23 - Aug 14 by 442Dale

"Also, are the socks set in stone..."

No, we just played like it at times last season

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New kits on 12:46 - Aug 14 with 3009 viewsfitzochris

New kits on 12:31 - Aug 14 by D_Alien

"Also, are the socks set in stone..."

No, we just played like it at times last season

Hahaha! Brilliant.

Certainly a fan of the home and “third” kit. I’ll actually be purchasing a kit, maybe two, this season.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New kits on 12:47 - Aug 14 with 3004 viewsTVOS1907

On the online shop, one image shows the home kit with blue shorts & socks, another with black shorts and blue socks, but the story says black shorts and black socks.

EDIT: The online shop is advertising the home socks as blue.

Sounds like a job for Detective 442Dale!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 16:33]

New kits on 12:48 - Aug 14 with 3004 viewsCedar_Room

Errea just tweeted this image for the new home kit, with blue shorts

https://ibb.co/BwDv0SB

But it’s on sale in the online club shop as having black shorts

https://ibb.co/dkkyKgv

So perhaps we’ll see both depending on the opposition?
New kits on 12:48 - Aug 14 with 3003 viewsAtThePeake

Not bought a new kit for quite a while but would've bought the third one had I not got the original 95-97 one from Classic Football Shirts a few weeks ago.

All three kits are great though, fair play to Errea this time.

Tangled up in blue.

New kits on 12:51 - Aug 14 with 2985 views442Dale

New kits on 12:47 - Aug 14 by TVOS1907

On the online shop, one image shows the home kit with blue shorts & socks, another with black shorts and blue socks, but the story says black shorts and black socks.

EDIT: The online shop is advertising the home socks as blue.

Sounds like a job for Detective 442Dale!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 16:33]

Put the EFL rules in Dusty Bin.

New kits on 13:03 - Aug 14 with 2925 viewsSandyman

New kits on 12:27 - Aug 14 by TVOS1907

The description on the o/s says the away socks are mint green, so maybe they haven't arrived.

And to be pedantic, the 1995-97 away kit had green socks, as seen here:

Otherwise, I like them all, although I think I'll stick to buying the darker coloured ones.

Graham Barlow
New kits on 13:08 - Aug 14 with 2893 viewsTVOS1907

New kits on 13:03 - Aug 14 by Sandyman

Graham Barlow

Former Middlesex batsman? (Edit: Or was it Kent?)

He would have done a better job!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 13:26]

New kits on 13:34 - Aug 14 with 2741 viewsShun

I like all three, especially the third. Good job, the club and Errea.

The sponsor on the away and 3rd kits show that they’re willing to have their logo colour changed. I appreciate they wouldn’t want it changed for the shirt that’s on display the most, but I do think it would look better in white on the home kit.
New kits on 15:08 - Aug 14 with 2455 viewsmacro

Bit underwhelmed. 3rd kits is good. Don't understsnd the logic of 2 green kits
New kits on 15:26 - Aug 14 with 2409 views442Dale

New kits on 15:08 - Aug 14 by macro

Bit underwhelmed. 3rd kits is good. Don't understsnd the logic of 2 green kits

Plymouth had three kits containing various amounts of green last season
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/English_Football_League/season/2019-2020/league-

And the season before that their away kit was green and white quarters. Maybe the EFL weren’t as particular about kits back then.
#stayalertcontrolthevirusmakeityour3rdkit
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 15:27]

New kits on 16:16 - Aug 14 with 2255 viewsscarrow

New kits on 15:26 - Aug 14 by 442Dale

Plymouth had three kits containing various amounts of green last season
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/English_Football_League/season/2019-2020/league-

And the season before that their away kit was green and white quarters. Maybe the EFL weren’t as particular about kits back then.
#stayalertcontrolthevirusmakeityour3rdkit
[Post edited 14 Aug 2020 15:27]

Would that work if Plymouth played in Blue - maybe they gave them some leeway as they are the only club who play in green. Bet Dale couldn't a first kit of blue and black stripes and a 2nd of blue and white quarters

Poll: Final position

New kits on 16:19 - Aug 14 with 2250 viewsTVOS1907

New kits on 16:16 - Aug 14 by scarrow

Would that work if Plymouth played in Blue - maybe they gave them some leeway as they are the only club who play in green. Bet Dale couldn't a first kit of blue and black stripes and a 2nd of blue and white quarters

Southend have got two blue kits this season, so anything's possible.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024