Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford 19:45 - Jan 25 with 28808 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Oxford 25th Jan 2021 19:42
Rochdale take on League One's form team on Tuesday night as Oxford United make the trip north to Spotland. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:25 - Jan 27 with 1654 viewsBillyRudd

Have just read BBM,s post match thoughts.
Reminds me of the chap that was so convinced he had a winning blackjack formula, he jetted off to Las Vegas.
A week later his wife got a telegram reading....

"System great and improving all the time. Please send more money"!

Last time I looked at the table Brian we certainly looked like "relegation fodder" to me.
A serious question please, Is he blind to the situation or just plain stubborn? Thoughts?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:47 - Jan 27 with 1580 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:25 - Jan 27 by BillyRudd

Reminds me of the chap that was so convinced he had a winning blackjack formula, he jetted off to Las Vegas.

Last time I looked at the table Brian we certainly looked like "relegation fodder" to me.
A serious question please, Is he blind to the situation or just plain stubborn? Thoughts?

He has said a few times in interviews how people thought we wouldn't score many goals this season. I know we won't know as fans, but have the squad got too obsessed proving that they can score goals they forgotten the bit about preventing them going in our own net.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 19:00 - Jan 27 with 1528 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:47 - Jan 27 by James1980

He has said a few times in interviews how people thought we wouldn't score many goals this season. I know we won't know as fans, but have the squad got too obsessed proving that they can score goals they forgotten the bit about preventing them going in our own net.

I was at an away game a few years ago, think it was Scunthorpe and Joe Rafferty was sat in the stand a few seats away from me and they scored from a set piece.

I asked him if the team trained defensively for this as it was another season similar to ours.

His response? Yes every day in training...

Didn’t want to upset him so said nowt....

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 19:01 - Jan 27 with 1529 viewsSunningDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:25 - Jan 27 by BillyRudd

If you take the recent results in isolation, a draw against a decent Crewe team, a draw at Charlton, a narrow defeat at Donny, a draw at Gillingham and a heartbreak defeat last night against a team who beat us comfortably at their place....But for some appalling game management (which I agree must be priority to work on) we easily could've taken at least six more points from these games. Can you say with any confidence that we'd have had this run of results a couple of months ago?

Maybe he has a point about performances improving? The next half a dozen games or so will give a much better idea of where we're at.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 19:14 - Jan 27 with 1480 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 19:01 - Jan 27 by SunningDale

If you take the recent results in isolation, a draw against a decent Crewe team, a draw at Charlton, a narrow defeat at Donny, a draw at Gillingham and a heartbreak defeat last night against a team who beat us comfortably at their place....But for some appalling game management (which I agree must be priority to work on) we easily could've taken at least six more points from these games. Can you say with any confidence that we'd have had this run of results a couple of months ago?

Maybe he has a point about performances improving? The next half a dozen games or so will give a much better idea of where we're at.

I agree to some extent doesn't stop me from being massively frustrated.

With everybody fit I'd be confident going into the next set of matches, that on paper look so important. However we've not had a fully fit squad all season and that really worries me.

I've said it before but if we're going to start improving at the end of games, without a full squad, we need to start trusting the young players on the bench. A brave thing to do but with the opponent's able to bring on 5 fresh legs our lads are blowing at the end and keeping clear heads can't be easy.

Definitely doesn't look like we'll get much in the way of reinforcements now so I'm not sure what the options are.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 19:45 - Jan 27 with 1420 views49thseason

Its like playing "whack-a-mole" at this club... first we lose Humphrys for 6 games at the start of the season, then Mc Shane disappears for weeks meanwhile McLaughlin, Ryan and Beesley are in and out of the side like elbows in a string quartet, Then O'Connell is out , McNulty has 3 games off, Bazunu is out for weeks after international duty,. How can you organise a defence when the dressing room is like an episode of Casualty?

We have played 24League games and only Morley has played every game and only 5 players including Morley have played over 20

This squad was never big enough considering the frailty of so many of its components. Its hard to imagine BBM saying to the board, "don't worry I can manage with this lot" so the blame falls on the lack of cash in the playing budget, and this following a decent clear-out which must have saved a few quid. And even if everyone agreed that the squad was big enough taking all the kids into account, would it have broken the bank to bring in a couple of experienced older pro's to shore up the inexperienced kids rather than office staff and more coaching staff? I would rather have a healthy midfield destroyer and a 6' 4" centre half than have my inbox and twitter filled with patronising BS and a defence that leaks like the Cabinet Office.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 19:47 - Jan 27 with 1417 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 19:14 - Jan 27 by boromat

I agree to some extent doesn't stop me from being massively frustrated.

With everybody fit I'd be confident going into the next set of matches, that on paper look so important. However we've not had a fully fit squad all season and that really worries me.

I've said it before but if we're going to start improving at the end of games, without a full squad, we need to start trusting the young players on the bench. A brave thing to do but with the opponent's able to bring on 5 fresh legs our lads are blowing at the end and keeping clear heads can't be easy.

Definitely doesn't look like we'll get much in the way of reinforcements now so I'm not sure what the options are.

That's a great point about the subs, particularly with the heavy schedule of Saturday/Tuesday games. It doesn't seem that BBM has a great deal of faith in the youngsters, particularly with the season long travails at left back and we haven't seen so much as a cameo from Joe Dunne.

McNulty is available again Saturday (not a plus for some, I know), then we have a clear week before the next game, by which time O'Connell should hopefully be nearing a return. Has there been any news on Beesley? Ryan, McLaughlin and McShane I've more or less given up on making any meaningful consistent contribution this season.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 20:01 - Jan 27 with 1388 viewsjudd

When you seek to improve performance there needs to be something accomplished.

Improving performance means working on weak areas and demonstrating a progressive result.

What has happened that has improved our home form, games won, goals conceded?

Or am I missing something?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 20:09 - Jan 27 with 1360 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 20:01 - Jan 27 by judd

Improving performance means working on weak areas and demonstrating a progressive result.

After listening to his latest post match interview and comparing what I hear to what BBM seems to believe is happening, I can only conclude he must have had "an guinness" prior
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 20:10 - Jan 27 with 1359 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 20:01 - Jan 27 by judd

We've scored lots of goals Some mean nasty fans said we'd struggle to score. They've been proven wrong so

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 20:20 - Jan 27 with 1328 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 18:47 - Jan 27 by James1980

No

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 20:31 - Jan 27 with 1302 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 20:10 - Jan 27 by James1980

We've scored lots of goals Some mean nasty fans said we'd struggle to score. They've been proven wrong so

Scoring goals is just one aspect of performance in a game and to his credit he's gone in the right direction.

For the record I am not calling for his head.

And credit for continuing the debate ,James.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 20:43 - Jan 27 with 1273 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 20:31 - Jan 27 by judd

Scoring goals is just one aspect of performance in a game and to his credit he's gone in the right direction.

For the record I am not calling for his head.

And credit for continuing the debate ,James.

Thank you Judd, there was a poor attempt at humour in that post of mine.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 20:45 - Jan 27 with 1269 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 20:43 - Jan 27 by James1980

Thank you Judd, there was a poor attempt at humour in that post of mine.

No, I laughed. I got your point.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 20:45 - Jan 27 with 1270 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 20:20 - Jan 27 by TVOS1907

No

That told me then

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 20:50 - Jan 27 with 1253 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 20:45 - Jan 27 by James1980

That told me then

Well the answer could only have been one of two things.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:05 - Jan 27 with 1215 viewspioneer

6 of bottom 9 teams play each other on Saturday. Expect some changes in the league table.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:14 - Jan 27 with 1195 viewsseasidedale

McLaughlin wasn’t injured yesterday he was in self isolation
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:26 - Jan 27 with 1168 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:05 - Jan 27 by pioneer

6 of bottom 9 teams play each other on Saturday. Expect some changes in the league table.

We are 4/6 to go down with Skybet.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 02:06 - Jan 28 with 1013 viewsYadHoDale

I've just watched the goals again. They show a remarkable symmetry.
Done and Agyei both drilling hard low shots into the corner
Lund and Moore both using their aerial ability and timing to convert decent crosses.
Humphrys and Henry both scoring excellent individual goals.
Morley nearly caught the keeper out, Shodipo had work to do and the composure to curle the ball high into the net rather than whack it.

Fine lines, and all that...
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 07:55 - Jan 28 with 904 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 02:06 - Jan 28 by YadHoDale

I've just watched the goals again. They show a remarkable symmetry.
Done and Agyei both drilling hard low shots into the corner
Lund and Moore both using their aerial ability and timing to convert decent crosses.
Humphrys and Henry both scoring excellent individual goals.
Morley nearly caught the keeper out, Shodipo had work to do and the composure to curle the ball high into the net rather than whack it.

Fine lines, and all that...

Yes, fine lines if you take this one game in isolation. And if this was one game in isolation, I think the vast majority of supporters would accept the result.

Sadly, it’s part of a pattern of games where goals have been conceded in a manner that have been highlighted ad infinitum on this thread, other threads and away from this forum.

It is far from an hysterical overreaction.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 09:11 - Jan 28 with 822 viewsChaffRAFC

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:26 - Jan 27 by James1980

We are 4/6 to go down with Skybet.

We were the same price before the season even started.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 09:15 - Jan 28 with 813 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 09:11 - Jan 28 by ChaffRAFC

We were the same price before the season even started.

Have they lengthened at any point?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 09:18 - Jan 28 with 802 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 09:15 - Jan 28 by James1980

Have they lengthened at any point?

Only when it's warm it gets a bit longer....
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 09:42 - Jan 28 with 774 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 09:18 - Jan 28 by nordenblue

Only when it's warm it gets a bit longer....

Fnarr fnarr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024