Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale 22:00 - Feb 22 with 18957 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Northampton vs Rochdale 22nd Feb 2021 21:56
It's six-pointer time for Dale on Tuesday night as they make the trip to Sixfields to take on fellow strugglers Northampton Town. 2

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:44 - Feb 23 with 2030 viewsBarrowdale

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:40 - Feb 23 by Yorkshire_Dale

Perhaps bringing on Done would help.....he usually runs round for a few minutes when he comes on?

Morley at ultra left back works well too Brian!!
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:45 - Feb 23 with 1978 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:44 - Feb 23 by boromat

Another attacking option would be good Beesley, Vale or Tavares maybe

None of them are available .......Tavares sings elsewhere.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:48 - Feb 23 with 1874 viewsdawlishdale

One of the poorest quality matches I've ever seen.

Two shocking teams in horrible conditions.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:49 - Feb 23 with 1860 viewsbeat_the_bishop

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:44 - Feb 23 by Barrowdale

Morley at ultra left back works well too Brian!!

Woeful tactic applied by a woeful player. Our midfield is supposed to play in the middle of the field last time I checked? Precisely why we have created zero opportunities all evening.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:50 - Feb 23 with 1814 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:45 - Feb 23 by Yorkshire_Dale

None of them are available .......Tavares sings elsewhere.

Really?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:54 - Feb 23 with 1693 views442Dale

Awful.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:55 - Feb 23 with 1652 viewsFrog

A great performance and another clean sheet against a very capable and tricky opposition. Proud of the lads tonight.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:55 - Feb 23 with 1621 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:54 - Feb 23 by 442Dale

Awful.

Throw the towel in Brian!
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:56 - Feb 23 with 1572 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:55 - Feb 23 by Frog

A great performance and another clean sheet against a very capable and tricky opposition. Proud of the lads tonight.

Brilliant, again no doubt.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:56 - Feb 23 with 1572 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:54 - Feb 23 by 442Dale

Awful.

wasn't that good. We deserve to go down. We wouldn't be top half of League Two with this style of play. No creativity, no urgency, no passion, no idea. I am not watching any BBM interviews for my own sanity
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:57 - Feb 23 with 1554 viewsRotherhamDale

Wow that was bad. The conditions didn't help but we somehow managed to not play them appropriately in either half.

Its a good job Northampton are as bad as we are

Possession with progression.

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:58 - Feb 23 with 1500 views442Dale

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:56 - Feb 23 by Sandyman

Brilliant, again no doubt.

Excited about the Burton game.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:58 - Feb 23 with 1492 viewsmilnrowblue

It wouldn’t have mattered if we’d have won that game, it was yet another uninspiring performance.

O’Connell, McNulty, Morely, Bazunu, hoof it up to absolute nobody, repeat as soon as you get the ball back.

Somebody needs to get in Morely’s ear and tell him he’s not the apparent quarter back he thinks he is, whether it be from open play, set pieces or that abhorrent kick off routine that hasn’t paid off once in at least 12 months, if ever. You are actually allowed to keep the ball on the ground, and with wind like that being a professional footballer you’d hope they’d have realised early on.

Half relying on a Sunday league set piece routine to drag us out of the you know what? Pull the other one.

No urgency, no vision, and apparently no idea that we’re fighting for survival apart from Humphries and Rathbone. Pathetic.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:59 - Feb 23 with 1471 viewsBarrowdale

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:50 - Feb 23 by boromat

Really?

Simply the most tactically inept half of football ive ever seen. Every pss poor sunday league player knows where the defence shoulb when their keeper cant reach half way. Utter garbage
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:00 - Feb 23 with 1429 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:55 - Feb 23 by Frog

Amazing. Kept up our great form. They all put in a shift tonight and were incredible.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:00 - Feb 23 with 1424 viewsEllDale

Pretty dire stuff that.
Best thing that can be said is that the wind perhaps spoilt the game.
In reality it was two teams who demonstrated why the league table doesn’t lie at this time of the season.
Oh, how we celebrated drawing against them at home.
I suppose that we’d have been happy with one goal conceded in three games at one stage of the season.
Just shows how much we rely on Lund for goals.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:00 - Feb 23 with 1404 viewsjpresto

Can i have my tenner back for not giving me what i paid for; entertainment
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:01 - Feb 23 with 1373 viewsboromat

Conditions were terrible we defended well against them in the first half and the clean sheet is great but the second half we have to use the conditions to our advantage. Not sure why Shaugnessy goes up front when Done could have gone up there to try and get in behind, yes he hasn't got the pace he used to but against tired legs on that bobbly pitch at least we would have asked a few questions. Baah didn't really get involved enough and for me the last hand full of games have been Humphrys worst for us this season not getting on the ball enough whether that's his fault or the teams I'm not sure, he looks very frustrated out there though and he has to score in that first half.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 21:04]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:01 - Feb 23 with 1359 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:58 - Feb 23 by 442Dale

Excited about the Burton game.

If they beat us by four, they go above us, and i wouldn't put it past them on current form

You'd back them to put at least one past us, and we haven't scored for about 340 minutes

[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 21:02]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:01 - Feb 23 with 1356 viewsSaxonDale

Was always going to be a slog of a watch given the conditions. Will be amazed if Northampton stay up- thought they looked very poor. Tonight highlighted how much we will desperately miss Lund- at least until Beesley is back fit. Second clean sheet should be commended though- although the conditions clearly played a factor.

Saturday is a huge game.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:01 - Feb 23 with 1349 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 20:57 - Feb 23 by RotherhamDale

Wow that was bad. The conditions didn't help but we somehow managed to not play them appropriately in either half.

Its a good job Northampton are as bad as we are

Conditions didn't help but with them in our favour in the second half a scuffed shot by Baah was pretty much our only chance. didn't deserve any more than a point & they probably shaded the match overall. That Humphries miss in the first half could have really set us going but not to be. Massive pressure on us to win Saturday as we won't get much from the 5 following games. Other than Burton, no-one else in the bottom 7 really wants to win games either which is a small saving grace at the moment. Not much else is !!
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:02 - Feb 23 with 1325 viewsSandyman

Wins for AFC Wimbledon, Wigan and Burton. Looks like they want to stay in League 1 unlike our lot.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:03 - Feb 23 with 1306 viewsIOMDale

After watching that, I feel quietly confident in saying that I’ve just seen a game between two of the four teams who will end up being relegated.

That’s as insipid and uninspired a match as I’ve seen in quite some time. No energy, no inspiration, no quality, no ingenuity. There was plenty of fight, I’ll give both sides that. As a caveat, the conditions were awful but still, that performance belonged at the nether regions of League Two.

I was still confident, pre-game, that we’d stay up. I’m not even half as confident now.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:03 - Feb 23 with 1289 viewsDaleiLama

The Cobblers were. And we couldn't beat them. Just can't see how we survive now as we never have a plan B. We shouldn't be where we are now. Struggling to see how BBM can survive that too
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 21:09]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:04 - Feb 23 with 1275 viewsJames1980

Well considering I start work at 6am that soporific performance was just what was need 😁, cheers to both teams. A last second Dale goal would've been good.
Don't despair though we are now unbeaten in two. Although only on GD we are still top of the LO7.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024