Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale 22:00 - Feb 22 with 18952 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Northampton vs Rochdale 22nd Feb 2021 21:56
It's six-pointer time for Dale on Tuesday night as they make the trip to Sixfields to take on fellow strugglers Northampton Town. 2

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:06 - Feb 23 with 2059 viewsShun

So in the League of 7, three won, three drew and one lost.

And we’re only 1 point off the bottom 4.

Lovely.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:06 - Feb 23 with 2057 viewsDorsetDale

How does anyone take inspiration from that? Possibly the worst game I've ever seen on "tv"
Both sides could have played another 90 minutes, used the rest of their subs then each take a player off every 5 minutes. We'd have ended up at 0 : 0 with only the 'keepers left on the pitch!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:08 - Feb 23 with 2004 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:03 - Feb 23 by DaleiLama

The Cobblers were. And we couldn't beat them. Just can't see how we survive now as we never have a plan B. We shouldn't be where we are now. Struggling to see how BBM can survive that too
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 21:09]

How can we let a manager go though who's side put in "terrific amount of effort" and in "excellent form"... not to worry good old Brian doesn't look at the table anyway so shouldn't be an issue
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:08 - Feb 23 with 1997 views442Dale

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:03 - Feb 23 by IOMDale

After watching that, I feel quietly confident in saying that I’ve just seen a game between two of the four teams who will end up being relegated.

That’s as insipid and uninspired a match as I’ve seen in quite some time. No energy, no inspiration, no quality, no ingenuity. There was plenty of fight, I’ll give both sides that. As a caveat, the conditions were awful but still, that performance belonged at the nether regions of League Two.

I was still confident, pre-game, that we’d stay up. I’m not even half as confident now.

That lack of energy and real sharpness is the biggest worry now. It’s got nothing to do with tactics or how we’re defending better, everyone looks half a yard off the pace. One goal in five games. Humphrys especially appears to be affected.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:10 - Feb 23 with 1958 views1907

I don’t want to criticise Morley but can somebody please explain what on earth he is being expected to do?

We’re playing 442, yet he’s hanging behind our left back and spraying balls into touch.

Shaughnessy was constantly left on his own in the middle of the park against three Northampton players whilst we were always short of an option to pass to?

BBM has lost the plot & it looks like we’re going to be relegated without much of a fight.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:17 - Feb 23 with 1805 viewsBrierls

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:03 - Feb 23 by IOMDale

After watching that, I feel quietly confident in saying that I’ve just seen a game between two of the four teams who will end up being relegated.

That’s as insipid and uninspired a match as I’ve seen in quite some time. No energy, no inspiration, no quality, no ingenuity. There was plenty of fight, I’ll give both sides that. As a caveat, the conditions were awful but still, that performance belonged at the nether regions of League Two.

I was still confident, pre-game, that we’d stay up. I’m not even half as confident now.

Excellent summary.

That was an awful game and performance. Northampton were horrifically bad, but we were only marginally better. If we can't beat the worst team in the league, what hope do we have of getting anything from games against the stronger teams?!
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:17 - Feb 23 with 1804 viewsRotherhamDale

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:10 - Feb 23 by 1907

I don’t want to criticise Morley but can somebody please explain what on earth he is being expected to do?

We’re playing 442, yet he’s hanging behind our left back and spraying balls into touch.

Shaughnessy was constantly left on his own in the middle of the park against three Northampton players whilst we were always short of an option to pass to?

BBM has lost the plot & it looks like we’re going to be relegated without much of a fight.

Agreed regarding Morley. Im not sure what he does to be honest. He tries/gets asked to play like Pirlo but he just doesn't seem capable.

His set pieces tonight were horrific.

Possession with progression.

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:18 - Feb 23 with 1768 views442Dale

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:10 - Feb 23 by 1907

This insistence in sticking to 4-4-2 is becoming a farcical sub-plot in the overall tale of woe. It’s fine if we have the right players to play it but it’s now moved on from Lund being too far forward to Grant having to play up top today and even Shaughnessy there in the last period of the game.

4-4-f’n-2 indeed. At least Ricky Tomlinson had the players who knew how to play it.

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:19 - Feb 23 with 1758 viewsDaleFan7

3 points off bottom and 1 win in 13, not good.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:19 - Feb 23 with 1749 viewsJimmyRustler

*AFTV Claude voice*

It’s time to go
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:19 - Feb 23 with 1746 viewsgolfaduffy

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:17 - Feb 23 by Brierls

Excellent summary.

That was an awful game and performance. Northampton were horrifically bad, but we were only marginally better. If we can't beat the worst team in the league, what hope do we have of getting anything from games against the stronger teams?!

We really were no better than them. If anything, they had the better chances.
Two teams that will struggle to stay in league 2 next season if they both go down.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:20 - Feb 23 with 1735 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:08 - Feb 23 by 442Dale

That lack of energy and real sharpness is the biggest worry now. It’s got nothing to do with tactics or how we’re defending better, everyone looks half a yard off the pace. One goal in five games. Humphrys especially appears to be affected.

We had been running and kicking into the wind the first half which did sound a lot stronger than in the second when Northampton were playing into it. I expect some players are exhausted from the number of games played. On Morley (I know you don't comment on him here 442) can only assume his set pieces are mustard in training; doesn't he have a bit of height? Could be worth trying in the box at set pieces.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:21 - Feb 23 with 1717 views442Dale

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:17 - Feb 23 by Brierls

Excellent summary.

It was painfully obvious how terrible Northampton were after about five minutes, surely the manager recognised that as well?

Even when we did bring Baah on it was up against Kioso who was their best defender and we hardly gave it him! As well as being bad tonight, we looked an unintelligent team.

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:26 - Feb 23 with 1635 viewsNIGELdale

Don’t post much on here more on the Facebook page but that tonight was awful I’d even say as any Hill or Steve Eyre game in charge . Now apparently we are going to announce a new chairman soon . His first job should be too sack BBM as we are heading for league 2 . More to the point can’t see us winning another game this season playing like this.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:29 - Feb 23 with 1603 views442Dale

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:20 - Feb 23 by James1980

We had been running and kicking into the wind the first half which did sound a lot stronger than in the second when Northampton were playing into it. I expect some players are exhausted from the number of games played. On Morley (I know you don't comment on him here 442) can only assume his set pieces are mustard in training; doesn't he have a bit of height? Could be worth trying in the box at set pieces.

Why don’t I comment on Morley?!

He needs to be taken off some set pieces. Yes, some he might be right for but anything central and his choices are shocking. That aside, I’d not even be playing him at the moment, his confidence looks shot.

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:31 - Feb 23 with 1571 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:29 - Feb 23 by 442Dale

Why don’t I comment on Morley?!

He needs to be taken off some set pieces. Yes, some he might be right for but anything central and his choices are shocking. That aside, I’d not even be playing him at the moment, his confidence looks shot.

I meant in the post I was responding to.

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:32 - Feb 23 with 1564 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:21 - Feb 23 by 442Dale

It was painfully obvious how terrible Northampton were after about five minutes, surely the manager recognised that as well?

Even when we did bring Baah on it was up against Kioso who was their best defender and we hardly gave it him! As well as being bad tonight, we looked an unintelligent team.

Exactly. The lack of intelligence was particularly bewildering in how our players continued to hit the ball with the same amount of power in the second half as they did in the first, in spite of the change in wind direction.

Just to go back to your previous point 442, even more worrying than the lack of energy is the fact that the players look like they’ve been sent out onto the pitch with no clear instructions.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:35 - Feb 23 with 1517 views442Dale

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:31 - Feb 23 by James1980

I meant in the post I was responding to.

Ahhhh! I miss the obvious at times. Will blame the game for numbing the brain.

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:38 - Feb 23 with 1452 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:21 - Feb 23 by 442Dale

The manager seems incapable of recognising anything outside his narrow "philosophy", what ever that is. Stuff like square pegs in round holes, conditions, the opposition, tactical naivety , home form that is totally unacceptable and a very dangerous league position. Last Tuesday, he lapsed into that Paul Whitehouse character - "Brilliant", in a lack lustre defeat. Apart from a sense of something better 2nd half last Saturday, precious little changes, because he can't change things. He's spent months proving that on our own meadow.

His brand of "football" is tiresome, hopeless, a waste of the club's time and ours and ultimately damaging.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 22:21]
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:39 - Feb 23 with 1445 viewsNorthernDale

Well, I have had more fun at the dentist then watching that game. Two sides that look set for league 2 next season, no doubt BBM will be happy with the performanceand act like we are safe in mid-table.

What got me, he had Grant up front in the first half and Shaughnessy in the second, but had Baah and Done on the bench, why does he play midfielders up front, what is the logic? Start with Baah, with Humphreys, and if you have to, bring on Done for Baah.

He seems to be grasping at straws in his team selection.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:41 - Feb 23 with 1416 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:35 - Feb 23 by 442Dale

Ahhhh! I miss the obvious at times. Will blame the game for numbing the brain.

Tbf I didn't need to put the comment, it was preemptive just incase.
Lack of direction is mentioned in this thread. Could it be too much and the players don't know how to adapt when the opposition aren't playing to how the game plan needs them to.

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:42 - Feb 23 with 1391 viewsupthedale2403

Difficult to sum that game up with any other word apart from Shite. How long is this going to go on? are the People/Person in charge of running our club really that inept! BBM has not got a clue. Morley cant take set pieces as much as he cant play centre midfield from Left back. I was Looking forward to tonight's game which is a mistake I thought I would have learned from, Lets not use the wind as an excuse some of the football tonight was school boy stuff . Hoofing the ball when it is that windy is something you are told not to do from under 6's keep it on the deck but its not just tonight is it we have endured this now for too long I am sick of reading the same things after every game same mistakes being made week after week same questions being asked but the the manager will say we played well we were committed its all SHITE if Bottomley is reading this do something before its too late
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:48 - Feb 23 with 1316 viewsCedar_Room

does it count as progress that we kept another clean sheet? I suppose it might if not for the fact we just played the team who has scored the fewest goals in the entire division. And that we’ve gone from scoring goals ourself for fun to not looking like we would if we played for 900 minutes.

Serious question to the board who watched that - if we can’t beat that Northampton team then where do you think we’ll pick up the points we need to stay safe?
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:54 - Feb 23 with 1239 viewsTVOS1907

I've had my vaccine today.

I told the nurse, in general chit-chat, that I was going to rest up and watch Northampton v Rochdale tonight.

"It might have some side-effects, such as headaches and potentially leave you feeling weary, lethargic and dizzy," she said.

"No problem," I said. "But what about the vaccine?"

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:59 - Feb 23 with 1183 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 21:54 - Feb 23 by TVOS1907

I've had my vaccine today.

I told the nurse, in general chit-chat, that I was going to rest up and watch Northampton v Rochdale tonight.

"It might have some side-effects, such as headaches and potentially leave you feeling weary, lethargic and dizzy," she said.

"No problem," I said. "But what about the vaccine?"

It was almost worth us being shite tonight just for that!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024