Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale 22:00 - Feb 22 with 18953 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Northampton vs Rochdale 22nd Feb 2021 21:56
It's six-pointer time for Dale on Tuesday night as they make the trip to Sixfields to take on fellow strugglers Northampton Town. 2

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:05 - Feb 23 with 2468 viewsBillyRudd

Love my lower league football, love my Dale, but tonight was the night when I finally accepted that I won,t be able to ENJOY watching it until BBM,s management, tactics and football ideology is history. Unfortunately by then we will be in Lge 2 but no matter at least there is a fighting chance I will be able to derive some pleasure from the Dale again.
On the bright side if anyone asks in the future, "whats the worst match you have ever seen"? I won,t have to ponder the answer. Obviously I am assuming there is,nt worse to come before the nightmare is finally over. For a purported professional outfit that was a truly tawdry spectacle of ineptitude.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:17 - Feb 23 with 2349 viewsFrog

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:05 - Feb 23 by BillyRudd

Love my lower league football, love my Dale, but tonight was the night when I finally accepted that I won,t be able to ENJOY watching it until BBM,s management, tactics and football ideology is history. Unfortunately by then we will be in Lge 2 but no matter at least there is a fighting chance I will be able to derive some pleasure from the Dale again.
On the bright side if anyone asks in the future, "whats the worst match you have ever seen"? I won,t have to ponder the answer. Obviously I am assuming there is,nt worse to come before the nightmare is finally over. For a purported professional outfit that was a truly tawdry spectacle of ineptitude.

"Love my lower league football"
Good job, it'll be even lower next season.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:30 - Feb 23 with 2257 views442Dale

Thought “our performance at times was very, very good”

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:35 - Feb 23 with 2221 viewsBillyRudd

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:17 - Feb 23 by Frog

"Love my lower league football"
Good job, it'll be even lower next season.

It won,t even be "league football" if they stick with him Frog
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:36 - Feb 23 with 2203 viewsjoecooke

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:30 - Feb 23 by 442Dale

Sorry baz, but your on acid if you think that was very very good.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:36 - Feb 23 with 2202 viewsIOMDale

‘I thought it was only a matter of time before we scored’.

‘In the first half... we looked particularly dangerous on the break’.

Each to their own but Brian and I clearly weren’t watching the same game.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:37 - Feb 23 with 2193 viewsDalenet

You've made that up......surely!
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:38 - Feb 23 with 2184 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:36 - Feb 23 by IOMDale

‘I thought it was only a matter of time before we scored’.

‘In the first half... we looked particularly dangerous on the break’.

Each to their own but Brian and I clearly weren’t watching the same game.

Dangerous on the break or at the break?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:39 - Feb 23 with 2175 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:38 - Feb 23 by judd

Dangerous on the break or at the break?

Much of a much.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:48 - Feb 23 with 2086 viewsBrierls

I wasn't BBM Out after Saturday's game.
I wasn't BBM Out after tonight's game, but very much on the fence.
I am BBM Out after that interview.

If BBM deems that performance "very, very good" in any way, and he's giving the same message to the players, it's no wonder we don't see improvement.

He's not clueless, far from it, but he's so focused on positivity that he's blind to the standard of the performances and results. We're not training a dog with positive reinforcement, or a bunch of primary school children FFS. This is professional football, a results-driven business.

**Edit** If Andrew Kelly, a no-nonsense character, is the new chairman he could do a lot worse than show he means business by sacking BBM.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 22:52]
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:52 - Feb 23 with 2066 viewsJPSDale

"Only a matter of time before we scored "we had one shot on target all game, shocking !

BBM needs to improve the style and excitement of the football before paying crowds are allowed back or he will be arrested for taking money under false pretences !

Hopefully we will still have a chance to stay in L1 when this happens and the crowd can get behind the lads and let them know which way they are shooting

worried that McShane was not on the pitch for this 6 pointer, I hope he is fit for saturday
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:52 - Feb 23 with 2066 viewsDalenet

One shot on target against one of the worst sides in the division when we are fighting for our league one status - and BBM thinks we were okay. Just for once say something that shows you care
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:57 - Feb 23 with 2030 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 22:48 - Feb 23 by Brierls

I wasn't BBM Out after Saturday's game.
I wasn't BBM Out after tonight's game, but very much on the fence.
I am BBM Out after that interview.

If BBM deems that performance "very, very good" in any way, and he's giving the same message to the players, it's no wonder we don't see improvement.

He's not clueless, far from it, but he's so focused on positivity that he's blind to the standard of the performances and results. We're not training a dog with positive reinforcement, or a bunch of primary school children FFS. This is professional football, a results-driven business.

**Edit** If Andrew Kelly, a no-nonsense character, is the new chairman he could do a lot worse than show he means business by sacking BBM.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 22:52]

That same positivity and optimism - which was so refreshing after Hill’s increasingly antagonistic demeanour - is really starting to grate now.

If BBM really does feel the playing squad is so delicate that he has to protect them at all costs, we have an even bigger (and more expensive, in terms of replacements) problem on our hands than I thought.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 23:25 - Feb 23 with 1912 viewsdingdangblue

Has he been smoking craic ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 23:54 - Feb 23 with 1854 viewsHopwoodblue

We are lucky that we still have a chance to stay in Div 1 a different season could have seen us rock bottom!
How many chances are this board going to give him ?
I’m at the begging stage now please remove him and give us a fighting chance.
With what we have witnessed already this season your not telling me a couple of the senior players along with Tony Ellis couldn’t do a better job of organising the team and playing some half decent football ?
It’s one thing playing poor but when the guy in charge doesn’t or refuses to see it, then frankly I find it insulting he thinks we will believe his every word on the game as we are mere supporters.
I might not have any coaching badges Brian but I can still f@@king see !
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 23:59]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 00:05 - Feb 24 with 1826 viewsJimmyRustler

I’ll go with calling that disingenuous as opposed to downright lying as BBM is quite clearly a nice guy. But I sincerely hope that that post match interview makes the “BBM in” crowd wake up and smell the coffee. It’s no wonder that he can’t motivate the players spouting shite like that
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 00:34 - Feb 24 with 1758 viewsSandyman

I've seen Dale managers talk rubbish in their time. Eyre (the worst). Barrow (more excuses than any politician I've ever known and that took some doing). The once worshipped Hill when it was all so clearly going wrong and he spoke in surrealism.

BBM after a poor defeat at Blackpool last week, described as "brilliant" took it to another level.

Post match interviews can't be easy when your team has been godawful. A bit of honesty goes a long way. Not with BBM. The level of delusion bordering on downright lies in that snippet, compared with what we see on the pitch? Nobody believes you any more. It was your team and it was horrendous to watch. Again. Your home record is beyond abysmal. Please leave Rochdale AFC.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 04:00 - Feb 24 with 1657 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 23:25 - Feb 23 by dingdangblue

Has he been smoking craic ?

You could just change the back drop to every single post match interview and just use that one clip.... I'll have a pint of whatever you've been supping Brian
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 06:49 - Feb 24 with 1526 viewsJames1980

I think BBM is very much signed up to the whole positive psychology philosophy. Hence after poor performances he says there were good moments. I'm sure we called all find at least one positive during last night's 5500+ seconds of football. No not the final whistle!

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 07:33 - Feb 24 with 1402 viewsseasidedale

One aspect I have just thought of is what BBM is saying might be what the sport psychologist might be telling him what to say thus the postive, how good were and well we played
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 07:59 - Feb 24 with 1347 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 07:33 - Feb 24 by seasidedale

One aspect I have just thought of is what BBM is saying might be what the sport psychologist might be telling him what to say thus the postive, how good were and well we played

That could well be the case but surely you can only reinforce positive (e.g. ‘good’) behaviour if there’s something to be positive about?

As James suggested, the only positive most of us could muster last night was the full-time whistle.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 07:59 - Feb 24 with 1345 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 07:33 - Feb 24 by seasidedale

If we were in a play-off place I could understand that but we aren't - we're in a relegation scrap. It isnt working like a whole host of other things on and off the pitch.

We need actions now, not empty words.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 08:24 - Feb 24 with 1266 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 07:59 - Feb 24 by DaleiLama

If we were in a play-off place I could understand that but we aren't - we're in a relegation scrap. It isnt working like a whole host of other things on and off the pitch.

We need actions now, not empty words.

The issue is he can't stand in front of a replay of what he believes were these moments of brilliance and say. See how player a does this which allows players b, c and d to do that, which in turn means player a can take up this position to pass to player e who now has the opportunity to put in a cross to players c and f who should at least trouble the keeper if they can get on the end of it. I am not suggesting such a moment occurred last night, just that if he highlights explains the positive moments in more detail he could inadvertently give away part of the plan. Some would argue we don't have much of a plan to give away.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 08:24 - Feb 24 with 1266 viewsNorthernDale

The only way you could describe last nights game was two very poor league 2 teams fighting for a point, it was a shocker and for BBM to described our performance 'as very good at time', shows our deluded he is.

He is starting to make Eyre like a genius, which says a lot.
Match Thread: Northampton vs Rochdale on 08:42 - Feb 24 with 1217 viewsfinberty

If this is not addressed urgently, not only will we be in L2, but we will continue with the same discredited tactics and philosophy. We will struggle to avoid relegation from L2 if so - we are a losing team with a losing mentality and an inability to take chances to win games. Last night there were three such chances - none taken.

At some point, someone has to start looking at the table - not only our position, but that position in relation to others around us, some of whom won last night.

This is a results business. When oh when are we going to study the results, and act accordingly?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024