Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season 09:17 - Apr 28 with 8232 viewsAllDaleArentWe

Considering relegation is now al but confirmed I just wanna see what people are thinking ahead of next season. How confident are we that BBM can steady the ship? And what players are we expecting to move on. Personally I would sack BBM and start from scratch, but we all know that isn’t gonna happen.

P.S: not even going to get into the boardroom issues, this thread is purely about what happens on the pitch
Next season on 13:28 - Apr 28 with 2508 viewselectricblue

Next season on 12:33 - Apr 28 by 49thseason

"Lynch is better than a loan like Bazunu, but he's not better than a loan like Sanchez"
Or a loan like Heaton or Fielding or Lonergan or any number of goalkeepers we have had on loan. I wont say there are no 18 year olds good enough but they are few and far between, I can understand the club trying to get closer to a giant like City but there has to be some application of common sense, taking their number 5 keeper with little match experience to be our number 1 was just silly and doomed to failure and probably not at all helpful in the players development.

Lonergan is at WBA on a short term deal i believe until the seasons end and at 37yrs old would he be worth a chance to come back to Dale for a couple of seasons and help to coach the younger GKs...

Even at 37 he will still be a better option than Lynch.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Next season on 14:07 - Apr 28 with 2417 viewsD_Alien

Next season on 13:20 - Apr 28 by 49thseason

5 is a bit harsh on Shaughnessy given that he is short of 1st team experience and simply seems to have taken a bit longer to integrate. He is improving with every game and has enough height to be more than useful in the ariel battles of L2 . Grant has done better so far but no two players are the same and some will take longer than others to adapt. I think he might surprise you next year. Assuming of course that there is a next year......

Not harsh at all, 49th

The ratings are based on actual performance, not potential, as i made perfectly clear by referring to potential as a separate issue. Nothing would "surprise me" but please read more carefully

[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 14:09]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Next season on 14:12 - Apr 28 with 2385 viewsDaleiLama

Next season on 12:45 - Apr 28 by fitzochris

We turned down £250k from Hull in the early part of this season. I reckon the same again will see him gone this time, sadly.

Baah may travel somewhere that makes him exempt from comp too - which would be a disaster for us.

Don't know how much truth there is in this?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Next season on 15:14 - Apr 28 with 2284 viewsfitzochris

Next season on 14:12 - Apr 28 by DaleiLama

Don't know how much truth there is in this?

I'm no longer commenting on such things :)

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Next season on 15:22 - Apr 28 with 2254 viewsDaleiLama

Next season on 15:14 - Apr 28 by fitzochris

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Next season on 16:01 - Apr 28 with 2155 views442Dale

Is it just me who can garner little enthusiasm or interest in what the squad will look like next season whilst uncertainty and an absence of any sort of clear future exists?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Next season on 16:29 - Apr 28 with 2099 viewsCedar_Room

I would be really disappointed to see Rathbone go - whilst I do think he's better than L2 and deserves to play higher, I think he provides so much of the impetus going forward that has been sorely lacking elsewhere. When he plays well, the team plays well. And with that bit of extra time and space he may get in a lower division I think he'd be able to have an even bigger impact.
Baah I expect to go and would not be as bothered now considering he's been non existant since his big transfer fell through. You can only hope that we get some money for him.

Elsewhere there aren't too many in this squad which I'd be desperate to keep either way. The big uncertainty will again be on how well we can recruit in L2 on what will presumably be another limited budget. Perhaps our lack of resources won't be as disastrous and we'll be slightly more competitive but it really could go any way at all. Good luck to the club trying to advertise for season tickets on those prospects.
Next season on 16:35 - Apr 28 with 2077 viewsjudd

Next season on 15:14 - Apr 28 by fitzochris

Isn't Baah having a medical at Watford?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Next season on 17:26 - Apr 28 with 1994 viewsToffeemanc

Next season on 16:01 - Apr 28 by 442Dale

Is it just me who can garner little enthusiasm or interest in what the squad will look like next season whilst uncertainty and an absence of any sort of clear future exists?

No it's not just you,
I feel exactly the same at the moment and have done for a few weeks. Currently I have almost zero interest on what is happening on the pitch either in this season or for next.
I'm only interested in the EGM/board situation being sorted out and hoping for the removal of the CEO as soon as possible. It's this situation that will be the deciding factor for me for if I buy a season ticket or even bother attending any matches next season.
Disillusioned with the club would frankly be an understatement.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Next season on 18:13 - Apr 28 with 1899 viewsDaleFan7

I think the way we are going, the uncertainty surrounding the board situation and the fact we'll probably be waiting for the scraps toward the end of the summer, I'd be worried that we don't even have a squad to put together to begin the season without heavily relying on the youth team.
Next season on 19:44 - Apr 28 with 1701 viewsfinberty

Next season on 16:35 - Apr 28 by judd

Isn't Baah having a medical at Watford?

Sorry Judd. Did you say Baah? Watford? A medical, you say?
Next season on 19:57 - Apr 28 with 1664 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Next season on 16:01 - Apr 28 by 442Dale

Imagine they’re all playing in a lovely sparkly kit.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Next season on 20:17 - Apr 28 with 1595 views1907

The timing of this smells extremely fishy to me. The night after we’re all but relegated our suspicious CEO begins the fire sale
Next season on 20:21 - Apr 28 with 1567 viewsD_Alien

Next season on 20:17 - Apr 28 by 1907

The timing of this smells extremely fishy to me. The night after we’re all but relegated our suspicious CEO begins the fire sale

Or, Dale were playing in the London area last night...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Next season on 20:55 - Apr 28 with 1478 viewsJames1980

I know it has been put up before in the past. What is the difference in TV & solidarity payments between league 1 and league 2?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Next season on 21:00 - Apr 28 with 1450 viewsIOMDale

Next season on 20:55 - Apr 28 by James1980

I know it has been put up before in the past. What is the difference in TV & solidarity payments between league 1 and league 2?

League One clubs: £700,000
League Two clubs: £470,000

Also, clubs relegated from League One receive 12.6% of the Basic Award payment to League One clubs for one season (£88,200).

UTDNFS

Next season on 21:01 - Apr 28 with 1443 viewsjudd

Next season on 19:44 - Apr 28 by finberty

Sorry Judd. Did you say Baah? Watford? A medical, you say?

I simply refuse to respond in any way in case that comes across as being respectful and communicating to you.

People with a personal AGENDA are being NASTY by reporting FACTS and even a 6 figure SALARY does not justify such SCRUTINY.

But just in case you know Richard and Judy, then yes, yes, yes, Finberty.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Next season on 21:09 - Apr 28 with 1413 viewsJames1980

Next season on 21:00 - Apr 28 by IOMDale

League One clubs: £700,000
League Two clubs: £470,000

Also, clubs relegated from League One receive 12.6% of the Basic Award payment to League One clubs for one season (£88,200).

So about £140K to find from that drop in revenue alone and £230K if we are still in league 2 the following season.

Thanks by the way

Next season on 21:12 - Apr 28 with 1404 viewsIOMDale

Next season on 21:09 - Apr 28 by James1980

So about £140K to find from that drop in revenue alone and £230K if we are still in league 2 the following season.

Thanks by the way

I guess that immediate £140,000 is funded by the sale of Baah but realise finances don’t quite work as simply as that.

In basic terms, for the first year, it’s not financial edge-of-the-cliff stuff, whatever our board may claim.

UTDNFS

Next season on 21:20 - Apr 28 with 1383 viewsJames1980

Next season on 21:12 - Apr 28 by IOMDale

I guess that immediate £140,000 is funded by the sale of Baah but realise finances don’t quite work as simply as that.

In basic terms, for the first year, it’s not financial edge-of-the-cliff stuff, whatever our board may claim.

But won't a drop in match day revenue be add to the deficit as well though?

Next season on 21:23 - Apr 28 with 1369 viewsIOMDale

Next season on 21:20 - Apr 28 by James1980

If things don’t change at boardroom level, I suspect there’ll be as much of a drop-off in ‘home’ revenue as there is owing to smaller away followings.

UTDNFS

Next season on 21:58 - Apr 28 with 1286 viewsmightydale

Next season on 21:23 - Apr 28 by IOMDale

If things don’t change at boardroom level, I suspect there’ll be as much of a drop-off in ‘home’ revenue as there is owing to smaller away followings.

Sneaky feeling things will change at board level, think I'll be getting my season ticket now come what July.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Next season on 22:04 - Apr 28 with 1270 viewsIOMDale

Next season on 21:58 - Apr 28 by mightydale

Sneaky feeling things will change at board level, think I'll be getting my season ticket now come what July.

Pray do tell if you know something MD, could do with some positive ‘Dale-related news.

UTDNFS

Next season on 00:35 - Apr 29 with 1144 viewsSandyman

Some very perceptive observations in this thread, considering we are not in the higher caste of "football people" who know more than us. SuddenLads's use of the word omertà summarises the off pitch scenario.
As for on pitch, if we opt for the grab who's left over on the cheap a few weeks before the season starts philosophy again, it will be foolish beyond words and reflect wholeheartedly the lack of ambition at the club. Retaining the services of a time-served and failed manager on the mystery contract extension that still hasn't had the "why" explained, will do zilch to encourage any sort of morale boost.
This once well-managed club is on the brink due to foolish decisions on and off the pitch over the past 12 months. Whether this can be rescued in the face of a couple of individual career paths that are of no good to the club remains to be seen.
Next season on 03:20 - Apr 29 with 1096 viewspioneer

Next season on 21:20 - Apr 28 by James1980

Presumably there will be a drop in players salaries...we will be signing players on league 2 wages and losing some on league 1 wages...unless the miracle happens. Ok
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024