Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frustrated rant 11:08 - May 8 with 8903 viewsSheffield_dale

Don't think I have ever been this deflated waking up before a Dale game.

The prospect of facing teams like Harrogate and Sutton United as opposed to Sheffield Wednesday/Sunderland/Ipswich...😔 The financial allure of staying in league 1 to face these teams needed relentless positivity, support and fight. Instead we accepted our shortcomings and rolled over. Can't wait for 19 Torquay away fans to create a crackling atmosphere at Spotland.

I'm sorry but our squad belongs in league one and I am genuinely gutted we never gave it a proper go (ALL SEASON)

The board, BBM etc always talked like we never belonged here. Especially around Jan. That we are lucky we aren't down before Xmas. This is poor poor leadership and this negativity has crawled through the whole club.

Where were the positive "we are good enough, we belong here, let's fight to the death" statements that galvanise us all consistently.

Now it's poor little Rochdale with the vultures ready to offer £100k for genuinely talented players. Or as recent news has suggested, letting all our talent leave on a free.

I know all this has been said before but just needed to get it off my chest.

Up the Dale and all that but wow, what could have been eh?
Frustrated rant on 11:26 - May 8 with 4318 viewsEllDale

Thank you for expressing what so many of us are thinking.
For the first time for a long time I have no interest in the game tomorrow.
Frustrated rant on 11:33 - May 8 with 4298 viewsNorthernDale

I agree 100%.
Frustrated rant on 11:41 - May 8 with 4267 viewsSuddenLad

I don't honestly remember BBM ever saying or claiming that we 'didn't belong' in League One, or that we should be plying our trade lower down. Others though, did !

Regardless of that, it was a tragedy that we didn't stay there. Or a 'happy coincidence' depending on your viewpoint.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Frustrated rant on 11:55 - May 8 with 4242 viewsSheffield_dale

Frustrated rant on 11:41 - May 8 by SuddenLad

I don't honestly remember BBM ever saying or claiming that we 'didn't belong' in League One, or that we should be plying our trade lower down. Others though, did !

Regardless of that, it was a tragedy that we didn't stay there. Or a 'happy coincidence' depending on your viewpoint.

Was during the fans forum. For the record I like BBM but was really disheartened by his negativity in that forum. Probably adds to my frustration. You add passion and fight to BBM and you have a great manager. Unfortunately he comes across as soft and stubborn to his "philosophy" (which I'm sure is good on paper yet on the pitch requires brave changes, which was lacking). Sometimes he looks like a deer in the headlights.
Frustrated rant on 12:05 - May 8 with 4220 viewsJames1980

A few people on here have mocked BBM as being referred to as 'talented.' Fair enough he hasn't been talented enough to keep us in league one, this season. But would the clubs who have loaned us players really have done so if he didn't have some degree of coaching and managerial talent?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Frustrated rant on 12:09 - May 8 with 4204 viewsSuddenLad

Frustrated rant on 11:55 - May 8 by Sheffield_dale

Was during the fans forum. For the record I like BBM but was really disheartened by his negativity in that forum. Probably adds to my frustration. You add passion and fight to BBM and you have a great manager. Unfortunately he comes across as soft and stubborn to his "philosophy" (which I'm sure is good on paper yet on the pitch requires brave changes, which was lacking). Sometimes he looks like a deer in the headlights.

Thanks for clearing that up. I genuinely hadn't realised he had said the same. Seemingly following orders then. Very, very disappointing.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Frustrated rant on 12:09 - May 8 with 4211 viewsfunkkk

Frustrated rant on 12:05 - May 8 by James1980

A few people on here have mocked BBM as being referred to as 'talented.' Fair enough he hasn't been talented enough to keep us in league one, this season. But would the clubs who have loaned us players really have done so if he didn't have some degree of coaching and managerial talent?

Yes.
Frustrated rant on 12:09 - May 8 with 4210 viewsSheffield_dale

He has talent and potential. Just ever so slightly out of his depth and inexperienced for league 1 in my opinion. His signings have been very good overall. His management of games has been very poor. See Gillingham, Pboro etc etc

Doesn't help that he was given an easy ride from the board with no pressure to get a result week in week out.
Login to get fewer ads

Frustrated rant on 12:09 - May 8 with 4202 viewsTVOS1907

You're completely missing the point, James. Probably deliberately.

He might well have a lot of talent relevant to what other clubs want for their players, but what we want is for our club to benefit. That hasn't happened. End of.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Frustrated rant on 12:14 - May 8 with 4188 viewsfunkkk

The loaning clubs couldn’t care less how talented our manager is. They want to know that their players will be treated well and given minutes. You know like Bazunu, who played far too much football and, through no fault of his own, was a major factor in our relegation
Frustrated rant on 12:27 - May 8 with 4140 views442Dale

We’re a shambles as a club at the moment. Until people at Spotland can accept that and their part in it without feeling the need to justify themselves, nothing will change.

Nothing.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Frustrated rant on 12:31 - May 8 with 4127 viewsJames1980

Frustrated rant on 12:09 - May 8 by TVOS1907

You're completely missing the point, James. Probably deliberately.

He might well have a lot of talent relevant to what other clubs want for their players, but what we want is for our club to benefit. That hasn't happened. End of.

Not deliberately no so I must be totally missing the point but not sure if that's the thread or the mocking comments I was referring to .

Sorry when you say we haven't benefited do you mean from 'BBM's apparent talent, the loan signings, or both?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Frustrated rant on 12:35 - May 8 with 4118 viewsjonahwhereru

When BBM and the club part company I can see him doing a Steve Parkin type role of a back room staff higher up the pyramid. Unless he wants to remain in management in which case he is a shoe in for a job in the league of Ireland.
Dale are playing today so I will maintain my interest. Can understand why others who may be more invested in the club may be finding today difficult.
UTD
Frustrated rant on 12:37 - May 8 with 4115 viewsSheffield_dale

Frustrated rant on 12:31 - May 8 by James1980

Not deliberately no so I must be totally missing the point but not sure if that's the thread or the mocking comments I was referring to .

Sorry when you say we haven't benefited do you mean from 'BBM's apparent talent, the loan signings, or both?

If I'm honest I reckon these premier League teams are amazed we are willing to give their players a crack at League 1. See Bola as evidence.
Frustrated rant on 12:49 - May 8 with 4057 viewsTVOS1907

Frustrated rant on 12:31 - May 8 by James1980

We've been relegated, James, so we haven't benefited from any of those perceived things.

As people have posted, it's neither here nor there to other clubs as to how we do as a team. Our relegation is inconsequential to them.

They want their players to get experience playing a certain style, or with another group of players or even in another part of country to aid with their personal development.

The skills and talents our management might possess may be of benefit to the loaning clubs and their players, but they haven't helped us remain in League One.

And I said 'deliberately' because we've been here before.

Frustrated rant on 12:49 - May 8 with 4063 viewsboromat

Frustrated rant on 12:09 - May 8 by Sheffield_dale

He has talent and potential. Just ever so slightly out of his depth and inexperienced for league 1 in my opinion. His signings have been very good overall. His management of games has been very poor. See Gillingham, Pboro etc etc

Doesn't help that he was given an easy ride from the board with no pressure to get a result week in week out.

Unfortunately game management hasn't just been poor from BBM but the players as well. So much naivety on the pitch and in the dugout.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Frustrated rant on 12:50 - May 8 with 4054 viewsTVOS1907

Frustrated rant on 12:35 - May 8 by jonahwhereru

When BBM and the club part company I can see him doing a Steve Parkin type role of a back room staff higher up the pyramid. Unless he wants to remain in management in which case he is a shoe in for a job in the league of Ireland.
Dale are playing today so I will maintain my interest. Can understand why others who may be more invested in the club may be finding today difficult.
UTD

We're playing tomorrow.

Frustrated rant on 12:52 - May 8 with 4047 viewsTVOS1907

Frustrated rant on 12:37 - May 8 by Sheffield_dale

If I'm honest I reckon these premier League teams are amazed we are willing to give their players a crack at League 1. See Bola as evidence.

Sorry, but that's just not true, otherwise no Premier League clubs would loan any players to any club in the lower leagues.

I bet all 48 League 1 and League 2 clubs have at least one player on loan from higher up the pyramid.

Bola didn't work out, but several others have; that will be the case across all the clubs.

Frustrated rant on 12:59 - May 8 with 4018 viewstodmordendale

It’s a long time since I have felt so deflated and uninterested on the last day of the season.
I think that watching a season of tripe has eroded and nullified any excitement.
Even taking in Derby v Sheffield Wednesday and waiting for the expected abuse which may be levelled at England’s record breaker does nowt to stimulate. The opportunity of seeing Rooney at Spotland next season has been taken away.
It’s a shame that we as supporters have been subjected to such abject rubbish.
Don’t look at the league tables, the team was brilliant, etc etc.
Not to worry Torquay is a long way.
C’mon Dale
Frustrated rant on 13:01 - May 8 with 4011 viewsborodale

Couldn't agree more with the op. A squad capable of a lot more but clearly held back by management and above. Unforgivable to just roll over and not compete.
Frustrated rant on 13:02 - May 8 with 4003 viewsTVOS1907

Frustrated rant on 12:59 - May 8 by todmordendale

It’s a long time since I have felt so deflated and uninterested on the last day of the season.
I think that watching a season of tripe has eroded and nullified any excitement.
Even taking in Derby v Sheffield Wednesday and waiting for the expected abuse which may be levelled at England’s record breaker does nowt to stimulate. The opportunity of seeing Rooney at Spotland next season has been taken away.
It’s a shame that we as supporters have been subjected to such abject rubbish.
Don’t look at the league tables, the team was brilliant, etc etc.
Not to worry Torquay is a long way.
C’mon Dale

There are more important issues than the prospect of seeing Rooney at Spotland!

Frustrated rant on 13:18 - May 8 with 3936 viewsboromat

Frustrated rant on 13:02 - May 8 by TVOS1907

There are more important issues than the prospect of seeing Rooney at Spotland!

But imagine the mugs we could sell!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Frustrated rant on 13:41 - May 8 with 3849 viewsD_Alien

Frustrated rant on 13:18 - May 8 by boromat

But imagine the mugs we could sell!

The definitive 'ugly mug'?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Frustrated rant on 14:09 - May 8 with 3756 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

The issue I have with players loaned from certain PL clubs is that there’s an agenda, whether real or perceived that the club must adapt its playing style to suit those loanees. Even worse is the suggestion that those players must play or there will be no more players loaned out to us!
I’d rather not have them at the club if that’s the case. Better to try to grow our own (which makes the jettisoning of our 2nd year scholars even more damning) or scouring the leagues for lads that we can develop (some on here have termed it the “broken toy” approach).
Both philosophies have worked well for us in the past.
Frustrated rant on 14:22 - May 8 with 3713 viewsReedy

Very good post.

I (along with others) have made the decision to not step foot into the ground until change in the boardroom has taken place and the CEO is removed.

If I’m completely honest, I’ve not been interested for months. The world has changed since we beat Rotherham last year and my priorities are now completely different, the club and football in general are not anywhere near the top of my agenda anymore. The majority of this down to the running of the club by incompetent people in positions way above their station, but I also don’t find football as enjoyable as I used to when I was a neutral watching a game.

I will watch on with interest with what happens when fans are allowed back in, I think those running the club will be in for a shock with the lack of season ticket sales etc.

A step in the right direction would be getting rid of the constant way those at the club make us think we’re punching above our weight, it’s demoralising and the fans forum was a like watching a car crash in slow motion. Since then it’s got worse, the 10 minute interview with the ceo a couple of weeks ago was clearly scripted, but again ridiculous. His comments about clubs not selling season tickets yet was a flat out lie, does he not know we can check other club websites!?

I’m hopeful that change will occur over the summer, but certainty not excepting it.

Blog: The FA Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024