Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? 08:08 - Jul 31 with 16133 viewsLeeBrookfield

There was a few people on twitter a month or so ago that said Ethan Brierley was on trial at Man City and they were keen to look at Peter Thomas as well.
Does anyone know for a fact that PT went to City on trial as well and if they signed him or if he is still there with BBM [who offered him a deal at Dale] ?
Hopefully someone at the club updates us as he was definitely a player with big potential for us. Really hope he comes back.
Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 13:02 - Sep 26 with 5272 viewsLeeBrookfield

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 11:14 - Aug 19 by IOMDale

Don't worry folks, he's right here - scoring to boot:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/august/ytreport_blackpoolhome/

Just checked Rochdale, Man City and Blackburns youth teams, nowhere in sight ? Very strange.
Anyone have any ideas where he is ?
Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 14:20 - Sep 26 with 5062 viewsNewbury_Dale

Barnsley
Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 17:30 - Sep 26 with 4752 viewsJames1980

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 14:20 - Sep 26 by Newbury_Dale

Barnsley

He doesn't appear in any of the teams listed on their official site.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 17:43 - Sep 26 with 4694 views442Dale

https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/23603/reds-not-massively-short-but-wan

On trial there last month. Never has a player with so little impact had so much attention!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 17:47 - Sep 26 with 4691 viewsJames1980

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 17:43 - Sep 26 by 442Dale

https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/23603/reds-not-massively-short-but-wan

On trial there last month. Never has a player with so little impact had so much attention!

Assuming he didn't get a contract with them. Wasn't he a fairly prolific goalscorer for our youth team?

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 17:54 - Sep 26 with 4669 viewsisitme

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 17:43 - Sep 26 by 442Dale

I do wonder who has been advising him.
Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 19:28 - Sep 26 with 4470 viewsjonahwhereru

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 17:54 - Sep 26 by isitme

I do wonder who has been advising him.

You never know what might have happened if they signed with Dale, but Hoti and Thomas have IMO taught the players coming through that declining a Dale contract can lead to a long road, Dundee in Hoti’s case, trying to pick up a club.
Their and the parents / agents decisions and subsequent stories are an incentive for future academy players to sign. Can’t be easy moving from club to club trying to impress in a bunch that in some cases have been teammates for several seasons.
No doubt in my mindThomas would have had first team minutes by now. But I still hope we can get a return on our investment at some point.
Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 19:41 - Sep 26 with 4417 views442Dale

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 19:28 - Sep 26 by jonahwhereru

You never know what might have happened if they signed with Dale, but Hoti and Thomas have IMO taught the players coming through that declining a Dale contract can lead to a long road, Dundee in Hoti’s case, trying to pick up a club.
Their and the parents / agents decisions and subsequent stories are an incentive for future academy players to sign. Can’t be easy moving from club to club trying to impress in a bunch that in some cases have been teammates for several seasons.
No doubt in my mindThomas would have had first team minutes by now. But I still hope we can get a return on our investment at some point.

Which manager would he have had first team minutes under? We’ve got far too many strikers ahead of him now and he didn’t get a game when we were down to pretty much Beesley last season.

Login to get fewer ads

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 20:07 - Sep 26 with 4375 viewsJames1980

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 19:41 - Sep 26 by 442Dale

Which manager would he have had first team minutes under? We’ve got far too many strikers ahead of him now and he didn’t get a game when we were down to pretty much Beesley last season.

Sorry for using 'if' but I wonder if we had been safe from relegation with half a dozen or more games to go in the previous few seasons Thomas would have gained a few more first team caps

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 20:12 - Sep 26 with 4364 views49thseason

I dont care where has has gone or if he doesnt return. Someone who bites the hand that as fed him at the first scent of greener grass is not someone I want in the club. We know that the number of kids who go through the academy system and make a decent career out of football is relatively few. I would prefer that we work with a kid who may not be the best but is prepared to work hard and be a team player than a prima donna with a big haircut who is always weighing his next move.
Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 20:13 - Sep 26 with 4360 viewsTVOS1907

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 20:07 - Sep 26 by James1980

Sorry for using 'if' but I wonder if we had been safe from relegation with half a dozen or more games to go in the previous few seasons Thomas would have gained a few more first team caps

But we weren't, James, so it's completely irrelevant.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 20:43 - Sep 26 with 4282 viewsJames1980

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 20:13 - Sep 26 by TVOS1907

Yes fair point and I suppose there is no guarantee even if he had been given more first team appearances that he would have signed the contract.

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 21:41 - Sep 26 with 4183 views442Dale

If he was that good he’d have played more, or even been a regular sub.

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 09:27 - Sep 27 with 3790 viewsjonahwhereru

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 19:41 - Sep 26 by 442Dale

Scanlon and Brierley has both had minutes, Scanlon only under EBJ, was injured during RS time this season, and Brierley under both. See no reason to suspect that Thomas would not have had similar opportunities.
Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 11:04 - Sep 27 with 3639 views442Dale

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 09:27 - Sep 27 by jonahwhereru

Scanlon and Brierley has both had minutes, Scanlon only under EBJ, was injured during RS time this season, and Brierley under both. See no reason to suspect that Thomas would not have had similar opportunities.

He didn’t get minutes last season when we had fewer strikers available and this year we have even more options.

With Rodney, Henderson, Campbell, Charman, Sinclair, Quigley all at the club, there’s no reason to think he’d have played.

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 11:13 - Sep 27 with 3632 viewsJames1980

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 20:13 - Sep 26 by TVOS1907

Although doesn't it show one of the wider effects of being in a relegation battle on bringing players through from the youth team?

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 12:54 - Sep 27 with 3504 viewsAtThePeake

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 11:13 - Sep 27 by James1980

Although doesn't it show one of the wider effects of being in a relegation battle on bringing players through from the youth team?

I think Thomas would've left regardless of whether he'd played in a few dead rubber games at the end of last season tbh, he obviously felt his talents were worthy of a bigger club than us.

Whether that turns out to be true or not, time will tell.

Tangled up in blue.

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 15:29 - Sep 27 with 3301 viewsJames1980

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 12:54 - Sep 27 by AtThePeake

I think Thomas would've left regardless of whether he'd played in a few dead rubber games at the end of last season tbh, he obviously felt his talents were worthy of a bigger club than us.

Whether that turns out to be true or not, time will tell.

Was thinking of youth players getting more opportunities throughout the course of the season, because the team has a points cushion above the drop zone. Although of course they could still go on a bad run and use up that slack.

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 00:21 - Nov 15 with 2304 viewsShun

Heard a rumour months ago he was trying to find a place in America.

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 09:06 - Nov 15 with 2096 viewselectricblue

Good luck to the lad....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 09:21 - Nov 15 with 2083 viewsDale_4_Life

Magnificent place Charleston.
Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 15:54 - Nov 15 with 1778 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Will he participating in this , I wonder

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 16:40 - Nov 15 with 1723 viewsdavidab2202

Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 09:21 - Nov 15 by Dale_4_Life

Magnificent place Charleston.

Agree a lot of worse places in the World than Charleston.
Think that what Thomas found out as he attempted to find a "better " club than Dale was that he perhaps is not as good as he thought he was.
Best of Luck to the lad on his latest adventure in the States and hope it works out for him and he goes on to have a fine career whether it be here or in the U.S
Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 16:43 - Nov 15 with 1707 viewsEllDale

All the best to the lad.
Is this plan B after he couldn't get the deal he wanted over here though?
He's a Manchester lad though so I hope he doesn't think he's signed for a team in Chorlton....
Peter Thomas ... Where is he ? on 18:20 - Nov 17 with 1220 viewsDale_4_Life

I was in Cornwall last summer and found a hidden gem near St Austell called Charlestown. A lovely place and lucky for us the regatta was on. Never heard of Charlestown until we had some local tell us to check it out. Highly recomended.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024