Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... 22:05 - Aug 10 with 37600 viewsRAFCBLUE

.....to dump the shares in Rochdale Football Club that his clients Andrew Curran and Darrell Rose don't yet legally own at £6 a share!

Here's the thing folks.

Young Jarvis has set all of this up on a bit of a flyer.

Back in early May, Alexander Jarvis is claiming in leaked emails that Alexander Jarvis met with former CEO David Bottomley with regard to a takeover of the club.

David Bottomley openly admitted in public interveiws available on YouTube that he wanted an outside investor and a training ground for Dale and was prepared to compromise the integrity 100 years of league football to do that and so that he could be a part of a club that owned its own training ground.

Jarvis wanted to do a deal - any deal he could given quite a poor track record of failing with a number of football clubs where he was the nearly man.

Here's the first bit of humour. Jarvis reckoned he was so much brighter than most at the club he was bragging about it to quite a lot of people. Jarvis believed that those running the club doesn't really understand business and that he'd be able to be used and moulded to what Jarvis wanted and then tossed aside.

At the Swindon game on 13th April, the one with the protest, a secret behind closed doors beauty parade was held. Andy Curran was in the building that night.

Rochdale were relegated vs Doncaster and (as witnesses have noted) the champagne was opened. Relegated and hopeless under BBM a takeover would now be seen as a positive if Rochdale wanted to "survive"

Bottomley and Rawlinson were removed democratically at an EGM on 1 June 2021 by a Trust motion in line delivered in line with the Companies Act.

Jarvis persevered. Opportunists always do.

A deal was verbally done for Andrew Kilpatrick's shares. Jarvis arranged an Non Disclosure Agreement - "NDA" with Kilpatrick and a power of attorney so that he could control the 110,000 shares. Roughly 22% of the club.

Similarly Jarvis then reached across the pond to the United States of America and did the same trick with Dan Altman and Emre Marcelli. Two more NDAs, two more powers of attorney and hey presto another 74,685 shares. Roughly 14% of the club with that transaction and now 36% of the club all in.

This is easy pickings thought Jarvis and armed with both a list of shareholders and their contact details, David Bottomley's pre-AGM presentation and other information sourced from his relationship with the former CEO, he set about trying to secure a further 14% of shares. Alexander Jarvis has emailed David Bottomley's private shareholder presentation to external parties which does make you question how Alexander Jarvis got hold of it? I am sure that these emails from Alexander Jarvis could be reproduced in the public domain if required.

Curran and Rose were persuaded by Jarvis to then move their funds to a law firm; Gateley PLC and Gateley PLC were given the job of rounding up all of the documents for Kilpatrick, Altman and Marcelli and writing them in such a way that meant the payment was completely conditional on getting control of the club.

Gateley PLC were asked to advises on a range of corporate matters, including the acquisition and general corporate governance matters. The money still sits in their hands and hasn't move as the deal hasn't moved as Jarvis wanted.

Now, we all then know that Jarvis makes a big mistake and lets the cat out of the bag. His Blackbridge Sports email address is compromised and in the process he manages to loses a lot of his own data - ironic really that having been handed the private email addresses and phone numbers of certain shareholders, which he used to make emails as calls, he makes the rookie error of leaving his data unprotected.

The breach exposed Curran and Rose and all they had previously kept secret.

Meanwhile in London, Andrew Kilpatrick is saying "Where is my money Alex?"

In the USA, Dan Altman and Emre Marcelli are asking "When will we complete and get paid Alex?"

Jarvis tells them some cock and bull story about "the next few days" and from that bedlam ensues with the EFL. Rochdale fans are called "small minded" and "nancy boys" by one of the buying party and Jarvis has to backtrack in the Daily Telegraph.

The upshot is, the Curran and Rose have been committed to nearly £1m of purchases that they can't get out of but they don't want to make those purchases unless they can guarantee control.

They are exposed financially and they can't simply withdraw than money back out of Gateley PLC.

They've gone from being really keen to buy the club to being really keen to not buy the club.

Andy Curran isn't answering his phone anymore, Alex Jarvis has not go a lot of friends left as between people at the club, Curran and Rose no one has got what they have wanted.

So tonight, if you want to buy Rochdale shares from Jarvis you can do so for the sum of £6 a share.

Jarvis is now a seller not a buyer because, if he doesn't complete the purchases of Kilpatrick, Altman and Marcelli then they will sue him and sue Curran and Rose for what is known legally as "specific performance" or in English - pay me what I am owed.

The last thing that Darrell Rose and Andrew Curran want is to turn up in the High Court being sued by Kilpatrick, Altman and Marcelli.

The second last thing they want is to sink a cool million quid into a minority shareholding of a well organised, well run and well mobilised club where virtually every supporter knows forensic details about them that are in the public domain. Supporters invariably have long memories.

So too do the folks at HMRC, various landlords of rental properties that have rent owning and anyone who wants to type their names into Google, including the EFL and quite a lot of Swindon Town fans!

Add into that a sprinkling of a cast of characters, Kelly Curran, Taylor Curran, Denise Valarie Courtnell, Oliver Rose, Faical Safouane, Mark Farrugia and many more and the whole thing is completely in the public domain.

At £6 a share Jarvis is trying to save face and his skin and make his clients a 20% return in order to pay Gateley PLC's not insubstantial legal fees.

Practically those shares are all worthless because there is no market for them.

And the best bit - Alex Jarvis is the one who has breached his own NDA's. Andrew Kilpatrick and Dan Altman will be FUMING to find out that that we know that they would sell the club down the river.

You really could not make this up! Or could you?!

Next up for Dale - Scunthorpe United (H).
Next up for Jarvis - Essex (A)

[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 19:55]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:16 - Aug 12 with 2451 viewswozzrafc

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:06 - Aug 12 by James1980

Is it possible A Kilpatrick has basically been duped? By that I mean he has been 'sold' the idea these 'investors', are what the club really needs to kick on etc and there will be a nice windfall for him in the process and that it will be win win situation. Now he realises the ramifications for the club. But is unable to admit his mistake for some reason.

Errrrmmm……… let me think about this…. NO!!

He’s sold the club up the river for the best part of three quarters of a million quid.

“Gov I didn’t realise” doesn’t cut it!!!
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:17 - Aug 12 with 2448 viewsJames1980

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:08 - Aug 12 by Brierls

You're doing it again.

Just bear with me a moment I know I am coming across as playing devil's advocate and or overthinking. I get 4 of those selling to Jarvis's clients intentions but considering A Kil's links to the club I'm just asking would he really have signed a deal to sell his shares knowing that it was potentially damaging to the club? Is it simply that he has seen pound signs
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 13:22]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:20 - Aug 12 with 2436 viewsHK_Dale

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:17 - Aug 12 by James1980

Just bear with me a moment I know I am coming across as playing devil's advocate and or overthinking. I get 4 of those selling to Jarvis's clients intentions but considering A Kil's links to the club I'm just asking would he really have signed a deal to sell his shares knowing that it was potentially damaging to the club? Is it simply that he has seen pound signs
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 13:22]

He's got bigger issues if he was duped by this - given his day job!
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:34 - Aug 12 with 2363 viewsJames1980

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:20 - Aug 12 by HK_Dale

He's got bigger issues if he was duped by this - given his day job!

Very true, although we don't know how it was sold to him. If it was 'we will buy your shares for £X money to be deposited when the EFL agree we have passed the relevant tests by the way you can' t sell to anyone else and we want your voting rights, no questions asked.' I would like to have thought he smelt a rat or two.

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:37 - Aug 12 with 2341 viewsjoecooke

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/businessman

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:43 - Aug 12 with 2305 viewsIOMDale

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:37 - Aug 12 by joecooke

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/businessman

This gets more interesting by the minute.

According to Curran:

"The club is certainly not a 'cash cow, far from it. It's got no money and without significant investment, the club will run out of money before the end of the year."

"The board has already confirmed it has no intention or means of putting in the funds required to sustain the club for the foreseeable future. (These include) a substantial outstanding loan (which) is secured against the stadium; HMRC payments are in arrears, and players have been sold below market value."

"If anything the board will be the demise of Rochdale AFC if they continue to act in the manner in which they have been.

"Furthermore, we have paid in excess of £1 million to date in consideration for shares, due diligence and legal costs.

"So, alluding to the fact we intend to use Rochdale AFC as a cash cow for our own benefit is factually incorrect and completely untrue. There simply is no cash to ‘milk’."

Mr Curran added: "We wish to conclude the process in the professional manner that we have conducted ourselves in throughout. The EFL has been provided with information on the ultimate beneficial owner, along with proof, source and sufficiency of funds.

"We have repeatedly reiterated to the club and the supporters' trust, that we are 100 percent committed to Rochdale AFC and want to work with them going forward through these challenging financial times many clubs are facing; this offer extends to Mr Lloyd as MP of Rochdale who I feel it would be beneficial to at least have a conversation with us prior to making any unfounded allegations and statements based on what he has read on Twitter."

#banter
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 13:46]

UTDNFS

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:48 - Aug 12 with 2283 viewsBrierls

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:37 - Aug 12 by joecooke

That's some shift from having “nothing to do with Rochdale”.

Anybody would think that you can't trust a thing the man says.
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:50 - Aug 12 with 2274 viewsIOMDale

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:48 - Aug 12 by Brierls

This line explains why Curran is now 'all in':

"Furthermore, we have paid in excess of £1 million to date in consideration for shares, due diligence and legal costs."

Though of course, if you take the shares out, he's actually paid very little.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 13:51]

UTDNFS

Login to get fewer ads

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:52 - Aug 12 with 2256 viewsJames1980

So Mr Curran has never heard of the term asset stripping then.

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:59 - Aug 12 with 2227 views49thseason

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 13:48 - Aug 12 by Brierls

I sincerely hope the board will issue a full rebuttal of Curran's allegations regarding HMRC payments. We know there is a loan from Rochdale Council on the ground and that things are financially very tight , but find me a lower league football club where things are not "tight" at the moment. The SC monies might have relieved the situation somewhat I expect and we have 12 Home fixtures before January, maybe more with cup matches if the draws are favourable and maybe there will be some payment from the business continuity insurance. I think as long as the club is paying off some of the HMRC debt (if there is any) and not significantly adding to it we might be OK. But then I only know as much as Mr Curran.... not much!
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:04 - Aug 12 with 2199 viewsD_Alien

On what basis is Curran claiming that players "have been sold below market value"?

Who provided this 'undisclosed' information to him?

[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 14:05]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:06 - Aug 12 with 2174 viewsIOMDale

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:04 - Aug 12 by D_Alien

On what basis is Curran claiming that players "have been sold below market value"?

Who provided this 'undisclosed' information to him?

[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 14:05]

You mean sold below market value.... like Mr Curran's RR Cullinan?

Takes one to know one.

UTDNFS

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:16 - Aug 12 with 2117 viewsjacko_dale

"We wish to conclude the process in the professional manner that we have conducted ourselves in throughout."

Calling the board nancy boys, offering to sort out disputes in a boxing ring, getting your errand boy to offer cash for the personal details of people on here. The height of professionalism, indeed.
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:18 - Aug 12 with 2107 viewsDaleiLama

"The club is certainly not a 'cash cow, far from it. It's got no money and without significant investment, the club will run out of money before the end of the year."

Says who? Has he really seen the boards cashflow projections. Does he know we sold 1750 SCs and counting? Does he know how shirt sales are going?

"The board has already confirmed it has no intention or means of putting in the funds required to sustain the club for the foreseeable future. (These include) a substantial outstanding loan (which) is secured against the stadium; HMRC payments are in arrears, and players have been sold below market value."

Erm...... if AC would just do one and withdraw his odious hostile takeover, which we want none of, there is a share issue planned which WILL raise money. Not millions but I'd rather be fan-owned, solvent and punching above our weight, than leveraged and dumped when the wind was blowing in the wrong direction.

"If anything the board will be the demise of Rochdale AFC if they continue to act in the manner in which they have been".

That was submitting a 1 or 2 year plan which was approved by the EFL. Right then. Thanks for your opinion on that. Cos you've done so well with football clubs, every fan can't wait to see the back of you!

"Furthermore, we have paid in excess of £1 million to date in consideration for shares, due diligence and legal costs".

Erm ..... a sum of money has been deposited at a solicitor. Where did it come from? Who does it belong to? The share ownership of your and Dazzer's companies is a revolving door of ownership and no one trusts you. Is the cash going to be withdrawn? When are the share transfer forms going to be submitted? WE DON'T WANT YOU OR YOUR DODGY MONEY.

"So, alluding to the fact we intend to use Rochdale AFC as a cash cow for our own benefit is factually incorrect and completely untrue. There simply is no cash to ‘milk’."

But there are assets.

Mr Curran added: "We wish to conclude the process in the professional manner that we have conducted ourselves in throughout. The EFL has been provided with information on the ultimate beneficial owner, along with proof, source and sufficiency of funds".

So how come they haven't approved you?

"We have repeatedly reiterated to the club and the supporters' trust, that we are 100 percent committed to Rochdale AFC and want to work with them going forward through these challenging financial times many clubs are facing; this offer extends to Mr Lloyd as MP of Rochdale who I feel it would be beneficial to at least have a conversation with us prior to making any unfounded allegations and statements based on what he has read on Twitter."

Cos we've always loved Rochdale us Essex sorts. It's the glamour of it all to us. Forget Swindon, Mansfield, Maidstone ...... it's Rochdale, Rochdale, Rochdale.

Bullshit detector just maxed out at 100.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 14:20]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:32 - Aug 12 with 2036 viewskel

If NDA’s have been signed, why is Curran putting the alleged financial situation at the club into the public domain?

Or am I being thick?
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:37 - Aug 12 with 1990 viewsNorthernDale

The main questions should be is why is a southern like Mr (I have nothing to do with Rochdale) Curran want to take over tiny little Rochdale, but to asset strip the club. If he is so interested in football, why not invest in Southend,it is close to home as well? Mr Curran you lied to the Telegraph about having nothing to do with the Dale and you are lying now.

He remembers me of Stewart Day, who uttered similar words in taking over Bury FC, look at Bury now, Mr Curran things might be financially tight, but we do not want you or any of the crooks associated with near our club, how thick do you have to be,not to understand that. Mr Day borrowed money using the assets and dumped the debts and any money borrowed on the club (which a certain Mr Halsall did at Charlton) and like you they did not have a pot to p*ss in. Why invest £1 million in Rochdale, with no chance of a return, besides selling the assets and passing your debts onto the club.

Moreover where did you get your money from? How much money have you actually got? If you are so honest, why do you associate yourself with Mr Rose who is using a fake shell of a company called Morton House Management, with assets after the debts are taken out of just around £140,000. Moreover how you know how, much do you know the football received for Humphreys and Rathbone, were advised by the former CEO, whose financial nous cost us our league 1 status by letting out two best players leave to save money or are you just speculating like the shyster you are.

We don't need you near our club, so just bugger off.

Moreover if you are interested in investing in Rochdale with your dodgy money, you don't need the 51% ownership, but you want 51% ownership so you can asset strip us and rub us into the ground, that is the truth of the matter.
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:55 - Aug 12 with 1885 views_Windydale

All about losing money, it pours out in his statement which comes across as unconvincing.

His painting of a dire financial picture isn't a true reflection.

The new revitalised board are doing the biz..

Loads of good stuff going on...

Great season ticket sales
Large increase in lottery money,
Player sales
Shop sales
Developments to fan involvement and promoting the club locally,
Improvements in marketing/media to increase interest and footfall.

Rochdale supporters (The lifeblood) and the EFL are interested in seeing the club in a safe pair of hands, the integrity of the new directors running the club appears pretty solid, with a good mix of skills.
It's a no brainer if you are a fan of who you would want to be in charge.

Curran's going to lose money in the gamble that didn't pay off. he should quit now before he loses even more.
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:55 - Aug 12 with 3069 viewsZac_B

Frustratingly, many people will read this in the MEN and take Curran's word for it without seeing the masses of information which RAFCBLUE has dug up (from the public domain).
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 15:04 - Aug 12 with 3073 viewsSuddenLad

Curran will lose money you say? Whose money will it be?

If he does lose it, he will undoubtedly wish to recover it. Who will be in his sights?

There will be one or two folk sweating now, like Fred West watching Homes under the Hammer.

I hope all the obnoxious idiots lose every penny of the money, whoever it belongs to.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 15:07 - Aug 12 with 3055 viewsDaleiLama

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:55 - Aug 12 by Zac_B

Frustratingly, many people will read this in the MEN and take Curran's word for it without seeing the masses of information which RAFCBLUE has dug up (from the public domain).

#ripinvestigativejournalism@theMEN

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 15:09 - Aug 12 with 3042 views_Windydale

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:55 - Aug 12 by Zac_B

Especially if they aren't Fans of Rochdale FC they might.

I don't think it's a balanced report. The club should have been contacted to defend against his arguments on the way the club is being run.

I wouldn't blame the board to issue a statement, to disprove his allegations that we are in 'dire straights'.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 15:35]
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 15:33 - Aug 12 with 2911 viewsDorkingDale

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 14:16 - Aug 12 by jacko_dale

"We wish to conclude the process in the professional manner that we have conducted ourselves in throughout."

Calling the board nancy boys, offering to sort out disputes in a boxing ring, getting your errand boy to offer cash for the personal details of people on here. The height of professionalism, indeed.

Who have they been offering cash to for details of posters on here?!
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 15:41 - Aug 12 with 2881 viewsjacko_dale

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 15:33 - Aug 12 by DorkingDale

Who have they been offering cash to for details of posters on here?!

There was a picture posted on here a few days back of an email screenshotted between Jarvis and someone else. Not sure if it was real or not but nothing would surprise me with this lot.
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 15:48 - Aug 12 with 2856 viewsjonahwhereru

Pleased that Tony Lloyd has broken cover. Now need the bordering MP’s to join forces with him to add weight. Especially the Conservative.
I am glad Curran has reiterated his case as it reinforces the to good to be true notion we are all sensing. If he thinks there is genuine money to be made by investing in the club, then please settle for 42%, which after all is considered a controlling interest by the EFL. Then he can start persuading the board he know better than them and getting the investment in place to start producing results that will lead to the club being able to declare nice dividends in the near future. The club will be richer, The Trust will have mounts of cash to treat members with and a massive love in starts between the town and the club. Hans Andersen wrote that piece for him in the MEN.
Mind you didn’t Andersen also write The Brothers Grim (sic). A biography of Curran and Rose.

We are still in treacherous waters and the EFL are bound by very weak regulatory framework. So making sure they don’t get 50.1% is still key.
Up The Dale - not for sale
ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 16:02 - Aug 12 with 2801 viewsSuddenLad

ALEXANDER JARVIS IS NOW TRYING...... on 15:41 - Aug 12 by jacko_dale

There was a picture posted on here a few days back of an email screenshotted between Jarvis and someone else. Not sure if it was real or not but nothing would surprise me with this lot.

https://ibb.co/bvT18bp

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024