Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salford vs Dale 13:44 - Oct 19 with 18281 viewsD_Dale

With some six hours to kick-off there seems not to be much pre-match comment on this forum (apart from the ref's travel expenses).

Is Hendo due to play? Since being subbed on 11 September he's made no appearances. But ex-Dale Eastham and Lund look likely to start.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 13:47]
Salford vs Dale on 21:38 - Oct 19 with 2838 viewsDaleiLama

Good to see Odoh last 90 mins. The Viking immense. An away point could have been a lot worse

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Salford vs Dale on 21:40 - Oct 19 with 2798 viewsFrog

2 points from 15, becoming a worry now.
Salford vs Dale on 21:41 - Oct 19 with 2782 viewsNigeriamark

Salford vs Dale on 21:30 - Oct 19 by DaleiLama

Robbie made sure of his sub coming on there

Finished 0-0. They had the better of it for most of the game, but not that much end product. Beesley had a good chance after a poor bit of defending by them but wasted it by trying to get the ball onto his right foot. Odoh easily MOM for me with most of our threats coming when he had the ball, followed by the keeper who may have had his best game for us,.

Decent point but another game where we just aren't creating enough threat
Salford vs Dale on 21:41 - Oct 19 with 2774 viewsSandyDrum

Surely we've got someone who can take a better corner than Aaron Morley

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Salford vs Dale on 21:42 - Oct 19 with 2767 viewsRotherhamDale

Salford vs Dale on 21:38 - Oct 19 by Dalenet

Much better in the second half. Good point earned. Odoh was excellent

Busy player but no end product whatsoever

Possession with progression.

Salford vs Dale on 21:45 - Oct 19 with 2693 viewskel

Salford vs Dale on 21:41 - Oct 19 by SandyDrum

Aye, it’s clear that floaty thing he does just doesn’t work at all. It’s gone on for too long now.

Safe trip home to the true fans.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 21:46]
Salford vs Dale on 21:47 - Oct 19 with 2648 views1907

Salford vs Dale on 21:38 - Oct 19 by DaleiLama

Good to see Odoh last 90 mins. The Viking immense. An away point could have been a lot worse

If we actually set up with a formation that complemented our players, we could have come out of that with so much more.

It’s interesting to see how poor Salford are given the money spent, surely Bowyer is one of the most under pressure managers in the league at present at that showing?

We were overrun in the middle of the park for a lot of the game. Again.

Graham and Dorsett have caused a lot of controversy in recent weeks but on tonight’s viewing I’d say Graham was fairly inconspicuous, pointless and a waste of a body. Dorsett, although unpredictable, was probably the better of the two.

I would absolutely love to see us go with four at the back on Saturday, all out, with O’Keffee, O’Connell, Dorsett, White.

I genuinely believe had we had another body in the middle of the pitch (Broadbent, Morley, Kelly for example) that was a game we would have won.

It’s a point gained. But for Christ sake Robbie it is blindingly obvious where we are falling short week in, week out.

Played 13, won 3. Nobody ever achieved anything in League Two being cautious. Stop selling us short & start having a go. This is not the style of football you promised us at the fans forum.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 21:49]
Salford vs Dale on 21:50 - Oct 19 with 2597 viewsfunkkk

We lack quality when it matters. Hoofing it to Beesley isn’t going to work. There is so much dross in this league which makes it all the more frustrating.
Login to get fewer ads

Salford vs Dale on 21:51 - Oct 19 with 2582 viewsRippDale

Salford vs Dale on 21:47 - Oct 19 by 1907

If we actually set up with a formation that complemented our players, we could have come out of that with so much more.

It’s interesting to see how poor Salford are given the money spent, surely Bowyer is one of the most under pressure managers in the league at present at that showing?

Graham and Dorsett have caused a lot of controversy in recent weeks but on tonight’s viewing I’d say Graham was fairly inconspicuous, pointless and a waste of a body. Dorsett, although unpredictable, was probably the better of the two.

I would absolutely love to see us go with four at the back on Saturday, all out, with O’Keffee, O’Connell, Dorsett, White.

I genuinely believe had we had another body in the middle of the pitch (Broadbent, Morley, Kelly for example) that was a game we would have won.

It’s a point gained. But for Christ sake Robbie it is blindingly obvious where we are falling short week in, week out.

Played 13, won 3. Nobody ever achieved anything in League Two being cautious. Stop selling us short & start having a go. This is not the style of football you promised us at the fans forum.

Don't understand his logic, played 433 all pre season and then switched to the current failed system. It's so clear that it doesn't work
Salford vs Dale on 21:55 - Oct 19 with 2516 viewsIOMDale

Got to agree 1907, Graham just looks so uncomfortable with the ball at his feet and isn’t particularly quick either. Thought Dorsett had a solid game and that EOC was imperious.

A back four of COK, EOC, Dorsett & White with a midfield three of Kelly, Broadbent & Keohane for me on Saturday.

UTDNFS

Salford vs Dale on 21:58 - Oct 19 with 2454 viewsDalenet

Salford vs Dale on 21:42 - Oct 19 by RotherhamDale

That could be said for quite a few in recent games. Onwards and upwards.
Salford vs Dale on 21:59 - Oct 19 with 2447 viewsinthenet

We need more bodies in midfield…..this system does not work

Rastrickblue

Salford vs Dale on 21:59 - Oct 19 with 2446 viewsShun

I was quite impressed with Kelly’s corners tonight and he has to be first choice now. Agree though that we must have a better backup than Morley.
Salford vs Dale on 22:32 - Oct 19 with 2198 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Salford vs Dale on 21:42 - Oct 19 by RotherhamDale

Flatters to deceive......
Salford vs Dale on 22:32 - Oct 19 with 2188 viewsEllDale

It’s tempting to back calls for a flat back four but the fact remains that this squad was assembled with three at the back in mind.
How dogmatic is RS prepared to be?
Does he want to play O’Keeffe as a conventional right back and so perhaps blunt his attacking prowess?
And is the lad himself comfortable playing as an orthodox defender?
Does it need to go 3-5-2 instead of 3-4-3? The personnel are at the club to make that work.
The positive from tonight is a clean sheet and two draws from two tough looking away games.
Let’s just sort out this appalling home form.
Salford vs Dale on 22:39 - Oct 19 with 2135 viewsTVOS1907

Tbf, Kelly took most of them tonight.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Salford vs Dale on 22:40 - Oct 19 with 2117 viewsdingdangblue

Salford vs Dale on 21:59 - Oct 19 by Shun

I was quite impressed with Kelly’s corners tonight and he has to be first choice now. Agree though that we must have a better backup than Morley.

I'm quite confused by Morley's arm signals.
Left arm up in the air seems to mean underhit corner to the nearpost.
Right arm up in the air seems to mean underhit corner to the nearpost.
Both arms up in the air seems to mean underhit corner to the nearpost.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Salford vs Dale on 22:42 - Oct 19 with 2105 views1907

Salford vs Dale on 22:32 - Oct 19 by EllDale

It’s tempting to back calls for a flat back four but the fact remains that this squad was assembled with three at the back in mind.
How dogmatic is RS prepared to be?
Does he want to play O’Keeffe as a conventional right back and so perhaps blunt his attacking prowess?
And is the lad himself comfortable playing as an orthodox defender?
Does it need to go 3-5-2 instead of 3-4-3? The personnel are at the club to make that work.
The positive from tonight is a clean sheet and two draws from two tough looking away games.
Let’s just sort out this appalling home form.

To think that KOK’a position changes that much is ridiculous to be honest. Right backs are expected to bomb forward and get involved in 2021.

The main change in the system is that we go from having a pointless body (Graham) spending 95% of the game in our half, uninvolved, to an additional central midfielder who will be far more involved & able to influence the game.
Salford vs Dale on 22:49 - Oct 19 with 2050 viewsjoecooke

Dorsett is up there with one of the worst footballers ive seen in a long time on that viewing tonight.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Salford vs Dale on 22:55 - Oct 19 with 2000 views442Dale

Not particularly aimed at this game, but it obviously applies, the standard of football in this division so far this season has been well below average. That’s not meant to be overly critical of Dale or individuals but there are so many basic, unforced errors.

Like watching Tim Henman reaching the quarter finals of Wimbledon and everyone pretending he’s good.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Salford vs Dale on 23:03 - Oct 19 with 1931 viewsboromat

Much better 2nd half. Morley coming on was needed he got us passing and mainly forward if not we at least kept the ball. O'Connell also stepped out into midfield more and took the risk. I would still have preferred Morley to have come on for either Dorsett or Graham. With us having more of the ball and at feet it meant Odoh and Newby finally got into the game as well as Keohane and O'Keefe in forward positions. Odoh was brilliant in that second half but on the whole game I think Keohane gets my man of the match.

Deserved point in an open game played by two toothless teams.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Salford vs Dale on 23:07 - Oct 19 with 1900 viewsleedsdale

Salford vs Dale on 23:03 - Oct 19 by boromat

Much better 2nd half. Morley coming on was needed he got us passing and mainly forward if not we at least kept the ball. O'Connell also stepped out into midfield more and took the risk. I would still have preferred Morley to have come on for either Dorsett or Graham. With us having more of the ball and at feet it meant Odoh and Newby finally got into the game as well as Keohane and O'Keefe in forward positions. Odoh was brilliant in that second half but on the whole game I think Keohane gets my man of the match.

Deserved point in an open game played by two toothless teams.

For me it was Coleman as man of the match, couple of great, low saves to keep a clean sheet
Salford vs Dale on 23:16 - Oct 19 with 1834 views_Windydale

Salford vs Dale on 22:49 - Oct 19 by joecooke

Dorsett is up there with one of the worst footballers ive seen in a long time on that viewing tonight.

Thought Dorsett had a decent game. Didn't seem to do much wrong and wasn't wasteful of the ball. One of his better games.

O'Connell is our best defender by a mile. Assured and vocal. A rock.

However, Graham seems out of sorts. Confidence looks rock bottom. Very uncomfortable on the ball, has no balance, and is poor at heading. I'm unsure if the reason Stockdale is playing him is that he thinks he's a good player but needs the minutes on the pitch to blossom. He's not improving, getting worse. He can only pass short passes, very limited skills. Shame.

Keohane winds me up on the ball, in that he won't run into space when there are acres in front of him. He runs a few yards and stops. Maybe he doesn't do it for tactical reasons but it would be good to see him get down the wing and slot one over. Also, I wish he would close his man down more when defending instead of giving him sh1t loads of time and space.
Salford vs Dale on 23:18 - Oct 19 with 1834 viewsjudd

How good were Lund and Eastham?

Agree keeper our MoM.

Fans on Twitter saying Co'K lucky not to be red carded. Any thoughts on why?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Salford vs Dale on 23:22 - Oct 19 with 1803 viewsleedsdale

Salford vs Dale on 23:16 - Oct 19 by _Windydale

Thought Dorsett had a decent game. Didn't seem to do much wrong and wasn't wasteful of the ball. One of his better games.

O'Connell is our best defender by a mile. Assured and vocal. A rock.

However, Graham seems out of sorts. Confidence looks rock bottom. Very uncomfortable on the ball, has no balance, and is poor at heading. I'm unsure if the reason Stockdale is playing him is that he thinks he's a good player but needs the minutes on the pitch to blossom. He's not improving, getting worse. He can only pass short passes, very limited skills. Shame.

Keohane winds me up on the ball, in that he won't run into space when there are acres in front of him. He runs a few yards and stops. Maybe he doesn't do it for tactical reasons but it would be good to see him get down the wing and slot one over. Also, I wish he would close his man down more when defending instead of giving him sh1t loads of time and space.

Your last point applies to a lot of the team, to be honest. The amount of time Salford players had to put crosses in largely unopposed was laughable
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024