Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Share Issue 13:49 - Nov 18 with 9778 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

We'd expect further movement on this (& maybe a statement from the club) very soon.

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

Share Issue on 13:57 - Nov 18 with 6148 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00111019/fili

We're not experts, but hopefully the top 2 documents filed on here mean 345,617 of the issued shares are in the right hands now.. and over £690,000 has been invested directly into the club.

#UpTheDaleNotForSale
[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 13:58]

Share Issue on 13:58 - Nov 18 with 6140 views49thseason

That's £346k into the coffers... about half of what were made available? Maybe does not include the David Clough Estate purchase yet?
Share Issue on 15:02 - Nov 18 with 5933 viewstony_roch975

Share Issue on 13:58 - Nov 18 by 49thseason

That's £346k into the coffers... about half of what were made available? Maybe does not include the David Clough Estate purchase yet?

I make that 345,617 allotted cf 397,043 shares issued?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Share Issue on 15:12 - Nov 18 with 5880 viewsHullDale

Share Issue on 13:57 - Nov 18 by UpTheDaleNotForSale

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00111019/fili

We're not experts, but hopefully the top 2 documents filed on here mean 345,617 of the issued shares are in the right hands now.. and over £690,000 has been invested directly into the club.

#UpTheDaleNotForSale
[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 13:58]

£690,000 plus £20K FA cup prize money, £60K TV money, £30K notts ticket money (2 games), 2nd round ticket money, probably additional £25K TV shirt sponsorship, Xmas draw and other activities.... its not unreasonable to think the club will have taken in c.£1m additional revenue between the share issue being approved and 1st January 2022.

With another roughly £400,000 coming in from the new Premier League funding, could we be seeing the beginning of the end of the genuinely frightening situation we've been in since summer?
[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 15:13]
Share Issue on 15:22 - Nov 18 with 5845 viewsDaleiLama

Share Issue on 15:12 - Nov 18 by HullDale

£690,000 plus £20K FA cup prize money, £60K TV money, £30K notts ticket money (2 games), 2nd round ticket money, probably additional £25K TV shirt sponsorship, Xmas draw and other activities.... its not unreasonable to think the club will have taken in c.£1m additional revenue between the share issue being approved and 1st January 2022.

With another roughly £400,000 coming in from the new Premier League funding, could we be seeing the beginning of the end of the genuinely frightening situation we've been in since summer?

Not bad for a club on it's knees and only able to stay afloat with additional money coming in from A. Dubious investor(s), according to some presentations? How on earth are we managing to stay in L2 without a PL-standard training pitch too? Or Director of Football? It's almost as if .........

Also, how much would 12,500 shares now be worth if someone who bought them looking to make a tidy profit, say, wasn't able to get shut of them anymore? Asking for a friend.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Share Issue on 15:57 - Nov 18 with 5742 views49thseason

Share Issue on 15:02 - Nov 18 by tony_roch975

I make that 345,617 allotted cf 397,043 shares issued?

Looks like it, I hadnt spotted there were 2 documents. So a little over 50,000 shares still available. Its a bloody good effort whichever way you look at it. Maybe 1 or 2 more Directors still to arrive?
Share Issue on 16:27 - Nov 18 with 5636 viewsRAFCBLUE

Share Issue on 15:12 - Nov 18 by HullDale

Stop it.

Weren't you listening to Alexander Jarvis? He said that we'd run out of money by the end of the year.

The Premier League £400,000 is a windfall that was not expected by any club. Will be well received by the EFL I imagine.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Share Issue on 16:51 - Nov 18 with 5534 viewsjudd

Share Issue on 16:27 - Nov 18 by RAFCBLUE

Stop it.

Weren't you listening to Alexander Jarvis? He said that we'd run out of money by the end of the year.

The Premier League £400,000 is a windfall that was not expected by any club. Will be well received by the EFL I imagine.

We're unsustainable and small minded with ambitions of bottom-feeding in non-league.

What we need is a model like Reading (£70m in losses and points deducted) or Fleetwood (£21m owed to owner who is facing the beak in any case) or Doncaster (nett worth of parent co. -£3.5m).

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Share Issue on 16:52 - Nov 18 with 5532 viewsrochedale

Shares certificates being sent out today also, so those who have purchased should receive by weekend.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Share Issue on 17:28 - Nov 18 with 5397 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

Share Issue on 15:22 - Nov 18 by DaleiLama

Not bad for a club on it's knees and only able to stay afloat with additional money coming in from A. Dubious investor(s), according to some presentations? How on earth are we managing to stay in L2 without a PL-standard training pitch too? Or Director of Football? It's almost as if .........

Also, how much would 12,500 shares now be worth if someone who bought them looking to make a tidy profit, say, wasn't able to get shut of them anymore? Asking for a friend.

If the bankruptcy petition against Matt Southall & Jade Katy McManus goes through, we wonder if those shares could end up with Optimus Build Ltd?

We'd imagine the gent behind OBL could end up being a bit of a fan of Dale, after the help and information he received in the recent past from Dale fans.

#UpTheDaleNotForSale
[Post edited 18 Nov 2021 17:56]

Share Issue on 17:31 - Nov 18 with 5382 viewsnordenblue

Share Issue on 16:52 - Nov 18 by rochedale

Shares certificates being sent out today also, so those who have purchased should receive by weekend.

How/where do you know that from? Cheers
Share Issue on 20:50 - Nov 18 with 4967 viewsrochedale

Share Issue on 17:31 - Nov 18 by nordenblue

How/where do you know that from? Cheers

My pal spoke with Nicola today who told him.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Share Issue on 22:53 - Nov 18 with 4747 viewsDalenet

Share Issue on 15:57 - Nov 18 by 49thseason

Looks like it, I hadnt spotted there were 2 documents. So a little over 50,000 shares still available. Its a bloody good effort whichever way you look at it. Maybe 1 or 2 more Directors still to arrive?

Great effort as you say.

If there are still 50,000 shares still for sale that leaves some for those that hadn't realised they could buy them. Grab them whilst you can.
Share Issue on 23:57 - Nov 18 with 4646 viewslyberoc

Share Issue on 22:53 - Nov 18 by Dalenet

Great effort as you say.

If there are still 50,000 shares still for sale that leaves some for those that hadn't realised they could buy them. Grab them whilst you can.

I would dearly have loved to have been in a position to buy some shares in my club however the initial investment , was it a minimum of £200 , made them out of my reach financially. Perhaps the 50,000 remaining share could be sold off in smaller bundles allowing those of us not so well off to purchase some? With Christmas on the horizon , they would make an ideal present for someone like me
Share Issue on 08:01 - Nov 19 with 4386 views1907

Share Issue on 16:27 - Nov 18 by RAFCBLUE

Stop it.

Can you share a link to an article on this please I’ve missed this.
Share Issue on 09:10 - Nov 19 with 4269 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Is the application for shares now closed or is it open until all shares have been sold?
Share Issue on 09:12 - Nov 19 with 4255 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

Based on the Chairman's update, the club are no longer accepting share applications.

#UpTheDaleNotForSale

Share Issue on 10:39 - Nov 19 with 4117 viewslyberoc

Forgive me if I,m wrong but does this mean that with the new share issue Morton House now control only 25% of our shares as opposed to 42% previously reported ?
Share Issue on 11:01 - Nov 19 with 4070 viewsRAFCBLUE

Share Issue on 10:39 - Nov 19 by lyberoc

Forgive me if I,m wrong but does this mean that with the new share issue Morton House now control only 25% of our shares as opposed to 42% previously reported ?

Do Morton House legally own anything given the live and ongoing EFL investigation?

If they say they do then the EFL will need to come down hard on the perpetrators given that's a woeful breach of EFL rules.

That August EFL announcement said Morton House would divest "at the earliest opportunity."

They might think they've bought "something" for £1m but it's rapidly turning out actually to be much less of a shareholding than they thought.

Rule 1 of investment - always do your full research

The sellers who sold Andy Curran and Darrell Rose may have received their money and had it away in their toes.

Whatever has happened it's a very small minority stake as one of 500 shareholders.

No wonder Alexander Jarvis is called the Scouse Disaster!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Share Issue on 11:05 - Nov 19 with 4041 viewsSuddenLad

If these 'investors' seek to recover their financial losses, there could be some long and dark sleepless nights ahead for a few conspirators. Hopefully.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Share Issue on 13:38 - Nov 19 with 3828 viewsA_Newby

The share issue has gone fantastically well. I managed to purchase a few hundred shares.

Before the recent share issue there were 502,957 RAFC shares allocated out of a possible 900,000

Morton House held around 42% or around 211,000 of the allocated shares.

The remaining unallocated 393,043 RAFC shares were offered for sale by the board to fans, fan organisations and other interested parties.

Of the shares offered 345,617 shares were sold @ £2 raising £691,234.

This means the total number of allocated shares is now 848,574 out of 900,000

This leaves the number of unallocated shares remaining at 51,426.

Since the new share issue, Morton House’s shareholding has now shrunk to just below 25%.

The “plans” for the club over many years have always been

- To have / own better training facilities
- To move up the football pyramid to league 1 / championship.

As I’ve said on a different thread, these are not really plans but objectives or goals, the second of which is a given for any football club.

Now for the questions.

1. The chairman announced that the share sale has now stopped. There are still 51,426 shares unallocated. The Dale trust are still raising funds for purchasing new shares. Is the trust going to be able to continue to purchase unallocated shares? (I hope so)

2. What does the board intend to use the raised capital for? Is some of it needed to cover existing “one off” debts due to the pandemic? (I have absolutely no issues with this if this is the case - needs must).

3. Morton House hold around 211,000 shares. Are the board going to make an offer for these at the nominal share value of 50p or around £105,000 for the complete holding? I do not like the idea of dealing with Morton House but if this would remove any lingering influence they have from the club then I would be in favour. If the club could acquire the Morton House shares, then these could be resold to fans at a future date in a share issue at £2 per share to raise capital for investment in a club project.

4. Are the club still going to try to improve the training facilities needed by the team / academy but in a realistic fashion?

I have mentioned before the training / community facilities of Fleetwood Town.

These are fantastic but cost well over £10,000,000!

Before the pandemic these facilities had just started to provide a net income source for Fleetwood, during the pandemic they were an outgoing cost with no income.

I have said before that it would be nice to have similar facilities at Rochdale, but we cannot afford them without a legitimate “sugar daddy investor" to DONATE the funds.

If, however the club had a more realistic target, for example the opportunity to buy or part own the current team training facilities then I would be happy to purchase more shares to help raise capital to do something like this.
Share Issue on 14:14 - Nov 19 with 3758 viewsD_Alien

Share Issue on 13:38 - Nov 19 by A_Newby

The share issue has gone fantastically well. I managed to purchase a few hundred shares.

Before the recent share issue there were 502,957 RAFC shares allocated out of a possible 900,000

Morton House held around 42% or around 211,000 of the allocated shares.

The remaining unallocated 393,043 RAFC shares were offered for sale by the board to fans, fan organisations and other interested parties.

Of the shares offered 345,617 shares were sold @ £2 raising £691,234.

This means the total number of allocated shares is now 848,574 out of 900,000

This leaves the number of unallocated shares remaining at 51,426.

Since the new share issue, Morton House’s shareholding has now shrunk to just below 25%.

The “plans” for the club over many years have always been

- To have / own better training facilities
- To move up the football pyramid to league 1 / championship.

As I’ve said on a different thread, these are not really plans but objectives or goals, the second of which is a given for any football club.

Now for the questions.

1. The chairman announced that the share sale has now stopped. There are still 51,426 shares unallocated. The Dale trust are still raising funds for purchasing new shares. Is the trust going to be able to continue to purchase unallocated shares? (I hope so)

2. What does the board intend to use the raised capital for? Is some of it needed to cover existing “one off” debts due to the pandemic? (I have absolutely no issues with this if this is the case - needs must).

3. Morton House hold around 211,000 shares. Are the board going to make an offer for these at the nominal share value of 50p or around £105,000 for the complete holding? I do not like the idea of dealing with Morton House but if this would remove any lingering influence they have from the club then I would be in favour. If the club could acquire the Morton House shares, then these could be resold to fans at a future date in a share issue at £2 per share to raise capital for investment in a club project.

4. Are the club still going to try to improve the training facilities needed by the team / academy but in a realistic fashion?

I have mentioned before the training / community facilities of Fleetwood Town.

These are fantastic but cost well over £10,000,000!

Before the pandemic these facilities had just started to provide a net income source for Fleetwood, during the pandemic they were an outgoing cost with no income.

I have said before that it would be nice to have similar facilities at Rochdale, but we cannot afford them without a legitimate “sugar daddy investor" to DONATE the funds.

If, however the club had a more realistic target, for example the opportunity to buy or part own the current team training facilities then I would be happy to purchase more shares to help raise capital to do something like this.

That's a great summary, and answers the question posed by lyberoc a few posts earlier

I particularly like your question 3, regarding the shareholding claimed by Morton House. Those 211000 (approx) shares reside somewhere, and imo remain too close to 25% for any of us to think this is over. The successful share issue has resulted in the shares becoming much diluted but it'd only need another 1200 shares (approx) for that shareholding to rise above 25% again. I think you're absolutely right that an effort should be made to recapture as many of the 211000 shares as possible without expending funds that are much-needed elsewhere

The Board seem to be a lot more established and comfortable with the share position, and they should be - it been a fantastic effort in a short space of time and with threats hanging over them that were rightly ignored. But having a 24.8% shareholding in our beloved club in the wrong hands still feels just wrong. Breathing space has been achieved it would seem, but the disease of Bottomley and Morton House needs to be eradicated whenever possible

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Share Issue on 15:14 - Nov 19 with 3595 viewsSuddenLad

Share Issue on 14:14 - Nov 19 by D_Alien

That's a great summary, and answers the question posed by lyberoc a few posts earlier

I particularly like your question 3, regarding the shareholding claimed by Morton House. Those 211000 (approx) shares reside somewhere, and imo remain too close to 25% for any of us to think this is over. The successful share issue has resulted in the shares becoming much diluted but it'd only need another 1200 shares (approx) for that shareholding to rise above 25% again. I think you're absolutely right that an effort should be made to recapture as many of the 211000 shares as possible without expending funds that are much-needed elsewhere

The Board seem to be a lot more established and comfortable with the share position, and they should be - it been a fantastic effort in a short space of time and with threats hanging over them that were rightly ignored. But having a 24.8% shareholding in our beloved club in the wrong hands still feels just wrong. Breathing space has been achieved it would seem, but the disease of Bottomley and Morton House needs to be eradicated whenever possible

Interesting analysis.

I would have thought that somewhere in the complex legal world of shares that there would be some kind of mechanism for allowing/enabling the issuing body (RAFC) to declare null and void any shares that have been obtained by, or for reasons detrimental to the business.

The shares could then be struck from the register and effectively made worthless.

As far as I know, the club have never received any kind of documentation in respect of the share transfers, from anyone so they have not been registered with the club. Of course, that may have changed.

These 'fly-by-nights' need to know that they have been 'well and truly conned' by people who were amongst other things, untrustworthy, dishonest, out of their depth and full of bullsh*t.

Diluting their shareholding is a start. Striking off their tranche of shares entirely (if possible, by any legal means), would make the atmosphere so much sweeter.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Share Issue on 15:28 - Nov 19 with 3528 viewsboromat

Share Issue on 15:14 - Nov 19 by SuddenLad

Interesting analysis.

I would have thought that somewhere in the complex legal world of shares that there would be some kind of mechanism for allowing/enabling the issuing body (RAFC) to declare null and void any shares that have been obtained by, or for reasons detrimental to the business.

The shares could then be struck from the register and effectively made worthless.

As far as I know, the club have never received any kind of documentation in respect of the share transfers, from anyone so they have not been registered with the club. Of course, that may have changed.

These 'fly-by-nights' need to know that they have been 'well and truly conned' by people who were amongst other things, untrustworthy, dishonest, out of their depth and full of bullsh*t.

Diluting their shareholding is a start. Striking off their tranche of shares entirely (if possible, by any legal means), would make the atmosphere so much sweeter.

That's my hope that you have the selling parties that have received money and handed over their share certificates and you have Morton House who haven't handed in the share transfer forms due to the ongoing legal issues with the EFL. If those shares remain in no man's land for much longer you'd hope that there would be a process to have them stricken off in someway.

Another interesting point is now that Morton House is below the 30% threshold can they now hand in the share transfer forms? And could the board at that point reject them due to the investigation and make them worthless?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Share Issue on 16:28 - Nov 19 with 3402 viewsAllBlueDale

I was always plnanning to invest in some shares so I'm dissapointed to have missed out, especially with so many left available.
Was a deadline mentioned at any stage of the process?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024