Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets on Sunday 19:31 - Feb 24 with 262237 viewsEllDale

They’re tweeting that their “matchday operations” are being restricted for the home game against Barrow on Sunday for reasons that they don’t want to divulge at the moment.
The bottom line is that the crowd capacity is limited to 920 and there will be no cash admissions on the day.
Wonder what that’s all about?
Hornets on Sunday on 06:20 - Apr 15 with 2152 viewspioneer

Hornets on Sunday on 04:09 - Apr 15 by hammerdale

I think he is in it to establish Hornets as a competitive Championship side, nothing wrong with that...he certainly isn't in it for the money..and I would agree that it was a mistake on his part to try and change Swintons history, still doesn't justify criminal acts against his property, as Rochdale have proved with Bottomley you can use legitimate ways to remove someone you feel is detrimental to your club.

He is in it for one thing only…himself. How would we like it if a bloke who had previously been chairman of a local rival and had left them under a cloud suddenly turned up and wanted to buy the chair of the board at Dale.

Opportunist …always has been, always will be.
Hornets on Sunday on 06:26 - Apr 15 with 2128 viewspioneer

“fans without tickets are asked not to attend”

What a sad day this is for Hornets, Their chairman telling fans who want to watch the game, suport their club, spend their money to find something else to do while the team play in front of around 9000 empty spots.

He told swinton fans where they could go, now he is telling hornets fans where they cannot go.
Hornets on Sunday on 08:31 - Apr 15 with 2057 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 06:20 - Apr 15 by pioneer

He is in it for one thing only…himself. How would we like it if a bloke who had previously been chairman of a local rival and had left them under a cloud suddenly turned up and wanted to buy the chair of the board at Dale.

Opportunist …always has been, always will be.

I know you watch both codes pioneer and I fear that your view on Mazey will be bound out in the fullness of time. I just hope Rochdale Hornets fans have a plan, as we all had to find, when the club is separated from the fans.

The vision of Rochdale Hornets in the Championship is a noble one but one that they will struggle to compete with financially and that, like ourselves, means an inevitable ultimate relegation back to our level.

History says that Rochdale Hornets doing just rugby league isn't financially viable:

* Original Hornets Rochdale Hornets Football Club Company Limited - dissolved in April 2010 showing a deficiency of £628,041 in the view of the then administrator.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00089733/fili

* 2nd Rochdale Hornets Rochdale Hornets Rugby Football League Club Society Limited - converted/closed in June 2020

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/IP030618

* Current Rochdale Hornets / Mazey's new company - incorporated 15 June 2020

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12673168/fili

Arranges a write off of £143,692 of a former director in the accounts to 30 November 2021. The balance sheet has £177,280 of net assets but £81,249 of that is goodwill meaning only £96,031 (the balance) of tradable assets.

Adding that to the £628,041, I make that a deficiency of £771,733 in 11 years since 2010 - so approximately £65k per season.

I'm always sceptical when out of towners come into sports town played out from watching actions of the 1980's to 2020's where the club (football or rugby league) is always left worse off.

The current iteration of Rochdale Hornets has no long term assets - their last accounts showed just £12k of plant and machinery and £81k of "Goodwill" - an intangible asset the opinion on value of which could be heavily debated.

We are fortunate that the ground is safe and legally owned and controlled by the football club since 2016 when the RFL sold out to Chris Dunphy. The ground is also an Asset of Community Value.

Benefactors owners come and go. The fans are the only ones who are left at the end and they are always the ones who have to pick up the pieces.

Ask Swinton Lions.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Hornets on Sunday on 08:37 - Apr 15 with 2039 viewsRochdaleGlory

Hornets on Sunday on 06:26 - Apr 15 by pioneer

“fans without tickets are asked not to attend”

What a sad day this is for Hornets, Their chairman telling fans who want to watch the game, suport their club, spend their money to find something else to do while the team play in front of around 9000 empty spots.

He told swinton fans where they could go, now he is telling hornets fans where they cannot go.

It’s common place with Internet forums for people to hide behind aliases and their keyboards while pushing agendas for club officials. RAFC Blue and a few others do this well for our current regime. Its obvious on all threads not just this one.

Cutting through the BS however and let’s be honest we can shake buckets and put as many smoke screens up as we like, anyone with half a brain can see we are up the creek without a paddle. It would appear a no win situation with Morton House as they will likely either spank us in court and then god knows what happens, or we will have to settle out of court for significant sums we haven’t got meaning even if we do survive it could set us back further than we already are, and we already going backwards at a rate of knots.

Now with the above in mind the current deflection strategy seems to be diverting away from what we are doing to Hornets and their supporters. I and many others who are close to both clubs feel Hornets are being seen as an easy target and the usual suspects here are now shamefully using their Chairman to try to deflect away from the disgraceful way Gauge & Co are going about trying to shaft a community club and tenant with over 150 years of history and sporting heritage in our own town, a town and community we claim to be a focal point of…..

For the avoidance of any doubt Rochdale Hornets aren’t enforcing these restrictions, on the contrary the entire situation has been and continues to be created and driven by Rochdale AFC. Deflect all you like this is fact and I suggest you ask Gauge and Co why?

In the process of doing what we are I fear we are in danger of alienating sponsors of both clubs not too mention politicians and councillors who we will most likely need the support of in the next stages of our ongoing troubles.

As they say the truth will out and I cant see it being long before it does and don’t see it ending well. I just hope we aren’t opening ourselves up to more legal action.

I’m afraid I won’t be giving this current regime another penny of my hard earned till they do the right thing and leave Hornets alone.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 8:50]
Hornets on Sunday on 08:43 - Apr 15 with 2031 views442Dale

What are the current “restrictions” and please can you provide information that details these?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 8:44]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hornets on Sunday on 08:47 - Apr 15 with 2018 viewskel

Well look who’s turned up as the thread has turned towards Andy Mazey.

What a massive coincidence.
Hornets on Sunday on 08:54 - Apr 15 with 2010 viewsR17ALE

Hornets on Sunday on 08:37 - Apr 15 by RochdaleGlory

It’s common place with Internet forums for people to hide behind aliases and their keyboards while pushing agendas for club officials. RAFC Blue and a few others do this well for our current regime. Its obvious on all threads not just this one.

Cutting through the BS however and let’s be honest we can shake buckets and put as many smoke screens up as we like, anyone with half a brain can see we are up the creek without a paddle. It would appear a no win situation with Morton House as they will likely either spank us in court and then god knows what happens, or we will have to settle out of court for significant sums we haven’t got meaning even if we do survive it could set us back further than we already are, and we already going backwards at a rate of knots.

Now with the above in mind the current deflection strategy seems to be diverting away from what we are doing to Hornets and their supporters. I and many others who are close to both clubs feel Hornets are being seen as an easy target and the usual suspects here are now shamefully using their Chairman to try to deflect away from the disgraceful way Gauge & Co are going about trying to shaft a community club and tenant with over 150 years of history and sporting heritage in our own town, a town and community we claim to be a focal point of…..

For the avoidance of any doubt Rochdale Hornets aren’t enforcing these restrictions, on the contrary the entire situation has been and continues to be created and driven by Rochdale AFC. Deflect all you like this is fact and I suggest you ask Gauge and Co why?

In the process of doing what we are I fear we are in danger of alienating sponsors of both clubs not too mention politicians and councillors who we will most likely need the support of in the next stages of our ongoing troubles.

As they say the truth will out and I cant see it being long before it does and don’t see it ending well. I just hope we aren’t opening ourselves up to more legal action.

I’m afraid I won’t be giving this current regime another penny of my hard earned till they do the right thing and leave Hornets alone.

Something you won't be aware of is that Dale fans now possess very active bull shit radars. Mine was pinging away whilst reading your drivel. It hasn't pinged as much since I last heard Roger speak.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hornets on Sunday on 08:55 - Apr 15 with 2008 viewskel

“Hi Kev, you know how transparent myself and this board are however in this case we wont air the dirty linen in public. We are working to resolve issues not of our making professionally & privately and will update when able. We apologise for any inconvenience. Cheers Andy”

Login to get fewer ads

Hornets on Sunday on 08:59 - Apr 15 with 1971 viewsRochdaleGlory

Hornets on Sunday on 08:47 - Apr 15 by kel

Well look who’s turned up as the thread has turned towards Andy Mazey.

What a massive coincidence.

Some of you lot are a very paranoid and deluded breed. You really do think everyone who has an opinion which doesn't fit the agenda being driven by the current regime is either Bottomley, someone connected to Morton House and now Hornets Chairman

Anyway i'm off out with my good lady and the family to Blackpool so bye for now.

Have a great bank holiday guys
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 9:02]
Hornets on Sunday on 09:04 - Apr 15 with 1963 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 08:59 - Apr 15 by RochdaleGlory

Some of you lot are a very paranoid and deluded breed. You really do think everyone who has an opinion which doesn't fit the agenda being driven by the current regime is either Bottomley, someone connected to Morton House and now Hornets Chairman

Anyway i'm off out with my good lady and the family to Blackpool so bye for now.

Have a great bank holiday guys
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 9:02]

Was merely quoting something Andy Mazey said which is very similar in both stance and style to a lot of your posts on here. I’m afraid it’s you making the assumptions.

Now what I don’t get is why Andy Mazey liked a tweet of mine to him which only a reader or contributor to this board (well, this thread actually) would understand.

I’m fairly certain “we” will survive without your apparent support of Dale. Not that you’ve ever attended anyway.
Hornets on Sunday on 09:07 - Apr 15 with 1954 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 09:04 - Apr 15 by kel

Was merely quoting something Andy Mazey said which is very similar in both stance and style to a lot of your posts on here. I’m afraid it’s you making the assumptions.

Now what I don’t get is why Andy Mazey liked a tweet of mine to him which only a reader or contributor to this board (well, this thread actually) would understand.

I’m fairly certain “we” will survive without your apparent support of Dale. Not that you’ve ever attended anyway.

It appears kel that our big Hornets fan here is going for a day trip to Blackpool on the day they play their biggest game of the season at home vs Oldham Roughyeds.

Perhaps he didn't get a ticket. Or perhaps he just still full of b*llshit. Perhaps he isn't really a Hornets fan.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Hornets on Sunday on 09:07 - Apr 15 with 1953 viewsDaleiLama

"It would appear a no win situation with Morton House as they will likely either spank us in court and then god knows what happens, or we will have to settle out of court for significant sums we haven’t got"

Firstly, on what basis do you think MH will actually turn up to court? Secondly, they don't legally or officially hold shares in RAFC so why were they entitled to buy more? Thirdly, on what legal basis do you claim they will win? Finally, which of the revolving door of board members would pass the OADT test. I hope Faisal has a lot of Argos leave days accrued to pull off this court spanking.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hornets on Sunday on 09:10 - Apr 15 with 1931 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 09:07 - Apr 15 by RAFCBLUE

It appears kel that our big Hornets fan here is going for a day trip to Blackpool on the day they play their biggest game of the season at home vs Oldham Roughyeds.

Perhaps he didn't get a ticket. Or perhaps he just still full of b*llshit. Perhaps he isn't really a Hornets fan.

Oh, he’s definitely full of shit. He’ll disappear for a few weeks now so he doesn’t have to answer questions. Anybody who has to announce they are logging off means they can’t really answer things put to them. Classic bottle job.
Hornets on Sunday on 09:11 - Apr 15 with 1923 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 09:10 - Apr 15 by kel

Oh, he’s definitely full of shit. He’ll disappear for a few weeks now so he doesn’t have to answer questions. Anybody who has to announce they are logging off means they can’t really answer things put to them. Classic bottle job.

Swinton fans said the same about Mazey.

Hornets on Sunday on 09:19 - Apr 15 with 1894 viewspioneer

Hornets on Sunday on 09:11 - Apr 15 by RAFCBLUE

Swinton fans said the same about Mazey.

…and were right!
Hornets on Sunday on 09:29 - Apr 15 with 1868 viewsDaleiLama

Hornets on Sunday on 09:10 - Apr 15 by kel

Didn't even squirt the air freshener

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hornets on Sunday on 09:30 - Apr 15 with 1867 viewsdawlishdale

I think this merely reinforces what a lot of us thought. You don't have to be very bright to be Chairman of Hornets.

What a load of shyte Andy. Less believable than Roger and co.
Hornets on Sunday on 09:33 - Apr 15 with 1858 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 09:19 - Apr 15 by pioneer

…and were right!

He's under a bit of pressure is Mazey, all of his own making of course.

Hornets signed a few very expensive but very experienced players on one last payday - 36 year old Rangi Chase and 40 year old Fuifui Moi Moi sprinkled with local kids. The scrum half Sheridan comes out of Mayfield and is decent prospect.

Then Mazey's out giving it the big 'un in the press about Hornets doing "the biggest commercial deal outside of Super League", with Premier Kia.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/rochdale-hornets-make-waves-with-the-biggest-comm

That article is dated 1st December and heavily contradicted by a set of accounts where a director had to write of £143k.

There as a lot riding on today for Mazey vs the Roughyeds - a win is expected if the aspirations he is portraying of Championship rugby next season are to be realised but lose - and Hornets have already lots to North Wales Crusaders, then questions are going to start to be asked about this very old and costly squad.

There's quite a few of us that carefully watch the fortunes of both teams in the town. Rochdale Glory might do well whilst he's climbing Blackpool Tower to remember that.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 9:35]

Hornets on Sunday on 09:46 - Apr 15 with 1803 viewsDalenet

Hornets on Sunday on 09:33 - Apr 15 by RAFCBLUE

He's under a bit of pressure is Mazey, all of his own making of course.

Hornets signed a few very expensive but very experienced players on one last payday - 36 year old Rangi Chase and 40 year old Fuifui Moi Moi sprinkled with local kids. The scrum half Sheridan comes out of Mayfield and is decent prospect.

Then Mazey's out giving it the big 'un in the press about Hornets doing "the biggest commercial deal outside of Super League", with Premier Kia.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/rochdale-hornets-make-waves-with-the-biggest-comm

That article is dated 1st December and heavily contradicted by a set of accounts where a director had to write of £143k.

There as a lot riding on today for Mazey vs the Roughyeds - a win is expected if the aspirations he is portraying of Championship rugby next season are to be realised but lose - and Hornets have already lots to North Wales Crusaders, then questions are going to start to be asked about this very old and costly squad.

There's quite a few of us that carefully watch the fortunes of both teams in the town. Rochdale Glory might do well whilst he's climbing Blackpool Tower to remember that.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 9:35]

The financial predicament is worse than that. Ormerod wrote off another debt before he wrote off the £143k. Hornets currently play so few games in the league nowadays that their gate receipts (incl season tockets) ex VAT will be no more than £80k a year. How do you run a club, pay your staff and pay your rent with income so low. RFL and sponsorship money isn't like it is with football. And they can't maximise revenue from the ground because they don't control that either.

The capacity constraint is driven by the unwillingness of Hornets to pay for the extra H&S and stewarding of the fuller stand. They are restricted to 900 tickets, and that includes the media, visiting club staff and hospitality. So less than 800 spectators in the stands. Today they could have taken another couple of grand if they were more open to paying the costs. But it would seem that they are squeezing the life out of their own club. I have an aunt who has been a hornets die hard for almost 70 years. She has stopped going this year. She doesn't want to be crammed into blocks of seats when half the stand is empty.
Hornets on Sunday on 10:02 - Apr 15 with 1776 viewsMass_Debater

You're still a bit dim, aren't you?
Hornets on Sunday on 10:04 - Apr 15 with 1774 viewskel

Going back to Glory’s constant digs about shaking buckets, why have Hornets got a “squad builder” scheme going to “aid Matt Calland in strengthing his squad”?

Virtual bucket anyone?

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/366285-all-hornets-supporters-as
Hornets on Sunday on 10:17 - Apr 15 with 1746 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 09:46 - Apr 15 by Dalenet

The financial predicament is worse than that. Ormerod wrote off another debt before he wrote off the £143k. Hornets currently play so few games in the league nowadays that their gate receipts (incl season tockets) ex VAT will be no more than £80k a year. How do you run a club, pay your staff and pay your rent with income so low. RFL and sponsorship money isn't like it is with football. And they can't maximise revenue from the ground because they don't control that either.

The capacity constraint is driven by the unwillingness of Hornets to pay for the extra H&S and stewarding of the fuller stand. They are restricted to 900 tickets, and that includes the media, visiting club staff and hospitality. So less than 800 spectators in the stands. Today they could have taken another couple of grand if they were more open to paying the costs. But it would seem that they are squeezing the life out of their own club. I have an aunt who has been a hornets die hard for almost 70 years. She has stopped going this year. She doesn't want to be crammed into blocks of seats when half the stand is empty.

Good points there and I agree on the finances. As the historical figures show, on average, Rochdale Hornets has lost £65k more than it brings in every year at the level it currently operates which has been funded by a combination of corporate liquidations and benefactors. This is the third iteration of "Rochdale Hornets" in 12 years and this version is less than two years old.

How much a year is Rangi Chase on and who is paying for that? Same for FoiFoi? It's as plain as the nose on your face that small crowds and minimal fixtures mean they are not financially viable.

Today is a good example where they say the won't serve the normal fan until 2.30, presumably in favour of keeping it more corporate.

It's got the same hallmarks as our "controlled relegation" in 2020/21, except Hornets can't be relegated and the RFL will keep teams like Hornets in the third tier as it's unfortunately a dying sport.

I don't think that's fooling anyone and nor is out of towner Mazey. People like your aunt were watching Hornets before he was born and will continue watching long after he has gone.

Hornets on Sunday on 10:19 - Apr 15 with 1743 viewsmingthemerciless

Look on the bright side lads if it weren’t for Hornets you’d have nothing to talk about on here apparently. Makes a change from talking about Bury I suppose.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 10:21]
Hornets on Sunday on 10:22 - Apr 15 with 1732 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 10:19 - Apr 15 by mingthemerciless

Look on the bright side lads if it weren’t for Hornets you’d have nothing to talk about on here apparently. Makes a change from talking about Bury I suppose.

There’s been three other threads commented on this morning.

This one is dominated by a Hornets Ch, er, fan masquerading as a Dale one.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 10:23]
Hornets on Sunday on 10:38 - Apr 15 with 1695 viewsMass_Debater

Hornets on Sunday on 10:19 - Apr 15 by mingthemerciless

Nonsense, as usual.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024