Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets on Sunday 19:31 - Feb 24 with 256114 viewsEllDale

They’re tweeting that their “matchday operations” are being restricted for the home game against Barrow on Sunday for reasons that they don’t want to divulge at the moment.
The bottom line is that the crowd capacity is limited to 920 and there will be no cash admissions on the day.
Wonder what that’s all about?
Hornets on Sunday on 12:09 - Apr 16 with 3439 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Hornets on Sunday on 21:58 - Apr 15 by hammerdale

It would have been great to get a pint but sadly the queues were that big I couldn't get one.never happened when the football club were playing.😊😊😊

People preferred to watch the game, maybe?
Hornets on Sunday on 12:38 - Apr 16 with 3378 viewshammerdale

Hornets on Sunday on 12:09 - Apr 16 by RooleyMoorBlue

People preferred to watch the game, maybe?

Correct and what a good game it was
Hornets on Sunday on 12:41 - Apr 16 with 3368 viewsdawlishdale

Hornets on Sunday on 12:38 - Apr 16 by hammerdale

Correct and what a good game it was

Whoosh
Hornets on Sunday on 21:03 - Apr 17 with 3070 viewsAtThePeake

Hornets on Sunday on 10:19 - Apr 15 by mingthemerciless

Look on the bright side lads if it weren’t for Hornets you’d have nothing to talk about on here apparently. Makes a change from talking about Bury I suppose.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 10:21]

Look on the bright side ming, if it weren't for us talking about Hornets on here, would anyone be?

Tangled up in blue.

Hornets on Sunday on 16:03 - Apr 20 with 2706 viewsjudd

Rochdale Hornets recently posted its latest financial results which cover an extended period between the 15th of June 2020 and the 30th of November 2021 — the date of conversion on Companies House — to the accounting period at the end of the 2021 season.
Rochdale Hornets Rugby League Football Club Limited (PLC) is owned by shareholders Andy Mazey, Anthony Sheridan, Pete Smith, Paul Ormerod, and Richard Heyes. Members agreed to convert the Rochdale Hornets Rugby League Football Club Society Limited (IPS) to the new entity in December 2019 with Incorporation taking place on the 15th June 2020.

The accounts largely cover the period of trading through the pandemic, which had an adverse effect on turnover for the 18-month period. However, through prudent financial planning we are pleased to report a pre-tax operational profit of £33,488 and a pre-tax profit of £177,180, the difference derived from a director loan of £143,692 which is now fully written off. Whilst this is positive news, we are cautious that it does not represent a normal season of trading and given the changing landscape of rugby league we must continue to be prudent in our planning. The board would like to take this opportunity to thank all fans, sponsors, and partners for their generosity and support whilst navigating the 2020-21 season.

As many may know, life-long Hornets fan Paul Ormerod is Chairman of the Rochdale Development Agency. Given the pressures on time from being Chairman of RDA, he feels the need to reduce his day-to-day responsibilities to Hornets and has stepped down from the board. Paul said: “Over the past year or so the RDA has obtained considerably more government grants than both Oldham and Bury combined, nearly £200 million, and there are further major developments in the pipeline. The club is in safe, well-managed, hands and regrettably I just don’t have the time to give Hornets my proper attention”

Paul remains club President and is honoured to support Hornets in this role. The club’s accounts, made available online by Companies House, confirm that Paul has now written off his outstanding loan to the club. He announced this intention a couple of years ago, having already written off a sizable loan in 2019. Following financial advice received by the club, the opportunity arose for Paul to write off the outstanding amount. Paul himself said: “No significance should be attached to this. It is purely and simply a tidying-up exercise to fulfil the promise I made”.

Andy Mazey, Chairman of Rochdale Hornets, commented: "We opted to extend our accounting year to coincide with the playing season, making it easier to report our financial position to the RFL as part of the Return on Investment regulations. The accounts show a pre-tax profit which is a continuation of prudent financial planning. We are ready for the opportunities and challenges that we will face in the coming years, due to changes in the way the sport is funded. It is therefore vital we continue to grow our crowds, commercial revenue’s and our community engagement as we continue to build for the future.

“On behalf of the board I would like to extend my gratitude and thanks to Paul for all his hard work and I look forward to continuing to work with Paul as Hornets President. Fans should join me in thanking Paul for the financial support and security he has provided the club over many years.”

“From a football perspective, Matt and our backroom staff and players have had a very good pre-season and we are confident that a successful season is upon us. Our ambition is to return to the Championship and as a board we will continue to support all areas of the business and on-field preparations, without compromising our strong financial position. The changes in rugby league are well documented and now is the time for fans to really get behind the club and help increase crowds. TOGETHER we will succeed.”

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hornets on Sunday on 17:11 - Apr 20 with 2620 viewsEllDale

It would be interesting to know how many shares were issued in the new club and who on the board is the major shareholder.
We've learnt a lot about such matters over the last two or three years.
Hornets on Sunday on 17:16 - Apr 20 with 2612 viewskel

Interesting thread on their forum below. Fairly sure that “The Hornet” on there was the same one who said “enjoy the ride” in another thread.

I’m struggling to remember where I’ve heard that phrase before though.

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/368813-good-friday/

Edit - looks like Anita Bath has him sussed though. Wonder who it could possibly be…
[Post edited 20 Apr 2022 17:17]
Hornets on Sunday on 17:32 - Apr 20 with 2578 viewsEllDale

Looking at that forum it would be easy to presume that "The Hornet" is a club mouthpiece.
Or someone who merely enjoys passing on official messages.
Login to get fewer ads

Hornets on Sunday on 17:38 - Apr 20 with 2561 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 17:32 - Apr 20 by EllDale

Looking at that forum it would be easy to presume that "The Hornet" is a club mouthpiece.
Or someone who merely enjoys passing on official messages.

Sounds very much like our very own RochdaleGlory if you ask me, and we all know who that is. His meltdown against anyone who questions his leadership is most amusing to watch.
Hornets on Sunday on 19:33 - Apr 20 with 2438 viewshammerdale

Hornets on Sunday on 16:03 - Apr 20 by judd

Rochdale Hornets recently posted its latest financial results which cover an extended period between the 15th of June 2020 and the 30th of November 2021 — the date of conversion on Companies House — to the accounting period at the end of the 2021 season.
Rochdale Hornets Rugby League Football Club Limited (PLC) is owned by shareholders Andy Mazey, Anthony Sheridan, Pete Smith, Paul Ormerod, and Richard Heyes. Members agreed to convert the Rochdale Hornets Rugby League Football Club Society Limited (IPS) to the new entity in December 2019 with Incorporation taking place on the 15th June 2020.

The accounts largely cover the period of trading through the pandemic, which had an adverse effect on turnover for the 18-month period. However, through prudent financial planning we are pleased to report a pre-tax operational profit of £33,488 and a pre-tax profit of £177,180, the difference derived from a director loan of £143,692 which is now fully written off. Whilst this is positive news, we are cautious that it does not represent a normal season of trading and given the changing landscape of rugby league we must continue to be prudent in our planning. The board would like to take this opportunity to thank all fans, sponsors, and partners for their generosity and support whilst navigating the 2020-21 season.

As many may know, life-long Hornets fan Paul Ormerod is Chairman of the Rochdale Development Agency. Given the pressures on time from being Chairman of RDA, he feels the need to reduce his day-to-day responsibilities to Hornets and has stepped down from the board. Paul said: “Over the past year or so the RDA has obtained considerably more government grants than both Oldham and Bury combined, nearly £200 million, and there are further major developments in the pipeline. The club is in safe, well-managed, hands and regrettably I just don’t have the time to give Hornets my proper attention”

Paul remains club President and is honoured to support Hornets in this role. The club’s accounts, made available online by Companies House, confirm that Paul has now written off his outstanding loan to the club. He announced this intention a couple of years ago, having already written off a sizable loan in 2019. Following financial advice received by the club, the opportunity arose for Paul to write off the outstanding amount. Paul himself said: “No significance should be attached to this. It is purely and simply a tidying-up exercise to fulfil the promise I made”.

Andy Mazey, Chairman of Rochdale Hornets, commented: "We opted to extend our accounting year to coincide with the playing season, making it easier to report our financial position to the RFL as part of the Return on Investment regulations. The accounts show a pre-tax profit which is a continuation of prudent financial planning. We are ready for the opportunities and challenges that we will face in the coming years, due to changes in the way the sport is funded. It is therefore vital we continue to grow our crowds, commercial revenue’s and our community engagement as we continue to build for the future.

“On behalf of the board I would like to extend my gratitude and thanks to Paul for all his hard work and I look forward to continuing to work with Paul as Hornets President. Fans should join me in thanking Paul for the financial support and security he has provided the club over many years.”

“From a football perspective, Matt and our backroom staff and players have had a very good pre-season and we are confident that a successful season is upon us. Our ambition is to return to the Championship and as a board we will continue to support all areas of the business and on-field preparations, without compromising our strong financial position. The changes in rugby league are well documented and now is the time for fans to really get behind the club and help increase crowds. TOGETHER we will succeed.”

The problem is Rugby League is dying full stop, when you get the likes of Warrington getting under 3000 and Leed next to bottom of Super League, the sport is in a bad way. Ironically I think mid table in the Championship is probably the place to be, a reasonable amount of visiting fans to keep a club going without the probable demise of promotion to Super league. So the ambitions of the Hornets Chairman is spot on.
Hornets on Sunday on 20:43 - Apr 20 with 2341 viewsEllDale

I agree entirely that Hornets need to be in the Championship and their board obviously see it that way as well.
And I wish them all the best in achieving that aim.
I just hope it’s not sh1t or bust with some of the wages they must be paying.
Promotion would have to see an easing of the current conditions though.
The big five in terms of support (Featherstone, Leigh, Halifax, Bradford and Widnes) would in normal circumstances bring over 1000 fans and some form of segregation is usually deemed to be sensible with the attendant extra costs. Perhaps Hornets might get away with sticking away fans in the Sandy.
Hornets on Sunday on 20:45 - Apr 20 with 2338 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 19:33 - Apr 20 by hammerdale

The problem is Rugby League is dying full stop, when you get the likes of Warrington getting under 3000 and Leed next to bottom of Super League, the sport is in a bad way. Ironically I think mid table in the Championship is probably the place to be, a reasonable amount of visiting fans to keep a club going without the probable demise of promotion to Super league. So the ambitions of the Hornets Chairman is spot on.

“The problem is Rugby League is dying full stop”

That’s a shame.
Hornets on Sunday on 22:20 - Apr 20 with 2251 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 19:33 - Apr 20 by hammerdale

Looks like Anita Bath has called out "The Hornet"

A verbatim post:
If you dont think the recent goings on have not been odd then I dont think its worth trying to explain them to you. But go on Ill waste a bit more time.

The first time in 151 years the club told fans to stay away. No explanation, just please dont show up. You dont find that odd?

I expect as soon as the current ownership move on, as they have before, you will move on with them.

Looking at the history of "The Hornet" it appears they turned up on 1 January 2022 and weren't a vocal fan prior to the 1st January 2022.

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/profile/49609-the-hornet/

It's well known in Rugby League circles that Mazey doesn't stick around lower division Rugby League when the going gets tough and Anita Bath is surmising that Rochdale Hornets 2020 is the latest in a long line of vanity projects for the electrician after Leigh Centurions, Leigh East and Swinton.

The length and complexity of the playoff system in Rugby League will mean that Hornets will need to win the division to guarantee promotion.

After that the teams finishing 2nd to 6th play in the longest convoluted set of playoffs ever imagined; all designed to ensure that the team finishing 2nd goes up.

As you say if the Leeds Rhinos and Warrington Wolves can't make it work then what chance have Rochdale Hornets got under Mazey?

At least Hornets don't have a game until 7th May so we won't have to endure RochdaleGlory telling us the answer before then!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Hornets on Sunday on 22:29 - Apr 20 with 2235 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hornets on Sunday on 20:45 - Apr 20 by kel

“The problem is Rugby League is dying full stop”

That’s a shame.

Makes you question doesn't it, what is in it for an out of towner with no links to the town or its people to get involved with a struggling Betfred League 1 club that has no assets?

If Rugby League is dying, then the RFL are going to save Leeds, Warrington etc much before Rochdale Hornets.

The RFL are allowing teams like West Wales, Cornwall and London Skolars "compete" in this league.

Mayfield would beat all three of those sides IMO.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Hornets on Sunday on 22:40 - Apr 20 with 2220 viewsR17ALE

Rugby League is like the Yellow Pages. Used to be popular and now nobody can remember when they last looked at one/it.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hornets on Sunday on 10:05 - Apr 21 with 2055 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets on Sunday on 22:20 - Apr 20 by RAFCBLUE

Looks like Anita Bath has called out "The Hornet"

A verbatim post:
If you dont think the recent goings on have not been odd then I dont think its worth trying to explain them to you. But go on Ill waste a bit more time.

The first time in 151 years the club told fans to stay away. No explanation, just please dont show up. You dont find that odd?

I expect as soon as the current ownership move on, as they have before, you will move on with them.

Looking at the history of "The Hornet" it appears they turned up on 1 January 2022 and weren't a vocal fan prior to the 1st January 2022.

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/profile/49609-the-hornet/

It's well known in Rugby League circles that Mazey doesn't stick around lower division Rugby League when the going gets tough and Anita Bath is surmising that Rochdale Hornets 2020 is the latest in a long line of vanity projects for the electrician after Leigh Centurions, Leigh East and Swinton.

The length and complexity of the playoff system in Rugby League will mean that Hornets will need to win the division to guarantee promotion.

After that the teams finishing 2nd to 6th play in the longest convoluted set of playoffs ever imagined; all designed to ensure that the team finishing 2nd goes up.

As you say if the Leeds Rhinos and Warrington Wolves can't make it work then what chance have Rochdale Hornets got under Mazey?

At least Hornets don't have a game until 7th May so we won't have to endure RochdaleGlory telling us the answer before then!

That’s news to me, according to” League Express “ Hornets play London Scholars at 3-00 pm on this coming Saturday.
Hornets on Sunday on 10:13 - Apr 21 with 2038 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 10:05 - Apr 21 by mingthemerciless

That’s news to me, according to” League Express “ Hornets play London Scholars at 3-00 pm on this coming Saturday.

Excellent. Let’s get charging the southerners 7 quid a pint then. It will give you rugger lot summat to cry about on here too.

Win win.
Hornets on Sunday on 10:32 - Apr 21 with 2008 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets on Sunday on 10:13 - Apr 21 by kel

Excellent. Let’s get charging the southerners 7 quid a pint then. It will give you rugger lot summat to cry about on here too.

Win win.

£7 a pint will be cheap for them, however the game is away in London.
Hornets on Sunday on 10:51 - Apr 21 with 1985 viewspioneer

Its Skolars not scholars.

Related to a former sponser I think.
Hornets on Sunday on 11:04 - Apr 21 with 1975 viewskel

Hornets on Sunday on 10:32 - Apr 21 by mingthemerciless

£7 a pint will be cheap for them, however the game is away in London.

Ah right. Do you think RAFCBLUE may have next meant home game then?
Hornets on Sunday on 11:12 - Apr 21 with 1968 viewsEllDale

Hornets on Sunday on 10:51 - Apr 21 by pioneer

I think they took their nickname from the fact that they were originally formed by former students who had all moved to London.
Hornets on Sunday on 11:20 - Apr 21 with 1951 viewsRAFCBLUE

Not sure the old romantic RochdaleGlory will be going to that one Ming.

By his own account he didn’t attend the Roughyeds game as he was taking his “good lady” to Blackpool for the Bank Holiday.

Hornets should win that one convincingly against what is in effect an exiled team of Northern students.

Hornets on Sunday on 11:26 - Apr 21 with 1934 viewsTVOS1907

Hornets on Sunday on 10:51 - Apr 21 by pioneer

* sponsor

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Hornets on Sunday on 12:12 - Apr 21 with 1877 viewspioneer

Hornets on Sunday on 11:12 - Apr 21 by EllDale

I think they took their nickname from the fact that they were originally formed by former students who had all moved to London.

Correct….and like me they couldnt spell😊
Hornets on Sunday on 14:00 - Apr 21 with 1764 viewshammerdale

Hornets on Sunday on 10:13 - Apr 21 by kel

Win win.

😊😊😊
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024