Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread 09:49 - Mar 22 with 16191 viewsHullDale

Anyone else expecting O'Keeffe to have an absolute worldy tonight?
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:16 - Mar 22 with 2938 viewsdingdangblue

Broadbent has to be one of the most 'basic' footballers I've ever seen play for Dale. And to think we had fans who used to slag Aaron Morley off.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:24 - Mar 22 with 2796 viewsIOMDale

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:16 - Mar 22 by dingdangblue

Broadbent has to be one of the most 'basic' footballers I've ever seen play for Dale. And to think we had fans who used to slag Aaron Morley off.

I really don’t like having a pop at individuals but his passing ability for a midfielder is embarrassingly sub-standard. Mind you, even when he was first brought to the club, it we his physical attributes that were trumpeted, not his vision or technical ability.

UTDNFS

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:25 - Mar 22 with 2771 viewsdawlishdale

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:16 - Mar 22 by Shun

I felt sorry for the players too. They played well and each put in a damn good shift. Dorsett and Downning in particular were outstanding. For them to play in a system with no striker for a period is an insult. Robbie’s to blame tonight, nobody else.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 22:30]

The 3 best Dale players were EOC, Dorsett and Downing.

That in itself speaks volumes about how powderpuff we are in midfield and attack.

Robbie has lost us about 1000 fans by playing this rubbish, and tonight he will have lost another hundred or two. There is no excuse for the awful use of substitutes tonight. we ended up with 4 or 5 players who simply can't run forward and have to turn back at all costs.

It's the exact opposite of No Fear football, and is possibly worse than BBM ball, which in itself was purgatory to endure.

What will our brave new Board do? I know what I would do now, as there seems to be no confidence in midfield or attack.
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:34 - Mar 22 with 2620 views1907

The tirade that Jimmy Shan launched into Charman with was actually quite disturbing.

I’m not sure who else saw this but I was absolutely disgusted.

These two men are not fit to lead this football team.
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:35 - Mar 22 with 2605 viewsHealeyDale

I’m seriously considering whether I will get a season ticket next season. I’ve got better things to do than watch this boring dross week in week out. The team, and the whole club, looks clueless. They didn’t even have ball boys or ball girls tonight!
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:37 - Mar 22 with 2541 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:34 - Mar 22 by 1907

The tirade that Jimmy Shan launched into Charman with was actually quite disturbing.

Go on 1907, please enlighten us.........not heard/seen anything.
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:41 - Mar 22 with 2491 viewsSteveMullan62

Robbie needs to change his formation and tactics sharpish, the Three at the back isn’t needed when the opposition only have one striker.

Also why does he persist with broadbent, grant and Newby when we have Kelly on the bench and Eoin could do a better job as a holding midfielder?!

Surely it’s time to give Odoh, Cashman and Charman a shot now too, they can’t be any worse in attack than what we currently have
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:41 - Mar 22 with 2487 viewsTVOS1907

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:09 - Mar 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

That's a sad reflection on so call "entertainment " at San Spotty, when it's more fun watching the opposing fans acting the goat.

They were probably hoping to find one over Rooley Moor!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:41 - Mar 22 with 2487 viewskel

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:09 - Mar 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

That's a sad reflection on so call "entertainment " at San Spotty, when it's more fun watching the opposing fans acting the goat.

I said it lifted my mood slightly,, I wouldn’t call it fun.
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:43 - Mar 22 with 2445 views1907

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:37 - Mar 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

Go on 1907, please enlighten us.........not heard/seen anything.

As Campbell was clearly coming off, Charman & Newby both came back to the bench. I think everyone, including Charman, expected him to be coming on but then it became clear it was Newby. Charman didn’t even react to be honest from what I saw but Shan just gave it him big time across the dugout. “Don’t effing start” etc. It was all a bit strange to be honest. I believe a fan has also posted this on Twitter about how uncomfortable it was.
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:56 - Mar 22 with 2273 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:41 - Mar 22 by TVOS1907

They were probably hoping to find one over Rooley Moor!

Good one Maestro.......in spite of all the depression on here,you're still on fire!

PS.....I won't have a bad word said about the environs of Rooley Moor, I bought my best sheep dog from Red Lumb.
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:57 - Mar 22 with 2280 viewsIOMDale

UTDNFS

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:58 - Mar 22 with 2273 viewsRafc3

At least we didn’t have to sit and watch last years shower of shit in the stands this so called attacking football wouldn’t look out of place on a Sunday morning more and more fans starting to realise how poor it actually is week in week out.

Poll: Stockdale: IN or OUT

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:03 - Mar 22 with 2189 viewsmikehunt

Feel really down after that tonight. Didn't deserve to lose after having played better than we had in a while. But we are clueless in attack. Nobody in the box to pass to. No movement off the ball to distract defenders and powder puff shots when we do try one.
How many penalties have we had this season? One in the league? Two maybe? This is an indication of how ineffectual we are in the box.
Couldn't decide whether we were inching our way to safety or relegation. This might have been a watershed moment. I'll let you decide which way I'm thinking....

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:08 - Mar 22 with 2133 viewsboromat

Performance was better today. We didn't have an isolated forward up top we really did play with 3 up top. But we didn't have a huge amount of creativity and the wing backs were quite deep and closer to full backs.

I don't think anyone was less than a 6/10 for probably one of the rare occasions this season.

Ball and Campbell coming off was a real blow. Grant came on though and played well got stuck in.

Matty Done was MOTM for me but won't disagree with Dorsett either. Great to see Downing back. I think if we stick with that team it's a matter of finding the quality and goals up top. Maybe Andrews can help when he's back.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:14 - Mar 22 with 2068 viewssince58

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:03 - Mar 22 by mikehunt

Feel really down after that tonight. Didn't deserve to lose after having played better than we had in a while. But we are clueless in attack. Nobody in the box to pass to. No movement off the ball to distract defenders and powder puff shots when we do try one.
How many penalties have we had this season? One in the league? Two maybe? This is an indication of how ineffectual we are in the box.
Couldn't decide whether we were inching our way to safety or relegation. This might have been a watershed moment. I'll let you decide which way I'm thinking....

with goal difference a point tonight would have been worth two.
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:14 - Mar 22 with 2062 viewsTVOS1907

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:56 - Mar 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

Good one Maestro.......in spite of all the depression on here,you're still on fire!

PS.....I won't have a bad word said about the environs of Rooley Moor, I bought my best sheep dog from Red Lumb.

Bet you did!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:16 - Mar 22 with 2032 viewsD_Alien

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:14 - Mar 22 by TVOS1907

Bet you did!

Owd bet you did?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:23 - Mar 22 with 1956 views_Windydale

Feel sorry for the defense who put in a good display. Downing although not totally fit is so assured in defense. I wish we could keep him. It's great to see him back although he didn't quite have the pace to stop their goal.

The attacking players and support don't seem to have much idea how to threaten and don't click as a team upfront. Done and Dooley average all-rounders but not going to get up there to chip in with a goal. Cambell is always surrounded by their players as he's up there on his own against tough div 2 defenders. The rest of the mid and attackers, their's little intuition or that telepathic connection.
Too many one-trick ponies. Clark is decent at crossing, but the rest of his game is average. Okeefe, has the stature and looks fit but offers little. Delicate Newby, is a good runner and great shot if it's on a plate, but average to poor at everything else. Broadbent average squad player but not much else to his game. Kelly great passer, a poor defender. Grant is a quiet player, I imagine is great playing at 5 aside game showboating intricate passing skills and back heels.

Clear out in the summer.
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:24 - Mar 22 with 1938 viewsShun

Strange to think, despite the depression hanging over the fanbase tonight, we’re actually closer to safety than we were before the game.
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:26 - Mar 22 with 1919 viewsrich_dale

Stockdale said in his interview that he's confident if we play like that we will get wins, but also said it looks like Campbell and Ball may be injured for a bit. All eyes on next week to see where the goals will come from. There was a lot of effort and decent play at times tonight but we were toothless in attack. Time to instill some confidence in Charnan and give him a go. Or maybe we just limp over the line with some more draws. His talk about counter attacks at home is a bit worrying, puts a lot of pressue on the defenders.
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:27 - Mar 22 with 1912 viewsD_Alien

Can't comment on tonight's performance, didn't see it, but once again there's a report of public displays of angst between players and management

If i were Charman, i'd be unhappy too, having uprooted from a steady job with the lure of one (perhaps) last chance of making it in professional football. It's a tough old game at times, and looks like he's getting short shrift after being scouted and a fee paid

Of course, that could all be a misinterpretation, but it shouldn't be open to that through being broadcast so publicly - if reports are correct

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:29 - Mar 22 with 1878 viewsnordenblue

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 22:34 - Mar 22 by 1907

Funny that little thing called pressure and what it can do to certain folk
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:30 - Mar 22 with 1873 viewsrich_dale

Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:27 - Mar 22 by D_Alien

Can't comment on tonight's performance, didn't see it, but once again there's a report of public displays of angst between players and management

If i were Charman, i'd be unhappy too, having uprooted from a steady job with the lure of one (perhaps) last chance of making it in professional football. It's a tough old game at times, and looks like he's getting short shrift after being scouted and a fee paid

Of course, that could all be a misinterpretation, but it shouldn't be open to that through being broadcast so publicly - if reports are correct

He looks nervous and unconfident when I've seen him, time for some positive man management.
Mansfield Town (H) Match Thread on 23:30 - Mar 22 with 1869 viewsNorthernDale

I have to agree, Newby has one good game six, and most of the time looks a mixture of not being interested and not being good enough. It is as been obvious all season, we needed a decent striker to get the goals, instead we play toothless attacking football.

The defence played well, with Dorsett being outstanding, I would also praise Done, who played well. I would question RS subs, Newby was a poor decision, I would have gone with Ckelly to give us more options up front, even taking Done off was questionable, I would have gone with Broadbent off with Charman on. Again Cashman was omitted from the squad, why? We played very well tonight, but again no points, despite dominating possession, but again the system he prefers is obviously not working, but he continues to give it one more go.

No doubt certain unwanted lowlifes, will point out the low gate and how they know someone who would transform the Dale from a financial stable club to one facing bankruptcy by milking us dry, the football and gates will still be poor mind you!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024