Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New 'keeper? 13:38 - May 17 with 15179 viewsIOMDale

UTDNFS

New 'keeper? on 19:37 - May 18 with 4138 viewscumbria_dale

New 'keeper? on 19:15 - May 18 by mikehunt

What do Bradford fans make of this? A reasonable pointer as to his perceived worth.

I've a good mate who's a bradford fan. He said when Hughes announced their released list, O'Donnell was the one most of the fans were surprised at - solid keeper who is more than adequate for this level.

Turns out Bradford have signed a 24 year old keeper from Southampton who Hughes said he knew and rated from his time back as Saints boss. So its not like Bradford didnt want to keep him, it just so happened Hughes has used his connections to get a keeper who's probably well above league 2 level.
New 'keeper? on 19:37 - May 18 with 4131 viewsShun

New 'keeper? on 19:15 - May 18 by mikehunt

What do Bradford fans make of this? A reasonable pointer as to his perceived worth.

Mostly positive. You can tell he had a good relationship with them as plenty are flocking to wish him well.

Out of interest, and admittedly I can’t remember what happened last week, I can’t remember a mid-May signing before. When was the last time we made a signing this early?
New 'keeper? (n/t) on 20:02 - May 18 with 4037 viewsspringfieldparka

New 'keeper? on 20:02 - May 18 with 4035 viewsspringfieldparka

Dooley ?
New 'keeper? on 20:06 - May 18 with 4004 viewsboromat

New 'keeper? on 19:37 - May 18 by Shun

Mostly positive. You can tell he had a good relationship with them as plenty are flocking to wish him well.

Out of interest, and admittedly I can’t remember what happened last week, I can’t remember a mid-May signing before. When was the last time we made a signing this early?

Didn't we sign Bunney at Easter once. Or maybe I'm making that up.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

New 'keeper? on 20:33 - May 18 with 3896 viewsTVOS1907

New 'keeper? on 17:34 - May 18 by kel

In stark contrast to the ‘appreciation’ page on Facebook that slated him before it was even confirmed. I swear that lot just hate life in general.

Yeah, but what's Gab Sutton said? Yesterday he was tweeting that "there were better options out there".

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New 'keeper? on 20:39 - May 18 with 3866 viewsTVOS1907

New 'keeper? on 20:06 - May 18 by boromat

Didn't we sign Bunney at Easter once. Or maybe I'm making that up.

I think Shun means us signing someone in the couple of weeks after the season has finished.

New 'keeper? on 20:46 - May 18 with 3845 viewsIOMDale

New 'keeper? on 19:37 - May 18 by Shun

I remember Jason Kennedy signing very early in his first spell. Well, it seemed so at the time.

UTDNFS

Login to get fewer ads

New 'keeper? on 20:48 - May 18 with 3817 viewsTVOS1907

New 'keeper? on 20:46 - May 18 by IOMDale

I remember Jason Kennedy signing very early in his first spell. Well, it seemed so at the time.

Great call - 20th May 2009

New 'keeper? on 20:54 - May 18 with 3798 viewsboromat

New 'keeper? on 20:33 - May 18 by TVOS1907

Yeah, but what's Gab Sutton said? Yesterday he was tweeting that "there were better options out there".

Too busy saying Salford should get BBM in.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

New 'keeper? on 20:55 - May 18 with 3792 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Did n't the Official Website collapse under the pressure?
New 'keeper? on 20:59 - May 18 with 3767 viewsTVOS1907

New 'keeper? on 20:54 - May 18 by boromat

And some people take him seriously.

New 'keeper? on 21:07 - May 18 with 3729 views442Dale

New 'keeper? on 20:54 - May 18 by boromat

What’s that all about?

And this:

If BBM had still been boss Morley wouldn’t even have been playing in the same role as he was under Stockdale. If Brierley had been in the team under BBM since January, which clubs would have been bidding £1m+ for a L2 midfielder with half a season under his belt?

I’m all for people having an opinion, especially when they take the time to garner information on a subject, but Ethan Brierley has featured in seven league games. Dale fans who have seen him play can see he has real potential, but who would be saying he’s worth that much now? Or is it to support an opinion on a manager who illustrated time and again he was tactically inept when utilising a squad good enough to stay in L1?
[Post edited 18 May 2022 21:08]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New 'keeper? on 21:20 - May 18 with 3672 viewsTVOS1907

New 'keeper? on 21:07 - May 18 by 442Dale

What’s that all about?

And this:

If BBM had still been boss Morley wouldn’t even have been playing in the same role as he was under Stockdale. If Brierley had been in the team under BBM since January, which clubs would have been bidding £1m+ for a L2 midfielder with half a season under his belt?

I’m all for people having an opinion, especially when they take the time to garner information on a subject, but Ethan Brierley has featured in seven league games. Dale fans who have seen him play can see he has real potential, but who would be saying he’s worth that much now? Or is it to support an opinion on a manager who illustrated time and again he was tactically inept when utilising a squad good enough to stay in L1?

Both those tweets are laughable.

New 'keeper? on 10:37 - May 19 with 3117 viewsAtThePeake

New 'keeper? on 21:07 - May 18 by 442Dale

What’s that all about?

And this:

The market has changed. Clubs can scout academy games just as well as first team games and if they see a potential talent, they'll pay big bucks to get them without waiting to see if they can compete consistently in L1/L2.

Ben Wilmot moved to Watford from Stevenage for £1m after 10 appearances. Jarrad Branthwaite went to Everton from Carlisle for £1m after 9 appearances. Exeter got £2.5m at a tribunal for Ethan Ampadu after 8 appearances.

You don't have to prove you can do it in League Two over a season or two anymore. In fact, I genuinely think it's better financially to sell these players as soon as possible now, as the longer they play in League One/Two the more their deficiencies show up and perhaps clubs start to wonder why no other PL/Champ team has taken a punt as yet.

Tangled up in blue.

New 'keeper? on 11:39 - May 19 with 3012 viewsjonahwhereru

Seem to remember Brierley spending some time training with City within the last two years. They obviously weren’t tempted then to follow up on that sighter.
Agree with APT that selling early often turns into the high watermark for some of these youngsters. Putting to one side the money side of the deal it is interesting that Dan Adshead as yet has not yet made a significant impact.
It is by no means a certainty that we will add on’s resulting from his sale.
Likewise the Luke Mathewson deal now looks decent business, despite some at the time saying it was robbery.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 11:44]
New 'keeper? on 20:01 - May 19 with 2663 views442Dale

New 'keeper? on 10:37 - May 19 by AtThePeake

The market has changed. Clubs can scout academy games just as well as first team games and if they see a potential talent, they'll pay big bucks to get them without waiting to see if they can compete consistently in L1/L2.

Ben Wilmot moved to Watford from Stevenage for £1m after 10 appearances. Jarrad Branthwaite went to Everton from Carlisle for £1m after 9 appearances. Exeter got £2.5m at a tribunal for Ethan Ampadu after 8 appearances.

You don't have to prove you can do it in League Two over a season or two anymore. In fact, I genuinely think it's better financially to sell these players as soon as possible now, as the longer they play in League One/Two the more their deficiencies show up and perhaps clubs start to wonder why no other PL/Champ team has taken a punt as yet.

Interesting points and all taken on board and will stick to the stance that we know our own players, thus it was a totally irrelevant point about whether BBM was here being the difference between us selling Brierley for a million or not in the summer. I could be wrong, but your post actually supports the reason why it doesn’t matter, because clubs could identify him as worth buying based on a small amount of appearances plus watching those academy games.

Therefore, he wouldn’t need that hypothetical situation which relied on all the planets aligning whilst Paul Daniels and Princess Diana conducted the FA Cup 1st round draw to get a move.

New 'keeper? on 21:11 - May 19 with 2529 viewsAtThePeake

New 'keeper? on 20:01 - May 19 by 442Dale

Interesting points and all taken on board and will stick to the stance that we know our own players, thus it was a totally irrelevant point about whether BBM was here being the difference between us selling Brierley for a million or not in the summer. I could be wrong, but your post actually supports the reason why it doesn’t matter, because clubs could identify him as worth buying based on a small amount of appearances plus watching those academy games.

Therefore, he wouldn’t need that hypothetical situation which relied on all the planets aligning whilst Paul Daniels and Princess Diana conducted the FA Cup 1st round draw to get a move.

Agree on all points there, and as I said on Twitter there's absolutely nothing to say that Brierley won't go for a seven-figure fee this next January or next summer. I'd be surprised if it happens this summer, but it could. Brierley's own talent will be the reason for that more than anything Stockdale does or BBM would've done.

Tangled up in blue.

New 'keeper? on 21:15 - May 19 with 2509 views442Dale

New 'keeper? on 21:11 - May 19 by AtThePeake

Agree on all points there, and as I said on Twitter there's absolutely nothing to say that Brierley won't go for a seven-figure fee this next January or next summer. I'd be surprised if it happens this summer, but it could. Brierley's own talent will be the reason for that more than anything Stockdale does or BBM would've done.

Aye, but what about if it was playing for the aforementioned Paul Daniels with his preference for the high press whilst moving the ball quickly utilising a midfield pivot born on February the 29th?

New 'keeper? on 21:19 - May 19 with 2489 viewsAtThePeake

New 'keeper? on 21:15 - May 19 by 442Dale

Aye, but what about if it was playing for the aforementioned Paul Daniels with his preference for the high press whilst moving the ball quickly utilising a midfield pivot born on February the 29th?

Then you can stick an extra zero on the price tag.

Tangled up in blue.

New 'keeper? on 22:32 - May 19 with 2351 viewsdingdangblue

New 'keeper? on 21:11 - May 19 by AtThePeake

We'll never get a 7 figure fee for any of our players - buying clubs know we are desperate for funds so there is no need to offer that much.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New 'keeper? on 23:59 - May 19 with 2272 viewsAtThePeake

New 'keeper? on 22:32 - May 19 by dingdangblue

We'll never get a 7 figure fee for any of our players - buying clubs know we are desperate for funds so there is no need to offer that much.

People would've said the same about the magic £300k figure a few years ago, but we weren't far from a 7 figure fee with Matheson were we?

Like I say, the market is changing. If we can continue to give young players a pathway to the Championship/Premier League, then that's all the better for us and the more those fees will rise.

Tangled up in blue.

New 'keeper? on 12:25 - May 20 with 1855 viewsSaxonDale

Scott Hogan too if memory serves correctly.
New 'keeper? on 12:42 - May 20 with 1792 viewsDaleiLama

New 'keeper? on 23:59 - May 19 by AtThePeake

People would've said the same about the magic £300k figure a few years ago, but we weren't far from a 7 figure fee with Matheson were we?

Like I say, the market is changing. If we can continue to give young players a pathway to the Championship/Premier League, then that's all the better for us and the more those fees will rise.

I don't remember a lot of competition for Luke either. One day, who knows, we may develop a player who is at the centre of a bidding war.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

New 'keeper? on 12:55 - May 20 with 1771 viewsAtThePeake

New 'keeper? on 12:42 - May 20 by DaleiLama

I don't remember a lot of competition for Luke either. One day, who knows, we may develop a player who is at the centre of a bidding war.

We accepted the first bid that came for Luke.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024