Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gillingham (H) Match Thread 12:16 - Feb 17 with 26394 viewsHullDale

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 16:50 - Feb 17 with 9572 viewsrkershaw

Interview with our silent 'captain' coming soon?? How the hell is he supposed to inspire his team mates being the footballing equivalent of Banksey??
[Post edited 17 Feb 2023 18:09]
Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 17:00 - Feb 17 with 9535 viewsIOMDale

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 16:50 - Feb 17 by rkershaw

Interview with our silent 'captain' coming soon?? How the hell is he supposed to inspire his team mates being the footballing equivalent of Banksey??
[Post edited 17 Feb 2023 18:09]

Has he done a single interview apart from the obligatory one upon signing? I genuinely can’t remember another instance.

UTDNFS

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 18:09 - Feb 17 with 9417 viewsD_Alien

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 17:00 - Feb 17 by IOMDale

Has he done a single interview apart from the obligatory one upon signing? I genuinely can’t remember another instance.

As elusive as an eel

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 21:12 - Feb 17 with 9144 viewsHullDale

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 07:14 - Feb 18 with 8727 viewsTrev

Nothing less than a win today boys, let's get some confidence going into Tuesday night. Two wins and everything starts to look a bit different.

A man can dream...
Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 07:58 - Feb 18 with 8681 viewsrkershaw

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 07:14 - Feb 18 by Trev

Nothing less than a win today boys, let's get some confidence going into Tuesday night. Two wins and everything starts to look a bit different.

A man can dream...

Quite simply one, if not THE, biggest games in our club's history. If the players can walk off that pitch at the end of this game then I will be disappointed. They ALL need to cover EVERY single blade of grass on that pitch. They need to COMMUNICATE with each other to the point where they lose their voices. They need to stop showing a tokenistic togetherness in that bloody team huddle and lay it down to each other. They need to win EVERY second ball. They need to sweat blood for 90+ mins. They need to repay the fans with a performance full of PASSION ENDEAVOUR and COMMITMENT. They need to play like their livihoods actually depend on it (which it obviously does). They need to be able to look fans in the eyes at the end of the battle (which it will be as Gillingham will view this game in exactly the same way). They need to think very clearly about the repercussions of their footballing actions; not only on the club but the town itself. Shout.....scream.....gesticulate.....lose it with each other .....I don't give a rats arse how we get the win.....3 points has NEVER been as important!!
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 8:25]
Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 08:15 - Feb 18 with 8633 viewselectricblue

The players need to get into the opposition from the ko and not let Gillingham settle and be dominating on the ball.

Dale need an attacking menality at home , do the basics, be quick onto the man and get that second ball......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 09:59 - Feb 18 with 8421 viewsmikehunt

The season starts here!!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Login to get fewer ads

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 10:53 - Feb 18 with 8308 views442Dale

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 09:59 - Feb 18 by mikehunt

The season starts here!!

Worst pre-season ever then.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 11:49 - Feb 18 with 8145 viewsChaffRAFC

I know the implications of today and the importance of it and I've seen people calling it the biggest game in our history, or at least recent years, and it's hard to disagree but I feel nothing of emotion, nerves or anything really.

Maybe I'm weak, maybe it's defeatist, maybe it's just me being miserable but I feel nothing because I'm already resigned to the fact we will be relegated from the football league for the first time in our history.

The Hartlepool away game finished me off. That was the point of no return for me mentally.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 11:58 - Feb 18 with 8107 viewselectricblue

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 11:49 - Feb 18 by ChaffRAFC

I know the implications of today and the importance of it and I've seen people calling it the biggest game in our history, or at least recent years, and it's hard to disagree but I feel nothing of emotion, nerves or anything really.

Maybe I'm weak, maybe it's defeatist, maybe it's just me being miserable but I feel nothing because I'm already resigned to the fact we will be relegated from the football league for the first time in our history.

The Hartlepool away game finished me off. That was the point of no return for me mentally.

Im in the same boat myself and 75% resigned to the fact that Dale will go down as everything seems to be going against them in each n every way....
The other 25% will decline with each defeat........

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 12:04 - Feb 18 with 8091 viewsDaleiLama

Five years to the day since Davies equalised to earn us a replay at Wembley in front of a watching nation hoping for a Cup upset. Oh for that squad. At least if we get close to that effort, some of that magical atmosphere may be recreated? Without it and desire and belief we are likely fecked.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 12:07]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 13:59 - Feb 18 with 7726 viewsRodingdale

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 07:58 - Feb 18 by rkershaw

Quite simply one, if not THE, biggest games in our club's history. If the players can walk off that pitch at the end of this game then I will be disappointed. They ALL need to cover EVERY single blade of grass on that pitch. They need to COMMUNICATE with each other to the point where they lose their voices. They need to stop showing a tokenistic togetherness in that bloody team huddle and lay it down to each other. They need to win EVERY second ball. They need to sweat blood for 90+ mins. They need to repay the fans with a performance full of PASSION ENDEAVOUR and COMMITMENT. They need to play like their livihoods actually depend on it (which it obviously does). They need to be able to look fans in the eyes at the end of the battle (which it will be as Gillingham will view this game in exactly the same way). They need to think very clearly about the repercussions of their footballing actions; not only on the club but the town itself. Shout.....scream.....gesticulate.....lose it with each other .....I don't give a rats arse how we get the win.....3 points has NEVER been as important!!
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 8:25]

Any chance you could nip down to the home dressing room at 2:45 and repeat that - don’t take chaff with you though!!
Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 14:09 - Feb 18 with 7666 viewsShun

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 14:12 - Feb 18 with 7648 viewsShun

I’m trying to fathom Bentley’s logic behind dropping Taylor for EEL. All I can come up with is that perhaps he sees the return of our captain as some form of boost for the players or fans. From the fans’ point of view, if that’s the case, he’s seriously mistaken!
Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 14:20 - Feb 18 with 7585 viewskel

I’ve tried my very best not to be negative about Bentley, but he’s just relegated us with that decision. Absolutely shocking call.
Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 14:25 - Feb 18 with 7512 viewsD_Alien

I can only echo the thoughts about EEL

I'm sure the fans would've been 100% behind the XI that started the last two games. As it stands, the first mistake by EEL is likely to be picked up and echoed around the ground

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 14:30 - Feb 18 with 7497 viewsmightydale

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 14:20 - Feb 18 by kel

I’ve tried my very best not to be negative about Bentley, but he’s just relegated us with that decision. Absolutely shocking call.

He's fcuking clueless.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 14:30 - Feb 18 with 7492 viewsTrev

'Kin el lads, Taylor ain't exactly Beckenbauer is he?
Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 14:32 - Feb 18 with 7482 viewsBarrowdale

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 14:30 - Feb 18 by Trev

'Kin el lads, Taylor ain't exactly Beckenbauer is he?

He’s miles better than eel though. Terrible decision. Still he can bring Taylor on in the 89th when we’re two down.
Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 14:40 - Feb 18 with 7435 viewsTalkingSutty

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 11:58 - Feb 18 by electricblue

Im in the same boat myself and 75% resigned to the fact that Dale will go down as everything seems to be going against them in each n every way....
The other 25% will decline with each defeat........

There is nothing going against us, we deserve to be bottom of the league, we've earned it. It's not the referees fault and we haven't been unlucky. We recently signed a player who was injured and is out for the season, that wasn't being unlucky. We've allowed one of our best young players to not be involved in the first team squad for the last couple of months and probably for the remainder of the season, that's our fault, it's not unlucky. The goalkeeping situation was a farce, nothing unlucky about that. Players who can't be arsed training, the manager should have called that out months ago. Bad decision making all over the place, so we are where we are on merit and it's not down to bad luck...and now he picks Ebanks- Landel to start today, it doesn't make sense.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 14:47]
Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 14:52 - Feb 18 with 7350 viewsrich_dale

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 14:40 - Feb 18 by TalkingSutty

There is nothing going against us, we deserve to be bottom of the league, we've earned it. It's not the referees fault and we haven't been unlucky. We recently signed a player who was injured and is out for the season, that wasn't being unlucky. We've allowed one of our best young players to not be involved in the first team squad for the last couple of months and probably for the remainder of the season, that's our fault, it's not unlucky. The goalkeeping situation was a farce, nothing unlucky about that. Players who can't be arsed training, the manager should have called that out months ago. Bad decision making all over the place, so we are where we are on merit and it's not down to bad luck...and now he picks Ebanks- Landel to start today, it doesn't make sense.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 14:47]

True, for everything that's gone against us there has been more that's been of our own making. Don't forget changing a winning team after our last victory.
Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 15:23 - Feb 18 with 7198 viewselectricblue

Odoh as to be the must frustrating player in any starting 11...

I for one cannot understand why he isnt using his pace to get down to that touchline he as the pace and skill.....

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 15:26 - Feb 18 with 7165 viewssince58

Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 15:23 - Feb 18 by electricblue

Odoh as to be the must frustrating player in any starting 11...

I for one cannot understand why he isnt using his pace to get down to that touchline he as the pace and skill.....

Quigley misses a great chance ffs.they go to the other end and fookin score.
Gillingham (H) Match Thread on 15:28 - Feb 18 with 7108 viewsmeeee

I think it was before the Orient game Bentley praised the fans for being a postive bunch and not turning on the team. I imagine the atmosphere could get a bit toxic if things stay as they're
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024