Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SACK Bentley! 16:48 - Feb 18 with 28982 viewsClivert

It is literally our last roll of the dice now!
SACK Bentley! on 16:52 - Feb 18 with 11374 viewswindowsbug2002

If he isn't gone then I suspect ulterior motives.
I've just had a feeling since Bentley was appointed.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 16:54]
SACK Bentley! on 16:53 - Feb 18 with 11372 viewsRodingdale

Agree. He’s had his vote of confidence at the forum. Time to bite the bullet.
SACK Bentley! on 16:54 - Feb 18 with 11329 viewselectricblue

How many managers have had that vote of confidence and then they are sacked!.

Only reason the board will not sack him due to finances....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

SACK Bentley! on 16:59 - Feb 18 with 11295 viewsrich_dale

How much would it cost to pay off his contract? We're very likely to go down no matter what but there are too many players not playing for him. We could do with the air being cleared, the pressure taken off and someone to galvanise everyone, and at least if we went down with a fight and a few good performances it would give hope for next season. As it stands we could be where Scunthorpe are next season.
SACK Bentley! on 16:59 - Feb 18 with 11291 viewsblackdogblue

I never thought I would say this….

Simon Gauge ring Keith Hill please…

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

SACK Bentley! on 17:04 - Feb 18 with 11221 viewsRodingdale

SACK Bentley! on 16:59 - Feb 18 by blackdogblue

Hill in as DoF oversees the end of this season and charged with appointing a new first team coach for next season. Pay Bentley off with the Brierley money.
SACK Bentley! on 17:04 - Feb 18 with 11210 viewsIOMDale

If Bentley is still in charge next season, don’t be surprised if we’re in a similar position to where Scunthorpe currently are. Yes, Max Taylor isn’t Franco Baresi reincarnated but to drop him for EEL was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Bentley couldn’t get a tune out of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra if he was conducting.

UTDNFS

SACK Bentley! on 17:05 - Feb 18 with 11172 viewsDaleFan7

It's too late now. We're down. Guardiola and Klopp between them couldn't keep us up.

The board need to start taking some responsibility for giving Stockdale virtually a blank chequebook for our budget.
Login to get fewer ads

SACK Bentley! on 17:05 - Feb 18 with 11172 viewsDorkingDale

SACK Bentley! on 16:59 - Feb 18 by blackdogblue

...I know desperate times require desperate measures.
SACK Bentley! on 17:12 - Feb 18 with 11085 viewsHullDale

We are done.

A combination of 'lads lads lads' attitude & poor recruitment under Stockdale (1.1PPG) followed by poor fitness, awful tactics, questionable man management and dire in game changes under Bentley (0.72PPG) have relegated us out of the league for the first time in 103 years.

Bentley, if he is half as prinicpled as he claims to be, needs to resign. We can't realistically afford to sack him, so he needs to do the right thing and give a new manager the chance to assess the squad before our non-league campaign next season.

I can't remember ever seeing a team in our position show less fight, passion & urgency than we saw today.

Bentley out.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 17:14]
SACK Bentley! on 17:28 - Feb 18 with 10909 viewsNewbury_Dale

This board cannot be trusted to make a decent managerial appointment, so what's the point of sacking Bentley. They will just employ another footballing dinosaur.
SACK Bentley! on 17:32 - Feb 18 with 10882 viewsRodingdale

Appoint Hill as DoF or consultant to oversee last part of season and appoint a new first team coach
SACK Bentley! on 17:41 - Feb 18 with 10780 viewsrichfoad32

SACK Bentley! on 17:32 - Feb 18 by Rodingdale

Appoint Hill as DoF or consultant to oversee last part of season and appoint a new first team coach

Do we have the finances for this and to pay Bentley off as well?
SACK Bentley! on 17:41 - Feb 18 with 10783 viewsfrequency

I don't want Hill back

Hate city

SACK Bentley! on 17:43 - Feb 18 with 10744 viewsRodingdale

Sadly will have to spend the Brierley money. Put this season behind us. The thought of going into a preseason with Bentley 😳
SACK Bentley! on 17:47 - Feb 18 with 10680 viewsClivert

SACK Bentley! on 17:41 - Feb 18 by frequency

I don't want Hill back

A change of manager bounce is our only hope, I'd ask Hill but can we afford him if we sack JB? Hendo in charge would be a better bet that what we currently have.
SACK Bentley! on 17:51 - Feb 18 with 10593 viewsrichfoad32

SACK Bentley! on 17:47 - Feb 18 by Clivert

A change of manager bounce is our only hope, I'd ask Hill but can we afford him if we sack JB? Hendo in charge would be a better bet that what we currently have.

What has Hendo done to make you think he has the credentials and aptitude for the job? Presuming he even wants it.
SACK Bentley! on 18:35 - Feb 18 with 10324 viewsClivert

SACK Bentley! on 17:51 - Feb 18 by richfoad32

What has Hendo done to make you think he has the credentials and aptitude for the job? Presuming he even wants it.

Clutching at straws now, this is where we are at.
SACK Bentley! on 18:40 - Feb 18 with 10251 viewsYorkshire_Dale

SACK Bentley! on 17:47 - Feb 18 by Clivert

An idea I would agree with......Hendo MUST have more respect from the players than JB has, he is a broken man, again tonight. (Same as last week etc)

"We tried our best....."

"This is not my team....."

"We've been in the game and run them close....."

Same old same old every week, 6-8 minutes of drivel. Churn on churn.

Give Hendo a chance if he is willing....he seems a well rounded and educated fellow and has been to the top of the game. It's a cheap option.

Oh, and please don't let Big Jim McNulty act as defence coach that ship has well and truly sailed.
SACK Bentley! on 18:40 - Feb 18 with 10244 viewselectricblue

If JB was sacked over the weekend a new manager needs to be in the job monday morning and not in 2wks time..

Who is available and up to change things!

Hill is a no for me......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

SACK Bentley! on 18:45 - Feb 18 with 10187 viewsborodale

Feel sorry for Bentley, he's had a bag of shit to work with. The blame solely lies with the players and there agents . You can guarantee it's down to money, bonuses etc why these players have down tools effectively, operating at 85/ 90%. Closed shop militants. Make me sick.
SACK Bentley! on 18:46 - Feb 18 with 10165 viewsHopwoodblue

We have to sack him now and manage the club from within as we are as good as relegated.
Once we are relegated then start the search for a new manager as we will hopefully attract more candidates once they don’t have to try and save us from the drop.
We can take our time and hopefully attract some decent names before pre season.
Unless we see a dramatic change as we did when Hill took over first time, there maybe no need to look elsewhere.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 18:48]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

SACK Bentley! on 19:01 - Feb 18 with 10041 viewsZac_B

SACK Bentley! on 16:59 - Feb 18 by rich_dale

How much would it cost to pay off his contract? We're very likely to go down no matter what but there are too many players not playing for him. We could do with the air being cleared, the pressure taken off and someone to galvanise everyone, and at least if we went down with a fight and a few good performances it would give hope for next season. As it stands we could be where Scunthorpe are next season.

I was wondering about what kind of pay off he'd get if sacked. Surely not the remainder of his contract?

Imagine starting a new job in the real world, not performing and making odd decisions which cost the business dearly...but then being paid to leave rather than simply being exited out based on performance.

Football is mad.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 19:04]
SACK Bentley! on 19:06 - Feb 18 with 9997 views442Dale

Any managerial contract at a football club would/should include a clearly defined agreement should it be ended early. Any club who agreed to such a contract would plan for contingencies to ensure this is feasible within the club’s budget in the eventuality the contract does end early.

Anything else else would be incredibly poor medium - long term planning.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

SACK Bentley! on 19:15 - Feb 18 with 9911 viewsRippDale

I don't really want Hill back in an ideal world and I doubt anyone can get this bunch to respond. But, some managers are just a perfect fit for a club. Coleman at Accrington, Jones at Luton. If anyone could get a bounce effect in this situation then it would be Hill. Get him in until the end of the season and roll the dice
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024