Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hartlepool United 21:12 - Feb 22 with 13483 viewsHullDale

Keith Curle has been sacked.

Hartlepool United on 21:16 - Feb 22 with 6318 viewsJames1980

Wonder who they will get in to replace him.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Hartlepool United on 21:22 - Feb 22 with 6279 viewsBrierls

Giving themselves one last throw of the dice…

Novel idea.
Hartlepool United on 21:25 - Feb 22 with 6259 viewstony_roch975

Let's offer JB and half a dozen players (from us) ??

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Hartlepool United on 21:28 - Feb 22 with 6237 views442Dale

Hartlepool United on 21:22 - Feb 22 by Brierls

Novel idea.

Meanwhile some are refusing to take their go after sliding back to the start on Snakes and Ladders.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hartlepool United on 21:35 - Feb 22 with 6194 viewsmightydale

A Board with a bit of guts.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Hartlepool United on 21:35 - Feb 22 with 6187 viewsClivert

Hartlepool United on 21:22 - Feb 22 by Brierls

Novel idea.

Perhaps they'll start flogging tickets for £2 during the run in too?
Hartlepool United on 21:50 - Feb 22 with 6098 viewsClivert

If any of the board of directors are watching? We appointed Bentley before Hartlepool appointed Curle and despite Curle's Hartlepool beating Bentley's Rochdale home and away he's fallen on his sword before Jim Bentley has despite Hartlepool being 6 points better off than us and currently outside of the relegation zone.
Hartlepool United on 22:26 - Feb 22 with 5940 viewsBrierls

Hartlepool United on 21:50 - Feb 22 by Clivert

If any of the board of directors are watching? We appointed Bentley before Hartlepool appointed Curle and despite Curle's Hartlepool beating Bentley's Rochdale home and away he's fallen on his sword before Jim Bentley has despite Hartlepool being 6 points better off than us and currently outside of the relegation zone.

Bentley should have gone last night or this morning. Listen to his BBC RM interview FFS, he even knows himself!

If the news of Curle being sacked wasn’t a catalyst for a conference call between the BOD tonight, with a decision to sack Bentley tomorrow, then we’re even more of a lost cause that I thought. Not just this season, but next season and beyond.
Login to get fewer ads

Hartlepool United on 22:28 - Feb 22 with 5921 views442Dale

It would be interesting to know exactly what is happening at Spotland at the moment.

There comes a point where the Trust will have to step in if the club are not prepared to keep supporters fully informed.

Hartlepool United on 22:36 - Feb 22 with 5868 viewsD_Alien

Hartlepool United on 22:28 - Feb 22 by 442Dale

It would be interesting to know exactly what is happening at Spotland at the moment.

There comes a point where the Trust will have to step in if the club are not prepared to keep supporters fully informed.

With the investment they've made, my take on this is there's the simple equation of which puts their investment more at risk: Bentley going or Bentley staying

In terms of risk, i mean how much debt are they able to countenance. I honestly think it's as simple as that. That's why i appealed for Bentley to doing the honourable thing and speak to the BoD to work out a severance package, regardless of what it says in his contract

The fans have lost confidence in him, the board must've lost confidence in him, the players have lost confidence in him, he's lost confidence in himself

Jim, just do it
[Post edited 22 Feb 2023 22:37]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hartlepool United on 22:51 - Feb 22 with 5819 viewsSaxonDale

I genuinely can’t remember a previous manager lasting under such sustained pressure from a large section of our fanbase. Whilst the board have always been patient to a degree, once the fans have been lost we’ve always been relatively quick at terminating a contract. Saw a poll on twitter which suggested 80% of people are currently in the Bentley out camp- with over 10% more saying they’d still sack him but at the end of the season.
Hartlepool United on 23:59 - Feb 22 with 5657 viewsDorkingDale

Hartlepool United on 22:36 - Feb 22 by D_Alien

With the investment they've made, my take on this is there's the simple equation of which puts their investment more at risk: Bentley going or Bentley staying

In terms of risk, i mean how much debt are they able to countenance. I honestly think it's as simple as that. That's why i appealed for Bentley to doing the honourable thing and speak to the BoD to work out a severance package, regardless of what it says in his contract

The fans have lost confidence in him, the board must've lost confidence in him, the players have lost confidence in him, he's lost confidence in himself

Jim, just do it
[Post edited 22 Feb 2023 22:37]

100% to do with lack of ££££.
Hartlepool United on 00:22 - Feb 23 with 5633 viewsSandyman

Hartlepool United on 22:51 - Feb 22 by SaxonDale

I genuinely can’t remember a previous manager lasting under such sustained pressure from a large section of our fanbase. Whilst the board have always been patient to a degree, once the fans have been lost we’ve always been relatively quick at terminating a contract. Saw a poll on twitter which suggested 80% of people are currently in the Bentley out camp- with over 10% more saying they’d still sack him but at the end of the season.

With the safety of no fans being in the ground during the COVID lockdown, BBM should have gone long before he did, but a parasite giving him a 1 year extension on his contract plus an increase in salary stopped the inevitable happening. This was covered up rather than announced in the usual manner. Managed relegation followed.

Champagne for all!
[Post edited 23 Feb 2023 4:03]
Hartlepool United on 04:06 - Feb 23 with 5523 viewsSandyman

Hartlepool United on 21:35 - Feb 22 by mightydale

A Board with a bit of guts.

True, but the club statement says, "we believe there is a group of players that can secure our place in the league".

Apart from a few individuals, we can't say that at Rochdale. Over to you, Robbie.
Hartlepool United on 08:52 - Feb 23 with 5210 views442Dale

Hartlepool United on 23:59 - Feb 22 by DorkingDale

Has this been stated anywhere?

Unless there’s evidence in the public domain, nobody can be 100% about anything.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2023 8:53]

Hartlepool United on 09:16 - Feb 23 with 5143 viewselectricblue

Spot on.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hartlepool United on 11:09 - Feb 23 with 4955 viewsD_Alien

Hartlepool United on 08:52 - Feb 23 by 442Dale

Has this been stated anywhere?

Unless there’s evidence in the public domain, nobody can be 100% about anything.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2023 8:53]

This is true, and the way i described it was by posing the question:

"Which option (sack Bentley or not) puts the investments made by the BoDs most at risk"

[Post edited 23 Feb 2023 11:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hartlepool United on 11:55 - Feb 23 with 4880 views49thseason

In which case put him on gardening leave and let the senior players pick the team.
I guess they may be holding back until its a mathematical certainty we are relegated as there could be a clause in his contract to that effect, but we are playing for snookers at this point. From his perspective I think his management career is probably over in any case so he aint going to quit.
Hartlepool United on 12:15 - Feb 23 with 4822 viewsHopwoodblue

All it needs is a statement from the board saying

“We will not be changing the manager this season”

What ever people may think is then irrelevant as it puts it all to bed.

I know it was said at the forum but things have gone down hill rapidly from then so it needs clarifying for the whole of the fan base to stop all the talk of a new manager.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2023 12:16]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Hartlepool United on 15:18 - Feb 23 with 4573 viewsHullDale

John Askey to Hartlepool.

Hartlepool United on 15:25 - Feb 23 with 4542 viewsIOMDale

Hartlepool United on 15:18 - Feb 23 by HullDale

I’m genuinely bloody fuming about this.

The board, as has been oft stated, deserve huge credit for seeing off MH but continuing to coast with Bentley in charge is like death by a thousand papercuts.

I sincerely hope our failure to sack Bentley and attract Askey (well attainable, in spite of current circumstances) won’t come back to bite us.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2023 11:05]

UTDNFS

Hartlepool United on 15:35 - Feb 23 with 4488 viewsrkershaw

Hartlepool United on 15:25 - Feb 23 by IOMDale

I’m genuinely bloody fuming about this.

The board, as has been oft stated, deserve huge credit for seeing off MH but continuing to coast with Bentley in charge is like death by a thousand papercuts.

I sincerely hope our failure to sack Bentley and attract Askey (well attainable, in spite of current circumstances) won’t come back to bite us.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2023 11:05]

Hey ho.....King Keef is still unattached....and not he of the Curle variety !! ;)
[Post edited 23 Feb 2023 15:38]
Hartlepool United on 15:41 - Feb 23 with 4443 viewsClivert

Hartlepool United on 15:18 - Feb 23 by HullDale

Swift and decisive action from the Pools board while we're still stuck with Bentley.
Hartlepool United on 15:45 - Feb 23 with 4411 viewsfinberty

We have zero evidence Askey would ever have entertained us.
Hartlepool United on 15:51 - Feb 23 with 4348 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Hartlepool United on 15:45 - Feb 23 by finberty

We have zero evidence Askey would ever have entertained us.

Well we will never know will we? Askey has a proven track record in the league where we will be next season, unless there is a miracle, and is therefore the kind of person we are looking at getting in. Askey like most unemployed managers would be at least interested in our Club, and should have been approached at least to sound out.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024