Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread 11:06 - Apr 18 with 25753 viewsDale_4_Life

Big Jim fluffed his lines second half v Bradford.

Tonight there should be no pressure.

Stop the idiotic short goal kicking that nobody wants or enjoys. Play some attacking football in the oppostion half. When play opens up be direct, drive towards goal and get some shots off with venom, ideally on target and follow the shot in with agressive hunting / forward play.

Be tenacious for 90 minutes - run through walls and collapse on your knees at FT.

More of what we saw second half on Saturday is just not acceptable.

Up the Dale I sense a win tonight (although its probably 10 games to late).
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 22:35 - Apr 18 with 3218 viewsNorthernDale

It was a contrast of two halves, in the first it was poor, with the constant passing across the back four and the 'og' was down to this absurd tactic, the ball seem to it something, with the result that O'Donnell missed the ball, but why pass it constantly back to the goalkeeper and defence?

The second half was a total contrast, in that we passed forward with desire and put Tranmere under pressure. This showed want the team is capable of, but it as been lacking far too often. I thought Rodney made a difference when he came on, Odoh tried his best, but was bullied off the ball far to often tonight.

We will miss Lloyd next season, because I will be amazed if he is still at the Dale next season. I thought besides the dodgy penalty, Tranmere did not have a serious shot on target and looked poor.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2023 22:39]
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 22:49 - Apr 18 with 3061 viewsDaleiLama

Been looking at potential gaffers for next season. This fella caught my eye and is the first on my shortlist for our first NL season. Suspect we won't get of to so many slow starts and early deficits if he gets the job.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 22:54 - Apr 18 with 3010 views_Windydale

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 22:49 - Apr 18 by DaleiLama

Been looking at potential gaffers for next season. This fella caught my eye and is the first on my shortlist for our first NL season. Suspect we won't get of to so many slow starts and early deficits if he gets the job.

He'd need to do a run-up for Jimmy's.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:01 - Apr 18 with 2910 views49thseason

Jekyll and Hyde... awful first half, EEL playing the ball out of defence was just dreadful, half the team were playing with their backs to the goal they were supposed to be attacking. No outlet, no forward momentum and just laughably weak, the OG was an absolute comedy.
Personally I would have given all of them their P45s at half time...

Second half at least Rodney and a brief Sinclair cameo made their defenders stop thinking about their suppers and summer holidays, Taylor took on the distribution role and the whole team stepped up 30 yards and suddenly seemed to wake up.
If only we had played like that for about 10 whole games since Christmas we would be home and hosed in L2 next season. If we can find another winger and a proper centre forward we might just do OK next season.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:15 - Apr 18 with 2785 views442Dale

“Hostile”. “tough environment”

Whilst never condoning abuse, that was a crowd that had had enough tonight. I’ve defended McNulty as a player and will always praise him for giving his all, but like many others at Spotland, he looks to be unable to accept how supporters are feeling.

Oh and apparently he wouldn’t say he’s “total football”. So what a waste half those posts last night were.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2023 23:22]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:23 - Apr 18 with 2682 viewsRotherhamDale

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:15 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

Whilst never condoning abuse, that was a crowd that had had enough tonight. I’ve defended McNulty as a player and will always praise him for giving his all, but like many others at Spotland, he looks to be unable to accept how supporters are feeling.

Oh and apparently he wouldn’t say he’s “total football”. So what a waste half those posts last night were.

"Tough environment" because we're absolutely shit and hes part of it. The supporters have been so patient compared to other clubs.

Stockport will be grim at the weekend.

Possession with progression.

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:24 - Apr 18 with 2675 viewsDaleiLama

I managed 4 minutes. 'Coming back from adversity shows how much fight the players have got'.

Sorry Jim, the league table shows how much fight the players have got. Any other words are attempts at deflection. Another triumph for self-contained possession-based football in our own half. After that 1st goal I think we might actually be possessed and in need of an exorcism. Maybe that's what the chaplain was doing?

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:26 - Apr 18 with 2634 views442Dale

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:23 - Apr 18 by RotherhamDale

"Tough environment" because we're absolutely shit and hes part of it. The supporters have been so patient compared to other clubs.

Stockport will be grim at the weekend.

Exactly. A game where we could have been relegated and fans start to turn in numbers when before it’s been the odd shout and chants (bar Hartlepool away I believe). If he thinks even commenting on how the environment was helps, then it’s another indication that there will be real issues in the longer term as an extremely patient fan base does indeed start to have their say.

Login to get fewer ads

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:28 - Apr 18 with 2619 viewsSuddenLad

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:24 - Apr 18 by DaleiLama

I managed 4 minutes. 'Coming back from adversity shows how much fight the players have got'.

Sorry Jim, the league table shows how much fight the players have got. Any other words are attempts at deflection. Another triumph for self-contained possession-based football in our own half. After that 1st goal I think we might actually be possessed and in need of an exorcism. Maybe that's what the chaplain was doing?

The man of the cloth was administering the last rites. Not sure why he was carrying a dictionary though.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:39 - Apr 18 with 2538 viewsD_Alien

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 20:22 - Apr 18 by Dalenet

Club chaplain just wandered into the maintand waving his bible. Its comedy fookin gold

Must've heard it's all about reading coaching manuals

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:51 - Apr 18 with 2481 viewsTalkingSutty

Absolute garbage for the majority of that game tonight and McNulty has the audacity to spin it as a great comeback and the players deserve credit etc. The tactics first half were once again laughable, we had a go in the last twenty minutes against a team who didn't look interested, they had nothing to play for. He speaks like the players have been running through brick walls and the crowd are the ones who are under performing and stinking the place out. He doesn't understand the damage that he and his team mates have done to the club this season, probably because he doesn't look at the league table.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:58 - Apr 18 with 2436 viewsDaley_Lama

Thank you Danny Lloyd for shutting the Scousers up for 20 minutes.

Thank you EELs for shutting them up 4 minutes later.( Sorry to hear you get booed after scoring.)

Let’s see if we can end Stockpooh’s auto-push on Sat!

That’s it. 3 positive comments, i knew i could do it.

Poll: DF in or out

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 00:01 - Apr 19 with 2426 viewsSaxonDale

We went more direct second half whilst still trying to play football and McNulty made positive substitutions which had an impact- much better than what he did on Saturday. There's no doubt he needs to keep learning on the job (interviews would be a good start) but I've seen more from McNulty than I ever saw under Stockdale or Bentley. His record so far suggests he could just become a decent manager.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 06:14 - Apr 19 with 2142 viewsNigelWatson

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 23:39 - Apr 18 by D_Alien

Must've heard it's all about reading coaching manuals

Disgraceful performance: not from the players or the management, but from the fans. Make no mistake, taking into account the relatively small number of home fans in the stadium, that was an extremely hostile atmosphere created - all directed against the team playing at home. If you watch the game back on i-Follow and listen the Tranmere commentary they made constant reference to it, and sounded quite shocked by it.

It's also obvious that those berating their own players last night have never even played Sunday pub football. Young players being shouted at to 'Gerrit forward', or similar, just as they were about to take a touch, especially in the defensive, first third, was beyond moronic. Those doing that are NOT supporters. You invited the nervousness and the mistakes that you got.

Going forward, RAFC must tackle this problem by encourage the rest of the fan base to adopt a zero tolerance towards those who think it's okay to give in-game tactical tips to our own players! Supporters are there to support the team. The sheer arrogance of it. And personally, I would rather my club be managed by somebody who understands modern football and who has read coaching manuals, rather than somebody who has not read coaching manuals who still plays a 1980s style, rigid 4-4-2, 'Gerrit forward'.

The only other alternative is for the club to bow to the vocal minority and appoint somebody like Steve Evans who plays 'Gerrit forward' and is relatively successful doing it. The whole squad would need to be revamped though because at the moment the squad is not suited to this brand of lowbrow, Neanderthal football.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 06:22 - Apr 19 with 2117 viewsD_Alien

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 06:14 - Apr 19 by NigelWatson

Disgraceful performance: not from the players or the management, but from the fans. Make no mistake, taking into account the relatively small number of home fans in the stadium, that was an extremely hostile atmosphere created - all directed against the team playing at home. If you watch the game back on i-Follow and listen the Tranmere commentary they made constant reference to it, and sounded quite shocked by it.

It's also obvious that those berating their own players last night have never even played Sunday pub football. Young players being shouted at to 'Gerrit forward', or similar, just as they were about to take a touch, especially in the defensive, first third, was beyond moronic. Those doing that are NOT supporters. You invited the nervousness and the mistakes that you got.

Going forward, RAFC must tackle this problem by encourage the rest of the fan base to adopt a zero tolerance towards those who think it's okay to give in-game tactical tips to our own players! Supporters are there to support the team. The sheer arrogance of it. And personally, I would rather my club be managed by somebody who understands modern football and who has read coaching manuals, rather than somebody who has not read coaching manuals who still plays a 1980s style, rigid 4-4-2, 'Gerrit forward'.

The only other alternative is for the club to bow to the vocal minority and appoint somebody like Steve Evans who plays 'Gerrit forward' and is relatively successful doing it. The whole squad would need to be revamped though because at the moment the squad is not suited to this brand of lowbrow, Neanderthal football.

Yep, it's all the fans fault

Gerrit backwards

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 06:38 - Apr 19 with 2074 viewsjoecooke

Presumably you didnt watch the second half where we were much improved by being direct and running at players etc, as oppposed to the first half where we just recycled the ball aimlessly, inviting pressure and making mistakes.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 06:59 - Apr 19 with 2044 viewssooty_dale

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 06:22 - Apr 19 by D_Alien

Yep, it's all the fans fault

Gerrit backwards

Into our own net...
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 07:22 - Apr 19 with 1990 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

That bunch of players have got off lightly. How many clubs in our position have seen pitch invasions, boardrooms invaded & personal threats made against club employees? I’m in no way condoning that kind of behaviour but we have dropped out of the league with a comparative whimper.
I also don’t agree with booing individual players when they touch the ball (EEL) but these fans have stumped up their hard earned money for a product that has gone from barely average to downright unacceptable in the past 4-5 years.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 07:30 - Apr 19 with 1967 viewsD_Alien

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 06:59 - Apr 19 by sooty_dale

Into our own net...

Yup

If a single moment could encapsulate the whole miserable poverty of that approach, that was it

And then the aspiring manager pops up to berate the incredibly long-suffering fans, who've supported through thick and thin and who he tried to court as a very average player with his display of clapping at the end of each game

And he deserves to be given credit for having ingested a coaching manual, according to some. He then changes that "philosophy" to put us on the front foot and claims credit for having squeaked a useless point, with the most inept captain i can recall finding himself able to finally nod a ball in vaguely the right direction to provide some non-existent kudos after misplacing passes into touch with unerring regularity

I'll be there, at all three of the final games, to witness the last rites and then await the outcome of a costly consultancy exercise (or worse, if certain rumours come about before then)

The players are expected to play backwards, facing their own net more often than not. The manager has got it backwards, blaming the fans

Gerrit f*ckin backwards

[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 7:30]

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 07:34 - Apr 19 with 1950 viewsDaleiLama

Says a fella who sits in an ivory tower, doesn't buy a season ticket, go to any games and watches on ifoller. After you've given up as much time and money as the majority have done, and suffered as the majority have done, watching utterly ineffective football for the last 5 seasons, come back on here and tell us if you have the same mindset.

You do realise we have just dropped from flirting on the edge of L1 playoffs to dropping out of the EFL I presume? Not a glowing reference for dribbling in your own box is it? Dodgson dodged a bullet last night with a lovely bit of skill but for every one of those, there are half a dozen goals conceded. They don't put that in coaching manuals though, do they. It's called common sense. Try it sometime.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 7:39]

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 07:47 - Apr 19 with 1909 views442Dale

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 07:22 - Apr 19 by Plattyswrinklynuts

That bunch of players have got off lightly. How many clubs in our position have seen pitch invasions, boardrooms invaded & personal threats made against club employees? I’m in no way condoning that kind of behaviour but we have dropped out of the league with a comparative whimper.
I also don’t agree with booing individual players when they touch the ball (EEL) but these fans have stumped up their hard earned money for a product that has gone from barely average to downright unacceptable in the past 4-5 years.

Wasn’t it that the fans booed when the goal kick was taken short to EEL rather than the player himself?

Anyway, the manager has said he doesn’t play total football so we’re ok to go direct at times.

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 09:21 - Apr 19 with 1660 viewsNorthernDale

Dale fans have been patient and very loyal over years, but when we play like we did in the first half, the fans were frustrated and annoyed, which led to an hostile environment. Yet in the second half, when we cut out the constant sideways passing and used the passing in a more constructive way to open up Tranmere, the attitude changed in a positive way and the fans believed we could score and even win. Yes, there some fans in every stand, who would moan and shout, even if we where at the top of the league and winning every week.

McNulty implied the fans seem to created an hostile environment, but he should be asking how can 'I' and the team change the atmosphere and is clear from the change in the fans response in the second half. McNulty said his system is not 'total football, but total options', yes we can appreciate the need to hold onto the ball, if players are being marked out of the game, but it needs to combined with more direct football, the use of the wings or more forward passing. Sadly the team seemed more focused on holding on to the ball , by passing it sideways and backwards, which is not very entertaining and cost us in the first half. If Jim is appointed manager, he needs to be more flexible in his tactics and learn from his mistakes, then the fans loyalty and support will be more evident.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 09:57 - Apr 19 with 1551 viewsirishdale2022

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 07:30 - Apr 19 by D_Alien

Yup

If a single moment could encapsulate the whole miserable poverty of that approach, that was it

And then the aspiring manager pops up to berate the incredibly long-suffering fans, who've supported through thick and thin and who he tried to court as a very average player with his display of clapping at the end of each game

And he deserves to be given credit for having ingested a coaching manual, according to some. He then changes that "philosophy" to put us on the front foot and claims credit for having squeaked a useless point, with the most inept captain i can recall finding himself able to finally nod a ball in vaguely the right direction to provide some non-existent kudos after misplacing passes into touch with unerring regularity

I'll be there, at all three of the final games, to witness the last rites and then await the outcome of a costly consultancy exercise (or worse, if certain rumours come about before then)

The players are expected to play backwards, facing their own net more often than not. The manager has got it backwards, blaming the fans

Gerrit f*ckin backwards

[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 7:30]

At what point does he berate the fans?

He made an observation that the atmosphere was hostile (which it was) and that the atmosphere affected the players ability to play (which it did). At no point did he say the fans were wrong for doing what they did.

Making an observation is not criticism
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:01 - Apr 19 with 1422 viewsDaleFan7

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 09:57 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

He made an observation that the atmosphere was hostile (which it was) and that the atmosphere affected the players ability to play (which it did). At no point did he say the fans were wrong for doing what they did.

Not sure anyone can blame a hostile environment for us not playing well last night. We've lost 25 games this season and other than people eventually wanting Bentley out, the atmosphere hasn't been hostile.

It's just an excuse for another poor performance from a poor group of players.
Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 11:08 - Apr 19 with 1404 viewsTVOS1907

Tranmere (H) 18th March 2023 - Match Thread on 09:57 - Apr 19 by irishdale2022

Hostile? Ha Ha.

You're right, it was like prime Galatasaray out there, with 1900 Dale fans baying for blood.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024