Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? 12:00 - May 31 with 16017 views49thseason

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 13:21 - May 31 with 8336 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Kick em while they're down.
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 14:27 - May 31 with 8233 viewsBeechball

Which streets are involved ?
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 14:28 - May 31 with 8233 viewssxdale

It does appear that whilst other local councils (bury and oldham) want professional sport in their town that our council view us as a nuisance unless we are winning something and there is a bandwagon to jump on.
Thinking back to the queen tribute concert as a recent example.
Not saying every councilor but the council as a whole.
If some residents are after this parking scheme I would remind them that the football (and possibly rugby) club were around long before they moved into the area. Do your research, you can't miss the floodlights what did you think was going to happen every other Saturday and some evenings.
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 15:05 - May 31 with 8159 viewsD_Alien

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 14:28 - May 31 by sxdale

It does appear that whilst other local councils (bury and oldham) want professional sport in their town that our council view us as a nuisance unless we are winning something and there is a bandwagon to jump on.
If some residents are after this parking scheme I would remind them that the football (and possibly rugby) club were around long before they moved into the area. Do your research, you can't miss the floodlights what did you think was going to happen every other Saturday and some evenings.

The immediate environs around Spotland have been utilised by fans parking up there since the 1960s. What's changed now?

One thing that's changed has been the cultural make-up of our council, with far more elected as councillors with absolutely no affinity with sport

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 19:46 - May 31 with 7875 viewswatford_dale

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 14:27 - May 31 by Beechball

Which streets are involved ?

Viking Street
Willbutts Lane
Churchill Street
Sandy Lane
Mons Avenue
Falkland Avenue
Juliand Avneue
Verdum Crescent
Mardem Crescent
Oakfield Terrace
Geneva Terrace
Longfield Road
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 20:00 - May 31 with 7842 viewsDalenet

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 19:46 - May 31 by watford_dale

Viking Street
Willbutts Lane
Churchill Street
Sandy Lane
Mons Avenue
Falkland Avenue
Juliand Avneue
Verdum Crescent
Mardem Crescent
Oakfield Terrace
Geneva Terrace
Longfield Road

Are residents on these streets being told that the council may charge them for resident permits. That may influence their decision. They charge £25 a year where I live and locals don't like that
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 20:02 - May 31 with 7841 viewsSandyman

Voters within the Spotland & Falinge Ward, take note:

"Dear resident

Please note the next meeting of Spotland and Falinge Area Forum will be held on Thursday 8 June 2023 at 6.30pm in Spotland Community Centre, 92-96 Spotland Road, Rochdale.

If you would like to raise an issue, there will be an opportunity during the Open Forum. If you are unable to attend but would like to raise an issue, please contact Gary Finch on 01706 924817 or email gary.finch@rochdale.gov.uk.

Greater Manchester Police will be conducting the PACT meeting during the forum."

Worth attending to raise this issue with the councillors and council officials present.
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 20:25 - May 31 with 7790 viewswatford_dale

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 20:00 - May 31 by Dalenet

Are residents on these streets being told that the council may charge them for resident permits. That may influence their decision. They charge £25 a year where I live and locals don't like that

As per leaflet through my door,

one permit per household is free then its £25 for 3 visitor permits at £25/permit payable every 2 years.

I will be responding to the consultation with a NO, keen to stop it in its tracks so this does not become the start of CPZ charging scheme borough wide to create an income scheme for the Council.
Login to get fewer ads

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 20:28 - May 31 with 7783 viewsfinberty

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 14:28 - May 31 by sxdale

I think it goes wider than just professional sport. Look at how a driver, unfamiliar with the town centre, might proceed. You can come off the M62 onto the A627(M), before hitting problems at the Sudden lights.

Whilst turning right gets you along a promising dual carriageway, don't even think of turning towards the Town Hall/Esplanade, because where do you go then? RMBC says 'welcome', but you're not really.
Most of the available parking has been given over to some strange concrete expanse. You can no longer drive through the square and up School Lane, because RMBC says you can't.

So back you go to the lights, and turn right up St Mary's Gate. You can turn right at the bottleneck into the Exchange, but the road layout suggests that RMBC would rather you didn't.

So go on to the next lights, to tun right down John Street. You need patience for this bit, as only about six cars can get through at any one time. RMBC would rather you didn't. If you then miss the car park, you go through the lights and another bottleneck into a series of single carriageway roads, all leading away from the town centre. It's baffling.

So instead head up the Yorkshire Street/Halifax Road, passing through another tortuous bottleneck to do so, because RMBC don't want traffic here you see.

Head on to Albert Royds / Kingsway and Queensway and you're back more or less where you began. And you've missed the town centre, despite trying to find it - just as RMBC want.

As a scheme for killing a town and deterring visitors (or even council tax-paying residents), RMBC is in a league of its own.

Sorry for mentioning 'league'.
[Post edited 31 May 2023 20:29]
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 11:14 - Jun 1 with 7403 viewsDaleiLama

Is there any merit in organising an on-line petition opposing this? Details could be sent to all trust members by e-mail and even leafletted (with reasons for opposing it) to the streets targeted (though probably wouldn't receive too much support there)? It could also be forwarded to other clubs trusts - both EFL and NL. We made a lot of friends in trusts around the EFL during the hostile takeover attempt. Any support would surely help?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 12:47 - Jun 1 with 7289 viewspioneer

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 11:14 - Jun 1 by DaleiLama

Is there any merit in organising an on-line petition opposing this? Details could be sent to all trust members by e-mail and even leafletted (with reasons for opposing it) to the streets targeted (though probably wouldn't receive too much support there)? It could also be forwarded to other clubs trusts - both EFL and NL. We made a lot of friends in trusts around the EFL during the hostile takeover attempt. Any support would surely help?

What about approaching hornets, they will be affected same as Dale.
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 13:13 - Jun 1 with 7246 viewsjudd

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 12:47 - Jun 1 by pioneer

What about approaching hornets, they will be affected same as Dale.

Not necessarily.

If the restricted times option is selected there's no restrictions in place on Sundays, is my understanding.

Poll: What is it to be then?

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 14:10 - Jun 1 with 7157 views49thseason

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 13:13 - Jun 1 by judd

Not necessarily.

If the restricted times option is selected there's no restrictions in place on Sundays, is my understanding.

Hornets are lucky if they fill the car park, I doubt if they have any impact on local parking more than a couple of times per season.
There is little doubt in my mind that this is a politicised move on the part of the Council. Whether or not it has been instigated by residents, Councillors or Officers is a matter of conjecture at this stage. Certainly someone is agitating locals against the football club as theremis the precedent of the lies distributed prior to the proposed concert. This is another turn of the screw. Perhaps its time to confront RMBC to elicit the truth about their attitude to professional football in Rochdale and whether they feel its value to the Borough is less than the value of over 100 jobs, a large community outreach programme and the effect of pissing off 1000s of fans and their friends and relatives.
Perhaps its time to resurrect our talents for digging into the backgrounds of those that would do the club harm. I'll go first...

https://democracy.rochdale.gov.uk/mgDeclarationSubmission.aspx?UID=6271&HID=

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/121346/labour-co

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 14:21 - Jun 1 with 7129 viewsjudd

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 14:10 - Jun 1 by 49thseason

Hornets are lucky if they fill the car park, I doubt if they have any impact on local parking more than a couple of times per season.
There is little doubt in my mind that this is a politicised move on the part of the Council. Whether or not it has been instigated by residents, Councillors or Officers is a matter of conjecture at this stage. Certainly someone is agitating locals against the football club as theremis the precedent of the lies distributed prior to the proposed concert. This is another turn of the screw. Perhaps its time to confront RMBC to elicit the truth about their attitude to professional football in Rochdale and whether they feel its value to the Borough is less than the value of over 100 jobs, a large community outreach programme and the effect of pissing off 1000s of fans and their friends and relatives.
Perhaps its time to resurrect our talents for digging into the backgrounds of those that would do the club harm. I'll go first...

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/121346/labour-co

I fookin hate politicians.

And this proven cheat is a Trustee of Hornets?

Poll: What is it to be then?

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 14:25 - Jun 1 with 7110 viewsD_Alien

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 14:10 - Jun 1 by 49thseason

I notice section 8 "Other registered interests" includes:

"Ticket & Meal provided by Rochdale AFC 13th November 2021 (total value of £55)"

I take it he didn't enjoy the 2-2 draw with Leyton Orient

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 14:32 - Jun 1 with 7078 viewsSuddenLad

Will they be hurrying it through? Is is a rush job?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 15:02 - Jun 1 with 7022 views49thseason

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 14:32 - Jun 1 by SuddenLad

Will they be hurrying it through? Is is a rush job?

Peter Rush?
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 15:14 - Jun 1 with 6984 views49thseason

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 14:21 - Jun 1 by judd

I fookin hate politicians.

And this proven cheat is a Trustee of Hornets?

Based on that map, I dont think that the Wilbutts Chippy will be too thrilled, mind you if residents can buy a parking permit for £25 , whats to stop them " renting out" their "spare" permits for £5 a game or more?

Also interesting that Mr Rana seems to think spending £6000 on investigating parking around the Crown Oil Arena was a useful way to spend our money..

[Post edited 1 Jun 2023 15:25]
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 16:08 - Jun 1 with 6850 viewsdingdangblue

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 13:13 - Jun 1 by judd

Not necessarily.

Move our games to Friday nights, Sundays and Wednesdays 👍

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 16:18 - Jun 1 with 6823 viewsD_Alien

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 15:14 - Jun 1 by 49thseason

Based on that map, I dont think that the Wilbutts Chippy will be too thrilled, mind you if residents can buy a parking permit for £25 , whats to stop them " renting out" their "spare" permits for £5 a game or more?

Also interesting that Mr Rana seems to think spending £6000 on investigating parking around the Crown Oil Arena was a useful way to spend our money..

[Post edited 1 Jun 2023 15:25]

Wonder what that "investigation" involved?

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 17:50 - Jun 1 with 6689 viewsfermin

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 16:18 - Jun 1 by D_Alien

Wonder what that "investigation" involved?

Could someone do am FOI request to ask for it?
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 18:05 - Jun 1 with 6643 viewsD_Alien

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 17:50 - Jun 1 by fermin

Could someone do am FOI request to ask for it?

That's a good idea

Would it be better coming from someone who resides within that council ward; or since the Trust are based at the club, perhaps from the Trust rather an individual who presumably would have to identify themselves and therefore might feel 'uncomfortable' as a resident?

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 18:06 - Jun 1 with 6636 viewsJames1980

Nidge has been quiet about this surely he has some questions to ask.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 20:15 - Jun 1 with 6449 viewssxdale

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 18:06 - Jun 1 by James1980

Nidge has been quiet about this surely he has some questions to ask.

Don't be daft James, he's already told us he's not allowed to ask questions !!
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 20:18 - Jun 1 with 6442 views49thseason

Since it Council Money I guess anyone can question it in a Freedom of Information request.
It would be amusing if 1000 people decided to ask ...
https://www.rochdale.gov.uk/information-data-governance/make-freedom-information
Freedom of Information request
Contents
About Freedom of Information requests
Submit a request (you are here)
Why we may refuse a request
Appeals and complaints
Submit a request
Before requesting information, please check the following pages to see if the information you're looking for has already been published.

Open data
Publication scheme
All Freedom of Information (FOI) requests must be in writing. You can contact us using the details on this page.

Your request must include:

The name of the person requesting the information.
An address for correspondence - ideally an email address, which may be useful if we need to clarify your request.
A clear description of the information you require. Please provide as much detail as possible, as this will help us to process your request more quickly and efficiently.
Once we've received your request, we'll send you an acknowledgement with a reference number.

We have 20 working days from the day we receive your request to provide the information. If we need to ask you for any further information to clarify the request we will "stop the clock" until we have received this.

Sometimes you may have to pay a fee, either to cover administration costs, or to pay photocopying or postage costs, or because of the expense involved in finding and supplying the information. You'll be told in advance if a fee will apply.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024