Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ROD looks to be off 09:33 - Jun 26 with 9125 viewsIOMDale

UTDNFS

ROD looks to be off on 09:57 - Jun 26 with 5702 viewsturnthescrew

Great clubman, but not my favourite keeper by a long way. Has been very poor in some games, though excellent in others, though too few. Can only see him warming the bench at Blackpool. .
ROD looks to be off on 10:01 - Jun 26 with 5690 viewsDareToCalvin

Good keeper and would've been useful for us at NL level but can't begrudge him of this move. Probably going to be 3rd choice speaking to a Blackpool-supporting mate, but would be foolish to turn down a bigger wage in the twilight of his career so good luck to him, always gave his all in his 12 months here.

Good to get at least some form of fee for him too.
ROD looks to be off on 10:22 - Jun 26 with 5603 viewsBrierls

ROD is another high earner who was signed on a two year deal. While we've had more value out of him than EEL and John, he's still been pretty average. If we can get him off the wage bill, it's better for Dale.

ROD has been a great 'club man', so he'd be missed from that perspective.
ROD looks to be off on 10:46 - Jun 26 with 5505 viewsdawlishdale

ROD looks to be off on 10:22 - Jun 26 by Brierls

ROD is another high earner who was signed on a two year deal. While we've had more value out of him than EEL and John, he's still been pretty average. If we can get him off the wage bill, it's better for Dale.

ROD has been a great 'club man', so he'd be missed from that perspective.

Pretty much echo what Brierls says. Been nothing more than average...some excellent games, but also quite a few poor ones. His weaknesses are exactly what my Bradford customer told me to expect, and I can't see him changing at 34 years old.
Rumoured to be a high earner here so not too bothered that he is off whilst wishing him well.
ROD looks to be off on 10:56 - Jun 26 with 5465 viewsfrenzied

Thought he was excellent in some games.

Not easy playing behind a back 4 at times who at times resembled the Marx brothers..

Wish him all the best..its a great move for him
ROD looks to be off on 11:15 - Jun 26 with 5390 viewsTrev

Some ridiculous comments here, though not unexpected. One of our best players last season and him being dropped was one of the main reasons we were relegated. Him signing for a league 1 club speaks volumes.
ROD looks to be off on 11:16 - Jun 26 with 5378 views49thseason

ROD looks to be off on 10:46 - Jun 26 by dawlishdale

Pretty much echo what Brierls says. Been nothing more than average...some excellent games, but also quite a few poor ones. His weaknesses are exactly what my Bradford customer told me to expect, and I can't see him changing at 34 years old.
Rumoured to be a high earner here so not too bothered that he is off whilst wishing him well.

If he was one of the biggest earners, getting him off the books is not a bad thing. Getting a decent keeper in within his salary range should be possible ... come on MRKT , get cracking and find us a good 'un. ( but with our current luck, Eastwood will be back next week....).
ROD looks to be off on 11:26 - Jun 26 with 5331 viewsHullDale

Feels like a good move for him - even as backup there he will probably be on more than here (especially if he had a relegation clause) and it might give him time to step into a coaching role too - I'm sure I saw somewhere he is doing his GK goalkeeping coaching badges.

He was one of our better performers last year... in a decent team he'd be classed as having an 'average' season, but because of the dross in front of him he stood out. He also seems like a genuinely decent bloke and always went above & beyond for the club, so its a shame we are losing a character who is a positive influence rather than more toxic elements of the dressing room.

This will be a real test now for the 'recruitment panel'... he is the first player we've sold (other than Brierley which has been known about for ages) so the first time the panel will need to react quickly and get somebody in. Pre-season starts this week!
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 11:40]
Login to get fewer ads

ROD looks to be off on 11:55 - Jun 26 with 5230 viewsdingdangblue

Can see us going down the season long loan route with this one.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

ROD looks to be off on 12:01 - Jun 26 with 5202 viewsNewbury_Dale

We would undoubtedly have to recruit a keeper, but I'd hope Brad Kelly is given a chance to show what he can do in pre-season. He's been around the first team setup a fair while now.
ROD looks to be off on 12:02 - Jun 26 with 5209 viewsEllDale

I'd like to think that there is already a Plan B in place for this very scenario.
ROD looks to be off on 12:03 - Jun 26 with 5207 viewsDaleFan7

He was my player of the season last season but it really wasn't a difficult task. He was steady without being spectacular. Certainly isn't irreplaceable though.

My main worry is that we get Bazunu 2.0 again rather than signing a proper goalkeeper.
ROD looks to be off on 12:45 - Jun 26 with 5028 viewseitoof

Another Robert Sanchez would be good though!
ROD looks to be off on 12:54 - Jun 26 with 4982 views49thseason

ROD looks to be off on 11:26 - Jun 26 by HullDale

Feels like a good move for him - even as backup there he will probably be on more than here (especially if he had a relegation clause) and it might give him time to step into a coaching role too - I'm sure I saw somewhere he is doing his GK goalkeeping coaching badges.

He was one of our better performers last year... in a decent team he'd be classed as having an 'average' season, but because of the dross in front of him he stood out. He also seems like a genuinely decent bloke and always went above & beyond for the club, so its a shame we are losing a character who is a positive influence rather than more toxic elements of the dressing room.

This will be a real test now for the 'recruitment panel'... he is the first player we've sold (other than Brierley which has been known about for ages) so the first time the panel will need to react quickly and get somebody in. Pre-season starts this week!
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 11:40]

In a sense, every player we sell, particularly the higher earners, the bigger the pot of cash to bring in players we need. O'Donnell didnt strike me as being any better than average and at his age was never going to improve. A good younger keeper would be ideal in our current circumstances and better a signing than a loan, unless of course we can get another Sanchez or Heaton from a Premiership club who would be capable of saving us 10 or 15 points across a season.
ROD looks to be off on 13:04 - Jun 26 with 4940 viewsSaxonDale

Presume McNulty will want a goalkeeper who is comfortable playing it out from the back so privately might not be too downhearted about getting rid of a presumably decent wage.

Good move for O'Donnell and for Blackpool too. He'll be excellent for the dressing room and I'm sure will be able to pass on some experience to the other players. All the best to him!
ROD looks to be off on 13:54 - Jun 26 with 4767 viewssxdale

ROD looks to be off on 12:01 - Jun 26 by Newbury_Dale

We would undoubtedly have to recruit a keeper, but I'd hope Brad Kelly is given a chance to show what he can do in pre-season. He's been around the first team setup a fair while now.

The time must surely be now for Brad Kelly he's been around the first team for a while, plus the fact we've dropped a division and he's been loaned out at national league north level. If we aren't going to give him a chance now then he may as well move on.
ROD looks to be off on 15:52 - Jun 26 with 4478 viewsDaleFan7

ROD looks to be off on 13:54 - Jun 26 by sxdale

The time must surely be now for Brad Kelly he's been around the first team for a while, plus the fact we've dropped a division and he's been loaned out at national league north level. If we aren't going to give him a chance now then he may as well move on.

It seems to be a recurring theme for the club to hold on to young goalkeepers and loan them out and then just release them. Seems like an odd way to operate, none of them have turned out to be first team players for us since Gilks.
ROD looks to be off on 16:01 - Jun 26 with 4456 viewsYorkshire_Dale

ROD looks to be off on 12:45 - Jun 26 by eitoof

Whatever happened to City Slicker last season, if he had not gone AWOL we might not have acquired Eastwood and all his problems?
ROD looks to be off on 16:05 - Jun 26 with 4444 viewsJames1980

Childish I know but I think the thread title should have been ROD Off?. Agree with the comments about him being and good club man. I think we would've been relegated with more games to go if it wasn't for him.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

ROD looks to be off on 16:05 - Jun 26 with 4445 viewsChaffRAFC

ROD looks to be off on 15:52 - Jun 26 by DaleFan7

It seems to be a recurring theme for the club to hold on to young goalkeepers and loan them out and then just release them. Seems like an odd way to operate, none of them have turned out to be first team players for us since Gilks.

They're very cheap back-ups in the hope that if needed, they can fill in briefly.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

ROD looks to be off on 16:55 - Jun 26 with 4270 viewsDaleFan7

ROD looks to be off on 16:05 - Jun 26 by ChaffRAFC

They're very cheap back-ups in the hope that if needed, they can fill in briefly.

They very rarely do though, we usually either have 2 keepers or get someone in on loan. Who was the last academy goalkeeper to make a league appearance for us?

Diba made a sub appearance about 10 years ago but I can't remember any other academy keeper doing off the top of my head since Gilks left.
ROD looks to be off on 17:00 - Jun 26 with 4247 viewsNorthernDale

ROD looks to be off on 11:55 - Jun 26 by dingdangblue

Can see us going down the season long loan route with this one.

Part of me is concerned that we are offloading our better players and how this will impact on this season, in terms of making at least a challenge to get back into the EFL. But at the same time, I can see it be being beneficial for O'Donnell in terms of his income and for the club in getting rid of an higher earner from the clubs books. Hopefully the board will not sell anymore of our decent players like Rodney, but that begs a question, 'do you think we may get a small fee for him'

I hope McNulty does not try to resign Jake Eastwood back on loan.
ROD looks to be off on 17:09 - Jun 26 with 4190 viewssxdale

ROD looks to be off on 17:00 - Jun 26 by NorthernDale

Part of me is concerned that we are offloading our better players and how this will impact on this season, in terms of making at least a challenge to get back into the EFL. But at the same time, I can see it be being beneficial for O'Donnell in terms of his income and for the club in getting rid of an higher earner from the clubs books. Hopefully the board will not sell anymore of our decent players like Rodney, but that begs a question, 'do you think we may get a small fee for him'

I hope McNulty does not try to resign Jake Eastwood back on loan.

Jimmy Mac,
Jimmy Mac,
Oh Jimmy Mac,
Don't bring Jake Eastwood back.
ROD looks to be off on 19:14 - Jun 26 with 3855 viewsfinberty

ROD looks to be off on 12:45 - Jun 26 by eitoof

Bazunu and Sanchez were both loan players.

Both were goalkeepers.

There the similarity ends.
ROD looks to be off on 19:15 - Jun 26 with 3855 viewsseasidedale

If we sign Eastwood, my family wil NOT be purchasing season tickets as planned
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024