Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Campbell out on Loan 11:02 - Jul 8 with 5099 viewsBainesy15

To Wealdstone. Weird one, why only a loan?
Campbell out on Loan on 11:10 - Jul 8 with 5042 viewsSuddenLad

Makes no sense, unless they have agreed to pay all his wages for the season, in lieu of us getting a fee, then he can depart at the end of the season.

Getting his salary off our wage bill will be the priority.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Campbell out on Loan on 11:43 - Jul 8 with 4933 views49thseason

Campbell out on Loan on 11:10 - Jul 8 by SuddenLad

Makes no sense, unless they have agreed to pay all his wages for the season, in lieu of us getting a fee, then he can depart at the end of the season.

Presumeably he wont be able to play against us.. his no-show at pre season left it inevitable that he would be on his way... did he just not turn up or did McNulty tell him not to bother..? Seems like stockdale's shopping expedition for non- league strikers has resulted in the square root of FA .
On the plus side, its another wage saved to put towards someone who actually wants to play for us and might score some goals or at least look interested.
Campbell out on Loan on 11:49 - Jul 8 with 4924 viewsIOMDale

I remember it being reported that we’d spent six figures on Tahv. Now, I’m not sure how accurate that is but if true, he has to go down as one of our worst-ever signings, value-for-money wise.

UTDNFS

Campbell out on Loan on 11:50 - Jul 8 with 4916 views49thseason

Presumeably he wont be able to play against us.. his no-show at pre season left it inevitable that he would be on his way... did he just not turn up or did McNulty tell him not to bother..? Seems like stockdale's shopping expedition for non- league strikers has resulted in the square root of FA .
On the plus side, its another wage saved to put towards someone who actually wants to play for us and might score some goals or at least look interested.
Campbell out on Loan on 11:55 - Jul 8 with 4898 viewsHullDale

from the official site...

"Rochdale Football Club can confirm that Tahvon Campbell has joined Wealdstone.

The forward joins The Stones on a season-long loan.

Campbell joined Dale in January 2022 and has made 21 appearances for the club during an injury-hit spell, scoring three times.

He spent the final two months of last season on loan at Aldershot Town, making nine appearances and scoring three goals.

The 26-year-old will not be eligble to play against Dale in the matches between the sides this season.

All the best, Tahv."
Campbell out on Loan on 12:42 - Jul 8 with 4768 viewsnordenblue

Campbell out on Loan on 11:49 - Jul 8 by IOMDale

I remember it being reported that we’d spent six figures on Tahv. Now, I’m not sure how accurate that is but if true, he has to go down as one of our worst-ever signings, value-for-money wise.

To be fair to the lad if he wins that prize, he's got some very stiff competition for the title...
Campbell out on Loan on 12:54 - Jul 8 with 4727 viewsBainesy15

Campbell out on Loan on 11:43 - Jul 8 by 49thseason

I think the last sentence is a bit harsh... he's been plagued by injuries, played out of position/in an unfamiliar role when he did have a run in the team or just not picked when fit under Bentley (although that could well be attitude based, we don't know). It has been disastrous and yes the money would be better spent elsewhere but I'm not sure you could say he never looked interested or never wanted to play
Campbell out on Loan on 13:21 - Jul 8 with 4647 viewsAtThePeake

We have to be realistic in terms of who would've actually wanted Campbell. The fact he's gone to Wealdstone suggests there weren't clubs queuing round the corner to sign him and given the fee we paid, he is probably on a very decent wage here for a National League player.

If Wealdstone were paying all of his wages, I suspect we'd have simply let him leave on a free, but the fact he's gone on loan suggests to me that we'll be paying a percentage of his wages for the next 12 months as Wealdstone weren't willing to offer him the full amount of what he's earning here.

Ideally, somebody would've taken him off our hands permanently and we wouldn't be paying a percentage of his wages but from his point of view there's no point in taking a wage cut if it's to be avoided and from our point of view at least it gets us something back into the wage budget rather than having him hanging around picking up a full wage for nothing all season.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Campbell out on Loan on 15:57 - Jul 8 with 4323 viewsNorthernDale

Sadly it was expected, he was apparently was not happy in the north, but good luck to him.
Campbell out on Loan on 16:18 - Jul 8 with 4267 viewsfrenzied

Will be interesting to see how many games he actually plays this season.

Homesick?...possibly but its not like moving overseas with a different language and culture to settle in to.
Campbell out on Loan on 16:56 - Jul 8 with 4171 viewsturnthescrew

Campbell out on Loan on 16:18 - Jul 8 by frenzied

Will be interesting to see how many games he actually plays this season.

Homesick?...possibly but its not like moving overseas with a different language and culture to settle in to.

He scored this afternoon. First start.
Campbell out on Loan on 17:35 - Jul 8 with 4059 viewsTomRAFC

Campbell out on Loan on 13:21 - Jul 8 by AtThePeake

We have to be realistic in terms of who would've actually wanted Campbell. The fact he's gone to Wealdstone suggests there weren't clubs queuing round the corner to sign him and given the fee we paid, he is probably on a very decent wage here for a National League player.

If Wealdstone were paying all of his wages, I suspect we'd have simply let him leave on a free, but the fact he's gone on loan suggests to me that we'll be paying a percentage of his wages for the next 12 months as Wealdstone weren't willing to offer him the full amount of what he's earning here.

Ideally, somebody would've taken him off our hands permanently and we wouldn't be paying a percentage of his wages but from his point of view there's no point in taking a wage cut if it's to be avoided and from our point of view at least it gets us something back into the wage budget rather than having him hanging around picking up a full wage for nothing all season.

Spot on.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Campbell out on Loan on 18:07 - Jul 8 with 3963 viewsEllDale

I’m not so sure about all this not liking the north.
He’s not from the south of England but from Birmingham.
That makes me suspect that there’s a Jimmy Shan connection and that he took his bat and ball home when Shan got sacked.
Just a guess of course.
The bottom line anyway is that we blew the Beesley money on Campbell and Charman which was hardly wise reinvestment.
Campbell out on Loan on 18:31 - Jul 8 with 3909 viewsscarrow

Campbell out on Loan on 18:07 - Jul 8 by EllDale

That makes me suspect that there’s a Jimmy Shan connection and that he took his bat and ball home when Shan got sacked.
Just a guess of course.
The bottom line anyway is that we blew the Beesley money on Campbell and Charman which was hardly wise reinvestment.

don't forget Ball

Poll: Final position

Campbell out on Loan on 18:44 - Jul 8 with 3855 viewsEllDale

I was working on the theory that the Beesley money financed the purchases of Campbell and Charman whereas Ball’s signing was funded by the sale of Aaron Morley.
I take your point though in hindsight it was an window.
Partly blamed by Stockdale and Shan later on their inexperience in the transfer market and the lack of a DOF.
Campbell out on Loan on 19:01 - Jul 8 with 3798 viewsTVOS1907

Campbell out on Loan on 18:07 - Jul 8 by EllDale

Just a guess of course.

But he could still have been homesick for wherever he was based.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Campbell out on Loan on 20:18 - Jul 8 with 3678 viewsBrierls

Our thanks should go to Stockdale and Shan for this complete and utter mess. A criminal lack of knowledge and research on players signed with the Beesley/Morley money burning a hole in their pocket.

Campbell got rave reviews from Woking fans but realistically he’s had a purple patch for a few months, having never done that at multiple clubs previously. His heart was clearly not in it, whether that’s down to injury, home sickness or a combination of things. He’ll probably score a few goals for Wealdstone if he can be bothered.

As said above, we’ve probably done the best we can in a rubbish situation. We’ve been unable to get rid of him on a free, a very decent wage and terrible injury record doesn’t exactly scream value for money for anybody recruiting. At that point we’ve got a decision to make whether to take what we can from a club paying a percentage of his wages on loan, or keeping him with very little prospect of him playing because he doesn’t want to be here. Whatever we’re getting from Wealdstone goes back into the budget.
Campbell out on Loan on 23:01 - Jul 8 with 3418 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Campbell out on Loan on 18:44 - Jul 8 by EllDale

I was working on the theory that the Beesley money financed the purchases of Campbell and Charman whereas Ball’s signing was funded by the sale of Aaron Morley.
I take your point though in hindsight it was an window.
Partly blamed by Stockdale and Shan later on their inexperience in the transfer market and the lack of a DOF.

When you see the players named involved in this exchange it's quite alarming what we lost and what we "gained"....royally pissed on.
Campbell out on Loan on 23:04 - Jul 8 with 3417 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Campbell out on Loan on 19:01 - Jul 8 by TVOS1907

But he could still have been homesick for wherever he was based.

.....true, even if he came from Shawforth.
Campbell out on Loan on 09:03 - Jul 9 with 3182 viewsNewbury_Dale

Linking back up with Max Kretchmer who was his main supply line at Woking. I could see him doing well at Wealdstone if he stays fit. Do we have an option on his contract for next year ?
Campbell out on Loan on 12:47 - Jul 9 with 2907 viewsrkershaw

Campbell out on Loan on 09:03 - Jul 9 by Newbury_Dale

Linking back up with Max Kretchmer who was his main supply line at Woking. I could see him doing well at Wealdstone if he stays fit. Do we have an option on his contract for next year ?

When Tyrese went out on loan to Alty last season didn't expect him to come back......
Campbell out on Loan on 17:36 - Jul 9 with 2660 viewselectricblue

Campbell out on Loan on 20:18 - Jul 8 by Brierls

Our thanks should go to Stockdale and Shan for this complete and utter mess. A criminal lack of knowledge and research on players signed with the Beesley/Morley money burning a hole in their pocket.

Campbell got rave reviews from Woking fans but realistically he’s had a purple patch for a few months, having never done that at multiple clubs previously. His heart was clearly not in it, whether that’s down to injury, home sickness or a combination of things. He’ll probably score a few goals for Wealdstone if he can be bothered.

As said above, we’ve probably done the best we can in a rubbish situation. We’ve been unable to get rid of him on a free, a very decent wage and terrible injury record doesn’t exactly scream value for money for anybody recruiting. At that point we’ve got a decision to make whether to take what we can from a club paying a percentage of his wages on loan, or keeping him with very little prospect of him playing because he doesn’t want to be here. Whatever we’re getting from Wealdstone goes back into the budget.

The worrying factor is why does Campbell not want to be here.....

Is it actually down to Stockdale, Shan and even Bentley ?

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Campbell out on Loan on 19:30 - Jul 9 with 2509 viewsJames1980

Campbell out on Loan on 17:36 - Jul 9 by electricblue

The worrying factor is why does Campbell not want to be here.....

Is it actually down to Stockdale, Shan and even Bentley ?

I'd be worried if no players had signed for us or signed contract extensions or multiple players who will still be under contract at the start of the season hadn't turned up to the open day and training.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Campbell out on Loan on 15:10 - Jul 10 with 1973 viewsfinberty

I do hate the way Rochdale keeps moving around on the map. It was a bad marriage that saw Campbell sign when Rochdale happened to be in the north.

Shouldn't happen.
Campbell out on Loan on 15:44 - Jul 10 with 1914 viewsSaxonDale

I think the signing of Campbell, Charman and Ball were when alarm bells started to ring for some. Yes, they had injuries, but as a club we never seemed to really have any idea how they were going to feature, something which was further highlighted by Stockdale's summer recruitment.

When we played Exeter in April that year Stockdale stated he had an eye on the following season, suggesting it influenced the squad he picked but then only 8 of the 18 ended up being retained the following year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024