Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale Sign Valiant On Loan 17:40 - Aug 10 with 4151 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Dale Sign Valiant On Loan 10th Aug 2023 17:35
Rochdale have replaced the recently recalled Cody Johnson with another young midfielder, Tommy McDermott. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 07:32 - Aug 11 with 3711 viewsDrigdale

I don't know the player and my comments are certainly not aimed at him but this must be one of the most underwhelming signings in recent times. This is backed by the lack of comments and posts since yesterday.
Our transfer policy now seems to be to sign lower league youth team players and Sunday league players. What does that say about our ambitions?
Jim McNulty said at the recent forum he wouldn't sign players just to fill spaces and the must be of the right quality to meet our ambitions. Please convince me this signing doesn't just smack of desperation.
I fear this season is going to be one hell of a struggle unless things change dramatically.
Anyway welcome Tommy McDermott to the Dale. I hope you prove me wrong.
Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 07:42 - Aug 11 with 3696 viewsSandyDrum

Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 07:32 - Aug 11 by Drigdale

I don't know the player and my comments are certainly not aimed at him but this must be one of the most underwhelming signings in recent times. This is backed by the lack of comments and posts since yesterday.
Our transfer policy now seems to be to sign lower league youth team players and Sunday league players. What does that say about our ambitions?
Jim McNulty said at the recent forum he wouldn't sign players just to fill spaces and the must be of the right quality to meet our ambitions. Please convince me this signing doesn't just smack of desperation.
I fear this season is going to be one hell of a struggle unless things change dramatically.

Out of curiosity have you missed the leading story over the past few months where we’re completely and utterly skint and have just had to take out a loan to keep the club afloat?

Get used to these kinds of signings, they’re all we can afford - looks like the creative attacking midfielder who’s hungry to play football that we need!

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 09:00 - Aug 11 with 3584 viewsDrigdale

Perhaps the harsh reality of the situation is kicking in for those of us who didn't want to believe the position was as bad as it is.
Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 09:23 - Aug 11 with 3519 viewsBluebottle

He is a highly thought of young midfielder from a Division 1 club. Keen to play, and show what he is capable of .
Not being funny but he is taking a fair step down to play for a National League Club, so if anything we have done well to get him.
Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 10:06 - Aug 11 with 3398 viewsD_Alien

Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 07:42 - Aug 11 by SandyDrum

Out of curiosity have you missed the leading story over the past few months where we’re completely and utterly skint and have just had to take out a loan to keep the club afloat?

Get used to these kinds of signings, they’re all we can afford - looks like the creative attacking midfielder who’s hungry to play football that we need!

The loan hasn't been made yet nor a date set for it; the EGM was to make provision for it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 10:09 - Aug 11 with 3393 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

I’ll take a young lad who’s keen to improve & impress any day over some has been (or never was) petulant whinger who can’t be arsed breaking a sweat & takes to social media to berate the paying customers who have the temerity to criticise him!!
Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 10:20 - Aug 11 with 3347 viewsDalenet

I get the lack of excitement, but I am hoping that McNulty has spoken with Flicker and he has recommended him. I think Flicker is still the Director of Football there. Just hoping that this is an old pals act and we get somebody with good potential and it's a win-win for both the player and the clubs
Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 10:45 - Aug 11 with 3291 viewsjonahwhereru

On paper this lad looks at least as far forward in his career as Johnson, who was on the bench on Saturday.
His record at Salisbury was very impactful, although this represents a step up from his stint there. I also expect that he has progressed since then. The Rochdale connection via Flitcroft was likely a factor.
I am happy enough with this. Hope we are all calling for the loan to be extended to the full season in due course.
Login to get fewer ads

Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 10:54 - Aug 11 with 3257 viewsspringfieldparka

A bit like the Brentford transfer policy then ?
Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 12:14 - Aug 11 with 3047 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 10:09 - Aug 11 by Plattyswrinklynuts

I’ll take a young lad who’s keen to improve & impress any day over some has been (or never was) petulant whinger who can’t be arsed breaking a sweat & takes to social media to berate the paying customers who have the temerity to criticise him!!

You got it there......someone who is keen as mustard and willing to put in the hard work (Bit like our boy Nevett?) and not as lazy and useless as some of the players this Club has paid good money for and we now find ourselves skint as a result.

Good luck young fella, do the business.
Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 12:16 - Aug 11 with 3041 viewsfrenzied

Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 12:14 - Aug 11 by Yorkshire_Dale

You got it there......someone who is keen as mustard and willing to put in the hard work (Bit like our boy Nevett?) and not as lazy and useless as some of the players this Club has paid good money for and we now find ourselves skint as a result.

Good luck young fella, do the business.

Well Said.....
Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 17:12 - Aug 11 with 2714 viewsdavidab2202

Me too, welcome young man ,just go out and shut any doubters up with your performances
To be fair before we whinge about this type of signings ,we must remember just were we stand in the football pyramid .Five years ago we would send young players out into Non-League football to give them the chance to play in "Men's Football" as part of their development
He is at a League one club and I would have thought that the days of getting young players on loan from Premiership or even Championship clubs are now over unless it is someone who has completely lost his way and needs a bit of a culture shock in an attempt to get him back on track
Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 21:08 - Aug 11 with 2470 viewsfinberty

Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 17:12 - Aug 11 by davidab2202

Me too, welcome young man ,just go out and shut any doubters up with your performances
To be fair before we whinge about this type of signings ,we must remember just were we stand in the football pyramid .Five years ago we would send young players out into Non-League football to give them the chance to play in "Men's Football" as part of their development
He is at a League one club and I would have thought that the days of getting young players on loan from Premiership or even Championship clubs are now over unless it is someone who has completely lost his way and needs a bit of a culture shock in an attempt to get him back on track

Correct. The baleful legacy left by Bottomley, BBM, Bentley and others who thought relegation, from any division, acceptable.

Good luck lad. Give your best and you will be backed.
Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 21:23 - Aug 11 with 2437 viewsD_Alien

Dale Sign Valiant On Loan on 21:08 - Aug 11 by finberty

Correct. The baleful legacy left by Bottomley, BBM, Bentley and others who thought relegation, from any division, acceptable.

Good luck lad. Give your best and you will be backed.

Agree, except i doubt Bentley thought relegation was acceptable - he just couldn't prevent it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024