Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fixture Board 07:05 - Aug 14 with 4664 viewsRodingdale

Does anyone know where it’s gone? I noticed it’s been removed from the Wilbutts Sandy Lane junction and replaced by a poster. It deals with he issue of having to update it regularly during the season, but the poster covers just the next few games and will need to be replaced itself.

Hopefully the old board wasn’t just scrapped? It’s a small piece of heritage which could have been repurposed…..
Fixture Board on 14:08 - Aug 14 with 4441 viewsDaleaholic

The fixture board was wooden and did look pretty scruffy. Also needed someone to change it after each game.

It's the perfect location for an LED scrolling sign advertising tickets / matches.

https://pioneerled.uk/shop/ols/products/291x35cm-outdoor-double-line-scrolling-s

Not necessarily the cheapest but it would catch attention of people passing. Easy to change what appears on the sign and could be utilised in sponsorship packages so sponsors get internal and external advertising?

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Fixture Board on 14:29 - Aug 14 with 4396 viewsDalenet

Fixture Board on 14:08 - Aug 14 by Daleaholic

The fixture board was wooden and did look pretty scruffy. Also needed someone to change it after each game.

It's the perfect location for an LED scrolling sign advertising tickets / matches.

https://pioneerled.uk/shop/ols/products/291x35cm-outdoor-double-line-scrolling-s

Not necessarily the cheapest but it would catch attention of people passing. Easy to change what appears on the sign and could be utilised in sponsorship packages so sponsors get internal and external advertising?

Are these vandal proof? Would also need planning permission too given it faces onto the outlook of residential houses opposite. Given we are broke, is it worth the effort right now?
Fixture Board on 14:37 - Aug 14 with 4371 viewsDaleaholic

Fixture Board on 14:29 - Aug 14 by Dalenet

Are these vandal proof? Would also need planning permission too given it faces onto the outlook of residential houses opposite. Given we are broke, is it worth the effort right now?

Vandal proof? No idea - I'd imagine you could have a casing made for it...

Planning Permission? No idea - Perhaps only allowed to have it on between certain hours or reduce the brightness when necessary.

Given we are broke, is it worth the effort right now? The same defeatist attitude of the current board. I'm not suggesting this will bring in £860,000 in the next 6 months but if we start with basics of having methods of generating interest & income, you set yourself up to succeed.

Fixture Board on 17:30 - Aug 14 with 4161 viewsDalenet

Fixture Board on 14:37 - Aug 14 by Daleaholic

Vandal proof? No idea - I'd imagine you could have a casing made for it...

Planning Permission? No idea - Perhaps only allowed to have it on between certain hours or reduce the brightness when necessary.

Given we are broke, is it worth the effort right now? The same defeatist attitude of the current board. I'm not suggesting this will bring in £860,000 in the next 6 months but if we start with basics of having methods of generating interest & income, you set yourself up to succeed.

Thanks for your supportive last point. If we have any cash knocking around it might be helpful to have a second person join the commercial team. You can't make money if there is nobody around to take it
Fixture Board on 08:40 - Aug 15 with 3831 viewsDaleaholic

Fixture Board on 17:30 - Aug 14 by Dalenet

Thanks for your supportive last point. If we have any cash knocking around it might be helpful to have a second person join the commercial team. You can't make money if there is nobody around to take it

What's the point. You beg for your second member of staff.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 16:34]

Fixture Board on 14:53 - Aug 15 with 3615 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Fixture Board on 17:30 - Aug 14 by Dalenet

Talking of which, (missing out on cash) did anyone hear more about the ticket office being closed against Ebsfleet? Did the punter get his 3 tickets?
Fixture Board on 15:13 - Aug 15 with 3581 viewsDale_4_Life

Fixture Board on 14:53 - Aug 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

Talking of which, (missing out on cash) did anyone hear more about the ticket office being closed against Ebsfleet? Did the punter get his 3 tickets?

I am sorry to report it was 4 tickets (2 adults and 2 kids) and no they had a change of heart / decided to do something else that afternoon..

The chap arrived just after 09.00am (he says it was almost 09.10am and the shutters were down and the door closed / locked. On the opening Saturday it was discussed that all the excitement of the brand new season kick off and the ticket office was not open as advertised (09.00am).

The only hope is we learn and get better. I am trying to encourage the same 2 friends to come again soon with there 2 kids.
Fixture Board on 17:12 - Aug 15 with 3435 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Fixture Board on 15:13 - Aug 15 by Dale_4_Life

I am sorry to report it was 4 tickets (2 adults and 2 kids) and no they had a change of heart / decided to do something else that afternoon..

The chap arrived just after 09.00am (he says it was almost 09.10am and the shutters were down and the door closed / locked. On the opening Saturday it was discussed that all the excitement of the brand new season kick off and the ticket office was not open as advertised (09.00am).

The only hope is we learn and get better. I am trying to encourage the same 2 friends to come again soon with there 2 kids.

Thanks for the update on that very sad saga Dale4........it's not just the ticket money lost to the Club, it's the huge loss of goodwill and perhaps a bit of cash at the kiosks, and on it goes.

it's SO disappointing.
Login to get fewer ads

Fixture Board on 17:48 - Aug 15 with 3389 views49thseason

Fixture Board on 17:12 - Aug 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

Thanks for the update on that very sad saga Dale4........it's not just the ticket money lost to the Club, it's the huge loss of goodwill and perhaps a bit of cash at the kiosks, and on it goes.

it's SO disappointing.

Just imagine the loss if we have lost 4 potential lifelong supporters....
Say 12 games per season at £50 per game... thats £600 then multiply that by 10, 20, or 30 seasons...you can double that for 23 games a season and a cup game, not to mention a couple of pies, drinks and chocolates for the kids and replica shirts for the kids every season...if we don't look after our supporters and potential supporters, someone else will.
Fixture Board on 20:19 - Aug 17 with 3025 viewsRodingdale

The reason why I posted is to draw attention to the fact that the fixture board has been removed. I appreciate that in a digital age this may be seen as “progress”, but in my view it was part of the identity of the ground.

I have a photo of that corner of the ground, taken before the Tottenham cup game; the fixture board taking centre stage, memorabilia seller - set up stall beneath, fans thronging around and on closer inspection of my photo there’s a Spurs fan taking a picture of the fixture board. In the digital age it was something relatable, anchored in history, ROCHDALE v ………………..

To me supporting Dale is as much about memories, and being part of something which has his history and heritage, let’s face it we have very little by way of glory or trophies - little old fashioned things like the standing terrace, the Ratcliffe and the fixture board have (had!) a value.

My suspicion is that there’s no one on the board who understands what the club means to people in the town. Little things like removing the fixture board, to me, show they just don’t get it.

I’d like to think that the fixture board, and presumably a set of opposition team name boards, is being carefully preserved for a future use, as befitting an item of history and heritage, not languishing in a skip. If it’s the latter, what’s next?
Fixture Board on 20:32 - Aug 17 with 2986 views442Dale

Presumably the new banner has also got sponsors on it to not only cover its cost, but also raise further revenue, especially considering the current financial situation.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fixture Board on 20:56 - Aug 17 with 2930 viewsRodingdale

Fixture Board on 20:32 - Aug 17 by 442Dale

Presumably the new banner has also got sponsors on it to not only cover its cost, but also raise further revenue, especially considering the current financial situation.

The cheap looking vinyl poster has been fixed to the wall under where the board was. So it could have been there as well. My central point is about the value, history and heritage of RAFC.
Fixture Board on 21:09 - Aug 17 with 2914 viewsD_Alien

Fixture Board on 20:19 - Aug 17 by Rodingdale

The reason why I posted is to draw attention to the fact that the fixture board has been removed. I appreciate that in a digital age this may be seen as “progress”, but in my view it was part of the identity of the ground.

I have a photo of that corner of the ground, taken before the Tottenham cup game; the fixture board taking centre stage, memorabilia seller - set up stall beneath, fans thronging around and on closer inspection of my photo there’s a Spurs fan taking a picture of the fixture board. In the digital age it was something relatable, anchored in history, ROCHDALE v ………………..

To me supporting Dale is as much about memories, and being part of something which has his history and heritage, let’s face it we have very little by way of glory or trophies - little old fashioned things like the standing terrace, the Ratcliffe and the fixture board have (had!) a value.

My suspicion is that there’s no one on the board who understands what the club means to people in the town. Little things like removing the fixture board, to me, show they just don’t get it.

I’d like to think that the fixture board, and presumably a set of opposition team name boards, is being carefully preserved for a future use, as befitting an item of history and heritage, not languishing in a skip. If it’s the latter, what’s next?

I think your point about understanding Dale as being a representative of the town on a national stage rings true. I've had this conversation with a few supporters. Any incoming investment is likely to understand this even less, but that's where we are

The week in week out results - although a welcome relief from off-field matters - just aren't impacting me the way they should due to our circumstances. The joy at our win last Saturday was unbridled, but short-lived

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fixture Board on 21:16 - Aug 17 with 2900 views442Dale

Fixture Board on 21:09 - Aug 17 by D_Alien

I think your point about understanding Dale as being a representative of the town on a national stage rings true. I've had this conversation with a few supporters. Any incoming investment is likely to understand this even less, but that's where we are

The week in week out results - although a welcome relief from off-field matters - just aren't impacting me the way they should due to our circumstances. The joy at our win last Saturday was unbridled, but short-lived

Some really good points on this thread that aren’t necessarily about the initial subject matter.

It’s obvious that this needs addressing, but more importantly, accepting without others trying to rationalise when actual action should be looked at being taken.

Fixture Board on 22:30 - Aug 17 with 2814 viewsDalenet

Fixture Board on 20:19 - Aug 17 by Rodingdale

All very valid points.
Fixture Board on 21:03 - Aug 29 with 2319 viewsRodingdale

As of this morning the cheap vinyl poster needs replacing with a new one to cover the forthcoming fixtures. Reassuring to see the updating of the new fixtures remains as consistently shoddy as it was for the old board.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2023 6:37]
Fixture Board on 21:08 - Aug 29 with 2299 views442Dale

Fixture Board on 21:03 - Aug 29 by Rodingdale

As of this morning the cheap vinyl poster needs replacing with a new one to cover the forthcoming fixtures. Reassuring to see the updating of the new fixtures remains as consistently shoddy as it was for the old board.

It came up at the Trust meeting with fans last week. The general consensus was it wasn’t great, especially the visibility. Believe it will be reported back, and the Trust meets with the board/club staff reps this Thursday so would expect an update in their report from that.

Fixture Board on 10:24 - Aug 30 with 2085 viewsDale_4_Life

Fixture Board on 21:03 - Aug 29 by Rodingdale

My heart sank a little as i drove past this morning.

The 4 fixtures currently on the vinyl poster finished last Friday.

There is zero mention now of upcoming fixtures and we have an attractive home game on Saturday that the casual fan might (or might not) know about...

Halifax at Home is one of the stand out home fixtures.. probably only 2nd to Oldham.

Sadly another own goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024