Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet 09:55 - Sep 14 with 14094 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Dale vs Barnet 14th Sep 2023 09:54
A tough test faces Jim McNulty's men this weekend as the National League's early pace-setters Barnet make the trip to Spotland. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 07:24 - Sep 15 with 8532 viewsTalkingSutty

Get stuck into them from the first whistle and disrupt them, play like we are the home team and move the ball with some urgency. If we do that and lose the game to a better team i don't think many will complain. Sitting back and inviting them on to us, starting games like we are still in the changing rooms isn't acceptable.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 10:12 - Sep 15 with 8397 viewsA_Newby

I think so far in all the matches played this season the performances have been close, and we have not played a team that has looked inherently stronger than the Dale but neither have we looked significantly stronger than any of the opposition.

I think the results have largely been down to differences in the tactics teams have used.

I think on occasions our style of play and tactical naivety has caused our own downfall, in particular the game against Bromley when we were 2-1 up against a team with 10 men.

We continued to attack in the same way with both wing backs being ahead of the ball in the final third of the pitch much of the time so when we eventually lost possession a quick break was always on.

However, playing with Jimmy Keohane and Cameron John as wing backs high up the pitch has given us some attacking success, two of our three penalties this season were from fouls on those two wingbacks when they were the farthest player forward and, in both cases, resulted in the opposition also having a player red carded.

Cameron John could possibly have had two or three goals this season if he had had a bit of luck, or he was a better finisher.

I think Barton will be tougher opposition, it will be interesting to see how we play the match, if we try to stick with the same style and if so, how successful it is.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 10:52 - Sep 15 with 8339 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 10:12 - Sep 15 by A_Newby

I think so far in all the matches played this season the performances have been close, and we have not played a team that has looked inherently stronger than the Dale but neither have we looked significantly stronger than any of the opposition.

I think the results have largely been down to differences in the tactics teams have used.

I think on occasions our style of play and tactical naivety has caused our own downfall, in particular the game against Bromley when we were 2-1 up against a team with 10 men.

We continued to attack in the same way with both wing backs being ahead of the ball in the final third of the pitch much of the time so when we eventually lost possession a quick break was always on.

However, playing with Jimmy Keohane and Cameron John as wing backs high up the pitch has given us some attacking success, two of our three penalties this season were from fouls on those two wingbacks when they were the farthest player forward and, in both cases, resulted in the opposition also having a player red carded.

Cameron John could possibly have had two or three goals this season if he had had a bit of luck, or he was a better finisher.

I think Barton will be tougher opposition, it will be interesting to see how we play the match, if we try to stick with the same style and if so, how successful it is.

Did you go to the last home match?
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 11:48 - Sep 15 with 8260 viewsA_Newby

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 10:52 - Sep 15 by TalkingSutty

Did you go to the last home match?

Yes I've been to all home matches and York and Kidderminster away.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 11:13 - Sep 16 with 7790 viewsjonahwhereru

At last we get to a game many have been waiting for, a test against a perceived top team. The doubters will be anticipating us being out played. The optimists will be hoping to see us stand up well to them and see out a victory.
Whilst both are feasible outcomes I just think we will be very competitive in this one. Defensively we have been decent enough. The midfield can be a match for any in this league. But what about the forwards? My view is if they see more of the ball they will do ok. Playing a second wide man will help Sinclair, who has been getting plenty of attention from the opposition.
Would love to get the win, but me bones are saying a score draw. But an entertaining display is actually the most thing for today. The fans need that.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 14:06 - Sep 16 with 7589 viewsEllDale

This is the acid test of where we are in this league.
I saw Barnet at Halifax towards the end of last season when they were really impressive.
And their away record was decent then as well.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 16:36 - Sep 16 with 7079 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Have we got the minerals to hold on at 3-2........?
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 17:04 - Sep 16 with 6927 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 16:36 - Sep 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

Have we got the minerals to hold on at 3-2........?

Yes! we can........GET IN!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 17:28 - Sep 16 with 6706 views442Dale

Best performance of the season and the perfect example of how playing to our strengths makes us a good side. Knowing when to go direct and in behind their defence won that game and it creates real problems for the opposition when we do.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 17:37 - Sep 16 with 6600 viewsisitme

A really impressive performance against a good side. Their centre forward was a real handful and made the most of what the ref allowed him to get away with. Having both Jez and Sinclair gives us a real threat down both sides. When Rodney is back to fitness we have a decent team with options to play different ways. I was really impressed with Nevett and John had one of his better games.

I thought we did pretty well when they brought it back to 3-2. In the past we would have caved, but there seems to be more effort and camaraderie amongst the players.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 17:40 - Sep 16 with 6560 viewsjonahwhereru

I’ve had more than a sniff of the barman’s apron today so I will keep this short for now. I am hoping, probably foolishly, that a victory will bring more comments on here than a defeat.
But there is always somethings the manager and team did wrong in a game. So those that done normally post don’t when Dale do well please feel free to go to town on why we didn’t execute the game as well as we should have.
Obviously I look forward to those that give a considered critic to post views on what could be even better.
Going to sleep it off now.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 17:41 - Sep 16 with 6543 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 17:37 - Sep 16 by isitme

A really impressive performance against a good side. Their centre forward was a real handful and made the most of what the ref allowed him to get away with. Having both Jez and Sinclair gives us a real threat down both sides. When Rodney is back to fitness we have a decent team with options to play different ways. I was really impressed with Nevett and John had one of his better games.

I thought we did pretty well when they brought it back to 3-2. In the past we would have caved, but there seems to be more effort and camaraderie amongst the players.

Yes. Brilliant win and special mention for Cameron John's goal line clearance when it was 3-2. Won us the game.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 17:50 - Sep 16 with 6429 viewsDalenet

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 17:40 - Sep 16 by jonahwhereru

I’ve had more than a sniff of the barman’s apron today so I will keep this short for now. I am hoping, probably foolishly, that a victory will bring more comments on here than a defeat.
But there is always somethings the manager and team did wrong in a game. So those that done normally post don’t when Dale do well please feel free to go to town on why we didn’t execute the game as well as we should have.
Obviously I look forward to those that give a considered critic to post views on what could be even better.
Going to sleep it off now.

Why such a negative post. Most people only just getting in. Just enjoy the win
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 17:54 - Sep 16 with 6386 viewsjonahwhereru

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 17:50 - Sep 16 by Dalenet

Why such a negative post. Most people only just getting in. Just enjoy the win

Point missed or what!!!!
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 18:10 - Sep 16 with 6240 viewsDaleiLama

Really enjoyed that. Feels good to leave Spotland after a comprehensive win for us. Not a bad performance anywhere on the pitch and we finally took more chances than we wasted. Brilliant and against top of the league made it feel even sweeter. If Kairo can just be coached to run into space instead of tracking between 2 defenders when we are attacking, we could have bagged even more. Our 2nd goal typified how easy football should be. Quick early balls, good decision making, crisp passing and decisive finishing. A joy to watch. Cheers BJ and the boys
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 9:58]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 19:00 - Sep 16 with 5873 viewsBarrowdale

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 18:10 - Sep 16 by DaleiLama

Really enjoyed that. Feels good to leave Spotland after a comprehensive win for us. Not a bad performance anywhere on the pitch and we finally took more chances than we wasted. Brilliant and against top of the league made it feel even sweeter. If Kairo can just be coached to run into space instead of tracking between 2 defenders when we are attacking, we could have bagged even more. Our 2nd goal typified how easy football should be. Quick early balls, good decision making, crisp passing and decisive finishing. A joy to watch. Cheers BJ and the boys
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 9:58]

Watched abroad on tv. Much better today against a good side. There is hope!!🤞👍🏻
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 19:13 - Sep 16 with 5764 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 17:41 - Sep 16 by dingdangblue

Yes. Brilliant win and special mention for Cameron John's goal line clearance when it was 3-2. Won us the game.

Good shout that. We have a group of players that are becoming a team before our eyes, they aren't the finished article obviously but you can tell that they enjoy playing together. If they continue to evolve as the season progresses then who knows what might happen. We should be looking up not down now and for that full credit needs to go to the manager, alongside the players who look like they are proud to represent our club. As fans that's all we ask for.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 19:45 - Sep 16 with 5563 viewsrafc1984

Great game today, really enjoyed it. Credit where its due, Jim got the tactics right and we played exceptionally well against a good side in this league.
More of this please UTD
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 19:48 - Sep 16 with 5546 viewsEllDale

I’ve got to echo all those comments about team spirit and camaderie. All obviously forged at Platt Lane.
Moulden celebrated Sinclair’s goal with as much enthusiasm as if he’d scored it himself.
The other three goals were a joy to watch, great football.
Barnet were exactly as expected - that centre forward is a real handful and not scared to put himself about. They wanted to get ball into the box at every opportunity. God knows how many crosses they got in today and we were really under the pump for long periods of the second half.
Dale seemed to start at a different tempo to the Halifax game or was it different tactics from the opposition that gave more room today?
Anyone could have got the MOM an award. I’ve got to mention SAJ though. Terrific thoroughout.
And BJ’s recruitment has been immense. Moulden, Clayton, East, Gilmour.
And the rehabilation of John and Sinclair has been eye opening.
Credit to BJ for the substitutions as well. Got them exactly right, especially the introduction of Hendo when we needed someone to hold the ball up and calm things down. He was the perfect player to be on the spot for that fourth goal.
The team was a lot better balanced with Jez on the right as well. He seemed to enjoy his interaction with the Sandy after he was subbed.
I for one got giddy after the Eastleigh result, perhaps misguidedly, but the future looks rosy tonight.
Interesting to note too that, as the table begins to take shape, that Bromley and Woking are both up there, teams some people on here were so dismissive of after we’d played them.
Perhaps the start to the season hasn’t been as easy as Chris Millington suggested!
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 19:50]
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 19:54 - Sep 16 with 5493 views49thseason

Excellent effort today against a big side who pinged the ball around really well. Impressed by the ball in behind them for Ty and Uche to run onto, it seems we are developing a style of play that is becoming increasingly effective. Adding goals to it the style of play is a real bonus they were well crafted and executed efforts that we haven't seen the like of for a long time. Still early days but it was a good watch today, well done everyone, we are getting our club back one game at a time.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 19:56 - Sep 16 with 5486 viewsIOMDale

Great to read so much positivity on here - had a sneaking suspicion we’d turn Barnet over today. Didn’t get to watch the game but can’t wait to see the highlights.

How’s the retro shirt in person? I missed out but it looks terrific.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 20:16 - Sep 16 with 5350 viewsNorthernDale

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 17:28 - Sep 16 by 442Dale

Best performance of the season and the perfect example of how playing to our strengths makes us a good side. Knowing when to go direct and in behind their defence won that game and it creates real problems for the opposition when we do.

Totally agree, we have a small, but a decent squad and when we play like we did today, I feel we capable enough to beat most teams. Sinclair and Jez played very well, using two wingers with pace, put their defence on the back foot, and allowed us to create chances, which we have struggled to do at times this season. Young George Nevett deserved his M.o.M award, for a 17 year old, he looks a good talent.

One concern the nature of their first goal, their striker had a free header and Moulden had no chance, it is a defensive issue, which as been a concerned for some seasons. But today was an excellent performance and should hopefully gives us something to build on, with us being in the playoffs. The referee deserves credit for applying common sense in how he controlled the game, in comparison some of the refs in the NL who have very poor.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 20:19 - Sep 16 with 5332 viewsmikehunt

Moulden did a great job spraying the ball forward, trying to find the Fresh Prince. A really good tactic that paid off today.
Must mention John’s diving, on line clearance, too. It absolutely kept us in the game as we were being battered at that point.
Anyhow, Barnet got their just desserts, the sods not playing to the spirit of the game when they refused to return the ball to our keeper after we had kicked the ball out of play cos one of our players was down. Hah!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 20:33 - Sep 16 with 5247 viewsRodingdale

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 20:19 - Sep 16 by mikehunt

Moulden did a great job spraying the ball forward, trying to find the Fresh Prince. A really good tactic that paid off today.
Must mention John’s diving, on line clearance, too. It absolutely kept us in the game as we were being battered at that point.
Anyhow, Barnet got their just desserts, the sods not playing to the spirit of the game when they refused to return the ball to our keeper after we had kicked the ball out of play cos one of our players was down. Hah!

A great win, so good to get the sixth goal of the game instead of Barnet. In his interview BJ gave credit to the players, he was clearly thrilled. The Barnet manager singled out Moulden, he said he was our best passer in his view caused them a lot of problems.

The fixture schedule is a bit unkind now, with the players having to travel a shade under 900 miles Tuesday to Saturday (unless we are staying down, which is highly unlikely). But the team spirit we are building might just help gel the players on the road. Two good results should see a great atmosphere under the lights on telly v Chesterfield.
Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 20:46 - Sep 16 with 5168 viewsMass_Debater

Match Thread: Dale vs Barnet on 19:00 - Sep 16 by Barrowdale

Watched abroad on tv. Much better today against a good side. There is hope!!🤞👍🏻

There always has been.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024